AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 07:46   Link #32001
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's gonna be funny either way haha
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 07:49   Link #32002
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's even more obvious, who else do cosplay and look like Kanzashi. Again rule of funny dictates that Ichika actually ignore the clues that she's Kanzashi.

Note - and it's more obvious that most of them are Japanese too

By that point, there's ten male pilot, eight are of Japanese origin (some with mixed lineage, or a trace of it), one is a human alien, and only one is normal Frenchman... of Singaporean residency.

Six of those came at once during Ichika's generation. Four are, well, see below.

American ambassador proposes citizenship and special privileges.
Ichika: "Oh, sorry, my country needs me, well that's what the government said"
Rito: "Me? I went to German, situation is scarily unstable there but I have to help my parents, you see"
Saruyama: "Bah, I went to Europe to see my grandpa, see you later"
American Ambassador: *looks at Dan*
Dan: "Let me think about it"
(it's still open decision whether Dan accept it or not)
Old 2012-06-07, 08:07   Link #32003
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Then why are glasses used as disguises?

Side note - Technically, Rito is half Irish I think. The red hair's kind of a giveaway.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:31   Link #32004
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's convenient if your usual appearance is not too distinct and not well known, but Kanzashi is far from that. OTOH putting a wig on Ichika and you may mistake him for Chifuyu.

-----------------------------
Alternate History wank time!

Due to certain shift of culture with the appearance of aliens, many things had changed during the history of earth, mostly from 1000 AD onward.

Rito and Dan both have Scottish lineage (10% of the population are red haired, and well over 25% carry the genes) due to large population of European people stranded in Hokkaido in 18-19th Century (while IRL Japanese are seriously xenophobic during that timeframe), Saruyama's case however more or less normal European-born Japanese, traced back to WWII.

Len already split with Lun during the birth process because all the people from his planet migrated to Australia decades before the continent is used as prison land, and thus they learn to adapt with much more stable environment of Earth. (For them, super deadly Australia is outright paradise) Therefore, most of Australian is in fact hardcore human alien, with distinct white hair being majority, and all of them have half-identical twin
Old 2012-06-07, 08:37   Link #32005
Eratas123

Aren't wigs easily pulled off? Irish's disguise consists solely of glasses aka Clark Kenting.

Side note - Then what's Lala?
Old 2012-06-07, 08:46   Link #32006
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, they do, but unlike glasses, wigs are much more effective (though usually, wigs + contact lens works even better)

Lala is purely devilukean, and the pink hair should give you hint Yes, Shinononos are part alien as well, but for some reason, Terran genes dominate Devilukean, so Tabane got the extremely recessive super strength + super intelligence + pink hair, while everyone else has normal features and enhanced body
Old 2012-06-07, 09:06   Link #32007
Eratas123

How hard would it be to open someone's jaw enough to break it?

Side note - You're giving the Amoral mad scientist super strength? Really?
Old 2012-06-07, 09:23   Link #32008
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Borderline impossible unless you're a well trained heavy lifter, strength of mammal's jaw are damn scary.

That's just extrapolation of anime version of her actually (in the novel she's relative normal IIRC). She still weaker than most of devilukean because A. not trained properly B. Raised in low gravity of Earth and C. gimped due to the lack of signature tail (?). Remember Lala still much weaker than Paul or Maul, because she's just normal 15 year old girl for them. Lala is at least twice as strong as Tabane by perspective.

And yes, Tabane is just as amoral and Canon, hell, even PT is better than her (being I.S. version of Team rocket and all), they might be a couple of dangerous racketeers, but they save the world when it counts

Squall: "We have no use for a destroyed/conquered world!"
Autumn: "Yay~! Phantom task, mobilize!"
Madoka: "Sigh, might as well ask me to marry Ichika rather than this shit again" (half-serious)
Ichika: *Sneeze*
Old 2012-06-07, 09:35   Link #32009
Eratas123

How hard do you think Killing Tabane would be?

Side note - So what's her purpose?
Old 2012-06-07, 09:39   Link #32010
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, considering her godlike asspull ability, it'll take entire cast to do that, that includes Chifuyu.

Recurring antagonist
Old 2012-06-07, 09:50   Link #32011
Eratas123

Okay, lets kick i up: What's the possibility of killing/defeating Tabane Shinonono, Charlotte Dunoa, Kanzashi Sarahiki, Tatenashi Sarashiki, and Autumn at the same period of time, provided they were the leader of their respective orgs?

The only one?
Old 2012-06-07, 10:02   Link #32012
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's still possible provided that it's really a battle royale. In short, let them be weakened first and then crush them swiftly.

No, plenty of aliens and humans are, PT included (almost all of them are played for laughs), when things get really serious and messy though, it's common for PT member to assist the protagonist (such as when kaijuu-sized ETX invade Japan, ETX was the reason of why Memorsian left their planet)
Old 2012-06-07, 10:03   Link #32013
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm logging out early because of bad Internet, see you tom.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:15   Link #32014
Eratas123

@ Senpai - The Bad Future ends with the five man team separating to do what they planned to do.

Kazuma Orimura - Tries to kill Tabane.

Saito Sarashiki - Goes after Kansashi to end part of the Sarashiki'.

Charles Dunoa - Cut off the head of Dunoa Industries (Charlotte).

Shouta Yamada - Heals Civilians then distracts Autumn to let them get away.

"Irish" - Targets the Heir of the Sarashiki's (Tatenashi).

Chances of any succeeding?

Side note - So what's the main story?
Old 2012-06-07, 10:38   Link #32015
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Umm, I think some of them will suceed with high cost, but not all of them, specifically Kazuma's (because, well, y'now) and Irish.

The main story as I said, 35% of the story is Character X beats Y for Z reason. 55% combines random antics and serious character interaction and development. 10% is the rest, such as climatic battle and stuff.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:45   Link #32016
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the forum's really slowed down

Even though he lacks speed. If the kamen rider gains instruction from someone who's experienced in fighting IS, can he fight on somewhat even ground?
Old 2012-06-07, 18:53   Link #32017
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

On even terms translates to many things, as I said, Kamen Rider has much more brute force than I.S., like comparing an MBT to an attack chopper.

FYI, modern MBT is designed to do that using special missile ammo, but even without that, they are more than capable of downing the attack chopper if said chopper is off guard. Even though Attack chopper's main role IS to destroy tanks and support vehicles.

Once I.S. has lost their mobility advantage somehow (whether due to the terrain or ambush), they are at his mercy. This is where 'experienced fighter' came into play, s/he taught Gentaro tactics and whatnot, and how to play as team in spite being an oddball in terms of powerset
Old 2012-06-07, 19:00   Link #32018
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I want to make it so that his first fight is won only because his enemies really had no idea what he was capable of. Subsequent fights will have him, not curbstomped, but still losing pretty one-sidedly.

The hard part is having Chifuyu have enough of a soft spot for Gentarou to actually to be his in-battle coach.
Old 2012-06-07, 19:37   Link #32019
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, Chifuyu don't need to put any mellow face, all Laura knew about her is her being tough-ass instructor... and Laura likes it. Gentarou unlikely accept is as much as Laura, but after hearing her legendary achievement, he might try to be patient.

Chifuyu will treat him, at most an ally and untapped asset, relationship go deeper from the moment she decided to handle him.
Old 2012-06-07, 19:41   Link #32020
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't really mean mellow face

So she'd actually be interested in his potential? combat potential that is.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest