Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-19, 21:42   Link #821
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Not at all. I've been rooting for Suzu from the start. I mean, the Valentine incident here was the first significant romantic moment Shino and Tsuda had imho that Shino didn't ruin with her perversions.
If the two cultural festival moments between Shino and Tsuda don't count as "significant" romantic moments than none of the other girls have had a single one.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 22:39   Link #822
Genda

Spoiler for scene:
Genda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 22:41   Link #823
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd have to object to categorizing Shino's silliness as "perversions" ... more like terrible misconceptions about such things due to poor choices in reading material and Aria's obviously more risque observations from her whole family being rather "kinky". Shino is really a lot closer to Mutsumi in cluelessness than she is to Aria.

As Westlo says... if we're setting the bar that high, then everyone is at square zero. I have some leanings toward "rooting for Suzu" but I'm not going to 'ship for one or the other at the expense of the entertainment If we're going to pretend this is a 'choose the girl' anime (which it isn't), then Shino wins because she's the first girl Tsuda meets and the first girl seen in the OP -- anime rules dictate Shino "win". Now pardon me while I go wash hands after that jab at "harem romances".
Old 2010-09-19, 22:43   Link #824
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Shino's perversion thoughts mostly come from Aria, so its Aria that is providing her with perverted thoughts to no end Well that was until these recent episodes. Where Shino has actually come up with perverted thoughts on her own.
Old 2010-09-19, 23:03   Link #825
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd have to object to categorizing Shino's silliness as "perversions" ... more like terrible misconceptions about such things due to poor choices in reading material and Aria's obviously more risque observations from her whole family being rather "kinky". Shino is really a lot closer to Mutsumi in cluelessness than she is to Aria.

As Westlo says... if we're setting the bar that high, then everyone is at square zero. I have some leanings toward "rooting for Suzu" but I'm not going to 'ship for one or the other at the expense of the entertainment If we're going to pretend this is a 'choose the girl' anime (which it isn't), then Shino wins because she's the first girl Tsuda meets and the first girl seen in the OP -- anime rules dictate Shino "win". Now pardon me while I go wash hands after that jab at "harem romances".
Shino: Wash your hands?
Aria: Jabs into romance can often get sticky.
Shino: Ohhhh!
Old 2010-09-20, 01:57   Link #826
pampz21
ShipCore

does Shino really like Tsuda?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 02:04   Link #827
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Theres hints that Shino likes Tsuda in a way, so its possible
Old 2010-09-20, 02:24   Link #828
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Certainly seems to be the case. Shino, Suzu and Mutsumi all seem to be into him. Aria is fond of him, but that seems to just be in her bizarre 'ownership' sense of affection.

I'd rather like to see Suzu or Mutsumi 'win' just because it'd buck a trend, but why get lost in the shipping when the show is quite pleasurable without it?

Besides, the OTP is now George x Yokoshima-sensei.
Old 2010-09-20, 02:35   Link #829
kobun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Certainly seems to be the case. Shino, Suzu and Mutsumi all seem to be into him. Aria is fond of him, but that seems to just be in her bizarre 'ownership' sense of affection.

I'd rather like to see Suzu or Mutsumi 'win' just because it'd buck a trend, but why get lost in the shipping when the show is quite pleasurable without it?

you know i would add Kaede to the mix.. if this ep showed anything was Kaede warming up to tsuda.. she didnt run away and even made small talk with tsuda...
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 02:36   Link #830
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Aria is not taking claims Only going to use Tsuda if any boy wants to take his chances on hitting on her. So its basically Shino vs Suzu vs Mutsumi

Quote:
Well the show may be pleasurable without the shipping idea, it still would be somewhat better if they included it
Old 2010-09-20, 03:20   Link #831
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Personally i really don't think so, and just see it as one huge tease on the mangaka's part.
Old 2010-09-20, 03:41   Link #832
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Shino lying to Tsuda about the chocolates she made was full of DAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Kotomi's "interview" was full of WTF.

Shino's pinching of Kotomi's left nipple was full of HNNNNNGGGGGG.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 05:05   Link #833
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If the two cultural festival moments between Shino and Tsuda don't count as "significant" romantic moments than none of the other girls have had a single one.
What "two" moments do you mean? One moment was kinda cute when she refused to say why she chose him for the "borrowing" race, but I don't remember any others on that ep. Most of the time things come close to becoming "romantic" until Shino reveals just what she's thinking about.
EDIT: sorry, there's two I saw, one on the sports festival and one at the end of the cultural festival. Still most of the time her moments end with with Tsuda giving a fierce tsukkomi for her perverse thoughts. The few times he seemed to show a particular interest in her were times like that (for instance, his being moved about Shino giving him a personal Christmas present and then feeling the present vibrate). With Suzu and Mitsuba, they're able to have moments in which both sides seem to be interested without things turning weird. Anyway, he's been to Suzu's room, but I don't think he'd be able to enter the room of a girl who sleeps at night with the BONDAGE BEAR.

Also, didn't Kaede not run simply because it was crowded, she had nowhere to go, and she was wearing an outfit that is most definitely not made for running?

Anyway, best to keep in mind that this author seems to be just playing with the ships to get more funny moments. Unlike B Gata H Kei, this one doesn't seem to be moving toward any really romantic relationships.

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2010-09-20 at 05:22.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 05:40   Link #834
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
About the pairings in this show, I kinda agree with Ricky Controversy: it's pretty obvious that Shino and Mitsuba are really into Tsuda, and Suzu has been shown hints of admiration for Tsuda as well, but after that scene in the early episode the anime seems to focus more on ShinoxTsuda, so we haven't seen more of them lately.
Personally I feel the same d'awww sentiment like MeoTwister at seeing Shino's attitude change concerning Tsuda (her plan of hiding the chocolate in plain sight is quite brilliant, really, and it's not like she's lying, she does get a lot of chocolates, just not all of them). But mostly it's because the anime is pushing for it, I'm sure if they balance it better I'll be more conflicted.

And yes, I agree that in the romantic scenes, Tsuda seems to regard Suzu and Mitsuba better than Shino (especially how the moment is always destroyed). I think mostly it's because when it happens to 'normal' people like Suzu and Mitsuba he took it more seriously, while with Shino he regarded it as yet another weird/perverted Shino moment. Still, these romantic things are just secondary compared to the main premise of the sex jokes, so even though I enjoy these things I don't want it to get in the way of that.

And yes, George x Yokoshima-sensei OTP!

Quote:
Shino: Wash your hands?
Aria: Jabs into romance can often get sticky.
Shino: Ohhhh!
I laughed at that, great work, I applaud you. Really, the SYD cast is a good vehicle at pointing out Double entendres, Innuendo and 'that's what she said' moments, isn't it?
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 08:53   Link #835
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
What "two" moments do you mean? One moment was kinda cute when she refused to say why she chose him for the "borrowing" race, but I don't remember any others on that ep. Most of the time things come close to becoming "romantic" until Shino reveals just what she's thinking about.
EDIT: sorry, there's two I saw, one on the sports festival and one at the end of the cultural festival.
Those two moments alone at least equal if not exceed the flag raising scenes of Suzu or Mitsuba. Than you add everything else.. that's 3 moments without it being played for a joke.. and speaking of that.. Suzu's biggest moment was played for a joke, you can't have it both ways.

Quote:
Still most of the time her moments end with with Tsuda giving a fierce tsukkomi for her perverse thoughts. The few times he seemed to show a particular interest in her were times like that (for instance, his being moved about Shino giving him a personal Christmas present and then feeling the present vibrate).
It's a gag 4koma and Tsuda and Shino are obviously Tsukkomi and Boke respectively (which is probably why I prefer that pairing tbh). It's obviously going to play out like that the majority of the time, it's the core of the manga and the manga is not romance focused in the first place.

Quote:
Anyway, best to keep in mind that this author seems to be just playing with the ships to get more funny moments. Unlike B Gata H Kei, this one doesn't seem to be moving toward any really romantic relationships.
Clearly, but fans are fans.

Quote:
Working and Angel Beats are 2 alone from last season that have gone away from the apparent hook up in episode 1. Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou from two seasons ago might be another, don't know, stopped watching it because it was crap and who knows what directions the LN took anyway.

Quote:
Is George man enough for her!!??
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 10:43   Link #836
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye.. remember that comedy is paramount in this series... so if anyone actually becomes a couple it will be purely because the comedy led it that way. (I can't cookie Ricky's wordplay joke with my post, too soon since his last cookie but it was definitely in spirit with the series ).

As far as any romance progression in the series, whatever is there is extremely subtle and organic rather than forced or accelerated. There's a fascinating handful of segments in the latter existing manga volumes (won't spoil for who or what) but the animated series won't cover that in this season. Plus, the anime is jumping around a bit for adaptation continuity so you kind of have to view the anime on its own basis anyway.
Old 2010-09-20, 10:53   Link #837
Milfeulle9001

This is obviously a very repeated statement but this show needs a second season bad.

It's selling well in Japan so I have my hopes high.
Milfeulle9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 14:16   Link #838
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
At this point any paring would be ok with me since i like them all. Though a TsudaxSuzu paring would be interesting, a TsudaxShino paring would be full hysterical misunderstandings a TsudaxAria paring would be scary for Tsuda but fun for us Hell all 3 girls might just take ownership of him when they graduate and Tsuda's sister ends up running the show. God she is so going to be the next pedo-teacher in training.
Old 2010-09-20, 15:28   Link #839
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfeulle9001 View Post
This is obviously a very repeated statement but this show needs a second season bad.

It's selling well in Japan so I have my hopes high.
With the sells that are going out in Japan, there is defiantly a high-hope for a second season from this anime.

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-09-20 at 17:50.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 16:30   Link #840
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye.. remember that comedy is paramount in this series... so if anyone actually becomes a couple it will be purely because the comedy led it that way.
But, let's be honest, who doesn't like some bedroom humor now and then to put words into practice?
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen