AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 00:56   Link #2441
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
i hope ticy doesnt die T-T
Spoiler for Chiffon's bestest friend:
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 14:22   Link #2442
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Spoiler for Chiffon's bestest friend:
Spoiler for response:
Old 2013-04-02, 14:43   Link #2443
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Spoiler for Chapter 129, 130, Freezing P:
is having a spinoff a good thing in this series?

there are two characters with their own spinoff..

we know what happened to them..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 20:39   Link #2444
waffler

sooo whats kazuyas importance in all of this i forgot hes the mc since hes so weak even though he could use freezing on pandoras in pandora mode now hes like poopoo :/
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 21:04   Link #2445
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Spoiler for response:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
is having a spinoff a good thing in this series?

there are two characters with their own spinoff..

we know what happened to them..
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
sooo whats kazuyas importance in all of this i forgot hes the mc since hes so weak even though he could use freezing on pandoras in pandora mode now hes like poopoo :/
If you're expecting him to go Super Kazuya and obliterate all the Novas, then you're going to be disappointed. He's never been a "destroy all enemies" kind of MC, and I hope he will never will.

As for him being "poo poo," nothing could be further from the truth. He's had more character development in this arc than possibly the rest of the story. And he's bound to have even more the next time he sees Gengo, can't wait for it.
Old 2013-04-02, 21:24   Link #2446
Yorae_paladin1

kazuya is not bad just was forced a destiny not of his choosing thanks to gengo the asshole aoi
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 22:31   Link #2447
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

"project fairchild buster?"

what the eff. (chapter 123)

also, maybe Kazuya will die? too much to hope for?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 22:42   Link #2448
Yorae_paladin1

Spoiler:
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2013-04-24, 05:25   Link #2449
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

just when I think Kazuya is a lame main character... then come this chapter....

He's done something unexpected and truly show that he is a man....
now, Satella will be fallen into deep despair
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 05:38   Link #2450
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

If you're expecting him to go Super Kazuya and obliterate all the Novas, then you're going to be disappointed. He's never been a "destroy all enemies" kind of MC, and I hope he will never will.

As for him being "poo poo," nothing could be further from the truth. He's had more character development in this arc than possibly the rest of the story. And he's bound to have even more the next time he sees Gengo, can't wait for it.
Nah he is rather worthless. It's less of a case of him being able to obliterate his enemies more of the case he CAN freeze most of the opponents satelizer faced (hell he could of frozen satelizer in this very chapter) and barely ever does it. It's moronic and just screams of bad planning.

If he was supposed to be the pointless weak human, then make him a weak human don't give him a strong power and then make him never use it, when anyone with half a brain would. He should be a lot more useful than he is and it undermines his character in every battle he exists in.

It's gotten so bad other limters do more in battles than he freaking does, and he's supposed to be stronger and have more potential than any of them and yet does barely anything. He's a rather extreme example of an author who has no idea what to do with a character, (then again the author never had any idea what to do with this plot to begin with, hence the over a hundred chapters of monthly manga with fuck all plot progression). It's quite sad really.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 06:40   Link #2451
Johnny
Working the bags...

The sad thing like THT mentioned is that Kazuya is supposed to be this extra special character with all the stigma he has in his body, but jack shit is really done about it. I hear the argument from some b-but he's Satellizer's emotional support and....so what? If I wanted that I'd go read some sappy shoujo. I wanna see him kick ass and not cry like a little girl who lost their barbie all the time. He wasn't that bad early on when he actually did something, but it's been all downhill ever since...

It just goes to show that Dal-Young doesn't know how the hell to write a character that doesn't have boobs and a vagina. Sure there's Aflame Inferno, but look where that's at and technically he does have a female in him...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 08:09   Link #2452
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Geez, what happened to the Kazuya that using Freezing on regular joe smucks who assaulted his classmates (with a gun no less) and punched the guy out? Sure he collapsed right after but that cemented some hardcore respect for him back then.

"Where have all the good men gone~"

@ Johnny - heh, that's so true for Aflame. Sure, guy acted like an ass but there were other males in the story who, despite being bad, were good characters in their own right. And Gehenna is still my favorite of Dal-Young's characters.
Old 2013-04-24, 08:31   Link #2453
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Geez, what happened to the Kazuya that using Freezing on regular joe smucks who assaulted his classmates (with a gun no less) and punched the guy out? Sure he collapsed right after but that cemented some hardcore respect for him back then.

"Where have all the good men gone~"

@ Johnny - heh, that's so true for Aflame. Sure, guy acted like an ass but there were other males in the story who, despite being bad, were good characters in their own right. And Gehenna is still my favorite of Dal-Young's characters.
I forget the dudes name but dat main bad guy, is probably my favourite Dal-Young Villain. Actually started rooting for him part way through his adventure, he's not so much an evil ass for the sake of being an ass more a person with opossing view points that do make some sense. He also gets a decent amount of character development and is a brains rather than brawns sorta guy.

I think it really came to to author realizing that if Kazuya was even mildly competant with the abilities he had Satelizer's importance will be diminshed (because combat wise there really isn't anything remarkable about her in comparison to other pandora) so if pretty much went fuck Kazuya and gave all development to Satelizer. I could never understand why he couldn't just you know develop both characters..
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 08:39   Link #2454
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah, talking about Pandemonium? Kid that handed Gehenna her ass when they fought? XD Yeah.

It's like Dal-Young gets scared of having a strong male character sometimes that doesn't have to rely on a woman. Sure, getting Thanatos's girl and making her into one of his Modded Templars was a dick move but in context and in terms of strategy, it was a brilliant move too.

We all know he draws great-looking girls but seriously, many of them are messed up in the head.
Old 2013-04-24, 10:15   Link #2455
Yorae_paladin1

I agree kazuya was a decent character back int he beginning but now. he just went from great to pathetic. I can't believe he didn't think of freezing stella then talking to her she wasn't in state for any normal approaches and look what he got for his trouble impaled by his bestfriend/girlfriend

Old 2013-04-24, 12:19   Link #2456
dmaxzero

Drooped this crap for the same reason, dont put a male char that has the "potential" to be the most powerful and never use it, except to cry and looks weak and pathetic... it tired me to no end.

I dont like any of the main cast of girls also, their reasoning is stupid, beyond the common boundaries and acknowledgment that this is a manga/manwa whatever.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 16:33   Link #2457
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
We all know he draws great-looking girls but seriously, many of them are messed up in the head.
He doesn't even do that someone else does...

Curiously I glanced at his newest one Ace Maid and it's just another Freezing but with maid outfits. The MC guy is the typical pathetic Dal-Young male as well...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:36   Link #2458
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
*sighs* it's sad that the MC finds himself not getting stronger, mature, smarter, knocked around, and he still barely does a thing especially if his GF is getting her butt kicked . Did the author just forget about Kazuya's development? It's getting really tired that the MC starts to take action more real late in the story or even in the middle after all that worry, crying, depressing, etc. It's really troublesome if Kazuya never had the chance to really shine until a out of nowhere moment THIS FAR AHEAD in the plot.

It's a bad idea to keep a character rolling around the bend, not doing much of anything and never accomplishes a moment worth watching until the end or never at all in the manga, after all the potential he can do and work together with his love interest whose also strong.
Old 2013-04-27, 07:13   Link #2459
Alhazad2003

Spoiler for Chapters 131-133:
Old 2013-04-27, 13:35   Link #2460
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Spoiler for Chapters 131-133:
should have known a total ass pull there was no way they be winning unless they had deus ex powers out of nowhere

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen