AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-11, 05:19   Link #101
edicius

Looks like no more anime on USENET...guess I'm sticking with payhosts....at least in the early AM hours they can download at over 10 Mega Bytes per second.
Old 2013-09-11, 06:08   Link #102
Dryheat

The anime is still there but done by different groups.
alt.binaries.multimedia.anime.highspeed so far has some anime uploaded by headless and animepicker.
alt.binaries.anime and alt.binaries.multimedia.anime has a new one done by yuno.

It will probably take a couple of weeks to work out which ones will update regularly.

The problem with pay hosts is there is no par2 if anything goes wrong and is hard to automate downloads.
Old 2013-09-11, 06:47   Link #103
TBDave

I think all the major releases have been posted so far. Maybe not in every available resolution, but at least 720p is well covered.

It's been a little slower since they're now coming from individual posters rather than an automated bot. But the most popular shows seem to be going up very quickly. Attack On Titan & Railgun were both up a few minutes after the torrent.
Old 2013-09-12, 19:07   Link #104
WolfDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryheat View Post
The anime is still there but done by different groups.
alt.binaries.multimedia.anime.highspeed so far has some anime uploaded by headless and animepicker.
alt.binaries.anime and alt.binaries.multimedia.anime has a new one done by yuno.

It will probably take a couple of weeks to work out which ones will update regularly.

The problem with pay hosts is there is no par2 if anything goes wrong and is hard to automate downloads.
It's hard to automate downloads anyway on usenet because sickbeard doesn't work with the numbering scheme anime release groups use. I have to manually download and rename them in order for post processing to work
Old 2014-01-22, 22:17   Link #105
TBDave

Fanzub's Search doesn't seem to be working. It's not bringing up any results from the past day or so.
Old 2014-03-26, 18:06   Link #106
cyberbeing

Problems have returned. Fanzub index updates now appear to be delayed by around 24 hours for the past few weeks. Hopefully this is not intentional.
Old 2014-04-02, 13:36   Link #107
miyachan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Problems have returned. Fanzub index updates now appear to be delayed by around 24 hours for the past few weeks. Hopefully this is not intentional.
I've noticed this as well. I'm not sure if its recent (as in past few weeks recent) or longer than that. I originally thought the posters ware delayed so I set up a seedbox to start posting to usenet, but seems to be an issue with fanzub.

For the time being I started work on my own indexer as a side project based off fanzub. I've launched it a couple days ago @ https://animezb.com, and while it only does anime, I think it has feature parity with fanzub. However I haven't decided if/when I am going to import older articles (currently there are only ~2 weeks of content).

Development has slowed for now, but I plan on adding anime focused features, I plan on starting on seeing how I can integrate with shanaproject.com as they already have a list of shows & their episodes. Next I'll be looking at how I can format the results for use with sickbeard.

The entire code is open source, the scraper and the website is on github @ https://github.com/animezb, however its not really documented.
Old 2014-04-05, 02:44   Link #108
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyachan View Post
I originally thought the posters ware delayed so I set up a seedbox to start posting to usenet, but seems to be an issue with fanzub.
The par2 files for your posts are not created properly for usenet split files. This breaks auto-join functionality of alt-binz, as well file joining via par2 clients. Take a look at the par2 files which Ishouni & Comfun use for split files, as they've always done it properly. You need to create your par2 from the original video file, and only afterwords split the file to a multiple of the par2 block size. If posting from *nix use the 'split' utility similar to how described at here, while on Windows you could use QuickPar or MultiPar to perform both par2 creation and splitting together.

Hopefully you can resolve this for your future posts.

Quote:
For the time being I started work on my own indexer as a side project based off fanzub. I've launched it a couple days ago @ https://animezb.com
Noticed a couple issues:

"Search" button is incorrectly positioned in all browsers except Google Chrome.

You are including the *.ext video file extension in the nzb file name. Don't do this.

Searching does not search all article names within a batch, only the first article and batch titles. This is problematic when using exclusions based on file extensions, like -rar, since "rar" is not always in the first article.
Old 2014-04-05, 16:00   Link #109
miyachan

Quote:
The par2 files for your posts are not created properly for usenet split files. This breaks auto-join functionality of alt-binz, as well file joining via par2 clients. Take a look at the par2 files which Ishouni & Comfun use for split files, as they've always done it properly. You need to create your par2 from the original video file, and only afterwords split the file to a multiple of the par2 block size. If posting from *nix use the 'split' utility similar to how described at here, while on Windows you could use QuickPar or MultiPar to perform both par2 creation and splitting together.

Hopefully you can resolve this for your future posts.
I see, I had only tested with SABnzbd and nzbget, but I'll update my script accordingly over the next few days.

Quote:

Noticed a couple issues:

"Search" button is incorrectly positioned in all browsers except Google Chrome.

You are including the *.ext video file extension in the nzb file name. Don't do this.

Searching does not search all article names within a batch, only the first article and batch titles. This is problematic when using exclusions based on file extensions, like -rar, since "rar" is not always in the first article.
  1. I'm pretty much develop only for Chrome/WebKit so I can see how that can be an issue.
  2. I'll remove it, but any reason why this is an issue?
  3. Is the goal here to filter files based on tile type? I've purposely chosen to not index every article in the batch, but it might be just easier to expose a field like "myquery filetype:-rar"

Thanks for your help. I've opened the @ github.com so you can track them here:
https://github.com/animezb/animezb/issues - for issues related to the site (top 2 points)
https://github.com/animezb/newsroverd/issues - for issues related to the indexer (bottom point)
Old 2014-04-05, 16:24   Link #110
cyberbeing

Quote:
[*]I'll remove it, but any reason why this is an issue?
My Usenet client automatically creates folders based on the NZB name.

I then end up with something like:
Code:
Downloads (folder)
|_video.mkv (folder)
   |_video.mkv (file)
...which prevents me from moving 'video.mkv (file)' into the 'Downloads' folder, since a 'video.mkv (folder)' already exists.

Quote:
Is the goal here to filter files based on tile type? I've purposely chosen to not index every article in the batch, but it might be just easier to expose a field like "myquery filetype:-rar"
In this case, yes. Though it also rests on the potential of someone including multiple different files in a single post. Bad posting behavior overall, but it can happen assuming Animezb doesn't have logic to prevent multiple file names in a single post from ending up in the same NZB.
Old 2014-06-22, 08:43   Link #111
likeanime

Thanks miyachan for setting up another anime indexer.

Does anyone have advice on how to use sabnzbd and rss to download episodes from a series without hitting duplicates? I had been mucking around with using fanzub's rss with a query for @poster town.ag, and filters that specify fansub group, anime title, resolution... but even then I still get multiple hits when a particular anime is reposted multiple times.

Fanzub doesn't seem to be working well for me for the past months. With animezb, @poster isn't supported. But with a filter of "*horriblesubs*one*piece*720p*", I get a total of 4 hits per episode.
Old 2014-06-22, 12:26   Link #112
adam111316

How exactly do you get the @poster tags working on rss? not sure of the format. I'm trying to get the @category tag to work at the moment with no luck. I just want to search the titles and not the file listings
Old 2014-06-23, 06:55   Link #113
likeanime

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam111316 View Post
How exactly do you get the @poster tags working on rss? not sure of the format. I'm trying to get the @category tag to work at the moment with no luck. I just want to search the titles and not the file listings
On fanzub, I simply did a search for "@poster town.ag". This results in the following url:
Code:
http://www.fanzub.com/?q=%40poster+town.ag&cat=
The corresponding rss link for this was:
Code:
http://www.fanzub.com/rss?q=%40poster+town.ag&cat=
The fanzub faq only mentions that you can use @subject, @poster, @files. Searching title would probably be done using @subject. Replace "&cat=" with "&cat=anime" or whatever. There is no mention of an @category tag.

Fanzub's features work nicely (and it'd be nice if animezb supported similar too), but the raison d'être of indexing sites is to index completely and timely, and fanzub isn't doing well for me on that count at this moment

I'd still love to know how to avoid duplicates.
Old 2014-07-09, 23:32   Link #114
miyachan

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeanime View Post
On fanzub, I simply did a search for "@poster town.ag". This results in the following url:
Code:
http://www.fanzub.com/?q=%40poster+town.ag&cat=
The corresponding rss link for this was:
Code:
http://www.fanzub.com/rss?q=%40poster+town.ag&cat=
The fanzub faq only mentions that you can use @subject, @poster, @files. Searching title would probably be done using @subject. Replace "&cat=" with "&cat=anime" or whatever. There is no mention of an @category tag.

Fanzub's features work nicely (and it'd be nice if animezb supported similar too), but the raison d'être of indexing sites is to index completely and timely, and fanzub isn't doing well for me on that count at this moment

I'd still love to know how to avoid duplicates.
On animezb you can just do
Code:
poster:"town.ag"

You don't need the "@" symbol.

==

Animezb was down for the past couple days. Its up now, and the index should catch up in the next couple hours.
Old 2014-07-17, 01:59   Link #115
adam111316

Quote:
On animezb you can just do
Code:
poster:"town.ag"

You don't need the "@" symbol.

==

Animezb was down for the past couple days. Its up now, and the index should catch up in the next couple hours.
Animezb appears to be down again
Old 2014-08-02, 03:09   Link #116
jaroch7

Just wanted to give a heads up that the fanzub site is reporting a lapsed ssl certificate. Don't know if this is the right place to post the info. Also I'm getting a lot of "unhandled ErrorException" warnings from time to time, instead of the website working... ideas?
Old 2014-09-10, 20:25   Link #117
zombiekil

Animezb appears to be down

Animezb appears to be down again
Old 2014-09-15, 04:15   Link #118
zombiekil

Animezb has it been discontinued?

It has not worked for a few days now.
Old 2014-09-15, 04:18   Link #119
zombiekil

Fanzub is not updating.

I really liked fanzub.
Old 2015-02-18, 17:34   Link #120
blindpet

I am interested in having your fanzub work live on so people can create their own personal Anime indexer. I want to create a guide for my site HTPC Guides and want to know if I can ask you questions as I create the guide in PM or elsewhere. I have already installed all dependencies AFAIA but I'm getting an empty white page.

The goal will be to have a fully functioning guide for Ubuntu and Windows which hopefully will minimize how many people come asking you questions.
Closed Thread

Tags
wiki candidate