Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 01:04   Link #4381
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
AWWWW SHIIIIIIEEEEEEET!!!! I knew he was gonna go for that eventually, let's see how he kicks some serious asses next chapter

EDIT: BTW who did he summon this time? I can't remember this guy
thats Hecadoth for you
Old 2013-05-17, 05:09   Link #4382
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
We're expecting him to knock out because he was injured pretty bad before the contract. That and tissue toxin. It definitely has to do some actual damage this time around or people will scream bullshit!
His body took massive damage and he could barely move even with Lamia right there to heal him. Considering that everyone else (except for the gag characters) usually walk off being smashed into walls and stuff, I think his damage from the tissue use and subsequent fights is pretty reasonable.

And for an out, you had Behemoth mumbling about how much power Furuichi could take in, which when you think about it, is actually true. Yeah, Oga's a badass and Beel is royalty, but Furuichi used demonic powers from Behemoth constantly and managed to stay intact. For an otherwise unremarkable person (compared to all these badass delinquents), it's impressive, I think.

I expect him to be the gag character/tactician of the group, but if they let him get his moments to shine in a fight, I'm pretty cool with the occasional bullshit power up. Of course, I personally think the tank cover with him dressed as a Behemoth General was foreshadowing of some sort. None of them seem to seriously mind his use of their power.
Old 2013-05-17, 05:13   Link #4383
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
His body took massive damage and he could barely move even with Lamia right there to heal him. Considering that everyone else (except for the gag characters) usually walk off being smashed into walls and stuff, I think his damage from the tissue use and subsequent fights is pretty reasonable.

And for an out, you had Behemoth mumbling about how much power Furuichi could take in, which when you think about it, is actually true. Yeah, Oga's a badass and Beel is royalty, but Furuichi used demonic powers from Behemoth constantly and managed to stay intact. For an otherwise unremarkable person (compared to all these badass delinquents), it's impressive, I think.

I expect him to be the gag character/tactician of the group, but if they let him get his moments to shine in a fight, I'm pretty cool with the occasional bullshit power up. Of course, I personally think the tank cover with him dressed as a Behemoth General was foreshadowing of some sort. None of them seem to seriously mind his use of their power.
That and the fact he was shown as Oga's rival in Jumps protagonists vs rivals cover (and there were plenty of other people the author could have chosen).

I'm betting Furuich's "demonic power" will have more plot relevance in the future otherwise the author could have easily just not made him fight in this arc.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 05:27   Link #4384
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
That and the fact he was shown as Oga's rival in Jumps protagonists vs rivals cover (and there were plenty of other people the author could have chosen).

I'm betting Furuich's "demonic power" will have more plot relevance in the future otherwise the author could have easily just not made him fight in this arc.
I agree 137.5% Even Behemoth took an interest in him. Furuichi contained the power of jaberwock and behemoth along with several pillar captains. Oga almost died because beel got stonger earlier on and Furuichi didn't even need much time to adjust. ofcourse his body didn't hold up to well after fighting all of the strong male characters and fighting Oga to a draw, but he still showed he can become a beast if he has enough demonic power.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 05:33   Link #4385
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I agree 137.5% Even Behemoth took an interest in him. Furuichi contained the power of jaberwock and behemoth along with several pillar captains. Oga almost died because beel got stonger earlier on and Furuichi didn't even need much time to adjust. ofcourse his body didn't hold up to well after fighting all of the strong male characters and fighting Oga to a draw, but he still showed he can become a beast if he has enough demonic power.
I think he should gain a contract or even a king's seal from EN. I actually don't mind if he gets it from Oga but it does seem very weird that he's summoning an army that swears loyalty to En but ends up with beel's seal. It would link in to the whole rival deal and ultimately EN and Beel are on the same side and are against an enemy which threatens the royal family (Solomon Company)
Old 2013-05-17, 06:19   Link #4386
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Oh shit! What a boring chapter!
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 16:54   Link #4387
shalala

Quote:
Considering that everyone else (except for the gag characters) usually walk off being smashed into walls and stuff, I think his damage from the tissue use and subsequent fights is pretty reasonable.
I'm pretty cool with the occasional bullshit power up. Of course, I personally think the tank cover with him dressed as a Behemoth General was foreshadowing of some sort. None of them seem to seriously mind his use of their power.
I do hope that we see some pernement side effect for using the tissues this time around. Also I do hope he does become a General of Behemoth. Maybe he could get tissues that does less damage to him and but allows him to change pillar heads but for less time or maybe he goes and trains with Behemoth. I'm sure he wouldn't mind being trained by Angie .

Quote:
I think he should gain a contract or even a king's seal from EN. I actually don't mind if he gets it from Oga but it does seem very weird that he's summoning an army that swears loyalty to En but ends up with beel's seal. It would link in to the whole rival deal and ultimately EN and Beel are on the same side and are against an enemy which threatens the royal family (Solomon Company)
Plus En and Beel do have an rivally going along. Still it is going to be funny if he does gets En Seal. The convo that will come along will be just as funny plus with the whole Lamia thing. Still En and Furuichi could become the best of friends don't know why just look like that to me.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 17:14   Link #4388
Excorsism

Quote:

I think it would provide for more development on Furuchi's part if he succumbs to the poison/demon energy. It feels it would be a smoother transition into Furuchi finally getting involved with demon related stuff instead of tissues->beat people->suddenly contract without nothing in between happening.
Old 2013-05-17, 17:25   Link #4389
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Guys, I just notice something. Furuichi and Takamiya's body composition are quite similar. You don't think......
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 20:24   Link #4390
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Guys, I just notice something. Furuichi and Takamiya's body composition are quite similar. You don't think......
when you say body composition,what exactly is it? I'm just curious
Old 2013-05-17, 20:29   Link #4391
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
when you say body composition,what exactly is it? I'm just curious
Body type, skinny and non muscular. The stereotype side kick if you will. They body figure is similar is what I am saying. Takamiya's personality kind of reminded me of Furuichi when Furuichi first used the tissues.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 01:17   Link #4392
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Body type, skinny and non muscular. The stereotype side kick if you will. They body figure is similar is what I am saying. Takamiya's personality kind of reminded me of Furuichi when Furuichi first used the tissues.
oh that one,so you meant their physical appearance thanks for explaining
Old 2013-05-18, 17:34   Link #4393
Tenchi Hou Take

I found this fairly interesting from 4 chan.

"Actually 'Tactician' was translated from the same word they use for General or 'resourceful general': 智将 (chishou).
The goon was making fun of him by using 恥将 (chishou) which sounds the same but the kanji meaning is 'shameful general'
Here Furuichi is more literally saying' don't get the character wrong, I'm the General'.
And next page he gets the respect he deserves when Hecados calls him 智将どの (chishou-dono)."

Basically Hecatos actually called him very respectfully "The General".
Old 2013-05-18, 22:31   Link #4394
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
I found this fairly interesting from 4 chan.

"Actually 'Tactician' was translated from the same word they use for General or 'resourceful general': 智将 (chishou).
The goon was making fun of him by using 恥将 (chishou) which sounds the same but the kanji meaning is 'shameful general'
Here Furuichi is more literally saying' don't get the character wrong, I'm the General'.
And next page he gets the respect he deserves when Hecados calls him 智将どの (chishou-dono)."

Basically Hecatos actually called him very respectfully "The General".
That is pretty interesting. It also feels like forshadowing or something... it could be nothing but it would be cool if the pillars start calling him general.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:54   Link #4395
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
That is pretty interesting. It also feels like forshadowing or something... it could be nothing but it would be cool if the pillars start calling him general.
Yeah, That is pretty interesting indeed
i cant really for that moment if that really happen
Old 2013-05-20, 01:45   Link #4396
Yami no Ou
まおう

Furuichi will turn out to be badass if all the Pillars call him "general"
Old 2013-05-20, 02:21   Link #4397
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Super Badass, i think
Old 2013-05-20, 11:17   Link #4398
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Super Badass, i think
Who also gets Nene as his girlfriend with the help of the pillars.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 11:18   Link #4399
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

En would certainly appreciate not having competition for Lamia...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 11:40   Link #4400
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

But Lamia hangs around him on her own... It's too bad En.

Furuichi's harem shall consist of Nene, Lamia, and Agiel.

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence