AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-16, 23:01   Link #81
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
The manga was "Gram, Grammar, Gramax." SHAFT has improved upon this one. On the other hand, now I'm not sure if Miya knows English...
Odd, Yen translates it as "Gram, Grammar, Glamorous"--obviously playing with the l/r problems.
Old 2010-01-18, 16:43   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

With her role as Nazuna, I realized Chiaki Omigawa has improved a lot since Soul Eater. I didn't even recognize her at first. Introducing those two new characters this season is a great idea, I can't wait to see more of them.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 21:44   Link #83
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
With her role as Nazuna, I realized Chiaki Omigawa has improved a lot since Soul Eater. I didn't even recognize her at first. Introducing those two new characters this season is a great idea, I can't wait to see more of them.
That was actually Omigawa Chiaki's natural voice. I'm more surprised about Harada Hitomi's role as Nori, compared with her role as Himeji Mizuki in Baka Test.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 22:30   Link #84
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
That Nazuna is unbelievably whiny and annoying and apparently has nothing whatsoever going for her. She'd best shape up before we rent out her room to someone with a personality.
I share your distaste for Nazuna. She's the first character in this show that I've actively disliked. Maybe Yoshi can put a little pizzaz into Nazuna or get her into cosplay as a hobby, but since Nazu is in Gen Ed she might never get to experience a class with Yoshinoya-sensei.

(You know, the one with the rack who strips? Even though Miya is by far the bluntest of the four, that seemed a bit implausible even for her!)

Miyako looked stunning after her haircut, though I did wonder how her cutter managed to deal with the burnt part. The fact that it didn't come up in conversation at the salon seemed a bit weird.

I thought Yuno looked a bit older as well, though her transformation wasn't as striking as Miya-chan's.

I was rather hoping that Sae's sister would have taken one of the rooms; she's enrolled this year, too, isn't she?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 22:43   Link #85
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I was rather hoping that Sae's sister would have taken one of the rooms; she's enrolled this year, too, isn't she?
I think she's at a different school. Her interest seems to be in music, and we have no information about Yamabuki high school's music department. Given that she's an anime-only character, it would be hard to have her around constantly in manga-based episodes.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 12:49   Link #86
Midonin
Last Engage

Good news! Right on cue, at episode three, the OP has become what it was supposed to be from the start. Very vivid, very Shafty, lots of sequences that would make for fun avatars. While it's a given with this season's themes and motifs and titles and whatnot, I'll get the obvious reference out of the way:

My god, it's full of stars.

[Video pending]
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 13:02   Link #87
sirn
田舎者言うな

The finished OP is very satisfying. I love every bit of it, even more than Wasshoi. It sure feel funny to think the OP was done by the person who did Ringo Mogire Beam. (Well, it's too different. )
Old 2010-01-21, 14:54   Link #88
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

This series has got progressively better since the first season. From being quite a good SOL series in season 1, to being one of my favorites in season2, to being a serious contender for my favorite series contesting the place to the ARIA series. It'd seem Shaft and Shinbo have completely gotten the gist of how to produce and direct this, because I enjoyed every single second of this episode, and at the end I was left craving for more.

A note on the OP: If every studio could do opening sequences with this level of creativity after just having a 2 week deadline extension I would be happy to let every series show the opening after the halfway mark.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 15:43   Link #89
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Fuh, they finally finished the OP...
Is the face was an apology written on the forehead aimed towards the viewer?

ED: (´;ω;`)...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 19:01   Link #90
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

The Miyako sketch! It speaks!

A kitchen sink of warm and fuzzy. That was a fun OP.
Old 2010-01-22, 21:48   Link #91
Midonin
Last Engage

Fun episode. Yoshinoya stole the show, of course (like Miyako, I'm feeling a sudden desire to learn the 3D arts), and what we saw of Nori and Nazca was also nice. Other great moments included Chair Cat and the eyecatch of Yuno as a CEO. In this day and age, would I trust Yunocchi with the economy? Answer: yes.

Last edited by Midonin; 2010-01-23 at 00:54.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 00:48   Link #92
SamCurt

There are two scenes in this ep (Yuno eavesdropping Miyako and then regretting, and Yuno's opinion on cup sizes) that the manga made Yuno unacceptably childish while the anime toned down to acceptable levels. Yes, I say the anime handled there better than the manga.

The priceless part about the eyecatch Midorin mentioned was not Yuno-as-financial-analyst, but rather she's wearing Sae's square eyeglasses.

If it were in the US Yoshinoya will be immediately fired.

... and it's not "information." It's "digital arts."

And, yes, foreshadowing Arakawa.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 08:23   Link #93
kaitoein
Finders Keepers

nice episode, the first part on how yoshi put her effort to make great appearance at opening ceremony really surprising, and not to mention how she ready to unskirt her upper shirt
The second part was much fun too, many japanese word-pun found here..

well, the biggest surprise on this episode is the opening scene. Really great work there, shaft . From simple opening they turn it into wonderful opening scene. The usual Hidamari is back
kaitoein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 12:34   Link #94
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Thumbs up 100% op = perfect

They did it, they actually topped wasshoi with this one! The completed visuals just adds so much to the experience, the difference between the incomplete OP and the finished product is like a full a step up in power level. I love how they shifted away from screentones and towards more vibrant & solid colors, the creative use of rainbows & stars and the SD bits, and adore the pic at the end (to tie in with the cute "yawn" at the end of the song). All in all a moe tour de force!

Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 12:55   Link #95
sirn
田舎者言うな

Stars… rainbows… Mmm... Reminds me of this

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-23, 20:18   Link #96
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

New OP really lives up to the other ones. I REALLY take back what I said about the track earlier.

Highlights of the episode:
- Sae's wink (I need a gif)
- Hiro sleeping in
- Yoshinoya, and her "solids" included
- Second half of the ep = one of my favorite chapters in the manga
- Yuno's creepy method of holding hands
Not much Nazuna or Nori, but like in the manga they'll get more involved as time goes on. Next episode looks like Nazuna's shopping for curtains.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 20:58   Link #97
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
It's nice to finally have a real version of the opening and this version is awesome. Even if sometimes I had to pause the video several times to catch things.

It's nice that we're still getting some first year stuff, but hopefully we'll get mostly second year in order to have plenty of Nazuna and Nori.
Old 2010-01-24, 05:36   Link #98
suppi
Nori is not a seaweed

Send a message via MSN to suppi
what do people always say? 3rd time the charm? well, it's the same for hidamari sketch's op... Love the 3rd one ~w~

suppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 06:09   Link #99
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

All these foot shot's are driving me insane. I end up watching this episode twice for obvious reasons.

& i want to try a coffee made my Hiro. *______*
Old 2010-01-24, 11:58   Link #100
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Wow, the OP is amazing. This might be because I just saw it, but it's one of the best OPs I've ever seen [which isn't much, but...].
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, shaft, slice of life