AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-23, 18:32   Link #241
Terras

It's unlikely, sure, but if there's ever a boss team for Umineko as of Episode 4, it's that. I mean, Kinzo WAS one of the biggest hurdles Battler had to overcome in Episode 4.

We have no idea how story mode will function at this point, so it's pointless to think of this now, but if how they're releasing them on the website has anything to do with how they'll be teamed up in story mode, then I can see it happening IF story mode doesn't contain a bunch of repeat fights, which is also likely(Example: Beatrice and Battler, Beatrice and Ronove, Beatrice and Virgilia, etc)

Goldsmith/Gaap combo would be pretty cool though.... Though this is just speculation.
Old 2010-11-23, 21:20   Link #242
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
Why don't they just try to find somebody who actually knows the language before adding it in? Or you know... just not use it.
Because it looks cool and no one really cares if it's grammically incorrect? It's kinda like in CS where you can replace the original annoucer with other voices. Jin's japanese VA pronouces Rebel as Reeball. Some people prefer the engrish over the euthusiastic annoucer. XD

I smell alot of Beatricexanyone, unless there's a catch to the SP thing. It'll probably be balanced out by the move decay rate or something. Beatrice playing like Tao would be hilarious. Yeah, she can do a 80+ hit combo string off of her jab with anyone. But guess what? It stopped doing damage after like the 8th hit.

I wished Kanon's abitiliy drained SP instead of stopping the opponent from gaining any. Does his ability affect the opponent's waiting person also? That would be beast. And would it be nullified by Beatrice's ability anyway?
Old 2010-11-23, 21:33   Link #243
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
I wished Kanon's ability drained SP instead of stopping the opponent from gaining any. Does his ability affect the opponent's waiting person also? That would be beast. And would it be nullified by Beatrice's ability anyway?
I wish that were the case too, but I'm guessing the point is he's trying to remind us that if Kanon attempts to defeat Beatrice, it will be made more difficult due to Beatrice's power, if not impossible. Hence EP 2.

EDIT: 1st gameplay video, right between 2:07-2:08(You have to look at Shannon very carefully to see it), Shannon hits EVAtrice with a serving cart.

Last edited by SonozakiUshiromiya; 2010-11-23 at 22:01.
Old 2010-11-23, 22:09   Link #244
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I wish the AI in this game is hard (not stupid like MB, and not cheating like GG bosses).

Also, it looks like they're recycling BGM's from the VN. I do hope they made a few exclusive ones for this game.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2010-11-23, 22:22   Link #245
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I wish the AI in this game is hard (not stupid like MB, and not cheating like GG bosses).

Also, it looks like they're recycling BGM's from the VN. I do hope they made a few exclusive ones for this game.
As long as I get to fight to Mortal Stampede and Fake Red Shoes, I'm more than satisfied.
Old 2010-11-23, 23:23   Link #246
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post

I agree with you on the AI issue, I've never played a game where the AI wasn't just too stupid or unfairly kicking my...behind, although I have the difficulty set to Normal. Also, Worldend Dominator, Dread of the Grave, u2 nighteyes. And Imaginary Waltz would be a good song to put in the game. EDIT: and rougoku
Old 2010-11-23, 23:34   Link #247
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Don't forget Victima Propiciatoria. That has to get in (and George and Gaap too).

Old 2010-11-23, 23:40   Link #248
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

miragecoordinator plz kthnx

Also, a bunch of songs from Chiru, but that is unlikely for right now I guess, so... yeah...

... oh, and Fake Red Shoes for Beatrice vs Virgilia.
Old 2010-11-24, 00:00   Link #249
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
I mean, why position them that way?
With 10 characters, it is unlikely they can simply split the characters symetrically without having an odd row. For all intent and purpose, that's the only way for them to actually make 2 distinct sides without using a fancy shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
I wished Kanon's abitiliy drained SP instead of stopping the opponent from gaining any. Does his ability affect the opponent's waiting person also? That would be beast. And would it be nullified by Beatrice's ability anyway?
Kanon's ability only works on the benched character. The reason is simple: you do not gain any SP with the character on screen, only the benched character gains SP.
Which makes the switch system the core feature of the gameplay of ougon.

That said, this ability makes the use of the metafield even more annoying, since it is wasting one of your character ability should you activate the metafield too early or too late.
Old 2010-11-24, 00:27   Link #250
Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
With 10 characters, it is unlikely they can simply split the characters symetrically without having an odd row. For all intent and purpose, that's the only way for them to actually make 2 distinct sides without using a fancy shape.

Kanon's ability only works on the benched character. The reason is simple: you do not gain any SP with the character on screen, only the benched character gains SP.

That said, this ability makes the use of the metafield even more annoying, since it is wasting one of your character ability should you activate the metafield too early or too late.
.....Couldn't they just do 5 characters a row then? Currently, the character page is 6 on top, 4 on bottom. If they had done 5 a row, they would have made a rectangle, instead of a fat T. ONE set of characters will not be in a pair right next to each other. They will have Ange, Battler, Beatrice and Lucifer sandwiched between them on the character page. My guess is Ronove and Virgilia.

Again, just over-analyzing.

Last edited by Terras; 2010-11-24 at 00:47.
Old 2010-11-24, 01:01   Link #251
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Actually they can split them symmetrically up and down. Though I get where you're coming at. Two opposing sides are better split left and right.

We could still hope for two secret characters right

Old 2010-11-24, 01:10   Link #252
Mikachiru
test

Quote:

LOL awesome. If I remember correctly, it takes 2 special gauges to burst out of a combo (1st gameplay vid, Luci uses it in a ditto fight and switches to Battler). Meaning if Kanon catches someone when the switch in, he could activate the Metafield and start comboing without worrying they'll get out of it. More useful than I thought it would be. Nice. XD
Old 2010-11-24, 06:12   Link #253
stassy

Quote:
Why don't they just try to find somebody who actually knows the language before adding it in? Or you know... just not use it.
Quote:
Because it looks cool and no one really cares if it's grammically incorrect? It's kinda like in CS where you can replace the original annoucer with other voices. Jin's japanese VA pronouces Rebel as Reeball. Some people prefer the engrish over the euthusiastic annoucer. XD
The only game that I know that nearly got rid of cliches and bad translations typing from japanese to french was Sakura War 3, according to the hired translator it was one hell of a ride to correct the mistakes the scripters submitted to him at the beginning.
Also finding a french translator is not easy and cheap in japan
Old 2010-11-24, 10:25   Link #254
Serpit

Character profiles fro Ronove and Virgilia are up, as well as a new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862GKbHFCuI

Goddammit, we've seen enough of Beato and her towers already. At least it starts with Battler groping Ange <_>
Old 2010-11-24, 10:45   Link #255
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
At least it starts with Battler groping Ange <_>
And Kanon... AND Kanon!
Old 2010-11-24, 10:47   Link #256
DgBarca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
Character profiles fro Ronove and Virgilia are up, as well as a new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862GKbHFCuI

Goddammit, we've seen enough of Beato and her towers already. At least it starts with Battler groping Ange <_>
*Battler "groping" Kanon*
...what ?
Old 2010-11-24, 10:54   Link #257
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

They should have made that move working on female characters only, kinda like Johnny Cage's castrating move in MK that did nothing to Sonja.

I wonder how does it work against Ronove...

Old 2010-11-24, 11:45   Link #258
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I wonder how does it work against Ronove...
"Ooohh, you touch my pukuku... Mmmmm, My ding ding dong."
Old 2010-11-24, 11:53   Link #259
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is quite hilarious to hear Battler complaining it "feels gross" before gropping Kanon.
That video shows another interesting thing: they made some interactions as some voices clips are definitely specific (for example, Ange calls out Kanon by his name, and Battler also uttered his name by surprise).

Another note, but much more important: it seems normal switch "Touch" allows your tagging in character to benefit from the benched character's ability.
Switching becomes the core strategy in this game, truly interesting.
Old 2010-11-24, 11:57   Link #260
legomaple

the yaoi fan girls are happy chappy. Battler groped Kanon.

if only they showed Ronove in that video

btw, anyone get this error at the main paig as well?:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ogon/ on this server.
Closed Thread