AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-27, 10:30   Link #81
pparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nope, Zange > Tsugumi!
I was forever smitten at Tsugumi's Boobs Victory Dance

(But secretly, Nagi is still the best.)

Last edited by pparker; 2008-10-27 at 19:10.
Old 2008-10-27, 10:44   Link #82
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
First of all, I can't believe this series made it to the current popular series thread.
I mean I like the show, but there's other series that's worthy of being on here more than this show.

Anyways the comic in this series is great. I don't think I've actually laughed watching anime until now. The plot's somewhat dull though...., well at least's it's getting better especially with the introduction of Zange, though I can't see much else happening other than a jealous younger sister complex...
Apparently, the japanese otaku hordes disagree with you (see 2chan popularity reports) on what is "worthy". However, the mods at AS determine whether a series gets a subforum to itself based on traffic, # of posters, variety of content posted, etc. It has nothing intrinsically to do with being 'worthy' or 'popular'.

As for 'dullness', one of the interesting things to me about this series is its director and his ability to take what might be banal material and produce highly entertaining results both quirky and subtle.
Old 2008-10-27, 11:07   Link #83
herbert

Worthy? Then give a sub-forum to Tytania.

Kannagi deserves it more than anyone else except perhaps Toradora from this season.
Old 2008-10-27, 12:34   Link #84
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

errrrr, lots of individual moments of fun in this episode 4 and I find the underlying "outside religion threat" interesting .... but the episode didn't seem particularly satisfying. I guess the "everyone moves in" in the space of 5 minutes was a bit off-putting. And wow, Zange is pretty unpleasant a personality... and what about Hakua? Does she have parents? What will they say about this "moving in"? Eh?

Just seems to have been a stumble of sorts in terms of story...
Old 2008-10-27, 12:38   Link #85
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

"Worthy" isn't the reason shows get separate forums. It's how many people post over what range of topics, as Vexx says. If "worthy" were the standard, I'd give forums to this, Kurozuka, and Mouryou no Hako. And other people would have their own choices.

I like Nagi best, with Tsugumi runner up. Zange is too harsh and two-faced for me, but her complexity may shine through as we go on. As for who Jin will "end up with," surely that's Tsugumi, if anyone. The goddesses are in another league. And he clearly likes his childhood friend already, from what he said to Zange by the riverside in this ep.

As for the story, good points from Vexx. Although realism is not exactly where this show is at, so everyone moving in just sounds like (excruciating) fun, to me. I think part of the dip in this ep was the slightly simpler and less active animation: as I mentioned earlier, eight key animators instead of the over twenty in the previous ep. It took me three days to get around to rewatching...but when I did I was bowled over yet again.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-27 at 12:59.
Old 2008-10-27, 12:45   Link #86
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And wow, Zange is pretty unpleasant a personality... and what about Hakua? Does she have parents? What will they say about this "moving in"? Eh?
She has a father as far as I know, but you won't be able to see him soon.
I like the man.
Old 2008-10-27, 13:48   Link #87
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
End shot. Hinoue Itaru?! They sure are pulling out the stops, but LB!-ish Nagi isn't really to my taste...
I didn't know who that was until I searched her out: key animator and artistic director for the Key games Air, Kanon, Clannad, and Little Busters. "Pulling out all the stops," indeed. Yamakan knows some people.

It's a different Nagi, but a good one, I'd say. Here's a screencap. I guess the real thing will come out with the DVDs.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-10-27, 17:06   Link #88
d-one

I'm not really sure if it because Yamakan since Itaru Hinoue also make a special picture for the third vol. of the manga

if you want to know, till vol.5 Kannagi manga always have some special illustration from different artist. for the list:

vol.1: Takeshi Takeuchi (Type-Moon, also illustrated for ep.2 of the anime)
vol.2: Ryukishi 07 (07th ekspansion, the creator of Higurashi and Umineko no Naku Koroni)
vol.3: Itaru Hinoue (Key, also illustrated for ep.4)
Vol.4: Kouga Yun (Gundam OO, Loveless)
Vol.5: Ume Aoki (Hidamari Sketch)
Old 2008-10-27, 18:45   Link #89
pparker

Tsugumi's Victory Dance

So, I made it because I couldn't find it... the victory dance:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...gumi-dance.gif

The animation is so superb. Pretty surprising how many different images are included in this, just for tiny movements of hair and whatever.
Old 2008-10-27, 19:16   Link #90
Cinocard

The dance will succumb to Zange when she finds out Zange is also aiming at Gin, lol
Old 2008-10-27, 20:16   Link #91
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Zange chan is pure win ^^
Old 2008-10-27, 20:44   Link #92
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
Zange chan is pure win ^^
Soooooo, you like being tied up and having her foot pressed against your head.... or was it something else?
Old 2008-10-27, 21:30   Link #93
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Is it me, or is the opening song a bit addictive? Dance Nagi, dance!
Old 2008-10-27, 21:56   Link #94
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The opening tune has been stuck in my head all day today even though I've been running my MP3s non-stop on other tunes. The ED is even more entrancing....

guess I need to slurp the OP/ED off of a fansub as MP3s to stick in my player til the OSTs come out.
Old 2008-10-27, 21:57   Link #95
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Those trend-watchers buried deep in the bowels of Akihabara must surely have noticed that the theme of the season seems to be "moe nuns"...
Old 2008-10-27, 21:57   Link #96
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

This show gets better and better! I'm really starting to like Nagi as a character. She's very boyish and lazy, and not moe-like at all, which is a nice break. Zange-chan is pretty creepy so far, but their story seems interesting and has promise. I also like Tsugumi more... at the start I thought she was just the obligatory caring childhood friend.
Old 2008-10-27, 22:08   Link #97
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Those trend-watchers buried deep in the bowels of Akihabara must surely have noticed that the theme of the season seems to be "moe nuns"...
Moe-nun can do only so much for a dying plot point. In the show index, all they do is talk, and then follow up talk, and then they talk some more. Even the fighting is done in talking. I'll beat you up. No you can't beat me. Yes, I'll beat you. Friends forever. Moe-nun is moe until she opens her mouth. Less talky, more wacking. Preferrably with a blunt object. Am I talking too much? Better question: am I making any sense?

The end.

Old 2008-10-27, 22:10   Link #98
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The opening tune has been stuck in my head all day today even though I've been running my MP3s non-stop on other tunes. The ED is even more entrancing....

guess I need to slurp the OP/ED off of a fansub as MP3s to stick in my player til the OSTs come out.
Amen to that... I keep playing the ED while reading or chatting
Old 2008-10-27, 22:25   Link #99
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Moe-nun can do only so much for a dying plot point. In the show index, all they do is talk, and then follow up talk, and then they talk some more. Even the fighting is done in talking. I'll beat you up. No you can't beat me. Yes, I'll beat you. Friends forever. Moe-nun is moe until she opens her mouth. Less talky, more wacking. Preferrably with a blunt object. Am I talking too much? Better question: am I making any sense?

The end.

Big Index fan, are we?
Old 2008-10-27, 23:38   Link #100
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Is it me, or is the opening song a bit addictive? Dance Nagi, dance!
And me. And thousands of other people, I suspect. I know I keep saying this, but Yamakan's got "it" as far as music and fitting movements to music are concerned. He directed, wrote, and did the storyboards and direction for both the OP and ED. And chose the music, of course. The syncopation of little Nagi-figure jumping off the platform near the beginning of the OP is amazing. Like the dances in the Lucky Star OP.

As for Index, she herself is as moe as they come. GJ by Iguchi Yuka and the character designer and animators. But I've just dropped the show. No hooks for me.

Just what thoughts and feelings nuns conjure up in the Japanese mind is still not clear to me. I mean Christian nuns. Darkness and magic? But moe nun could become a universal meme.
Closed Thread