AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 17:23   Link #1
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Smile Precure

First look.

The chara design looked pretty bleh after the stellar HeartCatch and Suite (Much especially the first one)

Suite was kinda disappointing me after the glorious HC and this new series not have appealing design either to me, but I'm already feel obliged to follow this series every year.. so let just goes in for the ride.

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-11-19 at 03:29.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 02:10   Link #2
xizro345
King's Justice

I noticed this on Yaraon but I'm still unsure if it's legit or not. I personally don't mind the character design (if true). if it follows a path similar to Yes! Precure 5 for me it would be much better than Suite.
Heartcatch was an exception in most things and I doubt it's going to be redone in any way soon.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 02:19   Link #3
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
my only wish is that a Precure series with dark themes, Digimon Tamers-style, oh wait we already had Madoka
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 03:33   Link #4
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I noticed this on Yaraon but I'm still unsure if it's legit or not. I personally don't mind the character design (if true). if it follows a path similar to Yes! Precure 5 for me it would be much better than Suite.
Heartcatch was an exception in most things and I doubt it's going to be redone in any way soon.
Ah you're right.. I should wait for the confirmation, but usually new series revealed around this time.. So its might be legit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
my only wish is that a Precure series with dark themes, Digimon Tamers-style, oh wait we already had Madoka
Not gonna happen, but HeartCatch was better than Madoka, so I wish for the next HC instead.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:54   Link #5
Midonin
Last Engage

The "new" label on this thread will become outdated pretty quickly.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 09:59   Link #6
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The Precure franchise is starting to become too reminiscent of the Kamen Rider and tokusatsu franchises.
Shit can get stale after some time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 10:02   Link #7
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The Precure franchise is starting to become too reminiscent of the Kamen Rider and tokusatsu franchises.
I see nothing to complain about here. Those franchises and their fandoms form the backbone of my existence on the internet, and the legacies they have can lead to incredible payoffs. (199 Heroes, for instance.) And once you know the basic framework of a story, you can focus on the details of it - something often overlooked about genre fiction.
Old 2011-11-19, 13:24   Link #8
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
You know while I still havn't seen the whole thing Heartcatch can get pretty intense,afterall gen urobuchi watched it and gave it a thumbs up
Old 2011-11-19, 15:29   Link #9
Jao
panchi~

The front three look very much like Nozomi, Rin and Urarararararararara. The latter two less so like Karen and Komachi, but I can't help feeling I've seen blue hair before. Also the mascot looks a little close to the Splash Star ones.

If this is real, and that's a big if considering those designs are basically Yes 2.0, the only cure design I'm really excited for is blue. I imagine I'll be far more impressed with the civvy designs like I was with Suite.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 17:55   Link #10
FireChick

Hasn't Toei done enough of this? Are they EVER going to give up!?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 17:59   Link #11
Midonin
Last Engage

It's a franchise. Going on for as long as possible with new installments is what it does.
Old 2011-11-19, 18:17   Link #12
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Hasn't Toei done enough of this? Are they EVER going to give up!?
Why?
They always racking money with this series, no reason to stop. Don't be bitter my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You know while I still havn't seen the whole thing Heartcatch can get pretty intense,afterall gen urobuchi watched it and gave it a thumbs up
Well someone actually dies on that one, they might revive it again if given another occasion though, considering the success of the series.
Old 2011-11-19, 20:02   Link #13
FireChick

Quote:
Why?
They always racking money with this series, no reason to stop. Don't be bitter my friend.
I'm not trying to be bitter or anything. I just feel that Toei should try something new and take some risks once in a while. You never know. The same series won't work for everyone forever.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 20:15   Link #14
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
The same series won't work for everyone forever.
Sentai's been running for 35 years. Kamen Rider's been running for 40. Gundam's been running for 30. All of them have the same basic setup, but tons of variety within that setup.

Precure's barely hit its ninth. And if there's anyone I trust to make a long-running franchise, Toei's got plenty of experience with that. Not every series is a winner, but all of them create a greater legacy that's fun to watch evolve. Animation and CGI are getting better every year, and the series benefit from that.

That's the nature of a franchise.
Old 2011-11-19, 20:22   Link #15
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
I'm not trying to be bitter or anything. I just feel that Toei should try something new and take some risks once in a while. You never know. The same series won't work for everyone forever.
Well we can just saying they milking the franchise, and we all know that.. As long they wanna continue the process its not a problem. Its depend on you want to follow it or not, n their audience target is mostly them that only watch 2-3 series on their childhood n stop watching anyway, so they better recycling like this every year.

As for the rest, Midonin explain it better.
Old 2011-11-19, 20:25   Link #16
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
I'm not trying to be bitter or anything. I just feel that Toei should try something new
Like they did when they replaced Ojamajo Doremi with Futari wa Pretty Cure, you mean?
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 20:36   Link #17
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I would be surprised had TOEI abruptly end this franchise, which is never going to happen given the long-running for both Kamen Rider and the Tokusatsu Sentai shows for more than three to four decades.

Pretty Cure is definitely to stay, and as far as genre go for anime, the magic-girl subgenre from the shoujo genre is one amongst the top three or top five most marketing abled genres earning lots of profits for the studios.

You wouldn't imagine how much profit TOEI makes in sales from merchandise and advertising loads of paraphernalia of toys, games, goods, and items related not only about Pretty Cure, but as well as their other flagship, mainstream anime-franchises like, for example, One Piece?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 01:11   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't think I can watch another Precure series after Heartcatch....

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-11-20 at 06:35. Reason: holy shit how did I type about instead of another...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 02:19   Link #19
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Considering the terrible shape (animaton-wise, that is) they were in in the late 90s after a series of not-so-successful tries (including their attempt of Sailormoon follow-up with Cutie Honey F which backfired, among other things) I doubt they're going to experiment in general.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 05:03   Link #20
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't think I can watch about Precure series after Heartcatch....
Yeap, they kinda setting new and impossible standard
I'm still enjoying the franchise though, even though starting from HC n eating the rest of previous series from there. Sometime some talented freelancer animator involved in certain eps make it worth. They have good budget afterall, although episode from "B-staff" always painful to watch.

Quote:
Considering the terrible shape (animaton-wise, that is) they were in in the late 90s after a series of not-so-successful tries (including their attempt of Sailormoon follow-up with Cutie Honey F which backfired, among other things) I doubt they're going to experiment in general.
Bingo.

And I think they already doing some experience in last two or three last installment at the very least in chara design, and judging from that leaked design they want take a back step for awhile.

Tags
magical girl, shoujo