AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-15, 21:10   Link #2301
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I think it fits a scene from Detective Haruhi.
You just lit a lightbulb in my head. What would a female Archer look like?

Anyways, @Jintor I agree. Besides, I kind of feel that "fun" is more maculine than "passion" to begin with.
Old 2008-03-15, 21:15   Link #2302
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
You just lit a lightbulb in my head. What would a female Archer look like?
...Illya the Ko-Archer?

...but thinking back to that noir pic, are you are saying... Kyonko?!
Old 2008-03-15, 21:16   Link #2303
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrutal View Post
You're supposing way too much.

Slapping or not, to reach that situation first, wouldn't Haruki need to kiss Kyonko back first?

In the original novel, Kyon had no idea what Haruhi did, but surely she wasn't kissing back.

Spoiler:

In this version, will Haruki kiss back AND trespass to the point Kyonko would consider slapping him?

If yes, I'd say the scene could take the reverse of the original above, Haruki wouldn't know what expression Kyonko took, if her eyes were closed, or if she rose her hand to slap him. The scene ends before anything else happens.
Well this is Haruki is a Hormone driven teenag Male. It doesn't seem that unreasonable that Haruki would be faster on the draw regarding this manner than Haruhi.

As I've already stated earlier, I'm against slapping. Panicked mpppphhhing? Sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan~ View Post
Here's my take on the kissing thing:
Kyonko and Haruki : blah blah blah

Kyonko reaches up to Haruki's shoulders and pulls him down for a kiss.
Kyonko is all I can't believe I'm doing this.
Haruki goes for total liplock
Kyonko: Eeehhhh?!?!
He keeps going.
Kyonko OMGWTFBBQRAPE!!!
Kyonko ...
Kyonko Actually, this feels kinda nice.
Kyonko Eh, why not?

While still kissing, she takes her free hand and starts undoing her shirt. Then, just before anything gets exposed (I'm thinking in terms of the anime here, not sure how to translate it into writing) the closed space disintegrates. I picture millions of viewers staring at their TV screens in utter disbelief, cursing KyoAni or whoever picks this up.
I think this would be better

Kyonko: (Internal:This is my last shot)
Kyonko:I was totally moe for you when you were ______
Haruki:Huh? What nonsense are you spouting?
Kyonko yanks Haruki down by his shoulder and tie, stands on her tip toes, and kisses him.
Kyonko:... (eyes closed)
Haruki:!!!...
Haruki places his hand behind Kyonko's head, and wraps his arm firmly around her back pressing her tightly to his chest, and starts Frenching.
Kyonko: (Eyes sharply open)!!! Mmmmmph! (Internal:Ack! Is that his tongue?)...mmmmm...(Internal:...kinda nice) (Closes eyes).
Kyonko: (Internal:I'm falling. Is Haruki trying to pin me to the ground?)
Thud
Kyokno's eyes widen, and she finds her self on the floor of her room, clutching her pillow to her face. It's covered in Saliva at the level of her mouth.
Kyonko: ...what was that? This would make even Freud laugh!

What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
I think the more depart from the way kyon-kun kiss haruhi, the more it doesn't sound so good.
:/

Male kyon never did anything like a slap to haruhi.

so i think female kyon shouldn't either.

Kyon isn't a physical tsundere, he never resorts to something like a slap, to haruhi to get his point across.

It's just not in Kyon character.

No matter if kyons a female or male, i think it's best that we stay true to his character.
I really think it might be appropriate in the sighs of Haruhi suzumiya body of work. Kyon apparently was really considering slugging Harui because of her abuse of Mikuru, but was probably restrained by indoctrinated chivalry that men get (Don't hit girls!). So the Idea that Kyon as a man is visibly making a fist, tensing up, considering hitting girl carries far more weight than for a girl to merely consider doing the same to a guy.

For that one scene to make sense, I think that Kyonko would have to slap Haruki. I just don't see Haruki as getting mellow as he did even if he knew that Kyonko was trying to keep herself in check.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 21:27   Link #2304
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Well this is Haruki is a Hormone driven teenag Male. It doesn't seem that unreasonable that Haruki would be faster on the draw regarding this manner than Haruhi.

As I've already stated earlier, I'm against slapping. Panicked mpppphhhing? Sure.

I think this would be better

Kyonko: (Internal:This is my last shot)
Kyonko:I was totally moe for you when you were ______
Haruki:Huh? What nonsense are you spouting?
Kyonko yanks Haruki down by his shoulder and tie, stands on her tip toes, and kisses him.
Kyonko:... (eyes closed)
Haruki:!!!...
Haruki places his hand behind Kyonko's head, and wraps his arm firmly around her back pressing her tightly to his chest, and starts Frenching.
Kyonko: (Eyes sharply open)!!! Mmmmmph! (Internal:Ack! Is that his tongue?)...mmmmm...(Internal:...kinda nice) (Closes eyes).
Kyonko: (Internal:I'm falling. Is Haruki trying to pin me to the ground?)
Thud
Kyokno's eyes widen, and she finds her self on the floor of her room, clutching her pillow to her face. It's covered in Saliva at the level of her mouth.
Kyonko: ...what was that? This would make even Freud laugh!
Minus the moe thing, that sounds about right. I don't think Kyon-chan's gonna be saying stuff about moe.

I say it'll be Haruki complimenting Kyon-chan on her ponytail the next morning, followed then by the tsuntsun/derdere act.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 21:34   Link #2305
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
I really think it might be appropriate in the sighs of Haruhi suzumiya body of work. Kyon apparently was really considering slugging Harui because of her abuse of Mikuru, but was probably restrained by indoctrinated chivalry that men get (Don't hit girls!). So the Idea that Kyon as a man is visibly making a fist, tensing up, considering hitting girl carries far more weight than for a girl to merely consider doing the same to a guy.

For that one scene to make sense, I think that Kyonko would have to slap Haruki. I just don't see Haruki as getting mellow as he did even if he knew that Kyonko was trying to keep herself in check.
The scene in question tells that Kyon was going to slug Haruhi, but Itsuki and Mikuru held him back.
Spoiler for scene in question:

The big question is how to translate that into a gender-reversed version...
Would Kyonko try to hit Haruki in the family jewels?
A fist to the face?
How much of a b*stard can we make him?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 22:20   Link #2306
Jintor

Chapter two, Part one, EDITJOB GET!

Spoiler for tl;dr:

/EDIT I still feel that it needs to be Haruki who compromises something for Kyon. A single compliment doesn't, imho, have the same weight.

Also, you'll note that Kyon doesn't hit Haruhi, and that Haruhi doesn't even notice that Kyon wanted to (merely that Kyon had a problem with her). I think that might be important.

//EDIT Updated to reflect Discreet's Edits.

Last edited by Jintor; 2008-03-23 at 08:14.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 22:28   Link #2307
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
@Crow, the difference from Haruki and Haruki is that in the level of brute stubborn brutality, Haruki's GAR has attributed to a huge increase of difference. We can make Haruki beyond what it means to be a bastard, he will be so full of GAR, that he will take any hits and the cry about them later, but still pretend to stand firm for at least 10 seconds. I say full blown GAR-BEAMU. Blasting away all obstacles!

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 22:33   Link #2308
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Minus the moe thing, that sounds about right. I don't think Kyon-chan's gonna be saying stuff about moe.

I say it'll be Haruki complimenting Kyon-chan on her ponytail the next morning, followed then by the tsuntsun/derdere act.
Fixed

Spoiler for edited:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
The scene in question tells that Kyon was going to slug Haruhi, but Itsuki and Mikuru held him back.
Spoiler for scene in question:

The big question is how to translate that into a gender-reversed version...
Would Kyonko try to hit Haruki in the family jewels?
A fist to the face?
How much of a b*stard can we make him?
Crap. I didn't realize that Kyon actually tried to slug Haruhi. He's a pretty ballsy dude. (Itsuki is a pretty fast dude, it's probably one of his jobs assigned to him by the agency to prevent these kinds of things)

Anyway, this just proves that Kyonko has to connect when she punches him so we can maintain the same level of his melancholy later on. I personally wouldn't go for family jewels, but a good old slug to the side of the head works fine. That way Haruki could maintain at least some dignity.

I'd imagine they'd get into a verbal confrontation after Haruki got punched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
@Crow, the difference from Haruki and Haruki is that in the level of brute stubborn brutality, Haruki's GAR has attributed to a huge increase of difference. We can make Haruki beyond what it means to be a bastard, he will be so full of GAR, that he will take any hits and the cry about them later, but still pretend to stand firm for at least 10 seconds. I say full blown GAR-BEAMU. Blasting away all obstacles!
Yeah, that seems about right. Haruhi didn't get depressed over the incident until later. Haruki could get stabbed in the face, and he wouldn't scream until nobody was around.
Old 2008-03-15, 23:20   Link #2309
CatzCradle

Quote:
Fixed

Spoiler for edited:

Crap. I didn't realize that Kyon actually tried to slug Haruhi. He's a pretty ballsy dude. (Itsuki is a pretty fast dude, it's probably one of his jobs assigned to him by the agency to prevent these kinds of things)

Anyway, this just proves that Kyonko has to connect when she punches him so we can maintain the same level of his melancholy later on. I personally wouldn't go for family jewels, but a good old slug to the side of the head works fine. That way Haruki could maintain at least some dignity.

I'd imagine they'd get into a verbal confrontation after Haruki got punched.
Yeah, that seems about right. Haruhi didn't get depressed over the incident until later. Haruki could get stabbed in the face, and he wouldn't scream until nobody was around.
How about a punch to the gut? There's also kicking shins and slapping him in the face. I could probably come up with more... not that I've ever done that before, of course. >.> <.<

Oh yea, pinching, scratching and punching the arm...

edit: if anyone's interested I do have a scene from a doujin where Kyon actually does 'hit' Haruhi (<==this is sorta related, I think.)

CatzCradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 23:36   Link #2310
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Personally, I think a simple slap would be fine. I think what matters to Haruki isn't that she hits him, but that she wanted to hit him.

I'll have some edits tomorrow, too tired today...
________
herbalaire

Last edited by unmoldedtruck; 2011-01-24 at 20:08.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 23:46   Link #2311
CatzCradle

Here are some art for you Kyonko-moes:

And the not really moe stuff, but stilll nice:

Anyone mind translating the comic please?

CatzCradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 00:02   Link #2312
shaoron
AQS representative

lol.. kyonko getting changed
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 00:14   Link #2313
deiinokunoichiXD

Smile

I've been working on this all day getting picures, combining them, editing them, having to draw in some parts, changing skin so on.

its not very good. . . but its a start! by tommorrow it will be finished!

. . . . . . .

hopefully.
deiinokunoichiXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 01:34   Link #2314
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Allow me to present you a submission for novel 4, chapter 5 illustration.

Spoiler for Nice Boat.:

@beanbrew: A Ryou version will look very different. I am still in process of deciding how it'll look.. beside, how would I know if novel 4's "alternate normal" Asakura's a male or not if the fanfic writers haven't gone crackin' on it yet? :P

Have I earned myself a cookie~?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-03-16 at 02:06.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 02:04   Link #2315
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Kang Seung Jae, we need you!

...I think we need Ryou, not Ryouko.
________
hash

Last edited by unmoldedtruck; 2011-01-24 at 20:08.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 03:20   Link #2316
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Are you using Paint or Photoshop? I know Paint takes the dpi and tries to retain it, so it takes one color per cluster and colors that dot like that, so it loses quality.
Since I don't have photoshop and my computer apparnetly doesn't like Gimp, I usually use Paint for the main editing (it's okay though; the only dowside is really that it's slow when you have to do everything pixel-by-pixel). However, I never change the contrast, save or resize the pic there, since like you said, it loses quality. I use different softwares for all of those things, and not all of them are exactly meant for image editing. It takes ages, but copying it around like that is the only way to make it look good

It usually turns out okay, but apparently not on this computer. I hadn't even thought about changing the contrast yet, and then that happened. I was using the same softwares as before, too

Oh, and It's cool to see some genderbending animations. Since I know how time-consuming it can be (I've made a short animation as an assignment, and even with a bad quality it took ages), I never really thought people would start animating this. It's great, though. I hope there'll be more.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 04:17   Link #2317
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Hah. If you want heavily inked high-contrast film-noir-ish kind of pics, I might try a hand at that.

First, though, editjobs.

Save the World by
Overloading it with Passion
Suzumiya Haruki's Brigade

...?

I don't even really see why you need to change it from fun. Haruki's looking for fun, too.
And "fun" is so subjective as well -- there can be lots of kinds of "fun"
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 06:47   Link #2318
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Personally, I think a simple slap would be fine. I think what matters to Haruki isn't that she hits him, but that she wanted to hit him.

I'll have some edits tomorrow, too tired today...
Actually I think it is. For a guy to think a girl tried to hit him isn't the same thing as a guy trying to hit a girl. It's not very logical, but I don't think any of this will sink in if Kyonko tries to hit him, but gets stopped by Itsiko.
Old 2008-03-16, 07:51   Link #2319
Jintor

I dunno. Super-emphasise how RAGED Kyonko is, and see how that rolls.

I think a lot of the shock of that scene is less that it's a guy trying to hit a girl, and more that it's KYON trying to hit HARUHI.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 08:38   Link #2320
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
I dunno. Super-emphasise how RAGED Kyonko is, and see how that rolls.

I think a lot of the shock of that scene is less that it's a guy trying to hit a girl, and more that it's KYON trying to hit HARUHI.
I kinda doubt it. Even Haruhi would at least somewhat under stand the social conduct surrounding men not being supposed to hit girls, and that in retrospection that she must have seriously pissed off Kyon for him to try it.

That element won't exist with Kyoko trying to hit Haruki, so I can't see him getting as worked up about it. I mean, the last thing a guy usually has to put on his list of absolute most dangerious things that can happen to you is if a Girl decided to beat him up. I imagine even Haruhi wouldn't completely shrug of the factor that Kyon wanted to slug her at that moment.

Besides, Kyonko gets super raged at Haruki all the time. He's not going to be very observant over a 75% difference in her particular rage this time. There needs to be some kind of physical action so our ever headstrong and oblivious chief can notice that "hmmmm, she really Is upset, and I doubt Kyonko fuming and making fists is gonna do that.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan