AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 37 29.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 33.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 25.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-23, 08:23   Link #101
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeast View Post
Of course people over-analyze detail, Umineko is a friggin mystery where people pay attention to detail.
I just want to say the reason why many VN players talk about Ange before EP3 is because of their over-analyzing, not the VN has more info than the anime.
Old 2009-10-23, 09:14   Link #102
~Ayane~

Quote:
I don't play the games, so I might be wrong, but I think some of her cruelty was also transferred to Evatrice. It's like in Kinzo's garden, when Rosa first meets Beato--she's a naive, nice girl with a cute smile. It's only when she 'dies' and regains her memories that her cruel nature comes up again. So perhaps the title of the golden witch confers upon the owner of the title some particularly nasty traits.
*looking at Virgilia* hm....im not sure about that...

Quote:
Interesting to see Lucifer & Ronove (albeit mostly Ronove) making up excuses & covering for Beato behind Eva-Beatrice's back. Looks like despite having to serve a new master, they probably would rather stick with the old one if at all possible.
well, new master calls them second hand furniture

Quote:
I loled when eva-beatrice killed shannon again, does that make me a bad person?
hm...i think not. i loled at every death except Najos in this episode xD

Quote:
I've got a crazy theory. Tell me I'm wrong.
Beatrice has blue eyes.
Vergilia has blue eyes.
Evatrice has blue eyes.
One spoiler character who also will become a name-Beatrice has blue eyes.
Witches have blue eyes.
Battler has blue eyes.
Will we see Battrice at some point? Slay the dragon--become the dragon?
um...i...dont think something like that matters x_X
besides Battler should have black eyes

anyway, im so hyped for next episode! it will be epic, and tea parties, and everything! *kyaaa!!!*
Old 2009-10-23, 09:16   Link #103
Kitsu
The unlucky one

No VN spoilers even when tagged here!

Quote:
I mean who would look like THAT while being strangulated ?
A lot
Old 2009-10-23, 09:17   Link #104
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by urusai View Post
I laughed at that scene in the VN as well, simply because of Beato's "oh crap" expression.
Damn, you made me laugh again by making me remember that.

And one has to overanalyze umineko, I mean some of the most ridiculous theories that were formulated in the early chapters proved to be true later on.
Old 2009-10-23, 09:28   Link #105
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Servant-Kanon, you might want to remove that VN spoiler. That's not allowed in these threads.
Old 2009-10-23, 09:42   Link #106
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~
well, new master calls them second hand furniture.
To be fair, although i don't want to defend psycho Eva or anything, if you look at it from her perspective, the one time she asked the stakes to do something major for her, they did fail badly (granted. if you ignore the stupidity of Eva popping up mid-fight & getting in Belphegor's way, that is). So she at least has some kind of reason to think that way about them. Plus given her past behaviour, i don't think in the past that Beato was too friendly with them either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant-Kanon
Spoiler for Natsuhi o.o:

I mean who would look like THAT while being strangulated ?
Is there supposed to be a specific way you're meant to look while having the life throttled out of you?
Old 2009-10-23, 10:07   Link #107
Workworkwork

KanonTheFurniture, you posted a spoiler a page back. Mind removing it?
Old 2009-10-23, 10:48   Link #108
June 1983

For god's sake, people, for the millionth time, if someone posts a spoiler, REPORT IT. DON'T post in the thread pointing it out to everyone. Jeeeeeeeesus.
Old 2009-10-23, 10:52   Link #109
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
For god's sake, people, for the millionth time, if someone posts a spoiler, REPORT IT. DON'T post in the thread pointing it out to everyone. Jeeeeeeeesus.
Well, that would lead to direct bannage which sucks, also this time it was a tagged VN spoiler with "not in the anime yet" there was nothing to point out anymore
Old 2009-10-23, 10:57   Link #110
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It isn't necessarily so. Anyway the bets possible move is to send a PM to the person in question. That way

1) there is a higher chance the person will notice it
2) you won't create problems for the other readers
3) you won't derail the discussion

Old 2009-10-23, 11:05   Link #111
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Almost makes me think the board will be shuffled to have her play a role next time but at the same time I can't see Beato dragging Battler's little sister into it. Would just feel counter to her current development.
I thought the events prior to their arrival to Rokkenjima would be unchanged. I wonder how it'd be explained if that happens.
Old 2009-10-23, 11:27   Link #112
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
I thought the events prior to their arrival to Rokkenjima would be unchanged. I wonder how it'd be explained if that happens.
This is right. Beato can only affect things on Rokkenjima (and ONLY Rokkenjima) between Oct 4-5th. Everything before Oct 4th is stagnant and the VN states clearly that Ange has been sick since before the 4th.
Old 2009-10-23, 11:34   Link #113
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
I just want to say the reason why many VN players talk about Ange before EP3 is because of their over-analyzing, not the VN has more info than the anime.
First off, for this statement to be true, there would have to have been some way for anime-only viewers to know about Ange earlier. There wasn't.
Second, if you think that's over-analyzing, then the mystery genre really isn't for you. The fact that the main character of the story has a little sister is far from a pointless fact when you're searching for motives, a possible 19th person, and theorizing what happens after the crime. No one will have a chance at solving any significant part of the riddle without reading at least that closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Well, that would lead to direct bannage which sucks, also this time it was a tagged VN spoiler with "not in the anime yet" there was nothing to point out anymore
The rules are clearly stated. If people break them, that's totally their fault. Responding to their post at any time can never help more than simply PMing them, and it can often drag spoilers out in the open. We all know the rules for the thread, so let people take their own responsibility.

Edit: Uhh, what Jan-Poo said...

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-10-23, 12:11   Link #114
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
This is right. Beato can only affect things on Rokkenjima (and ONLY Rokkenjima) between Oct 4-5th. Everything before Oct 4th is stagnant and the VN states clearly that Ange has been sick since before the 4th.
Yeah wasn't all that certain how widespread the effect Beato could have on the board. Has been able to mess around with some things and even put herself in for the last arc. So thought it might be possible to drag someone else into it, oh well there goes that. Should limit Ange's presence other than speculation as to motives and what might result from this family slaughter. There are other witches involved in this but don't think they will do much to the chessboard to change the set-up.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:53   Link #115
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Ok I definetly would love the chance to smack Eva-beatrice around a little... Calling Lucifer and Ronove second hand furniture is really crossing the line.. Im hoping Beato smacks this little brat around next episode (havent read VN so I can blindly hope)..

Going back to Riskbreakers comment, I really didnt see that from the anime.. They were servants and Beatrice definetly did not give them any special treatment but she didnt treat them poorly either..

Im sorry I would be a bit mad if a new boss on his first work based interaction called for two staff members but didnt care which one.. It almost seems she didnt event take the time to learn their names..
Old 2009-10-23, 14:35   Link #116
~Ayane~

Quote:
To be fair, although i don't want to defend psycho Eva or anything, if you look at it from her perspective, the one time she asked the stakes to do something major for her, they did fail badly (granted. if you ignore the stupidity of Eva popping up mid-fight & getting in Belphegor's way, that is). So she at least has some kind of reason to think that way about them. Plus given her past behaviour, i don't think in the past that Beato was too friendly with them either.
what? Beato likes them, she even calls them "my children", she fixes Battler so they can play with him and all.... I have never saw her threatening them (i guess so)
Old 2009-10-23, 15:00   Link #117
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah wasn't all that certain how widespread the effect Beato could have on the board. Has been able to mess around with some things and even put herself in for the last arc. So thought it might be possible to drag someone else into it, oh well there goes that. Should limit Ange's presence other than speculation as to motives and what might result from this family slaughter. There are other witches involved in this but don't think they will do much to the chessboard to change the set-up.
Beato's 'board' is considered Rokkenjima and that's it.

Think of it like chess - the 18 people are the pieces (well some of them) and Ange is a piece completely away from the board. Beato can place the 18 pieces she has, but she can't control Ange's piece because she doesn't have it. If that makes sense
Old 2009-10-23, 15:34   Link #118
Kazane

I haven't replayed Episode 3 in a while, but, if I remember correctly, wasn't the window Beato and George went out through supposed to be positioned so that the wind couldn't come in that strongly? I don't know, but the wind sure was blasting through wildly the moment the window was opened in the anime.
Old 2009-10-23, 15:44   Link #119
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Yeah, I think so. It was positionned so that no one could tell if the window was open or close without seeing it because the wind wasn't going through.
Old 2009-10-23, 15:48   Link #120
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazane View Post
I haven't replayed Episode 3 in a while, but, if I remember correctly, wasn't the window Beato and George went out through supposed to be positioned so that the wind couldn't come in that strongly? I don't know, but the wind sure was blasting through wildly the moment the window was opened in the anime.
Yeah, I just replayed that scene and they specifically said that no wind or rain could go through the window.

Little Busters!
Closed Thread