AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-22, 23:38   Link #2641
Tachibana
タチバナ

Kazuya has proven that he can show some balls in the past, especially during the Siblings arc, however, I'm disappointed in Kazuya for not understanding Gengo and what hes trying to do. Kazuya has a lot to understand and needs to give a lot of apologies, plus he needs to gain his strength back again.
Old 2014-01-22, 23:39   Link #2642
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Kazuya has proven that he can show some balls in the past, especially during the Siblings arc, however, I'm disappointed in Kazuya for not understanding Gengo and what hes trying to do. Kazuya has a lot to understand and needs to give a lot of apologies, plus he needs to gain his strength back again.
What he needs to do, is take Rana and Stella to a private room, away from every single conspiracy theory war in the world, and just to the friggin blessing/pact/boning already.
Old 2014-01-22, 23:51   Link #2643
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I can't fault Gengo for this... sweet alien hottie (--<) or ( --)> boring human ...
... <(-_- <) Sweet alien hottie every time.

...yeah, there's no way I could ever be a protag in any manga ...
Old 2014-01-23, 00:02   Link #2644
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
So at this point is it safe to say that Kazuya will be nothing more than a worthless character that cries at the drop of a dime? So much potential for a character that's just wasted because Dal-Young can only draw tits and asses. Oh wait, he doesn't even do that...
I'm confused as to what people expect him to be. His only power is to freeze enemies in place. Useful, but in a combat story that's not really "I'm a badass who will conquer the world, give me women and glory!" kind of stuff.

The emphasis from the start has been on the Pandora. He's not going to grow into a tough lead who can one shot Novas. That isn't to say I wouldn't like him to grow, but I think it will be with things like these revelations with his Grandfather, or his relationship with his friends and family, and not through combat experience.

But I don't expect him to ever be a compelling character. I really don't know why the author bothers with male leads in his stories. They're always the same and the women are far more interesting.
Old 2014-01-23, 00:27   Link #2645
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm confused as to what people expect him to be. His only power is to freeze enemies in place. Useful, but in a combat story that's not really "I'm a badass who will conquer the world, give me women and glory!" kind of stuff.

The emphasis from the start has been on the Pandora. He's not going to grow into a tough lead who can one shot Novas. That isn't to say I wouldn't like him to grow, but I think it will be with things like these revelations with his Grandfather, or his relationship with his friends and family, and not through combat experience.

But I don't expect him to ever be a compelling character. I really don't know why the author bothers with male leads in his stories. They're always the same and the women are far more interesting.
It would be nice if he was able to do something other than being a whiny little crybaby and another role in the story besides being Satellizer's emotional crutch. Hell, he isn't even that great of a Limiter since what chapter 20ish or something if you factor in his so called special body and now heritage...

You're right in that he puts more effort into his female characters rather than his male ones. I'll admit I'm a perv and enjoy his artist's creations, but at some point that gets old and would be nice to see a bad ass male protag once in awhile. He doesn't have to be a Shiba Tatsuya, but at least do something that people will say that's bad ass...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 00:30   Link #2646
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The problem is that he doesn't even use that power often.

There are also far too many cases where a Pandora or Nova overpowers any Freezing ability in place. What's the point?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 00:40   Link #2647
shadow1296

honestly what i find annoying is unneeded romance drama, don't get me wrong i like the romance between Satellizer and Kazuya and the manga would be far different without it, but there comes a point where the main hero and heroine should admit they love each other and freezing has long past that point. and the drama with that now feels unneeded and is only hurting this story
Old 2014-01-23, 00:53   Link #2648
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
What he needs to do, is take Rana and Stella to a private room, away from every single conspiracy theory war in the world, and just to the friggin blessing/pact/boning already.
Indeed, but he needs to work out his issues first.

Quote:

I agree, despite being one of the main protagonists, his role is that of a supporting character for Satellizer and Rana. This is also one of the main reasons he gets a lot of negative feedback and the other main reason is his lack of manliness which he needs to get back.

Quote:
Not all of IDY's male leads are weak and unable to grow a pair, just read Unbalance x Unbalance, Aflame Inferno and Phantom King. The male leads in those series are decent and can be badass.
Old 2014-01-23, 01:56   Link #2649
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
It would be nice if he was able to do something other than being a whiny little crybaby and another role in the story besides being Satellizer's emotional crutch. Hell, he isn't even that great of a Limiter since what chapter 20ish or something if you factor in his so called special body and now heritage...

You're right in that he puts more effort into his female characters rather than his male ones. I'll admit I'm a perv and enjoy his artist's creations, but at some point that gets old and would be nice to see a bad ass male protag once in awhile. He doesn't have to be a Shiba Tatsuya, but at least do something that people will say that's bad ass...
I don't agree with him being a crybaby. I saw someone comparing him to Shinji earlier, and he's not even remotely close to that pile of miserable blubber.

I wouldn't mind a moment where he gets to shine, but that's not the fault of his character, but the way the story emphasizes combatant power levels. Most of the limiters in the story are pretty much useless, from what I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The problem is that he doesn't even use that power often.

There are also far too many cases where a Pandora or Nova overpowers any Freezing ability in place. What's the point?
I agree. I struggle to find a point for Freezing in the story. It's been used increasingly less since the story started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
honestly what i find annoying is unneeded romance drama, don't get me wrong i like the romance between Satellizer and Kazuya and the manga would be far different without it, but there comes a point where the main hero and heroine should admit they love each other and freezing has long past that point. and the drama with that now feels unneeded and is only hurting this story
I agree. Baptize and get it over with. Even Rana is starting to feel sad for Bridget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
I agree, despite being one of the main protagonists, his role is that of a supporting character for Satellizer and Rana. This is also one of the main reasons he gets a lot of negative feedback and the other main reason is his lack of manliness which he needs to get back.
He's absolutely a supporting character. I think the issue is that even if his power is crap, there's also no other real reason for him to exist in the story. I don't miss him when he's not around. Everything happens around him, but he has no effect on anything.

So for those reasons I agree he deserves negative feedback. But "not manly enough" is just silly. As much as I love my gar characters, being gar isn't Kazuya's problem. He's just poorly written.

Quote:
Not all of IDY's male leads are weak and unable to grow a pair, just read Unbalance x Unbalance, Aflame Inferno and Phantom King. The male leads in those series are decent and can be badass.
Right. But it does seem to be a pattern with Im Dal's works that the men lack something compared to the women. I dunno. As much as I enjoy reading his stuff, the writing is really uneven. Full of great ideas and characters but so little balance to the plot. The side mangas for Freezing are pretty decent though, much more focused in terms of writing and development.
Old 2014-01-23, 02:15   Link #2650
nosaer

Gengo noooo. you can't depend on your grandson for anything. He is completely useless. what a pitiful mc. just when you start to forget about how awful he is, he goes running off and crying for his sister
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 04:23   Link #2651
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

honestly, if I was Kazuya, I'll overjoy and laughed uncontrollably because of my awesome inheritance...

now let's see if Kazuha Aoi is also Ryuuichi's son... well, she should be, right???

Satella is on the verge of breakdown
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 12:00   Link #2652
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
honestly, if I was Kazuya, I'll overjoy and laughed uncontrollably because of my awesome inheritance...
Would you be happy if you thought your grandfather created you as a weapon and has been manipulating you towards that end all your life?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 12:37   Link #2653
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Would you be happy if you thought your grandfather created you as a weapon and has been manipulating you towards that end all your life?
This is a war that you either fight or die. Whatever Gengou does is for the sake of mankind to survive this war. Kazuya can run away and live as a low-life scum if he wants but sooner or later, the Nova will come to him. That is his destiny since the time he was born with a stigmata body.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 13:47   Link #2654
Tachibana
タチバナ

Kazuya doesn't understand Gengo's feelings and what hes trying to do for humanity. Once Kazuya understands he'll be able to begin fulfilling his role.
Old 2014-01-23, 15:21   Link #2655
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, Kazuya has seen Gengo as a schemer and ego-maniac for the majority of his experience with him. For Kazuya, both he and his sister (and now family) were just pawns in Gengo's grand game.

Gengo used what he could control - his own family lineage - in order to experiment and bring about compatible people with Maria's unique DNA. He wanted to make his family the heralds of the next evolutionary step for humans.
Old 2014-01-23, 16:51   Link #2656
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, Kazuya has seen Gengo as a schemer and ego-maniac for the majority of his experience with him. For Kazuya, both he and his sister (and now family) were just pawns in Gengo's grand game.

Gengo used what he could control - his own family lineage - in order to experiment and bring about compatible people with Maria's unique DNA. He wanted to make his family the heralds of the next evolutionary step for humans.
Sp basically, Gengo made his own Wesker.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 18:15   Link #2657
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Sp basically, Gengo made his own Wesker.
Wesker is a badass, he does it like a BOSS!

I'm not sure Kazuya will become as badass as Wesker, but he does need to show some balls like he did in the past.
Old 2014-01-23, 20:03   Link #2658
n120cky

IMO Kazuya was being hot blooded because he was upset, because Kazuya think Gengo was a hypocrite, he was taking about family and love but his action doesn't reflect it, this is happens because Kazuya immaturity, and I think he will overcome it.
Old 2014-01-23, 20:25   Link #2659
shadow1296

honestly i find Kazuya's reaction towards Gengo is quite understandable considering what had happened in their, but what i find not okay is him telling satellizer to stay away from him and him calling out to Kazuha at the end
Old 2014-01-23, 21:24   Link #2660
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

You know why he told her to stay away right? He doesn't want her involved in whatever Gengo has in mind for her. If he hates the fact that he sees himself as just one of the many pawns in Gengo's plan, of course he's going to tell the girls to stay away from him - he doesn't want them caught up in his 'family mess'.

On the other hand, he's seen himself as the victim for far too long. You'd think that just having Stella and Rana would be enough for any guy to 'man up', but apparently he's gotta now be 'confused' by his insanely hawt 'aunts'.
'Keeping it in the family', eh...

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen