AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2007-12-01, 06:00   Link #961
Blood_Knight
The Dark Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
They are way better than the Naruto ones, since the fillers for Bleach actually have a storyline behind them, and some nice new characters.
agreed, compared to naruto fillers, bleach did a good job [except the end of the arc], but atl east it was worth watching [and it didnt last over 2 years!!], but many parts of the arc were contradicting with the original timeline and story, but thats forgivable in my eyes, anyway I have a question: Does HM have a different time frame to SS and the real world, as the talk about Arrancar flashbacks going back *years*, or have I just read a misstranslated copy?

note: gratz guyz this thread hit 1000 posts now
Blood_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 19:03   Link #962
X_Danny_X

to what manga chapters does the anime cover? i see we are up to episode 150. where does episode 150 left off?
Old 2007-12-02, 00:16   Link #963
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
to what manga chapters does the anime cover? i see we are up to episode 150. where does episode 150 left off?
Episode 150 covers up to chapter 249.
Old 2007-12-02, 17:39   Link #964
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

in anime has bleach changed animators lately because some of the fights as well as the characters look really different.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 19:13   Link #965
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
in anime has bleach changed animators lately because some of the fights as well as the characters look really different.
the animation studio is the same since ep1
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 18:22   Link #966
ajay29

Where in the manga was it actually specified that a requirement of becoming a Captain was that you had to have Bankai?
I remember the bits about either beating the former captain, being recommended, etc, but where is it said by someone "you need bankai to be a captain"?
Not counting Renji telling Ikkaku (sp?) that he has to be a captain coz he has bankai.....
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 18:48   Link #967
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There are three possible ways to become a captain.
  1. Having Bankai and show it openly. This has to be displayed in front of the Captain-Commander (Yama-jii), and two other captains.
  2. Get the approval of 6 captains and the affirmation of three captains, including the Captain-Commander...
  3. Defeating the current captain with 200 witnesses of that specific division.

While most captains have bankai, this is not a prerequisite if you use methods 2 or 3. It is clearly stated that one of the captains, Zaraki Kenpachi, does not have bankai so he used method 3. It is very unlikely that someone could become a captain without bankai, but there is clear precendent. On the other hand, right now there are so many captain openings that they might let weaklings without bankai, like Kira, become a captain through method 2.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 23:11   Link #968
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
  1. Having Bankai and show it openly. This has to be displayed in front of the Captain-Commander (Yama-jii), and two other captains.
  2. Get the approval of 6 captains and the affirmation of three captains, including the Captain-Commander...
Does anyone have the manga chapter or anime episode reference for each of those ways?
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 23:45   Link #969
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Ep 52-53 31.00 or Chapter 146 pg 01 The three methods are just mentioned
Old 2007-12-07, 04:19   Link #970
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post

While most captains have bankai, this is not a prerequisite if you use methods 2 or 3. It is clearly stated that one of the captains, Zaraki Kenpachi, does not have bankai so he used method 3. It is very unlikely that someone could become a captain without bankai, but there is clear precendent. On the other hand, right now there are so many captain openings that they might let weaklings without bankai, like Kira, become a captain through method 2.
This is also why Ikkaku wanted to keep his bankai a secret, because a bunch of people might then start pressuring him to be a captain (thru method 1), since the Gotai 13 lost 3 of theirs, leaving quite the vacuum of power, so to speak.
Old 2007-12-11, 08:52   Link #971
killbethy

i've wondered about this for a long time... when they use bankai, is it just a meaningless word or are they using it in context with the english meaning of bankai (recovery)?
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 09:20   Link #972
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

In japanese, the word 'bankai' (卍解) means final release.
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 00:39   Link #973
Blood_Knight
The Dark Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
i've wondered about this for a long time... when they use bankai, is it just a meaningless word or are they using it in context with the english meaning of bankai (recovery)?
Its just like a release comand for shikai, only that it sounds cooler , but If it is 100% necessary, I wouldnt have a clue.... but I personally think its more for dramatic purposes
Blood_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 02:19   Link #974
fizzmaister
The Tall One

It was explicitly stated that once one can release their bankai, all they have to do is say "bankai" that's necessary. What is for dramatic purposes is saying the name of the bankai.
Old 2007-12-12, 14:12   Link #975
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

ichigo's height = zanpaktou's height, so its safe to assume that his zanpaktou is still growing right?
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 16:02   Link #976
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

No, that's not safe to assume.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-13, 13:46   Link #977
Wych

Could somebody tell me in which anime episode Wonderweiss is made and Aizen and Gin are talking about Vastro Lorde please.
Wych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 14:40   Link #978
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wych View Post
Could somebody tell me in which anime episode

Wonderweiss is made and Aizen and Gin are talking about Vastro Lorde please.
Wonderweiss 138 .... Aizen and Gin 122
Old 2007-12-14, 11:23   Link #979
killbethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
In japanese, the word 'bankai' (卍解) means final release.
isn't that read as manji kai (which, that i know of, doesn't have any meaning). manji as in, well... manji or (more modern) swastika, and kai as in the solution of an equation. the only japanese word i know of for bankai that translates into english is recovery/restoration (挽回)... but it's not commonly used at all.

so, i think blood_knight is right... it's just for dramatic purposes ^_^
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 01:39   Link #980
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

While that symbol is a manji, it is a Japanese kanji as well. In this context those two kanji are read as bankai meaning "final release."

Tags
q&a