AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 16 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 20.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 20.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-02, 06:05   Link #61
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Anyway, Kazumi is pissing me off, she's constantly forcing herself into a world she doesn't belong, her selfishness of not wanting Shana to have Yuji is constantly irking me the wrong way.
Well, you can't blame someone for working hard... although I agree, probably to us Shana fans anyway, that she's a bit of an annoyance. I just hope she doesn't get overly obsessive, however, as it looks like she's going that way. Who knows whatever she will do next if she will become like that.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-02-02, 09:16   Link #62
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep16:
Old 2008-02-02, 15:14   Link #63
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Even if the season can't get to the final conclusion of the silver arc, I doubt it would drag to a season 3. Rather, they could make a movie that directly follows up the conclusion of season 2 if it comes to that.
Old 2008-02-02, 16:14   Link #64
alvinkhorfire

I am so disappointed at Pheles' request to Yoshida. Pheles said to Yoshida that Yoshida's disappearance will not make any difference if she use that hougu. How selfish Pheles can be? I admire that Pheles is a powerful tomogara and is willing to stop consume human due to a promise with Johan, but her remark is way too much. Come on, just like serenade_beta said, just carry a handphone for communication purpose.

About the last scene with Hecate and the bird, I guess that the side effect of absorbing other person's existence and memory is that you may behave a bit like that person. Perhaps Yuji , Shana and rest of their friends should invite Hecate to amusement park. After all, Fumina once said that she wanted to go to amusment park again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
Even if the season can't get to the final conclusion of the silver arc, I doubt it would drag to a season 3. Rather, they could make a movie that directly follows up the conclusion of season 2 if it comes to that.
Just as Sterling01 siad, there is a lot of events happen in volume 16. At present, the material is not enough for season 3. But, I think (and I deeply hope) that there will be several new volumes of novel to be released in future. By then, it is game on for season 3!
Old 2008-02-02, 16:18   Link #65
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Just so people know the new OP does show some things that happen in Vol 16.
Old 2008-02-02, 16:35   Link #66
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Is there any actual concrete confirmation that Season 2 is only going to be 24 episodes?
Old 2008-02-02, 16:36   Link #67
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Is there any actual concrete confirmation that Season 2 is only going to be 24 episodes?
eh? I thought it was going to be 26 episodes...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-02-02, 16:39   Link #68
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
eh? I thought it was going to be 26 episodes...
24 or 26..? Where are these numbers coming from?!

Hmm... I thought they could try compressing the remaining upcoming novel content they have yet to use while they extend the season.
Old 2008-02-02, 18:49   Link #69
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
I am so disappointed at Pheles' request to Yoshida. Pheles said to Yoshida that Yoshida's disappearance will not make any difference if she use that hougu. How selfish Pheles can be? I admire that Pheles is a powerful tomogara and is willing to stop consume human due to a promise with Johan, but her remark is way too much. Come on, just like serenade_beta said, just carry a handphone for communication purpose.
Well, it's her way of saying you've seen too much but, unless you value your existence, then you are walking into the harshness of the Guze alone.

Quote:
About the last scene with Hecate and the bird, I guess that the side effect of absorbing other person's existence and memory is that you may behave a bit like that person. Perhaps Yuji , Shana and rest of their friends should invite Hecate to amusement park. After all, Fumina once said that she wanted to go to amusment park again.
Hecate is literally the purity of essence but I guess it seems that Konoe's memories with Yuji and the experiences of humanity have some unforseen consequences. Ya think she might get bored in just reliving those memories of Konoe Fumina in a timeless cycle that Hecate would hunger for new memories?

So who would be the purity of form in the Shakugan no Shana universe?
Old 2008-02-02, 22:57   Link #70
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
24 or 26..? Where are these numbers coming from?!
I'm not aware of anything concrete, but as far as I know, only 8 DVDs have been listed on shopping sites at the moment. This is in line with season one which had 24 episodes and was released on 8 DVDs.
Old 2008-02-03, 00:10   Link #71
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
So who would be the purity of form in the Shakugan no Shana universe?
Spoken like a true Starcraft nerd, one who's read the manual with the included lore sections about the Xel'Naga one too many times.
Old 2008-02-03, 05:55   Link #72
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Ah, sounds logical. I under the impression, however, that Pheles probably doesn't give a shit about anything else as long as there's something related to Johan. I'm going to agree with what Tiamat said about her being obsessed with him, and however great their love might be to make her particularly selfish in our eyes, she IS obsessed.

She could be using Kazumi, or she could actually simply be giving a consolation prize to her. ("Thank you for your participation. To make yourself feel important, here's something that would help you actually achieve something for the one you loved, even if it kills you off.") I actually pity Kazumi here, because we all know what the outcome for her would be like. Either way, she probably would not be able to get together with Yuuji or at the very least, do something for him in the world he is in currently. What are the odds that she feels helpless, frustrated, left out and depressed?
Old 2008-02-03, 07:45   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I just finished watching the new op. The last scene was so funny.

I mean, everyone was just on the roof, watching the scenery or something... Except for Yuuji, who just had to strike that pose with his big sword.
Old 2008-02-03, 08:31   Link #74
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Gah pheles is so selfish. I don't like yoshida either but that request hits HARD!
Basically she can use it because noone cares if she dies - lawl what!? minus points for pheles (she is crazy -__-).
Now why didn't she give it to yuuji instead since I don't care if that little bugger dies Not that he will because he has unlimited power of existance

Think pheles...think...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-03, 09:14   Link #75
Alea Misa

Quote:
Shana has red to represent the passion and love she feels for Yuji. But it also could represent sin and sacrifice, a foreboding element on what she might have to do.

Yuji has blue to represent faith and spiritual innocence he holds despite his current predicament. While blue might also represents a desire for peace, the irony could be the methods used to achieve it.

Kazumi has yellow to represent hope but it could also represent deceit or cowardice. Might have to do something about that crucifix Hougu.
Its interesting the color thing...
Imo, I think the color red for Shana relates to Alastor, for judgement, but he also had the capacity to love in the past. Though I think there is more to red for Shana...Red can be associated with courage, fire, action, or anger/temper, which are both apart of Shana's character. Red can also mean vitality, war, and survival, and that is usually what Shana has to deal with consistently.
As for Yuji, Blue is the color of water or sky, which most often is associated with communication, loyalty, truth, affection, friendship, emotions, mental strength, compassion, perception, protective, and calm, which is apart of Yuji's character. Yuji has a way of balancing out Shana's traits, and vice versa.
While Kazumi is Yellow, it is associated with awareness, expression, youth, brightness, warmth, playful, and mental activity, which fits her character pretty well, if you think about it.
As for the crucifix that Pheles gave her, I agree with Owaranai.
Spoiler for continue...:
Old 2008-02-03, 09:33   Link #76
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Now why didn't she give it to yuuji instead since I don't care if that little bugger dies Not that he will because he has unlimited power of existance

Think pheles...think...
Well, the only reason I can think of is that when it is used, the hougu drains the power of existence of the summoner who is Yoshida until she can die. So, the best person to use it is defintely Yuji.

About the selfish remark from Pheles, she should realize that the world does not just revolve around Johan and her only. She really need to take consideration of others as well.

The way Yoshida ponders on whether she should use the hougu is not just she don't want to die. Besides that, if she chooses to use the hougu, she will disappear just like Fumina. The case of Fumina having no existence is giving her a lot of think of.

And, the bracelet that creates the faux vessel is actually a part of Bel Peol's deadly chains.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2008-02-03 at 12:01.
Old 2008-02-03, 09:53   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah that's Pheles for you. Kill yourself for the sake of me and Johan. Does she think anyone other than her cares that much about her love life? Talk about being self-absorbed. But guess in her eyes the life of someone like Kazumi is nothing in comparison to the value of her and Johan.

At least Yuji is working on getting something accomplished. Maybe doing something other than screaming even if we can understand he's got some things to deal with. Guess we've got to ignore that I'm pretty sure Blutsauger was left behind at the end of last season.

Do like the previous OP better, but at least we got to see some interesting things in this new one.
Old 2008-02-03, 09:58   Link #78
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Misa View Post
Spoiler for continue...:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-03, 10:48   Link #79
Kristen
*Author

YES! I've been predicting and hoping for a new OP for a few weeks now, since all the characters in OP1 have already appeared. Unfortunately, this OP only seems to show the Hecate knight thingy, the silver, and some strange men. However, for 8 episodes left, that's good. Especially since the season will probably end with another Bal Masque battle.

For the episode itself, it feels a lot like episode 14. It had a lot of actual motion, and for whatever reason, I really enjoyed it. However, they tend to overdramatacize a lot of trivial events. For instance, the departure of Yuji's dad. "You'll be fine won't you?" Followed by overly dramatic shock from Yuji... It's just a lot of what S2 has been about, since they're using too little plot material for too many episodes, so they need ways to burn seconds.

I'm going to give this episode a 7. Much higher than most of S2, but still not one I'd willingly rewatch.

Oh, and by the way, I absolutely LOVE the new ED. I'd rate it higher than S1 ED1.
Old 2008-02-03, 13:21   Link #80
The Best In The West
ひぐらしのなく頃に fan.

Not a great episode but still a good one.

Realy liked the new OP/ED song and animation.
Closed Thread