AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 77 37.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 65 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.95%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-08, 11:42   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

[Mai Otome] Episode 22 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Mai-Otome.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Be aware that due to the very nature of these threads, current episode content will be discussed without the use of Spoiler tags. Also, since these threads go up early, unrestrained speculation about the upcoming episode will be knee-deep. If you haven't seen the Episode, I would advise you not to click into the thread prior to the Fan-sub release, or don't complain if you're spoiled.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=My Otome]The Frank Burns reference is in homage to an old American TV show.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...
Spoiler for My Otome:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-03-15 at 10:30.
Old 2006-03-08, 13:07   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm actually speculating that

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-08, 13:08   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sorry for my double post.

I'm just intrigued that judging from Mai's appeareance in the last episode's preview shot, nothing came wrong with her personality. That she hasn't been swayed.
Old 2006-03-08, 13:23   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Post My Expectations

- Arika loses to Tomoe and Chie ... since it's Chie it's ok to lose
- Mai appears ... please don't appear in the last 3 sec of the show
- Midori loses to Fia ... did all powerful Midori actualy win anyting in the show thus far
- Miyu saves the day ... actualy this feels more like a premonition
- Mikoto (cat) kicks ass ... I can just see it now ... waves of Mikoto falling from the sky ...
- last little hope would be a scene where they use track 21 (Zakoku na Mai - Nozomanu Tata) from ost 2 ... that track has Mai writen all over it

Ohhh yeah ... my gratest expectation is that we'll have tons of great gif material

Some questions :

Why are they fighting during the day ... what ?! obsidian otome are scared of the dark
What do you suppose Sergay tells Arika ... maybe he finally completly dumps her ... c'mon Sergay ... if you love her dump her ... if you hate her dump her ... we know you're the only one who can bring back the old Arika (chearfull go lucky idiot) ... this hole love and lose thing that Arika has is sickaning ... I don't mind other caracters having these kind of things but the main caracter should be better ... even if it's unrealistic and a little stupid I like to think it would be better
Old 2006-03-08, 13:48   Link #5
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm looking forward to how they'll use Mai in this episode, but judging from what we saw of Mikoto last episode, I think I'll be expecting simply a cameo right now, nothing big.

Other than that, I'd like to see these Valkyries in action. This reminds me of the Mai-HiME manga, where there was an aritificial type of HiME called... actually I can't remember. Were they Valkyries then? or maybe Princesses. Uhh.. anyway, let's see how Tomoe does against Arika. I have no doubt in my mind Arika will pull a victory out of her ass because of the Souten no Seigyouku, but oh well.

I don't know what the hell the North Hound is gonna do now. Does he intend to throw it all away? Once again he has to make a hard decision.
Old 2006-03-08, 13:57   Link #6
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I'm looking forward to how they'll use Mai in this episode, but judging from what we saw of Mikoto last episode, I think I'll be expecting simply a cameo right now, nothing big.
I wouldn´t be especially surprised if we won´t get to see much more of Mai than what was shown in the preview + a line or two. I would be fairly disappointed but not surprised.

I hope this episode will move us closer to the climax an ending of the show. There have been enough sulking, which so far has made the story stand still, now it´s time for our heroines to get pissed off and materialize instead.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-03-08, 14:07   Link #7
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I'm actually speculating that

Spoiler:

I don't think there's any need to do it. Smith has already reassured them that the Valkyries won't betray them (Which means they'll remain loyal to Schwarz and Nagi)

Sergay obviously is trying for something but at the moment he'll do what Nagi orders him to do. The fact that he was pleased to have Chie come on board is probably evidence of that.
Old 2006-03-08, 14:56   Link #8
Mirtual

Can't wait to see the episode.
I really hope we get to see some real action in this episode.

I am really curious to see how Asward vs who ever tries to stop them will work out.

And I can hardly wait to see some Miyu action.
Old 2006-03-08, 15:27   Link #9
ChOkObItO

Send a message via MSN to ChOkObItO
I'm afraid, how many episodes are to the final of the show? cauz 26 are too poor for that history, and we didn't see any of the other otomes in action, even the five pillars together. I need more Otome >o<!

About this week's chapter...i want more Maki-Maki show xDDD
Old 2006-03-08, 17:32   Link #10
katsumi
ghostly member

Well, it's been said to be "only" 26 episodes, so I guess we have to hope and see how Sunrise handles this one

5 remaining - they still can do it... as mentioned before we're in a big story arc now.
My hopes for 22: get moving!
And some Miyu in action
And Mai!!

Oh, and I wanna know: What's that maki maki all about? I get the very weired feeling there's more to it than just comic relief, but well, I could be sooo wrong...
Old 2006-03-08, 19:04   Link #11
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

My predictions (probably very wrong):

Somehow Arika manages to beat the Valkyrie team (some plot device will probably help her) and kills at least one of them, Then the next episode we have a very depressed Arika.
Midori and gang kick some Carlteyan asses and meet up with Nao and Natsuki who again end up doing nothing important.
Mai appears...in Sergei's flashback.

Old 2006-03-08, 19:49   Link #12
alangaruku

I'm not going to get excited about Mai in the ep. preview.
The way this series is going she most likly going to be a
short 3 sec cameo at the end of the episode, or a flashback.
Old 2006-03-08, 23:46   Link #13
GameSky

Waiting for Mai to show off some skills >_<

Hopefully no teasers for ep 22
Old 2006-03-09, 00:15   Link #14
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
My predictions (probably very wrong):

Somehow Arika manages to beat the Valkyrie team (some plot device will probably help her) and kills at least one of them, Then the next episode we have a very depressed Arika.
Midori and gang kick some Carlteyan asses and meet up with Nao and Natsuki who again end up doing nothing important.
Mai appears...in Sergei's flashback.

....no no no please no.. i don wanna to see anymore arika under depression mode..

since sergei never mentioned or have any flash back for mai , i don think the person of mai lover is sergei...to me its too late for that plot to develop anywhere in this series.
Old 2006-03-09, 00:49   Link #15
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
....no no no please no.. i don wanna to see anymore arika under depression mode..

since sergei never mentioned or have any flash back for mai , i don think the person of mai lover is sergei...to me its too late for that plot to develop anywhere in this series.
Have you forgotten about Reito = Ani-Hue?
It's true that Reito has been revealed as the OL earlier, but ep. 22 is around the time of Mikoto's re-appearance in MH.

Besides, even if Sunrise decided to stick in Yuuichi as a separate entity from Sergay in a non-speaking role, they would still have to explain what happened between him and Mai.
Declaring Sergay as the MO universe's Yuuichi would actually save more screen time.
Old 2006-03-09, 02:30   Link #16
GameSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
Have you forgotten about Reito = Ani-Hue?
It's true that Reito has been revealed as the OL earlier, but ep. 22 is around the time of Mikoto's re-appearance in MH.

Besides, even if Sunrise decided to stick in Yuuichi as a separate entity from Sergay in a non-speaking role, they would still have to explain what happened between him and Mai.
Declaring Sergay as the MO universe's Yuuichi would actually save more screen time.
Oh no...more teasers if Sunrise did it like that
Old 2006-03-09, 02:53   Link #17
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Yuuichi is not gonna say a word if he appears...

Seiyuu = Blacklisted.
Old 2006-03-09, 03:03   Link #18
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Yuuichi is not gonna say a word if he appears...

Seiyuu = Blacklisted.
And really, that'd be fine because Seki Tomokazu is not all that he's cracked up to be. I already didn't like Yuuichi, but his voice made me dislike him tons more @_@ just... so annoying.

Much like everyone else. I hope that Mai showing up is more than just someone alluding to her whilst showing that pic. But considering how this whole series has been... who knows, really. Could be wrong though. There are all those pictures of Mikoto and Mai in the new magazines, soooo~ *stays hopeful for a little while longer*
Old 2006-03-09, 04:01   Link #19
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
I don't think there's any need to do it. Smith has already reassured them that the Valkyries won't betray them (Which means they'll remain loyal to Schwarz and Nagi)
I believe you've mis-read Guido...

Guido said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Spoiler:
Which is completely opposite to what you said.
Old 2006-03-09, 04:23   Link #20
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

My Predictions
-More fighting teasers
-Plotlines deal with the aftermath
-Story moves along

Its obvious to me by now there wont be heavy fighting of any kind throughout the series. Which isnt so bad because the series is still watchable. Its all about what happens after the fighting which they never show. I guess it saves in animation costs?

Maki Maki. Chie appeared to her in the episode. I want to see what happens there. If indeed the valkeries cant betray smith/nagi then what did she do to her? Also, are those letters sent to Yukino of Ealis (sp?) traps (if sent after she became a valk)? If she can betray them and theyre unaware, then maybe she uses Maki Maki to do anti-nagi stuff for her.
Closed Thread