AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 101 43.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 62 26.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 18.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.29%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-07, 13:39   Link #81
hero147

I thought Kirito looked pretty ugly when he first came into the game. But then <33333. Haha, looking forward to this anime!
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 13:43   Link #82
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Wow, 64 people viewing this thread .

It was a really good first episode. A1 does a good job when they really try, in my opinion. It's an interesting premise in that you can take the show in any direction (although I prefer human antagonists, I don't think I'll mind too much). Plus, the character designs are definitely cute and the main pairing looks as if it'll be adorable, so I'll definitely follow this .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 13:44   Link #83
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Although it wasn't mindblowing nor completely original (.hack franchise has a similar premise to this),
Well to be fare the novel series did predate .hack but a few mouths as a web novel .hack just had the good fortune of being backed by bandai...

Quote:
Btw, without spoiling and going shipping crazy, how important and significant is the romance between the MC and that orange hair female character from the promos (the main female character I'm assuming)? Very briefly.
very important lets put it that way...
Old 2012-07-07, 13:58   Link #84
Ddraig

After watching first episode all I can say is this look pretty good and definitely worth watching. Glad that I didnt start reading the whole light novel first with exception only THAT chapter >_>
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 13:59   Link #85
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, completed the first ep.

Fuck. Yes.

It actually makes a part of Volume One, which I tend to skip over, interesting and entertaining.

It's now 3am where I live and I have to be up in 4 hours, but it was freaking worth it. That said, next week I'm going to slow down and watch it on sunday night, not sunday morning

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:08   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Actually - and this is a compliment - in addition to .hack what this really reminded me of was the "Otherland" series, by Tad Williams.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:09   Link #87
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Wow, 64 people viewing this thread .

It was a really good first episode. A1 does a good job when they really try, in my opinion. It's an interesting premise in that you can take the show in any direction (although I prefer human antagonists, I don't think I'll mind too much). Plus, the character designs are definitely cute and the main pairing looks as if it'll be adorable, so I'll definitely follow this .
Don't worry you get those too....
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:12   Link #88
Awrya
U mad?

Finally the episode is out!
First impression of Kirito avatar, who the hell is that
Seriously, we never knew how he looked in the light novel (before mirror item), so it did make me laugh hard. Anyone else though he looked like a fodder character or someone who is destined to die?

Damn, Clyne's (or is it Klein?) voice is JUST as I imagined, wonder how the other voices will be

Is it a new habit of Japanese anime to use the opening song as the ending one in the first episode?
Old 2012-07-07, 14:12   Link #89
ookamigirl

In the first few seconds as I started watching it, my thoughts were: this reminds me of .hack// and lets hope it'll be even better!
Kirito and Klein were fun to watch.
Being stuck in the game was not a good feeling for them & they weren't alone either.
OMG! That admin guy is a total psycho!!
So basically if you want to get out alive you have to beat the game!
This SAO game looks very cool, I'd play it if it was real (just without the crazy admin)^^
I'll be watching this!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:14   Link #90
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Is it a new habit of Japanese anime to use the opening song as the ending one in the first episode?
Yeah, it's more or less the norm for pilot episodes to do that. It can be very misleading at times. I really can't wait to see the ED. :>
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:18   Link #91
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Just watched the episode and I really liked it. Nothing surprising yet, but it served its purpose in setting up the premise of the series. The scenery in the anime is amazing, and I definitely think that it's one of the biggest areas that the anime has going for SAO that the LN just can't compare. After all, reading descriptions just isn't the same as seeing the fields, mountains, pillars, and sky visually.

As a side note, I wonder if the anime is telling the story chronologically or by how Kawahara published the story.
Old 2012-07-07, 14:20   Link #92
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Amazing! I'm very impress of the 1st episode.
Great story.
Great scenery.
Likable characters.
Yuki Kajiura music.
Everything!

As someone who has never read the novels, i expect lots of amazing things to come. 10 of 10!
Old 2012-07-07, 14:21   Link #93
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Just watched the episode and I really liked it. Nothing surprising yet, but it served its purpose in setting up the premise of the series. The scenery in the anime is amazing, and I definitely think that it's one of the biggest areas that the anime has going for SAO that the LN just can't compare. After all, reading descriptions just isn't the same as seeing the fields, mountains, pillars, and sky visually.

As a side note, I wonder if the anime is telling the story chronologically or by how Kawahara published the story.
You finally gave in to the hype and watched it, eh? Glad you enjoyed it. ;p

Yeah, based on what we've seen in the PVs and what a few people saw at the early screening in Paris (episode 1 + first 10 minutes of episode 2), we think it will.
Old 2012-07-07, 14:28   Link #94
Somnus
Eh?

So it's finally started...and god damn what a start that was.

Hate to beat the overkilled horse here, but as a LN reader my expectations were/are high and I am not disappointed in the least. Everything was superb. Here's hoping they keep up the quality for the rest of the run.

Also, it definitely looks like they'll be staying faithful to our favourite duo. I'll consider that a small victory already, and I now anticipate every episode even more.

That post-OP(/ending) scene set the mood perfectly too.
Bring on next week!

[mod edit: removed this spoiler/hint]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-08 at 00:39. Reason: no novel spoilers
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:32   Link #95
Divini
Senpai!

My first exposure to SAO. Beautiful, I loved it.

I'd just like to know one thing... is PvP enabled? Just a one word answer is fine, trying to avoid spoilers.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:35   Link #96
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
My first exposure to SAO. Beautiful, I loved it.

I'd just like to know one thing... is PvP enabled? Just a one word answer is fine, trying to avoid spoilers.
Spoiler for Just in case. It's a three word answer:
Old 2012-07-07, 14:36   Link #97
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I've come into this show blind. I have no knowledge about it other than a couple of synopsis' from other websites and some info from other folks. The main reason I wanted to give it a look is because the premise was similar to .hack, which is a favorite of mine. I can easily say this first episode completely betrayed my expectations -- in a very good way.

The issue at hand has been presented right from the get-go, therefore our characters have a goal to strive for and gives us viewers a reason to watch them work to accomplish it. Kirito's background has been explained allowing us to become more familiar with him and perhaps even connect with him in some cases. The mechanics and specifics of the world of the game they were inhabiting were explained too. As a first episode, it managed to hit practically every duty it had right on money and not a second of it felt wasted.

Also, must give it a point for not introducing the female lead this episode either. To me, it shows that they have confidence that they can pull this adaptation off without having to ride on the female characters popularity straight from the get-go.

I was wondering whether or not at first that the characters were using avatars that look like their real-life selves, but after that mirror scene I guess that was not the case. Still, I personally would have liked the characters to have kept the avatar system, because men playing female characters and women playing male characters would make it feel more like they're actually inside of a game as that's a pretty common thing to occur in MMORPG's.

All-in-all, I'm impressed, and I look forward to next week's episode. With so many people dying from this game already things have gotten quite grim, and I love it~
Old 2012-07-07, 14:37   Link #98
konart

Any SAOxSAW crossover pics yet?
Old 2012-07-07, 14:38   Link #99
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Why don't you check the image thread. I'm sure you'll find something there.
Old 2012-07-07, 14:47   Link #100
Deltaray

Kirito [snip] sure has nice computer setup, with three screens, just as a random afterthought.

Last edited by monir; 2012-07-07 at 15:44. Reason: Names are spoiler too. Don't post anything that hasn't been revealed in the anime episode.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi, shonen