AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-06, 05:44   Link #1421
ShiroiRyu

The nipples sucking was really random.
But the entrance of Momo was really great.
I'm the only one who fought : Sailor Moon ?
When she launch her rose before she present herself ? XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 05:55   Link #1422
Used Can

Why would you guys complain about the plot? Remember the first manga? Now that was some plot black hole. TLR has always been about the hot chicks (i.e. Yabuki's designs). We've at least got some mildly interesting story this time.

I mean, if you really want to read a manga with a good plot, there are plenty out there. But TLR... that's for the fanservice, my friends.
Old 2011-03-06, 05:56   Link #1423
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
The nipples sucking was really random.
But the entrance of Momo was really great.
I'm the only one who fought : Sailor Moon ?
When she launch her rose before she present herself ? XD
Yep, it's clearly a reference to Sailor Moon. Personally, I was expecting Momo to appear with a mask and tuxedo...

I agree with most of you, the nipple sucking is really random and feels out of place. I mean, I know that this is first and foremost an ecchi series, and I can stomach it if it only goes as far as ripped clothings and stuff (just here though, you hear that HSDK?), but there's absolutely no need for Mikan to restrain Yami that way, it's beyond obvious that the scene is just there for fanservice. Personally I don't like it, it's better if they restrain the ecchi and the scenes is serious like this, and go all out when they focus more on daily life harem hijinks.

And yeah, I know that as a normul human Rito is severely under the league of Yami and Momo, but I would like him to train a bit more. Maybe train with Yami to improve his physical fitness so that he can at least handle a normal human, and learn to properly use Lala's inventions. He got hit by their bad effects so often he should be able to use it against the bad guys. That way, he's still a normal human but at least is dependable and won't be a weak link.

But seriously, this chapter is my least favorite so far, I hope they can pick up the slack next week. The only part I like is pretty much where Momo appears, she can really be scary and awesome when she wants to be...
Old 2011-03-06, 06:09   Link #1424
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Here are the results of an online poll: http://toloverutiar.blog85.fc2.com/blog-entry-85.html
Spoiler:

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 06:15   Link #1425
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I think the problem most people have is with forced fan service that just feels out of place, like with the nipple sucking this chapter. Ecchi that flows naturally with the story-- ripped clothes and upskirts during a fight, walking in on someone nude in the shower, tripping falling withtheir froth on the guys face-- they're all fine. It's when the ecchi feels like it's just for the sake of ecchi, especially when it's in a scene it doesn't belong in, is when it starts feeling forced. I had no problems with Mikan crushing Riot's head between her thighs.

Another manga that suffers from this is Kanokon. It just constantly forces ecchi (milk pillows, nipple sucking, etc) for the sake of ecchi, to the point that it's more of a softcore hentai than anything else. In the end, all it ends up doing is hurting the story for sake of fan service.

For me, I just prefer it more natural, unless it's an adult comedy manga like Yomeiro Choice or Yuria 100 Shiki where the plot IS the ecchi stuff.

I also miss Haruna, Lala and Yui being at the forefront. They were my favorite characters (especially Haruna) and I don't like them being side characters now. :P
Old 2011-03-06, 06:44   Link #1426
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Can Haruna still be main character or will that bitch claims compensation from Yabuki again?

But because of that bitch, Yui was born somehow, so I kinda torn
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 06:49   Link #1427
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

21st place.
Old 2011-03-06, 06:50   Link #1428
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

lol at Haruna beating Lala in the poll.
Quote:
Can Haruna still be main character or will that bitch claims compensation from Yabuki again?
Well my favourite was Haruna until the middle of the series...if Yabuki can make Haruna more interesting again, why not ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 07:02   Link #1429
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
lol at Haruna beating Lala in the poll.
A part of me died inside when i seen that.
Old 2011-03-06, 07:02   Link #1430
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

I'm pretty sure she can't claim money anymore. And at the very least, haruna hasn't changed so that means any animosity between Yabuki and his wife isn't crossing over into the story.

And I agree with KLG, the nipple sucking just felt out of place, though most of the rest felt perfectly fine.

I don't mind Rito's fail though. Mikan pretty obviously got a physical upgrade with the mind control, so Rito being owned is excusable. And hey, at least he did what most people would do.

Against a normal person, Rito can hold his own, but Mikan wasn't exactly normal then.
Old 2011-03-06, 07:06   Link #1431
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

From what I heard, Yabuki bought the rights to the character, so his ex can't do anything anymore.
Old 2011-03-06, 08:56   Link #1432
Xacual

Momo in 9th? I'm really surprised, I expected her to be much higher now. When did the poll take place? Since they usually don't release results right away.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 09:51   Link #1433
Simonsy

i don't see teh huge bitching about the nipple sucking. it wasn't totally random. the bad lady had mikan do it to further humiliate yami. i mean first you have this ultimate assassin getting beat and by her best friend no less and then to be dejected even further with this. also in that position she is able to kill both of them. it just reminded me of a typical scene where say the hero is failing to save the girl and the bad guy further pisses him off by startintg to fondle the captured girl in front of the failing hero. it just demoralizes the person. actually i find that scene less random and making more sense than the constant random girl falling and rito somehow burying his face in their crotch or fondling them, ect.

i also wasn't much of a yami or momo fan in tlr. i also prefered haruno more. but you have to realize the more haruno used the sooner this series ends. as soon as rito and haruno both confess it basically starts the wrapping up of the series. and i have to like momo for ONE HUGE reason and that alone. There is actually plot involved with her. The fact that this plot is just to cerate a harem and that was ahppeneing before doesn't matter. At least there is something seemingly going on and connecting each chapter versus the last sereies where it was just one random day after another with no indication of anythign connecting.

I kind of wish it started to be more shonen. I mean he has at his harem disposel a girl who is super strong (lala), swiss army knife (yami), plant monster (momo), animal king (nana), fire lady (kyoko), gender bender (run), ect.

it feels like we got ourselves Negima cast goign on. We need some big bad to start some huge fight. IF only our main guy wasnt' a pokemon trainer and instead had some skill of his own.

Last edited by Simonsy; 2011-03-06 at 10:11.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 10:24   Link #1434
Xagzan

As far as I saw it, the nipple sucking was just a way for that assassin to further humiliate Yami, like she had been humiliated in the past. She did say just killing her wouldn't be enough, so having your friend molest you would be pretty humiliating.

But day-um Momo, she is too beast. Rito could have his hands full if she decides to act that fierce...let's just say behind closed doors Bet when they all grow up, she could become a general in the Deviluke army.

And as usual, Yui's dere pout won the chapter 1000+ points. That was the first time we met her parents too I believe.

When was that poll taken btw? I'm shocked that Momo is number 9, and even Rin is above her. I'm just glad Lala's in the top 5. She's a sweetheart, so it's a good thing, although I'd switch her and Haruna's positions personally. Hehe, and Yui just missed number 1.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 10:32   Link #1435
Ashaman

Well, first time we met her dad. We saw her mum in the valantines chapters
Old 2011-03-06, 10:41   Link #1436
Simonsy

i think we need Rito's parents or mom i mean come back for a chapter. last time she was here she was all excited to see rito and how he had both lala and haruno

be funny to see her reaction now that he has at least 8 huge potential girls right now, and if looking at that poster is any indication like 16 women. oh and also to bring up what i was saying before how he has strong women around him. he also has a doctor, a ghost, a swordsman.

kind of funny seeing how the KING will be the weak one and his harem will be feared throughout the galaxy, lol
Old 2011-03-06, 11:06   Link #1437
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Well in case of Rito's parents, I really want Rito and Mikan to be not blood-related so Mikan can join the harem with no strings attached (though she can do it accidentally by trying to foil Momo's advances). Well, the universe is a big place, surely there's a place where WINCEST is legal.
Old 2011-03-06, 11:20   Link #1438
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Well in case of Rito's parents, I really want Rito and Mikan to be not blood-related so Mikan can join the harem with no strings attached (though she can do it accidentally by trying to foil Momo's advances). Well, the universe is a big place, surely there's a place where WINCEST is legal.
But if it's blood, it makes the incest much more taboo and appealing.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 11:36   Link #1439
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
while i'm not trying to support incest i hope they are related in blood for one reason only

I HATE when a series has them end up being not related as some cheap ass cop-out. like somehow having feelings for a girl you believed to be your sister and grew up with for 15 years somehow becomes ok because she had a different daddy. NO its not. she is still your sister. the only thing that changes is that the chances of a deformety in the birth of any children is decreased substantially.

i never understood why mangaka's think it somehow makes it alright if they all of a sudden go "ooh so they are not blood related"
Old 2011-03-06, 11:47   Link #1440
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
i don't see teh huge bitching about the nipple sucking. it wasn't totally random. the bad lady had mikan do it to further humiliate yami.
Exactly. Rito tripping and somehow biting down on Yui's panties is random. This actually felt natural, given the context (Azenda was probably humiliated in a similar fashion).

I've said it before, but the series is only going to get more extreme as it continues. If this one scene already makes you feel uncomfortable, then abort right now and move on to something else.

Quote:
it feels like we got ourselves Negima cast goign on.
Nah, Negima still outweighs it in sheer numbers. I could name pretty much every significant girl in the TLR cast, but over half of the Negima roster is completely lost on me.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen