AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-04, 00:36   Link #521
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Despite all this lighthearted talk.

Am I only one racking my boots wondering how in the world a SherylxAlto pairing will work now? In any situation I can think of, it seems like the Love Triangle is pretty much shot given Sheryl's personality.

Ugh, I knew this was going to happen with the upcoming episodes. Just gotta hope that things will even out. After all, Ranka's supermove surprised us to no ends.
I still see great promise of the SherylxAlto ending. Ranka's relationship still seems to center around the fact that he's been protecting her and the damsel in distress thing can only get her so far. I still think that Alto needs a more mature relationship than one in which he is constantly protecting his significant other. I think this has been said before, but I'll repeat it. Ranka needs to grow up and become stronger or she will have been a waste of screen time. She can't really do that if she's always chasing after Alto because he offers her shelter, from harm and from things she doesn't want to hear. Sheryl, on the other hand, has been shown to be a very strong character and is able to take care of herself, as is shown very well in the last two episodes. She does not do the damsel in distress thing at all and I believe that Alto will eventually choose an equal for his partner.

P.S Ranka has already squandered her Super Move meter and it's only the middle of the series so she will be wide open for the Super Spectacular Sheryl-Sama Smasher.

Sheryl no tameni!
SherylxAlto will prevail, so say we all.
Old 2008-07-04, 00:50   Link #522
zalem

Yeah, the damsel in distress thing is getting REALLY old with Ranka. It's the one thing that keeps me from really liking her character. She is loli on top of that (I hate moe and loli). I could forgive the loli if she weren't a loli in distress all the time. That's one thing I can't forgive...I really dislike "damsel in distress" types. I hope she matures and becomes something other then that...

I hope Sheryl never becomes a damsel in distress or else I will be severely disappointed. So far she has been anything but that though.
Old 2008-07-04, 01:04   Link #523
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Yeah, the damsel in distress thing is getting REALLY old with Ranka. It's the one thing that keeps me from really liking her character. She is loli on top of that (I hate moe and loli). I could forgive the loli if she weren't a loli in distress all the time. That's one thing I can't forgive...I really dislike "damsel in distress" types. I hope she matures and becomes something other then that...

I hope Sheryl never becomes a damsel in distress or else I will be severely disappointed. So far she has been anything but that though.
Every main female character I have in my stories, has been a strong personality type. They might need saving once or twice throughout the entire story(usually my stories spawn years in character's POV), but overall, they fend for themselves and are no push-overs.

I couldn't be attracted to a damsel in distress either. I prefer a girl who is strong, somewhat confident, and willing to take charge at least once in awhile.

Sheryl fits these qualities to a T.
Old 2008-07-04, 01:45   Link #524
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post

Moe and loli should be purge from the universe and perpetual damsels in distress should be left to wallow in the fates that they seem to choose for themselves. I think we're safe in that although Sheryl may need saving once or twice, she will not become the Ranka from eps 1-13. Even if she does need saving I am highly certain that she will not idly wait for rescue. She would try to save herself even if it means trying to claw through steel with her fingernails. Sheryl would never give up. I really thought that I couldn't like Sheryl more than I did from eps 1-11, but eps 12 and 13 have made me appreciate her even more.

Sheryl-sama no tameni!
Old 2008-07-04, 01:54   Link #525
mike_s_6

Sheryl = CLASS
Old 2008-07-04, 02:02   Link #526
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

In defense of Ranka, there's nothing wrong with being moe or loli, as she's one of the better examples of that archtype to come out in a long, long time. The problem is that next to Alto, Alto looks like he's robbing the cradle, I actually got goosebumps when he hugged Ranka around the waist this episode. Ranka may not be as strong as Sheryl, but she's come very far from her indecisive period of the early episodes.
Old 2008-07-04, 02:14   Link #527
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Hmm, I wonder when Mikhail will reveal the truth behind the pills Sheryl has been taking.

I liked her a lot in this series. Very in character, very Sheryl. She pretty much said to Mikhail that if he does not want to help, she can do it alone. Thats willpower. And thats in midst of her still suffering from an unknown disease. I mean, if Alto does not take this as some sort of a hint... *sigh*

- Tak
Old 2008-07-04, 02:44   Link #528
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hmm, I wonder when Mikhail will reveal the truth behind the pills Sheryl has been taking.
I doubt it's more than suspicion right now, but he might intend to take it back to um... Canaria? to have it checked out... Sheryl seems to have her own suspicions too, though.

Quote:
I liked her a lot in this series. Very in character, very Sheryl. She pretty much said to Mikhail that if he does not want to help, she can do it alone. Thats willpower. And thats in midst of her still suffering from an unknown disease. I mean, if Alto does not take this as some sort of a hint... *sigh*
He's dense, but I don't think he's that dense. Seems like he knows what he's asking them (well, her) to do in going after Ranka.

That whole scene plays out really sweetly amidst a really just... f'ed up backdrop. Things are going to be really interesting when (if?) they all get back to Frontier safe.

Last edited by stray; 2008-07-04 at 02:56.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:09   Link #529
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Probably, once all the action has died down. To add to this I'm curious as to how she'll take it since Grace is the person she's probably trusted the most since... well whenever.

After seeing Ep13 and the Vajra fleet, I'm having my doubts that Galaxy is still around unless it was all a setup.

Quote:

- Tak
Yep, its that willpower and fiery spunk that I wholy like about her. Nothing gets her down and she just keeps powering along.

But earlier I was thinking from the triangle PoV, I'm not sure whether or not that willpower will hinder her chances with Alto... Just throwing my thoughts out there. I'm extremely curious as to how it'll play out since Michael's been added to the mix in discussions.

=> Ranka x Alto x Sheryl x Michael x Klan Klan?

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...

Last edited by TwilightHack; 2008-07-04 at 04:21. Reason: extra bit on triangle
Old 2008-07-04, 04:54   Link #530
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
But earlier I was thinking from the triangle PoV, I'm not sure whether or not that willpower will hinder her chances with Alto... Just throwing my thoughts out there. I'm extremely curious as to how it'll play out since Michael's been added to the mix in discussions.

=> Ranka x Alto x Sheryl x Michael x Klan Klan?
Quite honestly, I donīt see it. Sure, Sheryl blushed a few times with Michael, but it was all in reference to going searching for Alto.

Also, she probably knows that Klan would stomp her into a bloody pulp if she ever found out. ^^

BTW, I seriously suspect Sheryl will become a pilot for real quite soon. I smell the possibility of Michael getting knocked out during the fight for Frontier and her taking control of the plane.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:22   Link #531
SymphonicRain

Eh. Why is everyone suddenly talking about Michel X Sheryl?

As Magnuskn mentioned, it was simply a reference of Alto that made her blush; just the same situation as Grace mentioned of Alto in episode 7 that made Sheryl blush. Should we also equate to Grace X Sheryl as well by reading through blushes just like that?
Old 2008-07-04, 05:30   Link #532
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Eh. Why is everyone suddenly talking about Michel X Sheryl?
No kidding. I just don't see it there. Michael x Klan ftw.

As for Sheryl in this episode, she's definitely on the rebound and I'm looking forward to her charging up her supermeter some more so she can deliver her inevitable Supermove and dazzle us all!
Old 2008-07-04, 06:14   Link #533
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

^2 Well, I take into consideration everything because I like to keep an open mind... but I suppose this part of the conversation can be started in the "Romance" thread.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-04, 06:23   Link #534
Darial
Otaku in disguise

On a side note about Michael and Klan....

Anyone disturbed by the fact that when Klan's image popped up in his mind at the end of his conversation with Sheryl in the middle of Episode 13, it was LOLI-Klan and not the mature version?!?! Maybe Michael's mature woman rep is just an act and he's a closet lolicon!
Old 2008-07-04, 06:36   Link #535
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post

Anyone disturbed by the fact that when Klan's image popped up in his mind at the end of his conversation with Sheryl in the middle of Episode 13, it was LOLI-Klan and not the mature version?!?! Maybe Michael's mature woman rep is just an act and he's a closet lolicon!
Eh, I think he mostly interacts with micron Klan nowadays, so it wasnīt *that* strange. Although if he really thinks about her in terms of a relationship which goes further than "friend", yeah, thatīd be disturbing.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:41   Link #536
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Good... two most decent men of this series have loli tendencies No wonder a hot one such as Sheryl is underapreciated.

If only this is real life...
Old 2008-07-04, 06:42   Link #537
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post

It's probably not that strange, since it's easier to relate to her when she's that size.
Old 2008-07-04, 08:25   Link #538
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Sheryl blushed around Michael when she's faced with Alto jabs. Why do people just not see the context?

Sheryl blushed around Grace too when she mentioned Alto. Does that mean she's hot for Grace's cyborg panties?
Old 2008-07-04, 08:58   Link #539
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Sheryl blushed around Michael when she's faced with Alto jabs. Why do people just not see the context?

Sheryl blushed around Grace too when she mentioned Alto. Does that mean she's hot for Grace's cyborg panties?

LOL, this topic is quite absurd. It's gotten to the point where people are just "reaching" when it comes to either Sheryl or Ranka.

Well, if Ozma causes Ranka to blush then that must equate to Ranka growing immense feelings for her "Oniichan"

I guess some are not too observant, Crisis. And their one-tracked mind prevents them from seeing the obvious.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-04, 09:10   Link #540
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Currently Sheryl is still at the stages where she is semi-unsure about her feelings towards Alto, and have taken a rather reluctant position regarding his well being as she is unsure.

But, imagine the time when her feeling takes a full swing. Then we will have something to see, oh yeah.

- Tak
Closed Thread

Tags
characters