AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 06:51   Link #141
Sides

Launch price at around 20000 JPY? Source: bloomberg/Nikkei newspaper

That is approximate £160. Not sure if vat/tax is included in the guesstimate, but if not that would make it just about £200, if vat/tax has to be added. Not bad if true. That would put pressure on MS and Sony, on how to design their next console.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 07:03   Link #142
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post

That is approximate £160. Not sure if vat/tax is included in the guesstimate, but if not that would make it just about £200, if vat/tax has to be added. Not bad if true. That would put pressure on MS and Sony, on how to design their next console.
It really depends on how far the HD can be pushed graphically.

3D tv isn't that wide spread yet, so HD is going to be the base level for some time. Assuming Sony and Microsoft are focusing on raw processing power, I am not sure PS3 or Xbox3 would be able to prevent ports from being made for Wii U.

That's the main thing, really; Nintendo was locked out of many third party games up to now, but I think they would be able to handle ports for the next 5-6 years. I mean, how much more detail can you squeeze into a HD tv anyway? And there isn't yet a replacement for Blu Ray either, so there would not be an advantage in having a large game that can't fit in a Wii U.

Until the next tech leap, Nintendo can breath easy that their machine would be competitive.
Old 2011-06-08, 07:32   Link #143
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Until the next tech leap, Nintendo can breath easy that their machine would be competitive.
Being the lead platform is important otherwise you end up with Bayonetta type situations. Wii U won't be the lead platform for any major 3rd party multiplatform games in the forseeable future, companies aren't going to ignore the massive 360/PS3 install base for the time being. So they'll more than likely just have more graphical ompf to them, like the XBox compared to Ps2 but a tad better. Now when the 720/PS4 get unveiled this becomes of extreme important.. the Wii U might get left behind again when it comes to multiplatform lead console if the jump is significant enough.

Also if you can play games on the Wii U Tablet I really doubt 3rd parties are going to be taking advantage of the Wii U Tablet display (when used when playing on tv) and waggle controls since you have to kept the experience the same while using the tablet only otherwise it defeats the purpose of the Tablet being used away from the TV.

Interesting how Sony and Nintendo are doing similar things with the PS3/4 + Vita and the Wii U + Wii U Tablet. They're both heading to the same direction but in slightly different paths.. of course the advantage of the Vita is you can take it anywhere... anyway this clearly shows that Sony and Nintendo think handhelds are the future.. and as far as Japan is concerned that has been the case the last few years...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:06   Link #144
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Being the lead platform is important otherwise you end up with Bayonetta type situations. Wii U won't be the lead platform for any major 3rd party multiplatform games in the forseeable future, companies aren't going to ignore the massive 360/PS3 install base for the time being. So they'll more than likely just have more graphical ompf to them, like the XBox compared to Ps2 but a tad better. Now when the 720/PS4 get unveiled this becomes of extreme important.. the Wii U might get left behind again when it comes to multiplatform lead console if the jump is significant enough.
The main problem with the Wii is that it wasn't HD. The same problem would not exist for Wii U. Even if PS3/Xbox3 have better graphics, Nintendo can still get ports that are good enough to keep the customers happy. The ports don't have to be perfect; they just have to be sufficient.

It was impossible for Wii to get HD games. It was insufficient. But that will not be the case next time.
Old 2011-06-08, 08:15   Link #145
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

it say more than that. easy prediction is $299. by the time it released. Ps3 and 360 will become 249

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 08:46   Link #146
james0246

I have to say, I never liked the Wii's controller, so seeing the new WiiU's controller has almost instantly put my mind at ease. I was already going to buy the new system (even if it retained the same controller), but now I am really excited for the new system. I can't wait to see and experience just what this baby can do.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 09:28   Link #147
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The main problem with the Wii is that it wasn't HD. The same problem would not exist for Wii U. Even if PS3/Xbox3 have better graphics, Nintendo can still get ports that are good enough to keep the customers happy. The ports don't have to be perfect; they just have to be sufficient
Good point, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Reflex, did pretty well, despite being released one, or was it even two, years later and downgraded. It is one of the few 3rd party million sellers on the wii. It is really up to the devs if they want to succeed or not on the wii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
it say more than that. easy prediction is $299. by the time it released. Ps3 and 360 will become 249
Sorry, £200 is almost $299, it is actually ~$328. But we do get charged more over here anyways, so if it is around £200, i would get it day one.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 12:21   Link #148
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Announced titles for the Wii U include weird stuff like Darksider and Tekken and stuff...

Which doesn't matter, honestly to me. Those type of "360/PS3" games never interested me much.
When Pokemon and Super Smash Bros comes out on it, that's the time to buy it.
Also, it seems Monolith is up to something, so looking forward to that too.

Come on, Genius Senority...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 12:28   Link #149
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Sorry, £200 is almost $299, it is actually ~$328. But we do get charged more over here anyways, so if it is around £200, i would get it day one.
Oh I highly doubt we'll see it for £200 here, I would be amazed if we did and yea I would think it would be flying off the shelves.
But I suspect it will be pushing the £250 mark.
Old 2011-06-08, 12:34   Link #150
Alchemist007
*Author

Controller seems too clunky. But I look forward to seeing more on this system.
Old 2011-06-08, 13:52   Link #151
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Announced titles for the Wii U include weird stuff like Darksider and Tekken and stuff...
This part bored me during the conference and was off-board : 'wait... am I really watching Nintendo conference ?'
I expected more Nintendo titles samples like the new Pikmin. I can imagine the controller on the floor (like the golf demo) and the player picking the Pikmin himself with his hands
Old 2011-06-08, 13:57   Link #152
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

The Wiimote wasn't just a gimmick, damn it. Third party developers didn't bother to use it properly.

All the Wii U tech demos were fake, by the way. So much for getting a glimpse of what it is capable.

I'm not excited at all. Show me games that interest me and then we'll talk.
Old 2011-06-08, 14:16   Link #153
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yep , need more new interesting games , honestly i'm sick of Mario & cie. I have the GC , DS , WII so.... well those are the games that can make Nintendo runs.
Go make a new Pokemon Stadium or Starfox to begin...
Anyway waiting for more news about it & the full spec.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 14:18   Link #154
Tenchi Hou Take

Just found out a cool thing about this console. There's a HDMI port on the controller itself which you can hook up to another TV so you can essentially have two TV's running the same game from different perspectives.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 14:22   Link #155
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

What the Wii U needs is Pokemon Snap. Picture holding up that new controller as a camera, snapping shots and flicking up food/pester balls (or new items).

IT'S PERFECT, MAKE IT.
Old 2011-06-08, 14:51   Link #156
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

One way they can do two player "split screen" is have one person play on the controllers screen and one person play on the TV screen.

I don't know if this system can support two Wii U controllers. It would take a lot of horse power and RAM to be able to stream data to two Wii U controllers.

There is a rumor the system will have 1 GB of video RAM alone so that info can stream to a single controller without a hiccup.
Old 2011-06-08, 14:57   Link #157
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
[...] you can essentially have two TV's running the same game from different perspectives.
Nice, videogames are now designed for chameleons.
Old 2011-06-08, 15:23   Link #158
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Also if you can play games on the Wii U Tablet I really doubt 3rd parties are going to be taking advantage of the Wii U Tablet display (when used when playing on tv) and waggle controls since you have to kept the experience the same while using the tablet only otherwise it defeats the purpose of the Tablet being used away from the TV.

Interesting how Sony and Nintendo are doing similar things with the PS3/4 + Vita and the Wii U + Wii U Tablet. They're both heading to the same direction but in slightly different paths.. of course the advantage of the Vita is you can take it anywhere... anyway this clearly shows that Sony and Nintendo think handhelds are the future.. and as far as Japan is concerned that has been the case the last few years...
Actually Wii U has already been pretty much confirmed as the lead platform for Darksiders 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Nice, videogames are now designed for chameleons.
Racing games from front a rear view, as well as shooters etc. You lack foresight.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 16:23   Link #159
GDB

Quote:

Wouldn't that make it cheaper than the 3DS? I'd honestly be shocked if this thing ended up being anything lower than $400, minimum. The controller alone should be much more than a PS3/360 controller, so that alone should raise the price a decent amount. Add in that it should be configured to not instantly fail in the next generation, rather than barely being an upgrade to this generation, and it makes sense that it'd have the same price ratio to the 3DS that the Wii did to the DS (which would put it at like $417).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 16:45   Link #160
ramengud

I'm a bit disappointed that the Wii U can only handle one table controller.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-ninten...--203141.phtml
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo