AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-20, 11:25   Link #101
TrueKnight

She wants Fon-fon all to herself.
Old 2009-02-20, 11:57   Link #102
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Hmm.

Regarding Leerin's letter in ep 6, I found out something... it seems that not even Nina rests easy knowing about it. Although it's not shown in the anime (so guess where I knew that). But yeah.
Old 2009-02-20, 11:59   Link #103
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Perhaps: Your subordinate got a letter from an unknown girl from his former city...suspicious if he didn't mention her...
Old 2009-02-20, 13:25   Link #104
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Dude, up to ep 6,

- She nicked him excusively 'Fon-fon'.
- She first time smiled 'cuz Fon-fon.
- Selfish and 'I don't care" Felli participated in battle at Fon-fon's request.
- She hid Lilin's letter intentionally at her own violtion just because it's from Leerin -> girl's name, kept doing it until Mei finally snapped her.
- Intended on kicking Fon-fon just because she found out he learned cooking along other girls at the orphanage.

Yea, she's pretty much smitten by him.. Fon-fon's dumb as an ox, so Felli needs to be more aggresive.

You misquoted me, but your post was proper in response to mine. As for Felli, sorry homeslice but it's just not going to happen IMO. You say Layfon is dumb as an ox but he was able to accurately read Mei's invitation to dinner as a date, the SCP discussing his Kei analysis, the entire Temp Police scenario. I think Layfon has accurately surmised Felli's growing affections yet during EP 6 when Felli asks him if he has free time he replies "Yeah, but...." as if trying to keep an option to bail out on her.

The only reason I say Leerin has a chance with Layfon is because the only scene I've seen with them they were kissing. Ultimately I assume this will end like all other shounen/action series where the hero nevers resolves his harem.
Old 2009-02-20, 13:38   Link #105
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan
but he was able to accurately read Mei's invitation to dinner as a date, the SCP discussing his Kei analysis, the entire Temp Police scenario
And not only that, becoming a Heaven Blade when he was just a kid, asking Felli to give intelligence on the overall battlefield in ep 5, asking Harley to customize his Dite into wires because he knew he'd be facing a swarm of bugs so he could kill them faster and efficiently. He's a capable soldier and knows tactical combat very well.

I guess I should've been clear enough in my definiton that 'dumb as an ox' as in the way girls feels about him. He's quite oblivious in the romance department so far.

Quote:
I think Layfon has accurately surmised Felli's growing affections yet during EP 6 when Felli asks him if he has free time he replies "Yeah, but...." as if trying to keep an option to bail out on her.
See my previous point, he's oblivious.

Quote:
The only reason I say Leerin has a chance with Layfon is because the only scene I've seen with them they were kissing.
And I never disagree with this point because I conclude the same if you bother reading. But it's still ep 6 and and with 18 eps left many could happen that proves otherwise.

Quote:
Ultimately I assume this will end like all other shounen/action series where the hero nevers resolves his harem.
Considering the novel has not ended, this is the most plausible choice and I including several posters already pointed this out few times in the generic thread.
Old 2009-02-20, 14:32   Link #106
Lostdreams

In the end, I have a feeling that it's going to be CaptainxFonFon
Old 2009-02-21, 03:04   Link #107
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

@ Trueknight

I did bother reading your post . About the only thing I specifically disagreed with you on was that he's not dumb when it comes to relationships. The whole leerin thing was simply a preface to the "He'll end alone" bit. I assume he'll end alone, I think Leerin has the highest chance, but I want him to end with Nina. It was mainly just a rhetorical tidbit into my Regios romance theory. Anywho.

I still don't think he's dumb when it comes to the girl's affections. He saved mei and when was asked to go to a GROUP dinner he agreed. When the other two girls bailed he asked if she wanted to cancel it (I assume because he knew it wasn't simply an outing with friends) and only agreed (while smiling slightly which I assume means it's an acto f compassion not affection) after watching Mei squirm around unable to express her feelings. Fast forward to Felli and when she asks a similar styled question about spending time together he tries to leave an opportunity to decline until she states her brother wants to meet him.

Now there are two possible ways to interpret this. One is he's just retarded at understanding their intentions, OR he fully understands their intentions but doesn't want to pursue them because he has an emotional attachment to someone else (Presumedly Leerin). Now if he wasn't a Heaven's Blade at the age of 10 nor could he accurately interpret the SCP's subtle hints nor could he generally predict the outcomes of nearly every situation he's placed into, then I would assume it was the former and not the latter.

Really, TBH, I'm just tired of the whole "I'm too dumb to understand women though I can crush everyone around me" cliche of anime and I'm hoping for a refreshing new perspective. Of course, your guess is probably the more accurate one, but I can still hope, right?
Old 2009-02-21, 03:50   Link #108
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Or tries to refuse them because he has no romantic interest in them(i mean Felli and Mei) or there's a little chance that he wants to get closer to other girl on Zuelni(most propably then Nina)...but who knows...guessing from the ep 7 pictures Layfon somewhat become Mr. Echi(i mean he accidentaly do perverted things...like the breast-pillow at ep 5 and now Narki's chest grabing...) and what comes with that? Most propably an emotionaly dumb character who know nothing of romance...(i hope it's not true). And i think Leerin's kiss with Layfon probably was just a teasing from the authors and she must fight hard to earn Layfon's affection as any other "harem-mate". So i think his emotions towards Leerin(in romantic sense) not as strong to refuse that kind of invitations just because of that...
Old 2009-02-21, 04:46   Link #109
Slick_rick

I hope it goes something like this:

Mei- Unrequited love for Layfon(this one is pretty certain). Part of harem for fanservice and moe factor.
Felli- Unrequited love for Layfon. Comedy, moe, and allows her character to change and grow because of him.
Nina- Ambiguous relationship that has a lot of underlying romantic undertones at times. There for drama, plot, and character development.
Leerin- Requited/ambiguous feelings but complicated by relationship with other girls. There for plot and relationship drama(jealousy?).

I don't see Narki get much more than that accidental breast grab. She'd better treasure that moment. I don't care how big Layfon harem gets as long as it's fairly clear who he has possible romantic feelings for and who he just thinks of as friends. Trying to give him romantic feelings for each girl or make it seems as he does just cheapens his character IMO.
Old 2009-02-21, 04:49   Link #110
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
In the end, I have a feeling that it's going to be CaptainxFonFon
I agree, if Leerin isn't able to win his heart....(which l hope she does) then Nina will eventually win him.
Old 2009-02-21, 08:30   Link #111
TrueKnight

Quote:
About the only thing I specifically disagreed with you on was that he's not dumb when it comes to relationships. The whole leerin thing was simply a preface to the "He'll end alone" bit. I assume he'll end alone, I think Leerin has the highest chance, but I want him to end with Nina. It was mainly just a rhetorical tidbit into my Regios romance theory. Anywho.

I still don't think he's dumb when it comes to the girl's affections. He saved mei and when was asked to go to a GROUP dinner he agreed. When the other two girls bailed he asked if she wanted to cancel it (I assume because he knew it wasn't simply an outing with friends) and only agreed (while smiling slightly which I assume means it's an acto f compassion not affection) after watching Mei squirm around unable to express her feelings. Fast forward to Felli and when she asks a similar styled question about spending time together he tries to leave an opportunity to decline until she states her brother wants to meet him.

Now there are two possible ways to interpret this. One is he's just retarded at understanding their intentions, OR he fully understands their intentions but doesn't want to pursue them because he has an emotional attachment to someone else (Presumedly Leerin). Now if he wasn't a Heaven's Blade at the age of 10 nor could he accurately interpret the SCP's subtle hints nor could he generally predict the outcomes of nearly every situation he's placed into, then I would assume it was the former and not the latter.

Really, TBH, I'm just tired of the whole "I'm too dumb to understand women though I can crush everyone around me" cliche of anime and I'm hoping for a refreshing new perspective. Of course, your guess is probably the more accurate one, but I can still hope, right?
lol k dude sorry to misunderstood your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb
Or tries to refuse them because he has no romantic interest in them(i mean Felli and Mei) or there's a little chance that he wants to get closer to other girl on Zuelni(most propably then Nina)
I vote the choice previous poster provided that he's too retarded at understanding their intentions. Maybe he realizes it, but either he's not interested yet because focuses at soldiering, doesn't want to hurt other girls feeling so he's playing it safe, or he's gay.

From what I see Layfon fell into the type of typical japanese RPG's heroes where all the girls wants to go inside the lead's pants but the lead somehow being ridiculously dense, oblivous and retarded to even notice the girls obvious advances. Let's see, Senel from Tales of Legendia, Llyod from Tales of Symphonia, Lyner from Ar-tonelico, and umm others.

Layfon is also responsible for unconsciousnessly making the girls smitten and affected by him by doing them good deeds, talking and encouraging them and helping them unconditionally. He didn’t mean it romantically and he’s doing it at good nature basis, but unfortunately the girls being fantasy-minded they are thought about it otherwise. He’s not to blame, yes. But lol he didn’t think about the aftereffect.

In the end in CSR's case I think its the girls who's eventually going to make all the blitzkrieg romantic advances towards him while Layfon just sitting there wondering what the hell are they doing. Maybe he thinks he's already badass enough so he doesn't need to make any advances.
Old 2009-02-21, 09:30   Link #112
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

No need to apoligize. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk if I did. I just assumed I should clarify what I was trying to imply.
Old 2009-02-21, 14:17   Link #113
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

It's ok, if Layfon doesn't end up with any of these four he still has the SCP. I mean, they're always on the same page. The chemistry is astounding.

I really really hope they don't make Naruki chase after him too, that would be a waste of screen time as we already have a "Probably not going to happen." in Mei, and we know how much screen time she has singlehandedly "wasted" by herself.

I'd have to agree that Lilin has the highest chance at the moment with her little sneak attack in ep1. You can't disregard that she writes letters to him on a frequent basis. Layfon probably has some kind of bond with her as he doesn't act the way a single person would at all when he is advanced on, either that or he has nerves of steel. Retarded male lead notwithstanding.
Old 2009-02-21, 14:40   Link #114
ricaryx

I doubt Lilin has the highest chance. She's barely in the story. It's just down to Felli or Nina.
Old 2009-02-21, 14:41   Link #115
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
For layfon probably the bond with leerin is only childhood/sister like; probably in the orphanage layfon considered all the children part of his family, probably same for leerin; however surely this is not for leerin, so she kiss him to try to understand layfon that he is important to her, but all we know that he is a bit moron, so probably he don't know because leerin kiss him or probably think that was a kind of goodbye lol
Old 2009-02-21, 15:41   Link #116
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricaryx View Post
I doubt Lilin has the highest chance. She's barely in the story. It's just down to Felli or Nina.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-21, 16:17   Link #117
BusterSword
Outcast

mostly all romance anime they make the main guy character dense/retarded lol but I have watched a lot of romance animes and I always get the feeling of whos going to end up with who, well sometimes, mostly the main couple I get xD. I dunno but I think Felli might end up with Layfon, I haven't seen Leerin yet so xD.
Old 2009-02-21, 16:38   Link #118
RevRayCool

As an ardent shipper, this show has made me very happy with the number of flags it has risen . Original material isn't a romance story, yes, but I hope Regios becomes popular enough for a spin off game, similar to what was done with Code Geass and ToraDora. My shipping fantasies must be realized for ALL pairings!
Old 2009-02-21, 18:02   Link #119
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRayCool View Post
As an ardent shipper, this show has made me very happy with the number of flags it has risen . Original material isn't a romance story, yes, but I hope Regios becomes popular enough for a spin off game, similar to what was done with Code Geass and ToraDora. My shipping fantasies must be realized for ALL pairings!
Right... wait, ALL? You mean it? Count me in, I'd like to take Felli+Fonfon and Nina+Fonfon to new levels.

But to become a game Regios has to be a super-magnificent RPG (and I would be in despair if it's going to be in any of these 3rd-gen consoles, notably 360 and/or PS3) due to the way the story was created... also, trying to implement the dating sim function into it would be a difficult task to do :P
Old 2009-02-21, 20:57   Link #120
slidingk1

Regios is becoming Shuffle with swords....Maybe we can have Larin losing it and going after the other girls with a knife that would be great!!
Closed Thread