AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-21, 00:38   Link #21
MeganeShounen
Huh?

From what I've read in the insani demo...
Spoiler for the insani demo/the Crimson novel plotline:

Gah. I need to replay the game..
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 03:31   Link #22
NeoSam

If possible can you answer this question:

Spoiler:

I haven't played the game, but I'm planing to >.<
Old 2007-02-21, 03:40   Link #23
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It would be great if I could get the full version, though... *Needs to replay it again*
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 06:12   Link #24
NeoSam

Thanks for the info the blonde is pretty hot >.< I can't wait for the anime

Ahh I updated the second post of this thread with bigger covers for the new light novels (blue seires and short stories series of light novels).
Old 2007-02-21, 12:51   Link #25
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
At one point I did have the CG for this game. Where I got it I have no idea though. It'll probably turn up again once the show airs.

I'm also not sure the main character looks all that loli.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-21 at 13:12.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 22:50   Link #26
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

wow!! this series sounds awesome. nothing beats a bishoujo tsun tsun character =P
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 10:27   Link #27
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
wow!! this series sounds awesome. nothing beats a bishoujo tsun tsun character =P
I had that thought in mind too, and was even wondering if Kugimiya Rie might be taking up the role of Cortikarte. Guess I was wrong.
Old 2007-02-22, 16:38   Link #28
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
I had that thought in mind too, and was even wondering if Kugimiya Rie might be taking up the role of Cortikarte. Guess I was wrong.
As awesome as she is, lets not turn her into another Aya Hirano. I'd hate to get sick of Rie like I did Aya in the first 5 months I knew about her as Rie can actually play multiple roles besides tsundere loli (Young Male with Alphonse Elric and clueless loli like Rizel from Rizelmine and more) and play them well. Basically typecasting is bad (Even if it is a longshot of it happening to her, as she can actually act unlike most of her generations seiyuu peers).
Old 2007-02-22, 21:46   Link #29
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:

Spoiler:

It sorta goes like this:
Spoiler for character relations:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 02:52   Link #30
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
As awesome as she is, lets not turn her into another Aya Hirano. I'd hate to get sick of Rie like I did Aya in the first 5 months I knew about her as Rie can actually play multiple roles besides tsundere loli (Young Male with Alphonse Elric and clueless loli like Rizel from Rizelmine and more) and play them well. Basically typecasting is bad (Even if it is a longshot of it happening to her, as she can actually act unlike most of her generations seiyuu peers).
nobody beats miss Rie at tsuntsun characters. however i think she is busy playing the one in Hayate combate (WOOT !! ) . and it would still be awesome if she is in this one also. but unforunatly she isnt list of VAs here:

Haruka Tomatsu as Corticarte Apa Lagranges

Hiroshi Kamiya as Tatara Phoron

Ayako Kawasumi as Tsuge Eufinley

Katsuyuki Konishi as Psyche Renbart

Nana Mizuki as Yugiri Perserte

Rina Satou as Yugiri Prinesc

No clue who Haruka tomatsu is, but i hope she is awesome.

Quote:
It sorta goes like this:
MeganeShounen, your throwing all these names at us, and of whom we dont even know of. plz show some pics or more detals
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 03:25   Link #31
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

^ Well I have to say that's much more easy to follow than my list. This Hayate the Combat Butler. Is it just me or does the character she's playing kind of look like her picture on Anime News Network.

Nagi
Rie

Sweet....

The girls nuts too I'm sure of it after seeing her in an interview (Something about Romi Paku cooking her dinner).

Anyway, no she's not in it, its Haruka something who is a nobody getting the chance to prove herself. You know what, that's okay because new talent can never get a fair chance if only the vets get any roles.
Old 2007-03-02, 08:05   Link #32
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Air date announced: April 3rd, 28:15

Also, the manga started yesterday in the online manga magazine FlexComic Blood and can be found here.
Old 2007-03-02, 12:40   Link #33
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Would be great if someone could translate that. But I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Seems like they started somewhere later than the original starting point for the game as well.
Old 2007-03-06, 13:08   Link #34
NeoSam

The official anime site has been renewed:
http://www.polyphonica.tv/

Characters can be seen here:
http://www.polyphonica.tv/chara.html
Old 2007-03-06, 14:41   Link #35
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Characters can be seen here:
http://www.polyphonica.tv/chara.html
Oh dear god no, that character art is giving me serious Yoake vibes. Excitement dampened.

Thanks for the news anyway though :/
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 10:27   Link #36
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Oh dear god no, that character art is giving me serious Yoake vibes. Excitement dampened.

Thanks for the news anyway though :/
I think I'm inclined to agree. Maybe we're too pampered in recent times with KyoAni's Kanon 2006, but the quality certainly doesn't look any promising, since it's such a drastic difference from the game CG.
Old 2007-03-07, 15:01   Link #37
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
I think I'm inclined to agree. Maybe we're too pampered in recent times with KyoAni's Kanon 2006, but the quality certainly doesn't look any promising, since it's such a drastic difference from the game CG.
It looks pretty rough I'll agree. Perhaps they are earlier stage designs and they won't look as bad in the anime. I mean last time I saw this it was in the art for Negima, which I didn't see, but looked really really unpolished. The worst looking one is the guy at the bottom. In fact all the guys look pretty bad, but then again they aren't important right. Let's take a closer look below:

Spoiler:

Ok so what I've done above is make it easy for people to cross-compare the designs. Game is of course on the left, while the TV series is on the right. I noticed the uniforms are completely different. Whether this is an early sign that the TV Series won't be faithful to the game, I'm not sure, but why do it? That's something to think about.
Old 2007-03-07, 15:50   Link #38
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

The anime is based upon the novels, which takes place after the game.

The game deals with the characters while they were still at the school training to be Dantists, whereas the novels are about them already graduated from school and running their own detective agency-like company.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 16:07   Link #39
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
That explains the uniform change, but not the decline (IMO) of the character design quality. Thinking of the characters running a detective agency-like company doesn't exactly help my expectations (too much Scooby-Doo as a child), but since they will be based on the established light novels I suppose I still have high hopes.

The free Flexcomic Blood online manga seems to be following the game's storyline, perhaps as a way to introduce new viewers to the characters' pasts.
Old 2007-03-07, 16:21   Link #40
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

The character design definitely feels like a step backwards, the problem is probably due to them using a relatively unknown studio (Gingaya), Japanese fans already expressed worries when they announced the studio and I guess their worries were entirely justified now that we've seen the art design.

I've read the first novel, it's not that bad, the agency thing is a bit goofy but it's no Scooby-Doo either so it's not really a problem. However IMO the meat of the show would the music, especially in how they handle the battles where the Dantists have to play music to boost their Spirit's power and there would literally be multiple musical scores trying to "fight" each other. If they can do those well it might still be interesting to see, and maybe there is a kickass soundtrack to look forward to.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, ginga-ya, ocelot, romance, seinen, shounen, supernatural