AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 37 36.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 30.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 22.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-22, 01:16   Link #181
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful. It's hard for me to see uniforms in the same light because, well, I have a friend born and raised in Japan who obtained a different school's uniform from a friend and loves to dress up as a schoolgirl at Halloween parties (she had already given her uniforms away when she was younger which explains why she couldn't dress up in her own... even in her thirties she can still pass for a high school girl).

I also have Korean cousins who went to pretty good private schools who routinely threw their uniforms on the floor everyday when they got home and changed.

So my understanding is that while the uniforms are sacred to the schools, when it comes to the students, it's case-by-case, depends on the student.
Old 2007-07-22, 01:58   Link #182
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
So my understanding is that while the uniforms are sacred to the schools, when it comes to the students, it's case-by-case, depends on the student.
Yup, that's why I say most. Maybe not even most nowdays... kids today...
What usually happen is the moment they graduate they want to toss their uniform, but after they've entered society they all start to miss their uniforms... some even keep them to cosplay for their husbands, but that's another topic altogether.

Japanese childhood is wonderful, except for the exams. Japanese adulthood is harsh, demeaning, and often demoralizing. Many adults have found memories of their school years and cherish their old unis for that reason. There's a reason why the fictional creations from Japan are so good and mesmerizing... There is a strong need for them in the society.
Closed Thread