AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 15 21.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-08, 07:50   Link #41
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Ok so did they go for the oh so cliché loli deep down inside likes the male lead over the friend. Not that I really mind that much. Since I did follow this series for the cliché-ness.
Old 2007-11-08, 09:11   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Everything to do with the last scene was absolutely beautiful. Yes of course the main lovely part was the cute kiss (that i was waiting for <3), though the lighting shinning of Hinako's hair made this special scene all the more beautiful. It makes me hope for a Hinako end.. and it's just not going to happen.

Wonderful episode.
Old 2007-11-08, 09:29   Link #43
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Oh ho, so only Asami didn't have anything to do with this episode, lol.
11 years old, dude.
Fun episode.
Old 2007-11-08, 09:30   Link #44
siden87
aka seraph

Send a message via MSN to siden87 Send a message via Yahoo to siden87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Spoiler for Plushie:

Yeah I thought that was strange too. From this line alone, it seems that this won't be the last Hinako episode .
Yes I also find it weird, but considering this series is only 13 episode long, I wonder how many episode will it takes for Hinako story. Or they might just blend the story together in the end. Also, Sana not being able to solve that arithmetic problem may have something to do with his past time (since even Hinako can solve it )

Nevertheless, episode 6 is pretty much enjoyable, with Hinako again become the main point of attraction (after episode 4). Yet again, Aoi came at the wrong time when Sana accidentally bumped into Hinako.
Old 2007-11-08, 11:07   Link #45
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Everything to do with the last scene was absolutely beautiful. Yes of course the main lovely part was the cute kiss (that i was waiting for <3), though the lighting shinning of Hinako's hair made this special scene all the more beautiful. It makes me hope for a Hinako end.. and it's just not going to happen.

Wonderful episode.
Agree! That last part had a completely different feeling, not only from the whole chapter, but also from all the last episodes.
Old 2007-11-08, 12:06   Link #46
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Looks like we'll finally be getting some development for the twins next episode, but at the same time some more Nanaka development.
I agree. Nanaka’s character has developed a lot and now she’s more like the small nanaka that was playing they violin in the first episode. Lot of questions I thought this week episode will answer but unfortunately didn’t . I was hopping that this episode will tell what’s the relationship between Nanaka’s fear from playing the violin and the fire. However, the 6th episode showed many important details and I don’t know if you guys have noticed
Spoiler for 6th episode:
Anyway, what I cannot understand is Hinako went to Sana not Shuu and also what is with Aoi’s good timing and her dirty mind lol
Old 2007-11-08, 12:53   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I can understand Hinako going to Sana instead. After all he was the one who helped her out (with Aoi too of course) in doing the confession to Shuu. Plus was there for her when of course it didn't go the way she would've hoped and she appreciated it. Probably a bit easier going to someone you could see as a friend than going to someone you were interested in. Besides Sana's the main character so all the easier there .

The end of the episode really had a different feel to it. Able to see and feel the bond that had grown between Hinako and Sana. Really had that special feel to it. Hope no matter what happens things go alright for her.
Old 2007-11-08, 22:29   Link #48
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The end of the episode really had a different feel to it. Able to see and feel the bond that had grown between Hinako and Sana. Really had that special feel to it. Hope no matter what happens things go alright for her.
Yeah, the ending did have a nice special feel to it. Not like episode 5. I really hope we don't see that old lady again.

Hinako is a real interesting character. I'm not sure what her purpose in the series than maybe being the cute younger sister type character. But maybe she is definitely a character I root for.
Old 2007-11-08, 23:51   Link #49
CrisisDarkerXIV

I smell something sweet and dangerous between Hinako and Sana. xP;;
Old 2007-11-09, 00:55   Link #50
rocketpunk

This was a very good episode. Aoi's expression was priceless.
that 13 eps is a bummer
Old 2007-11-09, 01:06   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
Yeah, the ending did have a nice special feel to it. Not like episode 5. I really hope we don't see that old lady again.

Hinako is a real interesting character. I'm not sure what her purpose in the series than maybe being the cute younger sister type character. But maybe she is definitely a character I root for.
Sadly the creepy old woman even showed up in the preview. So looks like whatever dark stuff she's up to will still be a part of things.

I guess we'll find out just what kind of role Hinako will play in the future. Is possible she's going to be that younger sister type, that happens to barge into his place and kick him out half the time . But of course this time she'll have an invitation. Either that or the plans are to destroy all that live with that cooking. Maybe one day it'll be eatable.

Is a little sad it'll be that short. But long as they move quickly with solid pacing won't be bothered all that much by it.
Old 2007-11-09, 02:39   Link #52
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

A small point about this episode that really interested me. This shows the sort of thing that M;Y pays attention to. While Hinako was in the shower, Sana got her phone number and attempted to call her mother. I can't tell you how many shows I've seen where the guy will just take it for granted that someone has permission from their parent to stay over. This is the first time I've ever seen someone attempt to verify such a "fact".

I know if a 10-11 year old child wanted to stay in my appartment for a night I'd sure as heck call the mother to verify. If she wasn't there, I'd at least leave a message on her answering machine so that she'd have the information in case she was worried. Bravo to Sana for acting like a real human being.

I wonder if Hinako's mother is going to hear that on the answering machine. I wonder if Hinako is going to get in trouble for staying at a boy's place.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-09, 06:58   Link #53
Jerseykid

kissies! very good episode
Old 2007-11-09, 08:17   Link #54
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So no Old woman going Higurashi on Nanaka this week.

All i know is that through the entire episode i kept saying dude shes 11 shes in elementry school, get her the hell out of your place. But he went and called her mother and left a message that surprised the crap out of me havent seen that one before.

Now im sure we could specualte about the kiss on the cheek at the end till the cows come home so i wont even try. I will just say that to me it was unexpected and kind of cute. Sana maybe a blockhead but he is really nice guy that cares for others feelings. Hinako seems to be suffering from one of major illness in anime (workaholic parents) usually this is the case when a character feels lonley or seems to be alone all the time. The contrast in her childlike behaviour yet her somewhat adult attitude was very well played.

My favorite part had to be her asking Sana to be the replacement for her plushie LOL that was cute. OH and thank the lord we didnt have to listen to Aoi sing.

Kill the school days reference myself yourself is nothing like it.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-11-09 at 08:43.
Old 2007-11-09, 12:34   Link #55
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Laughed on several occasions and was about to fall from the sofa near the end.

Spoiler for about Hinako:

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2007-11-09, 15:43   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I can understand Hinako going to Sana instead. After all he was the one who helped her out (with Aoi too of course) in doing the confession to Shuu. Plus was there for her when of course it didn't go the way she would've hoped and she appreciated it. Probably a bit easier going to someone you could see as a friend than going to someone you were interested in. Besides Sana's the main character so all the easier there .

not forgetting going to shuu would have been harder because she actually likes him a lot more relationship wise, she probably thought it would be more awkward/embarrassing to stay over at his house.

special feel yea ^^

its the warm fuzzy "awwwww" feeling all over again...it is just touching to watch such a gentle and innocent kiss :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-09, 15:47   Link #57
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Kill the school days reference myself yourself is nothing like it.
Indeed. Healthy people who can get their bad feelings out into the open with a simple slap aren't repressing themselves until it builds up to calamity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
its the warm fuzzy "awwwww" feeling all over again...it is just touching to watch such a gentle and innocent kiss :3
It was rather touching indeed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-09, 16:30   Link #58
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Certainly the ending was nice and touching, but the overall ep felt a bit disjointed from the previous ep...

Well at least we got to know a bit more about Hinako this ep. By the way Sana's reaction to the kiss could get him in trouble with the police lol!

Also the preview seems pretty interesting, we get to see the old lady again.... Also I think Nanaka's going to bump into Sana and Asami together again judging from her reaction of dropping whatever she was carrying. Don't know about the old lady but i'm definitely looking forward to the next ep..
Old 2007-11-09, 18:06   Link #59
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yeah the School Days reference was funny for a while (I admit I made quite a few of them) but they're not really funny/clever anymore. Nice boat, wonderful, let's get back on topic.

It is really disjointed from the previous episode since pretty much nothing connects. It is basically just a filler, but I think it's touching and wonderful. The most wonderful thing about this episode is making it so innocently romantic without giving hints that the show is including Hinako into the harem and that it's just a "thank you" kiss. The plot was really nice also, celebrating her birthday like that. It's probably one of the most enjoyable episode of this season. What with Clannad/Minami-ke/Genshiken going all comedy it's really good to see a slice-of-life/romance episode that doesn't go over the top.
Old 2007-11-09, 23:50   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Have to agree props to Sana for actually making the call. Sure they had to get him to pick the wrong bag for a laugh, but didn't take him long to track it down. Even though we knew no one would be picking it up was smart to at least check. Though god knows from the way he said it you'd assume he was guilty of something .

Either there will be some kind of conversation when Hinako gets back. Either it's explained that Sana was a friend she stayed with or some remark along the lines of her mother not being there on her birthday so hardly her business. Maybe an easier result in that her mother arrives really late and she can listen to the messages and delete it without issue. But with the plot moving back in another direction may not be touched on.

Doesn't hurt to just have a nice, touching moment at the end of an episode. It just leaves you feeling good about watching the episode. No better way to describe that kiss at the end or the episode.