AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-13, 09:48   Link #1081
Haiprbim
Banned

I have a question over here and an answer in the spoiler tag would be really appreciated.

Through the Light Novel series, were there any romantic scenes at all, or any signs of falling for someone between Hachiman, Yukino, and Yui?
On short, were there any "deeper" feelings developed, and if there were, between who and how was it shown/explained?
I have this urge to read the LN since I love OreGairu (hence why it is in my signature), but I would like to get this question answered first.

Thank-you very much.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 13:09   Link #1082
F34R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
I have a question over here and an answer in the spoiler tag would be really appreciated.

Through the Light Novel series, were there any romantic scenes at all, or any signs of falling for someone between Hachiman, Yukino, and Yui?
On short, were there any "deeper" feelings developed, and if there were, between who and how was it shown/explained?
I have this urge to read the LN since I love OreGairu (hence why it is in my signature), but I would like to get this question answered first.

Thank-you very much.
From what I can remember from the anime + summaries:

Spoiler:

I've probably missed quite a few other encounters but this is what I can think of from the top of my head. Hope this helps answer your questions.
F34R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 14:13   Link #1083
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
From what I can remember from the anime + summaries:

Spoiler:
Would that actually work? Paying some guy off to take a doll out of the machine? I was thinking about trying that when I go on a date.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 14:26   Link #1084
Used Can

Quote:
Yukino cuts him off before he can finish his question and repeats her answer "We can never be friends" what differs now however, is that it can be interpreted as wanting to be "more" than friends.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-13, 15:37   Link #1085
F34R

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Would that actually work? Paying some guy off to take a doll out of the machine? I was thinking about trying that when I go on a date.
I honestly have no idea, but I seriously doubt it would in most occasions for number of reasons, like other people in the arcade noticing, the employee scared of manager, or the employee keeping proper work ethics. But who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
F34R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 15:53   Link #1086
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
I honestly have no idea, but I seriously doubt it would in most occasions for number of reasons, like other people in the arcade noticing, the employee scared of manager, or the employee keeping proper work ethics. But who knows?

Spoiler:
I would describe Hayato as someone who can only play the good guy and morally object to every solution to amend things rather than actually present one himself.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 17:27   Link #1087
Used Can

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-13, 20:03   Link #1088
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well well well......
Interesting ideas. Indeed.
I agree with the fact that most of the cast wants to keep the status quo as it is(Hachiman, Yukino, Saki, Ebina, Hayato). But we all know changes are inevitable. Either they face the changes or lose something very precious. Hachiman lost his almost non-existant reputation, and because of his stubbornness Yui lost a chance to confess.

I read a clearly inaccurate presumption, of Yukino "wanting to be more than friends" with Hachiman. Yukino is calculating enough not to associate herself with Hikki. Did you observe that most of the time they avoid people when they are out together somewhere. Also she practically saying "we can never be friends" is more like a threat than an invitation. I can't see a romantic underline in that. More likely Yukino would help Yui fulfill her wish of getting together with Hikki.

I'd like to draw an analogy here. I was a social outcast in my class (still am, but that is another issue) and I had a girl who was kinda like my female version(Just like Yukino and 8 man). we had some bickering and competition between us, but we never got to the friend level. If we go by the majority vote here, you'd say we could have hooked up based on Oregairu. But this was not the case clearly. She ended up making a few friends, while me, as Hachiman did, I destroyed my reputation(without the martyrdom) by being a stupid arrogant, naive bastard and left high-school alone.

And I would clearly state that people are not attracted to similar people romantically. They seek out people who "complete" them. This is the basis of the saying "You are making me whole" or "you complete me". We could enter into a debate about the validity of these affirmations and you can come up with exceptions, But if you think about it carefully you will find that this is the truth.

This is why I say that Yukino will not end up with Hikki. It is more like she will commit a social suicide too, to get him together with some other girl. Surely Yukino and Yui were talking about Hikki when they were left alone in her apartment that evening. And more likely Yukino has her own problems which I assume stem from her mother, and her upbringing. To me it looks like Yukino is under stress from these causes, and eventually she will need to relieve it, and being an outcast like Hikki, leaves only one option ...there is no better way to relieve stress than to commit social suicide.... <He-he-he>...oh.. this was sarcasm (When I relieved my stress it was "suicide" too, but at least I had no tension in me afterwards).....
Wish I had a reset button on life too...
Old 2013-08-13, 23:00   Link #1089
Miraluka
Banned

I wonder if some of you guys are ignoring the fact Yukino has noticed the hints from Yui's affection towards Hachi AND the fact that getting into a relationship with him will kill her last thread of hope of getting a true friend on Yui. Yukino wants a friend above all, she shares only one or two things in common with him but that stops there just because people shares similarities it doesn't means they're fated to be togher =__=;.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 01:03   Link #1090
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well said my friend.
If Hachiman caught up on the affection Yui shows him, then certainly Yukino must know it already too.
And as I said. The mysterious "girl's night" in 6th volume is even more convincing us of this particular theory
Old 2013-08-14, 04:39   Link #1091
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
How fair into the novels did the anime cover?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 04:55   Link #1092
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
How fair into the novels did the anime cover?
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2013-08-14, 05:30   Link #1093
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Cheers for that omega.

Now just to wait until there's enough material for another season...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 11:54   Link #1094
Shadow5YA

Any more info on volume 7.5?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 13:18   Link #1095
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Any more info on volume 7.5?
It comes for about a month before the game, it should be out by next week or something, if memory doesn't fail me.

BTW, here is a PV of the OVA, it looks like they sneaked a bunch of things on it, and I'm not sure of just like 6.5 , the content of 7.5 is going to be the same as the OVA (though that would make the most sense).

Shizukawaii in a wedding dress キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━( ゚∀)━(  ゚)━(  )━(  )━(゚  )━(∀゚ )━(゚∀゚)━━━!!
Old 2013-08-15, 05:14   Link #1096
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I wonder if some of you guys are ignoring the fact Yukino has noticed the hints from Yui's affection towards Hachi AND the fact that getting into a relationship with him will kill her last thread of hope of getting a true friend on Yui. Yukino wants a friend above all, she shares only one or two things in common with him but that stops there just because people shares similarities it doesn't means they're fated to be togher =__=;.
Appropriate development between the two for me is the most important thing when regarding relationships and personalities is just second.

Quote:
I'd like to draw an analogy here. I was a social outcast in my class (still am, but that is another issue) and I had a girl who was kinda like my female version(Just like Yukino and 8 man). we had some bickering and competition between us, but we never got to the friend level. If we go by the majority vote here, you'd say we could have hooked up based on Oregairu. But this was not the case clearly. She ended up making a few friends, while me, as Hachiman did, I destroyed my reputation(without the martyrdom) by being a stupid arrogant, naive bastard and left high-school alone.
I see that you are basing it solely on your own experience rather than the unpredictability when it comes to romance

Quote:
And I would clearly state that people are not attracted to similar people romantically. They seek out people who "complete" them. This is the basis of the saying "You are making me whole" or "you complete me". We could enter into a debate about the validity of these affirmations and you can come up with exceptions, But if you think about it carefully you will find that this is the truth.
I actually agree on this one. sometimes you end up with someone unexpectedly. in the case of Yui and Hachiman they have similarities but still they have differences. for example there are showbiz couples who end up married for a very long time despite having similar jobs.

I'm just emphasizing that there is still room for development. because we cannot fully comprehend romance, like seeing couples looking perfect together end up separating even involving violence. we could just wait and see what happens
Old 2013-08-15, 08:38   Link #1097
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Shizukawaii in a wedding dress キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━( ゚∀)━(  ゚)━(  )━(  )━(゚  )━(∀゚ )━(゚∀゚)━━━!!
Heh, I was grinning like an idiot when I saw that.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2013-08-15 at 13:30. Reason: how the heck did I quote another post instead of this one....
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 12:04   Link #1098
Tenzen12

Where?! I need see that as well!
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 12:22   Link #1099
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
Appropriate development between the two for me is the most important thing when regarding relationships and personalities is just second.
Yes, but so far in the story Yukino still has received the most development while Yui's character is at a standstill. Volume 5 was all about "What is Yukinoshita Yukino to me?" even if Yui got a chance to go out with Hachiman. Volume 6 had them making up, and Volume 7 had the first time Yukino actually cared enough to get angry at what Hachiman did.
Meanwhile most of Yui's development can be boiled down to "I want to get closer" then getting shot down on multiple occasions (end of volume 2, 5, and 7).

I agree Yukino isn't at the position to want to date Hachiman either, but in my opinion Yui is even farther from than she is.

Quote:
I actually agree on this one. sometimes you end up with someone unexpectedly. in the case of Yui and Hachiman they have similarities but still they have differences. for example there are showbiz couples who end up married for a very long time despite having similar jobs.
You could say the same for Yukino though. Hachiman noted their similarities early on in the series, but the end of volume 6 had him specifically comment that the two were different, which is what made their conversations so refreshing to him.

Quote:
I'm just emphasizing that there is still room for development. because we cannot fully comprehend romance, like seeing couples looking perfect together end up separating even involving violence. we could just wait and see what happens
Of course, but Yui and Hachiman's relationship need a lot more development than Yukino and Hachiman do. Currently it seems that Yui's affection is one-sided, and Hachiman only reacts to her for purely physical reasons (because she is a nice, attractive girl making a move on him, not because she is Yui)
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 13:31   Link #1100
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Where?! I need see that as well!
Refer to Okashira's post above..

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck