AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-28, 19:19   Link #41
Heiwatsuki

anohana was definitly amazing, ill try showamonogatari. ( yeah, bartender rocks. )
Note: I LOVE YOUR AVATAR KERSPUNKLE
Old 2011-07-28, 23:00   Link #42
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
One of the shows that is at the opposite spectrum of the 'mainstream' list would be Kaiba. Many people dismiss it because of the animation style, but if you can get past that, you will find a very emotionally provoking anime. At least within the first 4 episodes, your heart will cry at some point.
Old 2011-07-29, 00:22   Link #43
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
This is an interesting thread... main because the person who started it is very opinionated... So here are my basic emotional anime that i feel like i'm always recommending.... Most of the shows i listed can be found in sub or dub if you know where to look.....

Speed Grapher
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4579

Crest of the Stars
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...nime.php?id=14

Basilisk (they have a non-animated movie now.... but it sucks....)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4318

Ai Yori Aoshi
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=833

Library Wars (umm.. might not really fit... i just havent seen it recommended in a while...)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8951

Rumbling Hearts
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=2570

Saikano
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=914

Blue Gender
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=253

Just so you know its etc and not ect: Adv. 1. etc. - continuing in the same way
and so forth, and so on, etcetera

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/etc.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2011-07-29, 13:53   Link #44
Heiwatsuki

anyone know some good action anime? Like Toaru majutsu no index or TTGL? I crave for epicness lol. ( i will cry once i finish Toaru majutsu no index and toaru kakagu no railgun... MISAKA!!!!! i just love this anime so much )
seriously though, I need some amazing anime lol. Ive checked out the previous recommendations, but i wasent really interested..

Reason i liked toaru majutsu no index was because it kind of grew on me( also it had everything i asked for, including the sentimentality, like the sentimental ending songs ). The setting and plot were definitly interesting. And i liked toaru kakagu no railgun because it was about MISAKA <3. im really not sure how to describe what i like. Something that grows on you i guess... or something amazing.
something original... like school days

Last edited by Heiwatsuki; 2011-07-29 at 14:11.
Old 2011-07-29, 20:13   Link #45
Animelover#1
Kouta...

For your OP, I recommend
Spice and Wolf
&
She the Ultimate weapon.
These two anime really made me cry and feel other sorts of emotion. As did elfen lied however it's been said more than once, plus you listed it as mainstream and something you don't want.

As for your previous post, I enjoyed Claymore and Seto no hanayome is just amazing. Such an underated series. I hope you enjoy these.
Old 2011-07-29, 20:56   Link #46
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Kobato T_T

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Old 2011-07-30, 16:47   Link #47
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwatsuki View Post
anyone know some good action anime?
Hm, from what you said in this thread you might like Basilisk (if you haven't seen it already). Two ninja-clans are made to fight a last-man-standing fight for some noble's gain. The show has epic fights and very well drawn characters. But all the time they're fighting you get a feeling for how pointless and wasteful the fighting is. For example, there is one character whose "ninja power" is shape-shifting into other characters. So he does that a lot and gets into the "enemy camp", but he gets to know the vulnarable, caring side of the enemy, and as the show goes on he's ever more disgusted with fighting. Also, one thing the show does very well: Early on you see people dying. Then later there's a flashback where they're just doing everyday things and having fun, including those who already died. So you're watching these scenes, and you're sort of happy because they get along so well, but you're also sort of sad, because of half of them are dead already, and the rest will soon be.

Well worth a watch.
Old 2011-07-30, 17:32   Link #48
mrShady

Noein

Not really emotional, depends on the way you look at it.
Old 2011-07-31, 01:03   Link #49
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I see that other titles that I know are already recommended. So...have you watch Ghost Hunt? It's about (well, you guessed it) ghost hunters. It's pretty sentimental but not on the epic-action genre. As for epic action...have you watch Gunparade March? It's quite sentimental and has mecha-action.
Old 2011-08-05, 16:34   Link #50
Heiwatsuki

hmm ive already seen your recommendations... . Guess I have no choice but to watch for newer anime and seasons
Old 2011-08-05, 21:11   Link #51
king12354

Full Moon Wo Sagashite. Kind of old and shoujo but one of the few shoujos I've ever watched and liked.

Xxxholic. Kind of philosophical but funny also. The stories in each arc are very well done and does arouse some emotions.
Old 2011-08-05, 21:27   Link #52
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwatsuki View Post
hmm ive already seen your recommendations... . Guess I have no choice but to watch for newer anime and seasons
Then you should be watching Usagi Drop.
Old 2011-08-06, 13:29   Link #53
Heiwatsuki

lol, im basically watching all the good current airing anime. well atleast most if i havent missed any.

Hanasaku no Iroha
Kami-sama no MemoChou
Trying --> C the money of soul and possibility
Taoru majutsu no index ( finished )
Usagi drop,
some movies
the french anime thingy
and one more i think
Old 2011-08-10, 22:10   Link #54
devildog23
Summerlurking

Kanon 06 - Very heartwarming, I'm not exactly sure if it is mainstream, as mainstream is based on popularity correct? From what I know it is a decently popular anime. From the makers of Clannad, but IMO it is better than Clannad. It has a Key-esque male lead and harem, but not the shitty harem where the guy ends up with everybody, he actually chooses. And I don't need to add this, but it's Key, so expect emotions to fly around.

While I'm at it, I'll suggest Air, another one from Key. Why don't you just check out all the anime from Key lol.

Kimi ga Nozomu ga Eien - It arouses alot of different emotions lol...For me it was anger, hatred, happiness, content and eventually confusion as to why I was so angry. Try it out.

The movie 5 Centimeters per Second, takes an unbelievably firm grip on your emotion and chokes it out. I may have cried, or not.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
- for me, there are only two ways for an anime to sway my emotions, one way is for the story to be sad and the other is from attachment to a character. This anime has both. Try it.

I want to suggest Higashi no Eden, it doesn't really fit but it isn't mainstream and the series was great. I feel you would like it.

OH YEAH I FORGOT ONE MORE SUGGESTION TRY NARUTO ITS AWESOME HAS EVERYTHING YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND MORE HAHAHAHAHAHAH

....sorry forget the last one
Old 2011-08-11, 13:59   Link #55
Heiwatsuki

thanks for the recommendations, ill try out Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, but for the others, ive already seen them XD. loved them
Old 2011-09-14, 17:24   Link #56
Dai-Gurren Skullkid

Who the hell do you think you are!?

You have no right to say subbed is better then dubbed. You're opinion toward sub being superior to dubbed makes no sense. You do know that a Japanese man dubbed in English for Soul Eater Evans, Therefore you have no right stating your pointless and meaningless opinions. In fact I was just looking for Gurren Lagann Emotion sounds for msn and stumbled upon YOUR idiotic post. The moment I saw your post of how subbed is better then dubbed I just HAD to make an account. But back to the point. Soul Eater and High-school of the dead are great anime. High-school of the dead which I recommend to anyone that sees this is a great zombie killing anime with suggestive themes, It can't get any better than that.
Old 2011-09-14, 17:57   Link #57
kitten320

Who exactly are you talking to? 0_o

And a bit of dissagreement but I also say that dub sucks because:
1) Usually voices don't suit the characters, though there are some off cases in japanese too
2) Characters sound unemotional and makes me not care about them

I won't lie, there were some good dubbings but they are very rare.

P.S. Anyone is allowed to say what they think, all depends on how you say it and where do you take it further.
Old 2011-09-14, 21:08   Link #58
Random32
Also a Lolicon

There exist really good dubs, but I find that more often than not the Japanese voice actors do a better job conveying emotion than English dubs imho. For more obscure, not much selling potential, series there is much less effort put into the English dubs compared to the Japanese one.

Its personally preference, don't need to get mad at someone for not liking the same as you.

I wouldn't recommend HotD for what the OP is looking for. Its a nice show, but isn't a particularly heartwarming/emotionally moving series imho.
Old 2011-09-14, 22:15   Link #59
Moonsault123

rainbow nisha rokubo no shichinin made my cry allot it had a realy good plot and leaves u weary emotional in allot of the story! loved it!
Old 2011-09-15, 03:29   Link #60
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Hmmmm Steins;Gate perhaps?