AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-02-06, 19:31   Link #181
Archontic
Power of the Damager

Send a message via AIM to Archontic Send a message via MSN to Archontic
That's why I'm saying that I don't ask for much, but it still seems like excess to some people.

I don't particularly care if she likes anime or is particularly attractive, though.
Archontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 20:11   Link #182
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

My ideal guy... well, there's kind of two sides to it.

Looks-wise, I prefer guys with longer, straight hair, dark colors only (blond is a real turn-off for me, I'm not sure why). Must be taller than me--most of the short guys I've known have rather a bad attitude because of it--and not fat. A little heavy is fine, thin is great, skinny as a rail is not good at all. Light blue eyes creep me out, glasses make a guy look sexy. (If, of course, they are the right glasses, and not the thick stereotypical nerdy kind.) Nice smile is required, as is a laugh that doesn't make me feel sorry for him (I can't stand snorting or squealing.) No beards, definitely no mustaches or freaky sideburns, but I actually like a little bit of stubble--no all the time, but occasionally.

Personality is a bit more important, though if most of the physical traits aren't there he'll just end up as a friend. He has to have a sense of humor similar to mine, or we'd never get along; being able to make me laugh is a big part of what attracts me to a guy. Shared interests are a big deal, especially tabletop RPGs and anime, but so is being willing to learn about my interests and share his with me. He can't be too competitive with me, except in a teasing sort of way, since I'm the kind of person whose pride gets hurt easily. We need to agree enough on the big issues that when we disagree on the smaller ones, it's not a problem. He needs to get along well with his family, be willing to get to know mine, and like kids. He can't ask me to do anything that he wouldn't also be willing to do--ie, give up friends or hobbies, or do things that I believe are wrong. He needs to be the sort of guy who will treat me as an equal in everything, whether it's opening the door or paying for a date. And no matter how perfect he may otherwise be, if he makes me cry too much (I actually have a formula for this--three chances for the first month, with another one added every month) then that's it.

Heh, that was a lot longer than I expected it to be...and I'll be everyone's thinking I'm really picky now. Still, given that I have met my perfect guy (and he is now my boyfriend), I guess having high standards paid off? Or maybe I'm just really, really lucky, lol. The only area he could use a bit of work in is the liking kids thing-and there, he's great with them, and gets along well with his nieces and nephews, but just doesn't like kids in general.
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 20:33   Link #183
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

heck My type of girl would most likely be very head strong, she would most likly be very strict and tell me to do things. I like a woman with a back bone that can take charge. It may sound a bit silly but I would not mind being a stay at home husband and do the cooking and cleaning :3

though she would have to not try and change me and not be a hater of the things I like, she dose not have to like them but as long as she dose not care Im good with it.

lastly I like small women with long hair {I dont mean skinny I mean small like 5'4"} I like them because I can hold them on my knee comfortably ^-^
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 22:49   Link #184
EXEs
Hallelujah...

In all honesty, I don't really care what type of person she is. She can be Asian, European, African, American, I don't care. She can be short, tall, skinny, fat, brown, white, doesn't matter. She can be nice, mean, loving, caring, hating, intelligent, whatever. As long as I love that women, and she loves me, then it's fine.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 00:58   Link #185
GetBackers
Semper Fi

And the reason you love her is because there's something special about that one person that you love, so either way it's still kinda picking.
GetBackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 01:38   Link #186
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
My dream girl?

- She has to have a cute face
- Shorter than me
- Hygenic (lol)
- Able to keep up with my jumpy mind and converstations
- Able to read me (alot of people say I have a great poker face, and only my best friend can read me. Other than family of course)
- Not Hyper (I can't stand hyper girls)
*bonus* - she has to have little antics/nitpicks/etc. that I find cute (basically a moe-inducing personality. ex: clumsy at times, get's flustered [I love it when girls get flustered and blush])
Old 2008-02-07, 13:15   Link #187
Dxon
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
My dream girl?

- She has to have a cute face
- Shorter than me
- Hygenic (lol)
- Able to keep up with my jumpy mind and converstations
- Able to read me (alot of people say I have a great poker face, and only my best friend can read me. Other than family of course)
- Not Hyper (I can't stand hyper girls)
*bonus* - she has to have little antics/nitpicks/etc. that I find cute (basically a moe-inducing personality. ex: clumsy at times, get's flustered [I love it when girls get flustered and blush])
You won't find much of those girls. At least not around here.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 13:21   Link #188
Shiemi
Counting days

Physically, I've always liked black hair that is not curly. Can be wavy, but not too curly. I don't like skinny guys much and prefer tall men.

Personality-wise, ever since I was a teenager I used to like the type of macho guy that acted cold, that was extremely serious, organized, and that was a neat freak. That is, the entire opposite of my personality since I am very disorganized, considered sweet and passive by everyone , and not very serious. I used to find that kind of opposite personality guy cool. And ended up married to that kind. It didn't work. He was too violent and became more violent every year along with more addicted to violent video games plus as he was cold, he insulted me and humiliated me all the time and couldn't stand that I was clumsy and disorganized because he was "perfect." He also couldn't get a joke.

After the huge domestic violence ordeal, now I prefer passive, geeky, a bit funny at least, disorganized, anime loving (ex hated anime with a passion), bookworm, and... well... more like me. And he must definitely enjoy intimate life and at least some creativity in it.
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 19:54   Link #189
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
My list of "Criteria" I'm looking for (in a girl). They're rather general as I don't want to be too specific, as I realize that life is random and you can't always expect things to go the way you expect them to.

Quote:
Smart (but not a genius)
In University, or seeking an University-level education
No drugs, smoking, excessive drinking
Not ugly (but not freakishly pretty as well)
Won't use me
Seeking long-term relationship
No serious body disfigurations or illnesses
Doesn't hide behind make-up
Not shorter than 5"2 but not taller than 6"
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 21:26   Link #190
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

A girl that I probably I want is someone who is pretty, not really beautiful, probably average height, and the hair I don't think I really care, unless it's infested with lice or something . Her personality, someone really understanding, has nice personality, and really someone who don't get angry easily (contrast to me ). And well someone who is pretty smart, and I would prefer if she could cook, as I don't want to cook and can't cook, but if she can't I suppose I will just learn how to cook. Also a girl who has similar interest as me, like anime, and games. But yeah it would be near impossible to find someone like that.
Old 2008-02-08, 00:46   Link #191
GetBackers
Semper Fi

This reminds me of my first year in high school. One day at lunch, I sat at a table by myself (still was kinda new to the school). Eventually, these girls sat at the table next to me (tables were sorta connected but split). They were cute and were talking about anime and drawing pictures of Chobits. I keep thinking about how I could of talked to them and maybe gotten to know one of them but didn't do anything. If only I was "alittle" more used to the school. That's why now, I don't care how new I am to something, I'm gonna act my usually crazy and foolish self. Also if I see a chance for something, I'm gonna go for it. I could of walked over to them and been like....

"Hey, how are you girls doing? I see you all like anime too^^"

And could of went from there. I can't believe I just sat there, eating my lunch. I remember what I was eating too, Chicken Patty, love it! I was thinkin in my head too, I was like.... "Should I say something......?". I don't know where they are now, I don't see them anymore in school. -shrug-, oh well.... :/
Old 2008-02-08, 04:10   Link #192
aolas
King Of The Night Sky
*Graphic Designer

if someone asked me that, i will answer it with "I LOVE CUTE GIRLS!!!"
but the type that i really like is:
-she's younger than me, i dont care how much she younger than me, 1 month, 5 month, 3 year, or even 5 year whatever...

-she's shorter than me
-she has same religion with me
-she's care & love me
-she's has a cute face
-she's not smoking, drugs, & not money lover
aolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 12:12   Link #193
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Everyone has different tastes, but one thing which is universal is that people change a LOT between their late teens and late twenties. By then, your personality is usually set.

Be really careful not to make permanent commitments to the person you are with when you are young.... it usually doesn't work out when personality changes occur, unless you both have a strong cultural/religious society which encourages you to stay together.

... and since we're all anime fans who read message boards.... I would doubt many of us here follow the lifestyle of our culture/religion strongly.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 12:33   Link #194
GetBackers
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolas View Post
-she's not smoking, drugs, & not money lover
That's always Number 1 in looking for a woman. I hate women who smoke, it creeps me out. Plus, if your marry a smoker, don't expect for that person to live as long as you. Drinking is the same way, kills your brain cells. Money lovers mite seem okay at first, but eventually they'll turn into, "Love her job more then her Husband" type of woman.
Old 2008-02-08, 12:39   Link #195
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
It's rather amazing really....I honestly don't worry about this stuff...I have only had one Girl friend in my entire 15 years of life and we went out for a month...and then broke up because I moved from Indiana to Texas...it was very sadening, but anyways...I don't bother with this stuffs...It's less things to worry about. Perhaps one day I'll find that one..but till then, I'll go my own way and not worry about it..xD
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 11:31   Link #196
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I think everyone should date a lot of people who are outside of "their list". You might be surprised that you like some traits which are opposite to what you expected to like.

However, if you date a lot of people, you must go slowly in relationships... in other words, no hookups/shackups/knocked ups . If you often get your heart entangled with another person and then tear it away... you become jaded and cynical about love. Save intimacy for long-term relationships.
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 14:33   Link #197
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Just stay away from the whiny-naggy-bitchy type. Ive learned from my own experience and the experience of others that that kind of girl NEVER changes. They will whine till the end of time.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 14:40   Link #198
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Just stay away from the whiny-naggy-bitchy type.
Ya got a point there man i hate nagging
Old 2008-02-09, 20:13   Link #199
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
If she's like Kyou I'll gladly make her maiwaifu.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 21:01   Link #200
Knightmare213

For me, there are four stages that girls will have to go through for me to be attracted toward them.

1. Great looking eyes.
2. Beautiful/cute face.
3. Personality
4. Body.

Yeah... Putting two of the physical criteria before the personality thing seems shallow, but that's how I am. It's been like that ever since I was a 14-year-old kid...when I met this really great girl lovely brown eyes.

Also, I really can't decribe the criteria specifically because I never really cared in the first place. They can be part of any race and be from any ethinicity and I will NEVER look down on them. Even though they may not share my love for anime, that would be okay as long as they have great personality that I can get along with easily.

Body? Please. They can be chubbier than the next girl and I'll still consider that girl beautiful. Flat-chested? Bah...spare me the stereotypes. Who said that you have to have a 34-inch chest measurement to be considered beautiful?
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote