AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-02, 16:37   Link #121
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Nice twist. It gives you a look into a possible future.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 16:38   Link #122
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
You aren't getting rid of them that easily. They'll be back sooner than you think.
*cue sinister music and foreshadowing Kira sillouette*

Anyway I still somewhat wish they would drop the blue/white/red colour scheme one of these days. Seriously its not like the series will instantly fail if they do.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 16:40   Link #123
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Seriously its not like the series will instantly fail if they do.
It could do with a new feature --- MAYBE A MUSTACHE! <3
Old 2007-06-02, 16:44   Link #124
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I was speaking about C.E. as a series and it's longevity as a universe...I'm not that ignorant, I know SEED The Movie will have Moses and Mary lovers over-flowing the temple...
Further CE TV series are now unlikely, but not OVAs/movies. Fukuda & Morosawa actually produce relatively good OVAs with none of their shortcomings from TV broadcasts (unlimited production time FTW), and an ongoing OVA series is possible and will certainly extend the longevity of the universe (Cyber Formula's OVA series (plural) extended the life of that universe by 10 years).

Plus OVAs and movies ARE generally targeted at older crowds anyway, all the more perfect for the "now adult" Seed crowd. So CE is not dead yet, at least not for some time, unless there is visible evidence.

Last edited by brightman; 2007-06-02 at 17:17.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 16:44   Link #125
_X12A_Testament

Is anyone else getting a sentai vibe from this?! I hope it isn't like that.....
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 16:51   Link #126
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100587 View Post
Finally something to look forward to. It will be interesting to see what j-pop artist they choose to do the theme music.
I've been wondering that too! I thought I was the only person that thought about this!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 16:58   Link #127
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
I was speaking about C.E. as a series and it's longevity as a universe...I'm not that ignorant, I know SEED The Movie will have Moses and Mary lovers over-flowing the temple...

As for the Code Geass debate ya'll were having earlier..I think Code Geass does wonders for this new Gundam and won't hurt at all...I think Code Geass has proven (Perhaps to Bandai aswell) you can have Bishie-looking characters and seemingly superficial character relationships catered to fangirls and "younger-fans", yet at the same time have very dark, logical, and adult based themes that satisfiy intellectuals or those seeking true-grit (With good drama and dialouge aswell)...I have no problem with it competing with or furthering CG's example (obviously with it's own story)...

Oh snap! Geass is now SMART!
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 17:10   Link #128
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Further CE TV series are now unlikely, but not OVAs/movies. Fukuda & Morosawa actually produce relatively good OVAs with none of their shortcomings from TV broadcasts (unlimited production time FTW), and an ongoing OVA series is possible and will certainly extends the longevity of the universe (Cyber Formula's OVA series (plural) extended the life of that universe by 10 years).
From C.E.'s inception all that we had heard was it was created to try and become this generations' "UC" with several series developing within the constraints of this new timeline...That's seemingly finished now and it will basically be just another AU with some OVA's...That's vastly different from being the NEW TIMELINE FOR THE NEXT ERA OF GUNDAM...So in that sense the longevity of the universe is quite limited and I highly doubt even in OVA form they'll deviate from the "cash-cow" characters of Kira, Lacus, and company thus not really furthering the scope of the universe...And honestly as I've said IMO several times after GSD, "There's nothing really left to tell..." Ep 50, Final Plus, SPIV, shows you all you need to know ...

Quote:
Plus OVAs and movies ARE generally targeted at older crowds anyway, all the more perfect for the "now adult" Seed crowd. So CE is not dead yet, at least not for some time, unless there is visible evidence.
Anything in THAT direction is something we can agree on....But Gundam 00 is the new girl next door right now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th
Oh snap! Geass is now SMART!
Subjective for sure^^, but in comparison to GSD quite welcomed...
Old 2007-06-02, 17:18   Link #129
Critias

Uh this might just be me, or did anyone else see the first gundam (with the gun in the sky), just lock its V-antenna over its eyes, like a visor?

I mean, at first when its coming down, you don't really see the glowing camera lens (?) until the V-antenna lowers to reveal it, then it glows.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 17:27   Link #130
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
I'm intrigued. So far, it sounds kinda like Wing, possibly more "realistic". These new machines may have Victory style tech (Since Turn A is just too much) right out of the box, the lack of main backpack thrusters only confirms this. They aren't bristling with weapons so reused scenes are almost impossible. The sound effects sounded slightly different than what I remembered from SEED...

Wing, while it has nothing on UC, I still like for some unknown reason... I'm getting nostalgic...
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 17:30   Link #131
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It could do with a new feature --- MAYBE A MUSTACHE! <3
Oh god yes. A moustache would be win. Maybe a horn too! Oh wai....
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 18:09   Link #132
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Ok, Did you guys forget what Miyakawa (Sunrise guy) and Kazunori (Bandai's CGO) said in that interview or are you guy's simply ignoring them?

I thought they made it clear that they want to capture a 3rd fanbase (obviously with Gundam 00), And not want to replace CE...They even said they want to introduce more story into CE in the future.

I Mean Come On! DVD sales are like 10 times better then those of Suzumiya Haruhi, The characters have been dominating *whatever* Anime poll for the past four years, The OST's always manage to hit the top 5 in Oricon, ect, ect..

And you guy's think they are just gonna drop everything and completely focus on something new?!?...Com’on! get real!! This is Bandai were talking about
Old 2007-06-02, 18:52   Link #133
NeonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X12A_Testament View Post
Is anyone else getting a sentai vibe from this?! I hope it isn't like that.....
Sentai? More like Kamen Rider- I can't help but remember Tendou while looking at the character with the scarf.

"Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything."

However, this is just a teaser... Shinn did look much more like a professional soldier in the early SEED Destiny teasers than he turned out to be in the series.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 19:00   Link #134
_X12A_Testament

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
Sentai? More like Kamen Rider- I can't help but remember Tendou while looking at the character with the scarf.

"Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything."

However, this is just a teaser... Shinn did look much more like a professional soldier in the early SEED Destiny teasers than he turned out to be in the series.
I guess I should have been more clear, but I mean in terms of the Gundams design and what looks like to be a team dynamic. From this brief impressions, the designs are kind of too similar right now, where the only difference is the color and the specialty. The blue one is speed and melee, the Green one is massive assault weapons, the black one is beam weapons and possibly MA mode... Where is the pink one? Will there be an "evil" red one that will join the team later? Can they all transform into one giant MS ala voltron?
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 19:03   Link #135
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
But anyway, they need to attract both male and female watchers because males buy gunpla while females buy dvds/cds. If they want to sell both they need to do a good job of keeping the interest of everyone. So hopefully they learned a lesson from Destiny and don't completely alienate the gunpla crowd.
I am more concerned about Gundam going back into the Wing dilemna issue (Concerning hentai and such) With The character design being done by a yaoi artist, we can pretty kiss any straight H goodbye. And just when Lacus saved the hentai industry someone else wrecked it...
Old 2007-06-02, 19:14   Link #136
watanabe43
Justified and ancient

Time for me to return from hiding, I only really post when there is a new Gundam series around

Sounds and looks interesting, though I am a bit suspicious of 'slimmed down' mecha merely allowing for more megagodmod upgrading later on...

Still, I refuse to accept Gundam as a mere toy commercial, previous productions have proved far more and I hope 00 continues the tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 598 View Post
So far, it sounds kinda like Wing, possibly more "realistic".
In which case guess the 'Celestial Beings' will be renamed 'Good Guys' or something if it appears on Cartoon Network - 'Great Destroyer' my arse. Not to mention the infamous disco guns of course.
Old 2007-06-02, 19:17   Link #137
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO @ all the guys in here admitting to watching "Loveless"...Since I don't watch boy-yaoi the character designs won't remind me of something I don't watch...Based on that teaser I see nothing overtly yaoi about them, but I don't watch yaoi so i may be wrong ...
Old 2007-06-02, 19:20   Link #138
rtwesen

hey that actually looks pretty cool. The characters feel like they harbour some dark secret, with those stern expressions and fake-ish smile.

The assumed lead boy(girl? haha?) looks as if he's not the nice and perfect kind of person, which is bloody welcome in my books.
rtwesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 19:24   Link #139
watanabe43
Justified and ancient

Quote:
LMAO @ all the guys in here admitting to watching "Loveless"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Gundam with a loli heroine would be extremely screwy ...
Gundam with loli and catboy pilots, now that would be something different for Sunrise...

Last edited by watanabe43; 2007-06-02 at 19:25. Reason: Spelling
watanabe43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 19:40   Link #140
sx3
0 Gundam

omg.. that looks great!, it reminds me of the oldschool gundam with the music and everything. i cant wait..
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers