AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-10, 10:12   Link #1
Kittie Rose

A COOL GUY anime.

I want to watch an anime with COOL GUYS who just lean around being all cool with shades and crazy hairdos and get into crazy fights with one another.

I guess kind of like Bleach, but less Shonen-ish(pow0r levels get so annoying). More focus on the COOL GUYS. And also less Village People than Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Old 2007-11-10, 11:42   Link #2
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi it good anime with Fight...

that was On in my mind or now...hope you like it...
Old 2007-11-10, 12:10   Link #3
Saleh
Inactive

Recommending Code Geass, Gundam series, Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X. You may also like Kaze no Stigma and Fate /Stay night.
Old 2007-11-10, 12:33   Link #4
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann It's all about Uber GAR Cool Awesome guys. The beginning will seem really childish/shounenish. But it gets better.
Old 2007-11-10, 13:07   Link #5
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

there is also new anime Jyushin Enbu - Hero Tales & Rental Magica...
Old 2007-11-10, 14:37   Link #6
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Samurai Champloo

Seriously what's better than rapping samurai and kickin' ass breakdancing samurai
Old 2007-11-10, 18:38   Link #7
tbl
Affably Evil

I second Lelouch from Code Geass as well as Gurren Lagann. Kamina and later Simon bleed epicness. Also Alucard from Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate (which is better), uber-badass (rates in at about 5 Samuel L. Jacksons).
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-11-11, 04:26   Link #8
Echoes

School Rumble's lead, Harima Kenji, is pretty damn cool, and he wears sunglasses to boot. Of course, this is a school comedy, so it's not focused on fighting, though he does get into a fair bit of it.
Quote:
Also Alucard from Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate (which is better), uber-badass (rates in at about 5 Samuel L. Jacksons).
Seconded. Also, hilarious rating.
Old 2007-11-11, 09:55   Link #9
Kittie Rose

Already watching Code Geass, great stuff. Not quite the same cool guy I was looking for but it's a very good anime.

I'll check out School Rumble, it seems interesting. Could do with a lighthearted affair.
Old 2007-11-11, 20:15   Link #10
Tri-ring

Here is a classic for you, Space adventure Cobra.
Great opening too.

Space Adventure Cobra
Old 2007-11-11, 20:27   Link #11
Geass
~Power of the King~

I second Kazuma of Kaze no Stigma, you can't get much cooler than him (especially in the novel). I was actually planning on creating a topic like this looking for more characters like Kazuma.

~My recommended list~
Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma (cool fights? check.).
Demon-Eyes Kyo from Samurai Deeper Kyo (manga only, ignore the anime, plenty of really cool fights and good hair.)
Ban Mido from GetBackers (this series is exactly what you're looking for, Ban has purple shades, gravity-defying hair, and participates in countless cool fights.)

Last edited by Geass; 2007-11-11 at 20:38.
Old 2007-11-11, 20:34   Link #12
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Naru from Ghost Hunt is probably a walking definition of a cool guy, though there isn't any "real fighting", but it's still amazing none-the-less.
Old 2007-11-11, 20:35   Link #13
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Naru from Ghost Hunt is probably a walking definition of a cool guy, though there isn't any "real" fighting, but it's still amazing none-the-less.
Naru! He practically defines one "subtype" of cool guys, but I don't quite think he's what the thread starter was looking for (he has fairly normal hair and doesn't do much personal combat).
Old 2007-11-11, 20:44   Link #14
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
you want a "cool guy" then check out Midori no Hibi, Kanon, Air, Suzumiya Haruhi, Gundam 00, Dragonaut The Resonance, Kaiji, Night Wizard The Animation, or Clannad

Top Recommendations:
Midori no Hibi... hmm how can anyone not say the main character is the definition of a "cool guy" (notice the bold, underline, and italics). Everyone in the school fears him and not one person is capable of laying a finger on him. Enough said.

Dragonaut The Resonance's protagonist is a chill guy whose family is literally torn apart and he feels alone in the world. However, he's very talented and for some reason a certain chick feels the need to "be there" for him.

Gundam 00 is just full of "cool guys", first off this series is just insane as far as the graphics go and the character design is awesome; Michinori Chiba did an awesome job, "The key to Setsuna's design is his eyes... that you'd never forget once you saw them". Storyline is great too, and even if you haven't seen any Gundam series, there is no need to worry, this series requires no prerequisite, and you can trust me since I myself have yet to see even one Gundam series, let alone an Episode xD

In the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (English Title) Kyon proves himself to be the ultimate "cool guy", hes just completely indifferent to everything around him and is able to keep Suzumiya pleased(for lack of better words haha)

Kanon, Air, and Clannad may not be "your cup of tea" but I personally love these series. Anyways all the main characters are similar to Kyon in the sense that they are indifferent to their surroundings and always seem to do well with the "women folk". Yuuichi(of Kanon) is my favorite character since he's able to keep his head up high even when theres so much sh*t going on around him. If you like anime that gets you thinking and messes with your emotions then I'd recommend any of those (and no I'm not a KyoAni "fanboy")

Night Wizard is a bit iffy but the guys definitely a "cool guy" if you consider the fact that he's supposedly a Knight (demon sword user) and he fights alot... this is the last thing I'd recommend if your low on time, but if you have the free time it wouldn't hurt to check out this series <.<

Edit: forgot to comment on Kaiji haha, well I myself haven't watched it... I just download it and upload it <.< but according to anyone I've talked to about it, it is apparently a really good series and the main character deals with alot of "cool guy" stuff ... shoot how can "a bum who steals car emblems and slashes tires on what seems to be a regular basis"(ANN) not be a "cool guy". The English Title is Ultimate Survivor Kaiji, maybe you can let that name do the talking :S
Old 2007-11-11, 21:15   Link #15
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
Edit: forgot to comment on Kaiji haha, well I myself haven't watched it... I just download it and upload it <.< but according to anyone I've talked to about it, it is apparently a really good series and the main character deals with alot of "cool guy" stuff ... shoot how can "a bum who steals car emblems and slashes tires on what seems to be a regular basis"(ANN) not be a "cool guy". The English Title is Ultimate Survivor Kaiji, maybe you can let that name do the talking :S
I will say, Kaiji is not so much on the eyes, in fact, no one from the anime is. But shomazta is correct in what he says. When it gets down to serious business, Kaiji is most definitely a cool guy.
Old 2007-11-12, 00:43   Link #16
tbl
Affably Evil

This my list:
Rurouni Kenshin - Kenshin (both Battōsai/benevolent hero personas)
Trigun - Vash
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Kyon
Kanon 06 - Yuichi
Clannad - Tomoya
Kaze no Stigma
Hellsing - Alucard
Black Cat - Train Heartnet
Gundam Wing - Heero Yuy
Code Geass- Lelouch Lamperouge
Death Note - Light
Area 88 - Shin Kazama
Bleach - Ichigo
Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny - Kira. Arguable, but he does have his moments, especially in Destiny.
Tokko - Ranmaru Shindo
Gantz - Kei Kurono. The anime ended before Kei really stepped up, also he wasn't as much of a pervert in the manga.
Full Metal Panic - Sousuke Sagara. He's awesomeness in combat makes up for his awkwardness.
Gurren Lagann - Simon and Kamina
Fullmetal Alchemist - Edward Elric
D.Gray-man - Allen Walker
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - Kenichi. Just makes the list.
Spiral - Narumi Ayumu
Darker than Black - Hei
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto - Akitsuki
Devil May Cry - Dante
Gankutsuou - The Count
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni - Keiichi (especially Kei)
Sōkyū no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Kazuki Makabe
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-11-12, 06:27   Link #17
Kittie Rose

I prefer cool guys that aren't all indifferent/apathetic. Apathy kinda annoys me IRL but in anime it's mainly just overdone. I kinda like cool guys like Ichigo from Bleach for that reason.

Either way, surprised nobody suggested Gun X Sword.
Old 2007-11-12, 07:59   Link #18
Geass
~Power of the King~

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
I prefer cool guys that aren't all indifferent/apathetic. Apathy kinda annoys me IRL but in anime it's mainly just overdone. I kinda like cool guys like Ichigo from Bleach for that reason.

Either way, surprised nobody suggested Gun X Sword.
Hmm, not indifferent...does this picture fit the "cool with shades and crazy hairdos" image that you wanted?

Old 2007-11-12, 23:53   Link #19
kjk8288
Caffein &gt; Sleep

Light from death note is by far the most manipulative and kickass guy you would find. His tactics and methods are by far the most mind blowing. He manages to keep everything under control including his 2 identities, and manages to be popular among everyone around him while manipulating all of them at the same time. He does lose his cool at the very end though. His ability to kill hundreds and hundreds of people without any remorse is what definately makes him unique.
Old 2007-11-14, 16:15   Link #20
sothis

Hehehee...

I have a rather unusual recommendation: Cromartie High School. It's not shounen at all; instead, it's very random/wacky comedy. It's an acquired taste so you might not enjoy it, but it's filled with "cool" guys with their cool expressions, and overall it's one of my favorite comedies ever.
Closed Thread