AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 21.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 16.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 25.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 19.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 9.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.37%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-16, 19:10   Link #321
phizzy
私は美少女じゃないか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
Though I would gladly try this Melancholy of Hahiru Suzumiya if it did cast Aya Hirano...
... I'll be in my bunk.
Old 2009-08-16, 19:53   Link #322
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

I really liked this episode. I was having fun throughout it all, much like *gasp* season 1!

And the ending was really great!
Old 2009-08-16, 20:04   Link #323
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Thank you for getting this back on topic... I hope.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-16, 20:23   Link #324
Midonin
Last Engage

I know a lot and yet nothing about what's coming up, and an arc of "behind-the-scenes" and adventures in amateur moviemaking sounds like a fun way to wrap up the filling-in-the-gaps part of the series. I know I've tried making several amateur movies myself. With varying levels of success.

I'm ready for more.
Old 2009-08-16, 20:53   Link #325
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

This won't be an ordinary "Making Of" story, I'll guarantee that much. This is Haruhi, after all.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-16, 20:55   Link #326
OkamiNoKaze

I often explain to people that it's like the show Dexter, with a supernatural bend. But wow are we getting off topic
Old 2009-08-16, 21:14   Link #327
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

To keep us even more on topic: once again if you missed it, a.f.k. subs are out!

I gave this talky, set up episode a 9... the next episode should be loaded with good reaction shots when Haruhi lets everyone know what her movie is about!
Old 2009-08-16, 21:43   Link #328
Friday
Im shy too...

poor yuki.....

haruhi what did you do to her......
Old 2009-08-16, 22:31   Link #329
OkamiNoKaze

Well just finished watching the A.F.K version. I like that they took the time to translate what was written on their head bands, those were pretty funny. some of them quite fitting. Not sure what they really have to do with though. That's one thing I like about the way they do the subs, they take the time to translate the Japanese characters, often times replacing them, like in Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.
Old 2009-08-16, 22:34   Link #330
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
^ Oh, God, agreed. I laughed the hardest to "Without Precedent."

Last edited by Dakota; 2009-08-16 at 22:35. Reason: *point*
Old 2009-08-16, 23:41   Link #331
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Meh, average episode. I really don't have any interest in the making of the movie that was shown in S1.

Also I'm starting to dislike Haruhi as a person. I can't believe that she was actually going to purposely spill hot tea on Kyon. If I was was in his position I would give her cold stare and firmly say, "Are you serious?" Right now she's a brat and she needs to learn her place.
I fullheartly agree... Her incident with Mikuru with the tea shown her true colors...

Anyways, the Episode was okay, but not great... The animation quality irk me a bit... is Haruhi K-ON!? K-ON's Art style works great with K-ON!, but not Haruhi. Although K-ON! is a good show in my opinion, applying it to Haruhi doesn't give the same feeling as the animation quality in the first season. It's just like applying Lucky Star's animation and art style with Haruhi for example... the results won't be that great. Overall, the episode was good, but not as great, so I have to give a 7/10 for this one... Hopefully they will revert back their art style, but the way they going, I doubt it.

The only funny part is the camcorder.... It's a Blu-ray... a Beta... and now Sony Mini DV camera... It's a Sony!
Old 2009-08-16, 23:43   Link #332
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't understand the head band's meaning(i watched afk subbed btw)... were they supported to be something completely random?
Old 2009-08-17, 00:15   Link #333
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Personally, I prefer this new art style over the previous. The slightly more elongated faces and showcased features -- visible (K-On!) teeth included -- allow for pretty varied facial expressions, as wonderfully demonstrated by this episode. Though I agree that background animation, not art, in general needs stepping up.

Will rate after watching for the 3rd time with a.f.k.'s subs.
Old 2009-08-17, 00:28   Link #334
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Personally, I prefer this new art style over the previous. The slightly more elongated faces...
Thanks for pointing that out. I knew that even Haruhi's face had been changed from Season 1, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what exactly was the change. Well, I knew her face had been K-Onified, but in practical artistic terms (i.e. a basic description of how its drawn differently) I wasn't sure how to put it.

You're right - the main change in Haruhi's face is how its been elongated. Now I know one specific reason (with out referring to K-On) for why I preferred her Season 1 look - smaller, rounder faces tends to equal "cuter" for me. Also, with a smaller, rounder face, Haruhi's Season 1 open smiles were angler - triangle-shaped, rather than circular. That, too, just looks cuter/more unique to me than circular open smiles.
Old 2009-08-17, 01:38   Link #335
VentAileron

They went for more varying facial expressions indeed. Haruhi is back as what it used to be if you ask me. Kyon's out-of-the-ordinary remarks and Haruhi being Haruhi got me laughing. Sighs being the most boring story arc? I bet these few episodes will proof otherwise.
Old 2009-08-17, 02:13   Link #336
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentAileron View Post
They went for more varying facial expressions indeed. Haruhi is back as what it used to be if you ask me. Kyon's out-of-the-ordinary remarks and Haruhi being Haruhi got me laughing. Sighs being the most boring story arc? I bet these few episodes will proof otherwise.
It's not that Sighs is boring... there are other reasons why people dislike it, as you'll soon see.
Old 2009-08-17, 02:39   Link #337
VentAileron

Sure. If only I knew where to look. Anime? Forums? The novel itself? What am I looking for anyway?
Old 2009-08-17, 02:41   Link #338
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Wait a few episodes and you will understand why no one likes Sighs.
Old 2009-08-17, 02:43   Link #339
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Or just go to the novels...

Better wait, though. Kyoani adaptation are pretty good, so few things are lost.

PP:
I disagree with Kaisos, btw. I don't like Sighs because I think it is boring. Few things happen and the book is not small. It could be just me, however.
Old 2009-08-17, 02:45   Link #340
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Worst case scenario, they extend something longer than it needs to be.

Too soon?
Closed Thread