AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-06-08, 19:11   Link #381
abubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Hmmh! I don't think dinosaurs were the last victims of the extinction before mankind.

Just ask yourselves this question, why is Hikari meant by Jennifer as the 7th extinction?

Why the 7th one?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...731#post228731
I read your theory... it's a good one. I don't know if Gainax thought of it though. As for the dinosaurs, I'm no expert, but there were a few minor exinction events between the late Jurassic and today; like the extinction of pre-historic large mammals. However, I don't think it's on the scale of the mass extinction which wiped out a dominate species of the planet. The mammals are still around, polluting the planet happily.
abubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:14   Link #382
abubo

Just re-read my post and I have "Hikaru" instead of "Hikari". There were so many times I was thinking about Hikki when I write that name, it must came out subliminaly. I was just listening to her latest single the other day...
Old 2004-06-08, 21:35   Link #383
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubo
Well, that's not what I got from Jennifer's speech... it should like she's saying that ED's the cause of extinction (the monsters which only appears during exinction phase) and Takeru is an ED. Maybe I'll watch that part again but I'm pretty sure their focus was on Takeru and his role as ED. (Extended.. Definition or something?) I think the fossil they found was an ED killing an dinosaurs; the victim of the last exinction. It doesn't appear Jennifer believed that anything will save humanity from extinction.

Demosa... I really didn't believe they're out to hurt her after the beach incident. My reasons: 1, Her emotions "triggers" the appearance of the dragon-monster, 2. The monster is the same crystal-being as Aionis, and 3. Aionis said very clearly that she was in no danger. As the sworn guardian of Hikari-sama, I'm pretty sure Aionis would be there kicking butt if he has any hint that Hiraki wasn't actually in control of the situation.

I used to think like you that Takeru is, like other monsters, defender of the Earth against Hikari, but after Jennifer's speech about EDs and Takeru's role, I'm really starting to think that Hikaru is in control of every thing here and the ED's are at her disposal. Looks at the way Hikaru's playing with Takeru, I must say he's her toy too.

Hmm, that would make Ryu more powerful then Takeru, and not even Human. I'm not sure I buy that. I don't see Ryu as that critical. If Akari's indeed here asking Hikari not to rip everyone's guts out, then I must say that the defenders are Ryu/Akari pair.

Even if the Takeru Devilman wanted to go against Hikari, I think it's emotionally and physically impossible for him to do so. I think that from the hint given in the OP that he will try to go against her, but he's ultimately under her spell and will be doom to failure.

Regulardless, only a few episodes left and Gainax better deliver.
How does it explain the first ep when she said

Spoiler:

Doesn't that mean that Hikari is unfriendly towards the ED?

Edited: Arrggghh! Forgot to close the spoiler tag!

Last edited by nephilim; 2004-06-09 at 00:41.
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 00:35   Link #384
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
hey Nephilim you forgot the / in that spoiler

Ok. she's I'm guessing the universal eraser or at least for Earth's quadrant. If something seems to not look right, rub rub (no pun on the puni puni), and start over. The EDs only seem to react to the presence of Evil Hikari even though I may need to re-watch ep1 to be 100% sure. All the other times they've attacked has been when my sweetie pie makes herself known. akari was attacked by the sea serpent due to the fact that she's 1/2 of the whole. Nephilim right about the coolest part in the series so far in his spoiler (when it gets fixed ). I haven't seen ep10 yet but I think that I get to see my lovely alot more. I also think that Jennifer is waiting for the next extinction. she was hoping that she would have a chance to grow-up and make an attempt to stop it. Oh yea...side note: the seiyou for Jennifer-san is funny....I just wished that I knew what she was saying. I also didn't know that Ryu/Ryou was done by a female...no wonder he can pull off being calm, collected, and sincere.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 10:34   Link #385
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
sigh... I'll rather watch other anime while waiting for Konomini to end realese and watch it then cracking our own mind figuring out wat the hell is going on....aiyah don't let urself into such "Mahuan" (Hokkien) thinking...rest and relax urself and enjoy the anime and stop thinking and start debating around...lolz...Peace!!!

~_~" I really hope that peace in konomini....just pray that it won't be another world destruction series...or i'll be sad...sigh...*sob*

Any1 watch 3x3 eyes unkara?? Isn't this show a bit similar to that one?? I mean Hikari and Pye are almost the same inside out...
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 12:26   Link #386
abubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
Doesn't that mean that Hikari is unfriendly towards the ED?
Well, are people usually nice to things they have control over? Was Saddam friendly to the Iraqis?

This could go either way; it could also mean that evil Hikari is more evil than we thought. Hikari knows she has control over Takeru, but she wants more than just him following her orders... she want total dedication and devotion, which she's gotten by putting herself in false danger over and over again.

Actually, if u think about Ep1, you can easily see that Hikari was never in any real trouble; Takeru Devilman didn't save her... she killed the ED herself.
Old 2004-06-09, 13:56   Link #387
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

You didn't know Ryou was voice acted by a girl? It made me think it was a girl in the first episode until all the girls were ooglying him.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 17:24   Link #388
DarcLion XVI
Shadow Stream

Send a message via ICQ to DarcLion XVI Send a message via AIM to DarcLion XVI Send a message via MSN to DarcLion XVI Send a message via Yahoo to DarcLion XVI
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidAKP
You didn't know Ryou was voice acted by a girl? It made me think it was a girl in the first episode until all the girls were ooglying him.
Ryou's seiyuu was also the one who did Misato Suguru in Mahoromatic. Her name is Takimoto Fujiko (I always go surname first before given name when it comes to Japanese names).
DarcLion XVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 23:36   Link #389
Lazarus

Quote:
Well, that's not what I got from Jennifer's speech... it should like she's saying that ED's the cause of extinction (the monsters which only appears during exinction phase) and Takeru is an ED. Maybe I'll watch that part again but I'm pretty sure their focus was on Takeru and his role as ED. (Extended.. Definition or something?) I think the fossil they found was an ED killing an dinosaurs; the victim of the last exinction. It doesn't appear Jennifer believed that anything will save humanity from extinction.
As per Jennifer's explanation:

Hikari = Extinction Catalyst - the initiator and controller of the extinction event;

Takeru = Extended Definition - along with his fellow EDs, the other monsters, earth's defenders.

Quote:
Demosa... I really didn't believe they're out to hurt her after the beach incident. My reasons: 1, Her emotions "triggers" the appearance of the dragon-monster, 2. The monster is the same crystal-being as Aionis, and 3. Aionis said very clearly that she was in no danger. As the sworn guardian of Hikari-sama, I'm pretty sure Aionis would be there kicking butt if he has any hint that Hiraki wasn't actually in control of the situation.
Where did you get the idea that the other EDs, the monsters, are "crystal beings" like Aionious and Kwan? They are not. Only Aionious and Kwan are crystaline life-forms.

Of course Hikari is in control of the situation. She can blow any one of the monsters into vapor; that is, her "evil" side can.

Incindentally, the "good" Hikari is a result of the Extinction Catalyst's interaction with Takeru while in human form.

Quote:
Hmm, that would make Ryu more powerful then Takeru, and not even Human. I'm not sure I buy that. I don't see Ryu as that critical. If Akari's indeed here asking Hikari not to rip everyone's guts out, then I must say that the defenders are Ryu/Akari pair.
As per Akari's discussion with Hikari in Ep-09:

Both Hikari and Akari used to be, and were for the previous 6 extinctions, 1 entity. It was the "Extinction Catalyst's" encounter, in it's light form, with Takeru and Ryou, with their hearts, which caused it to split.

Lazarus
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 01:24   Link #390
abubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
As per Jennifer's explanation:

Hikari = Extinction Catalyst - the initiator and controller of the extinction event;

Takeru = Extended Definition - along with his fellow EDs, the other monsters, earth's defenders.

[...]

As per Akari's discussion with Hikari in Ep-09:

Both Hikari and Akari used to be, and were for the previous 6 extinctions, 1 entity. It was the "Extinction Catalyst's" encounter, in it's light form, with Takeru and Ryou, with their hearts, which caused it to split.
Ha... that's why. I have'nt watch EP 9 yet; thus I have no idea the info you've just pointed out.

As for my confusion, I just rewatched Jennifer's report on the last part of EP.08... they didn't talk about the Catalyst, just that ED were signs of the extinction and they were highly offensive creatures. I guess I just got confused. It does make sense now that they mentioned that Takeru's defending his enemy insteading of fighting it... it was Hikari they're talking about.

I guess I'm reading way too much into KonoMini.... maybe my expectation were too high. It did turn out to be pretty staight forward... the plot where almost exactly what I've predicted at first.

Quote:
Where did you get the idea that the other EDs, the monsters, are "crystal beings" like Aionious and Kwan? They are not. Only Aionious and Kwan are crystaline life-forms.
This I can explain... I came to this conclusion cus that's what came out of the monster after it was defeated and lying underwater, right after Ryu's comment that it's still alive, I think. It looked very similar to a crystal.
Old 2004-06-10, 20:56   Link #391
CorneredAngel

Send a message via AIM to CorneredAngel
E10 thoughts, etc.

First of all, reposted from my LJ, two e10 quotes I found hilarious:

Jennifer, in the episode opening narration: "It'll go the way it should, and only that way."

[Which is to say that if Gainax decides to kill the world (...again...), they'll bait you with fanservice for ten episodes...and then joyfully kill the world]

Takeru: "Are you saying that Hikari is a goddess of death bent on destroying the world?"
Jennifer: . .. ...yup ^^ (which is at least what she *meant*, even if she didn't quite say it.

Also, twice in two series now, they've used the term shinigami to refer to a major character. Though granted, when Suguru accused Mahoro of being 't3h hottest shinigami ever', he was drunk off his ass and with a hole in his chest...

---

Anyways, so e10. *Loved* the version of the OP that played during the e11 episode preview. Makes me think of one of the versions of the theme in Saikano. Which makes sense ^^ Can't wait for the OST. As far as the actual episode goes, though, Gainax gets *massive* amounts of respect for coming through with characters that aren't perfect, that are very much far from perfect. We sort of know Takeru is a bastard, but I think in the standard tradition of anime, we expected him to somehow grow or become better. Or that it wouldn't matter. But it does: when he is about to kiss Hikari, it's not because he actually *loves* her, it's because he's been told this is what "people" do at times like these. He expects one word or one action to suddenly make things right, or that Hikari is somehow here to *judge* whether Earth should be allowed to live. Except one word or one action won't change anything, and Hikari's actions are already pre-determined. Liked the symbolic use of the motorbike, thougn not quite sure *what* is will be symbolic of at the end, after all the episodes play out. And as far as predictions go, what I think will happen in the last two episodes will be that Takeru himself will sort of put together his disillusionment with 'people' in general (as per the first thing he says in the series) and with *specific* people, that is, his mother, and will actually welcome the destruction/cleansing...

So, yeah, only two more episodes, but *so good*!
CorneredAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 18:05   Link #392
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

ep 11:
Spoiler:

Last edited by I)ark-I)eath; 2004-06-17 at 18:24.
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 19:30   Link #393
nephilim
Loves Kaori

I already knew it's going to go Intro->FanService->Story after watching the sixed episode kinda obvious, and even if I don't have much experience watching anime, I can roughly guess.
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 06:23   Link #394
Luciora

Lightbulb Gist of things...

As far as I m concerned this was one of the most straightforward Gainax animations i watched (the other was His and Her circumstances)
here is the gist of whats going on after eps 12

Spoiler:
Luciora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 06:27   Link #395
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
This I can explain... I came to this conclusion cus that's what came out of the monster after it was defeated and lying underwater, right after Ryu's comment that it's still alive, I think. It looked very similar to a crystal.
I'm also quite confused about this. I don't think they explained it even to the end of the series... I think that's a wisp-like thing or something... so anyone has any idea what that thing is?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 02:58   Link #396
Paiser

i guess you can call him devil i gues.... o_O
Paiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 10:32   Link #397
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Are u talking about the white Jelly like thing? cuz that was "Adam" in Evangelion and soon after turned into "Perfect Rei" in the end. Hey, but i guess the "jelly guy" in very famous.
PsionicXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 18:17   Link #398
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsionicXero
Are u talking about the white Jelly like thing? cuz that was "Adam" in Evangelion and soon after turned into "Perfect Rei" in the end. Hey, but i guess the "jelly guy" in very famous.
Thx for the major spoiler. Some of us haven't finished watching Eva yet, and though it's not very interesting for me right now, I would've preferred it unspoiled.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 18:56   Link #399
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsionicXero
i suggest to use spoilers next time. You got slapped in the eye once, dont get slapped in the eye again

ep 12:
Spoiler:
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 00:13   Link #400
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

OMG, the "jelly guy" is from Evangelion, for all they know, i can be taking crazy talk
PsionicXero is offline   Reply With Quote