AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-15, 14:50   Link #2341
Vito
Asshole.

Most pictures are publicly released previews though?
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 14:59   Link #2342
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That and we've not seen it either, so we are guessing. If there is a spoiler in the Japanese text, well I have no idea because I can't read it.

I have found the word inane to be fun while covering the "spoilers"

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-06-15 at 15:31.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 15:18   Link #2343
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
Folks, watch the SPOILERS — especially in images —just tag them appropriately, please!
Spoiler for This will ruin it for you:
How hard was that?

Seriously, I don't want to be exposed to any more spoiler images until I receive my Blu-ray this coming week — so give us a break, please —use the proper posting etiquette in this regard, guys! If I look at a spoiler that's my business, but I don't want to be unknowingly exposed, especially since there are spoiler rules in effect on this board. I'm sure that others will appreciate your respect in this regard as well. Thanks!
OK, what image did i post here today that was a spoiler? Unless you consider the cover art for volume 7 a spoiler. I haven't posted anything else... so, aim those shock cannons somewhere else, please.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 15:57   Link #2344
August138

My comment was a cover-all, even though I named you and Ithekro, so I didn't mean for you to get upset, Luis, sorry; I'm just asking everyone to follow the simple rules of the board — I know we're all excited, but a little spoiler decorum goes a long way. Even speculation can spoil things for others — just spoiler tag them, that's all. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Most pictures are publicly released previews though?
But, you have to look for them to see them — by searching Japanese sites — this board is supposed to be spoiler free, unless you "spoiler tag" them. This allows people to view them at their own risk. I'm talking about episode-specific images, not the posters or fliers, etc. Like those posted on the previous page. What's so difficult to allow your fellow board members this simply courtesy of spoiler tagging them? Especially for those just following the TV broadcasts, which are still in the early episodes. That's all. Maybe one of the mods will step in and have a say in this?
Old 2013-06-15, 16:24   Link #2345
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
My comment was a cover-all, even though I named you and Ithekro, so I didn't mean for you to get upset, Luis, sorry; I'm just asking everyone to follow the simple rules of the board — I know we're all excited, but a little spoiler decorum goes a long way. Even speculation can spoil things for others — just spoiler tag them, that's all. Thanks!
If you feel like the spoiler policy of this Forum isn't being upheld then the report button is your friend.

Personally I didn't saw anything that looked particularly bad but that's just my opinion
Old 2013-06-15, 16:29   Link #2346
August138

Some of the photos contained extremely *major* spoilers; plus, I'm not a snitch. I think that this can be resolved between the posters as the adults I believe we are.
Old 2013-06-15, 17:27   Link #2347
Vito
Asshole.

Well, I'm sure the Japanese offices will get a lot of angry complaints from people or something, releasing spoiler images...

Anyhow I believe this is from tokyo toy show?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 20:17   Link #2348
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If you feel like the spoiler policy of this Forum isn't being upheld then the report button is your friend.
This, oh so much.

Quote:
Some of the photos contained extremely *major* spoilers; plus, I'm not a snitch. I think that this can be resolved between the posters as the adults I believe we are.
You're not "snitching," you're letting the moderation team know of a post that you have a problem with which we will review and take appropriate action if it is needed.

Anyway, if it helps, perhaps we should treat the "spoiler" images like we would in the case of when an episode airs the "RAW" discussion is put under properly labeled spoiler tags until the episode is subbed (in this case, please use the images tag instead).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 22:11   Link #2349
enrico7113

for some reasons I still prefer the yamato 2199 hand drawn girls than their real counterparts
enrico7113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 01:53   Link #2350
macdawson

I wonder if episode 20 will start like the original counterpart (22), without opening credits, going straight into the action? That would be a nice not to the original.
Old 2013-06-16, 02:44   Link #2351
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Japanese wikipedia for Yamato 2199 can be helpful, but also difficult since things are in flux and I've reading it through a translator that could be rubbish.

But there was a small piece of information that might be useful outside of spoilers. It was a small mention in summary for the Gamilas Battle Carrier that I couldn't track down a source for, but if I read it correctly, the ship is red because it is a prototype. Or perhaps its a symbol of being the first of a class? Zoellieck's flagship was red and it was the first ship in the class, so that tracks a little. But UX-01 should also be the first of its class, but it is also a different color than most ships, being a blue-ish green rather than just green. It might just be experimental instead of just a prototype, save the Torpedo Boats are also the same blue-ish green as UX-01 (a similar color to that of Fleet Admiral Dietz's uniform).

So we now have a Gamilas fleet that has multiple colors aside from ships painted in camoflauge.
Green seems to be the standard fleet color.
Blue seems to be the Imperial Guard colors as well as the color (though slightly brighter blue) of Dessler's ship.
Purple seems to be the Propaganda department's colors, though we've only seen two ships in purple so I can't confirm that one.
Red might be for prototypes.
And blue-green? Stealth ships?
Old 2013-06-16, 03:18   Link #2352
macdawson

Actually, the red Zergutt II is, as the name indicates, the second of it's class. The first is (or was) the blue Deusler I. As for why the carriers have different colors, realistically, in 1974 they must have done it like that because it looked cool and helped differentiate the carriers. Wether they'll have an actual reason, other than respect for the original, for the carrier colors here, it remains to be seen. Though one thing must be said, though they are in different colors, they toned it down, the colors aren't as bright as in the original, at least in the Gyperons. The Gerbades is still bright red, of course.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:57   Link #2353
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The notes (and class name) say that the Zergutt II is the first ship, Deusler I is the second ship while Domelus III is the third ship.

Since the notes say that Domelus III is the third ship to carry the name, one assumes Zergutt II is the second ship to have that name, ans Dessler assumes he'll have many ships to his name, but designates the first one as the first one (or in the tradition of 'Air Force One', Dessler's flagship was named that way for whatever reason).
Old 2013-06-16, 13:12   Link #2354
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
This, oh so much.

You're not "snitching," you're letting the moderation team know of a post that you have a problem with which we will review and take appropriate action if it is needed.

Anyway, if it helps, perhaps we should treat the "spoiler" images like we would in the case of when an episode airs the "RAW" discussion is put under properly labeled spoiler tags until the episode is subbed (in this case, please use the images tag instead).
And a Mod has spoken... Thank you.
Old 2013-06-16, 17:40   Link #2355
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

People are estimating the length of the Battle Carrier at 390 meters long based on the model. The Newer Battleships they say is 392 meters long, but I don't know where that information comes from originally. There is no model of it yet, nor a data page online.

The Battle Carrier has a lot of weaponry. Though some I cannot identify. I don't know it they use off of its different weapons in the show, so I can't guess yet what they are. The Beam weapon turrets are easy to pick out, but missile tubes are trickier since sometimes what might look like a tube is actually for something else. There is a set that could be racks up to 64 tubes.

There of course are the main guns centerline in front and behind the superstructure, plus some secondary guns on the sides of the hanger. Then the hidden guns and tubes below the deck and then some more hidden below the hull. There might be more that wasn't shown on the data page or are just unidentifiable untill they are pointed out or used.

That is one thing about the new show over the old one. The old Roman Albums and other such things had information about weapons and features on the ships, that were never used. Most ships, if they got a chance to fire at all, usually only used one gun type and almost never fired missiles or torpedoes. The Earth fleet had lots of weapons, but only ever really used their upper deck shock cannons. Or maybe their wave motion guns. The enemy fleets had a similar problem of not using many of their weapons.

But in Yamato 2199? Most Gamilas ship types have fired most of their weapons at some point in the show. Though the Gamilas cruisers haven't fired their torpedoes yet in combat. The models say they are under the bow of the ship with four doors for the torpedo tubes.
Old 2013-06-16, 18:12   Link #2356
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
People are estimating the length of the Battle Carrier at 390 meters long based on the model. The Newer Battleships they say is 392 meters long, but I don't know where that information comes from originally. There is no model of it yet, nor a data page online.
With the new battleship you mean the upgraded Gaiderols?

EDIT: I also get the feeling that the Battle Carrier is on par with the Yamato, at least in terms of conventional firepower. Would be interesting to know if the Battle Carrier has the same reflector system as the Domelus III.

Spoiler:

Last edited by FerrusManus; 2013-06-16 at 18:29.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 18:24   Link #2357
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The upgraded ones yes.
Old 2013-06-16, 20:59   Link #2358
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
Spoiler:
I should know this coming week or weekend when my theater-exclusive Blu-ray arrives...
Old 2013-06-16, 22:35   Link #2359
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Aside from the submarine, I doubt any survive. And the only reason I think the submarine survives is because its captain was in the original third season of the show.
Old 2013-06-17, 04:47   Link #2360
August138

According to the official website, the theater limited Blu-rays of Volume 6 is now sold out in Yokohama. Kyoto, Hashimoto, Sapporo, Kameari, Utsunomiya have been sold out. Low quantities are still available at Shinjuku Piccadilly and Namba Park, while MOVIX Miyoshi is nearly sold out.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato