AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 52.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-11, 17:37   Link #101
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Wow. THIS is your first anime since DBZ?

Odd choice. I'd have recommended something slightly more mainstream to start with... like Haruhi or something.

Anyway, most of JC Staff's resources this season appear to be directed to Toaru Majutsu no Index, which in my opinion is narratively inferior to Toradora, but...
Old 2009-01-11, 17:43   Link #102
typhonsentra

The variation in the design is pretty small and probably has less to do with budget and more to do with difficulty in making Ryuuji's face sympathetic/endearing during certain scenes given the way his eyes are. Especially given how they don't like to do too many voice overs to directly tell you what he's thinking.
Old 2009-01-11, 18:27   Link #103
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well if we compare the animation then you have to agree that the preference is shifted more on Index side, though as an original source Toradora is more superior but Index has harem... and one of the biggest ever at that so they go the easy way. And they sure take their time to it. The pace is almost three times slower than in Toradora and try to bring out most of the novel scenes while Toradora anime tends to skip things.
Old 2009-01-11, 18:48   Link #104
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

What's up with everyone hating on ami? or shooting down the idea of ryu ending up with ami? After this episode, i really WOULD like to see ryu + ami together at the end. I'm really starting to like her a lot better, she's changed so much, and i think they fit each other pretty well. Ryuuji being the type of guy who won't view her as some popular idol and ami is the type of person who can see more "into" people...and i think that fits her well.

During the scene where ryuu was giving her the pork, and she was like "even if i have pork, it's not like iknow how to cook *blushhh*", i was hoping he'd invite her overrr :X!!! Too bad it didn't happen.

btw what was the reason for him cooking so much food? Is he planning on giving some to ami/making her food?
Old 2009-01-11, 18:52   Link #105
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
btw what was the reason for him cooking so much food?
Taiga eats a lot.
Old 2009-01-11, 18:54   Link #106
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
btw what was the reason for him cooking so much food? Is he planning on giving some to ami/making her food?
Taiga can eat it all I guess.

*kidding

I think Ryuuji is trying to cook the same delicious meals that is served in the restaurants where Taiga's dad takes her.
Perhaps Ryuuji is hoping to make Taiga happy by doing that.
Old 2009-01-11, 18:58   Link #107
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Taiga can eat it all I guess.

*kidding

I think Ryuuji is trying to cook the same delicious meals that is served in the restaurants where Taiga's dad takes her.
Perhaps Ryuuji is hoping to make Taiga happy by doing that.
hmm i guess, maybe i was reading too much into it...i thought at first ami was gonna be in the other room and thats why he semi-blushed...man i want ami x ryuu soo bad after this episode
Old 2009-01-11, 18:59   Link #108
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
The pace is almost three times slower than in Toradora and try to bring out most of the novel scenes while Toradora anime tends to skip things.
And as a result keeps the plot interesting. I can't imagine being so into Toradora if it had the same pacing as Index.

Quote:
What's up with everyone hating on ami? or shooting down the idea of ryu ending up with ami? After this episode, i really WOULD like to see ryu + ami together at the end. I'm really starting to like her a lot better, she's changed so much, and i think they fit each other pretty well. Ryuuji being the type of guy who won't view her as some popular idol and ami is the type of person who can see more "into" people...and i think that fits her well.
The problem is that Ryuuji has no interest in her other than a) as a friend and b) her physical attractiveness.

He cares a lot more about Minorin and Taiga, and even then, the last few episodes have shown that his priority is Taiga over everyone else.

An AmixRyuuj relationship would be nice, but I fail to see how it would even begin in the first place. They click well, but there's still next to nothing of actual plot value there.

Quote:
During the scene where ryuu was giving her the pork, and she was like "even if i have pork, it's not like iknow how to cook *blushhh*", i was hoping he'd invite her overrr :X!!! Too bad it didn't happen.

Wow. It still amazes me how people only ever read into a story what they want to read into it.

Heh. "People only see what they want to... and the fog only thickens."

Quote:
hmm i guess, maybe i was reading too much into it...i thought at first ami was gonna be in the other room and thats why he semi-blushed...man i want ami x ryuu soo bad after this episode
He semi-blushed because he was embarrassed about attempting to one-up Taiga's dad.
Old 2009-01-11, 19:06   Link #109
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lliiry View Post
That was cool!
Really, i'm going to like Ami more and more. I feel so sorry for her, when she sits alone in her room with this pork. Waiting for development of her story.
And i like very much the way Taiga and Ryu became one family, it's so nice!
Forgot to quote this post yesterday.

I feel a little sad for Ami too, she put the pork on her drawer along with her makeup which is important to her (because she's a model). Why did she put the pork along with her important things? Must be because the one who gave the pork is now an important person to her so she appreciate it even if it's only cheap pork bought in a supermarket.
Old 2009-01-11, 19:08   Link #110
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And as a result keeps the plot interesting. I can't imagine being so into Toradora if it had the same pacing as Index.
i can imagine it just fine. besides Index should have been faster paced because they just talk too freaking much in there.

Rather than comparing to index you should compare it to Spice and Wolf. Though Spice and Wolf pace was the slowest of them all and the series are still damn great. I like Spice more than Toradora actually, though Toradora has more noteable character but S&W have incredible main lead pair against whom even Taiga and Ryuuji look plain.
Old 2009-01-11, 19:08   Link #111
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:

The problem is that Ryuuji has no interest in her other than a) as a friend and b) her physical attractiveness.

He cares a lot more about Minorin and Taiga, and even then, the last few episodes have shown that his priority is Taiga over everyone else.

An AmixRyuuj relationship would be nice, but I fail to see how it would even begin in the first place. They click well, but there's still next to nothing of actual plot value there.

Wow. It still amazes me how people only ever read into a story what they want to read into it.

Heh. "People only see what they want to... and the fog only thickens."

He semi-blushed because he was embarrassed about attempting to one-up Taiga's dad.
hey...there's nothing wrong with different interpretations. The comment about people only seeing what they want to made me laugh though.

As for him having no interest in her...what's to say he won't develop one? it's only been 14 episodes, and it's been focused on other characters. If the anime starts focusing more on ami...like they did in this episode, and if ami stops being "too subtle" (probably just too subtle for ryuu), then they have a chance. I think they fit together perfectly fine...They can definitely pull it off with the amount of episodes slated for this anime (if they wanted to). I just love that she's changed so much, originally i preferred ryuu X taiga...but now i feel ryuu X ami is much better
Old 2009-01-11, 19:17   Link #112
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
As for him having no interest in her...what's to say he won't develop one? it's only been 14 episodes, and it's been focused on other characters. If the anime starts focusing more on ami...like they did in this episode, and if ami stops being "too subtle" (probably just too subtle for ryuu), then they have a chance. I think they fit together perfectly fine...They can definitely pull it off with the amount of episodes slated for this anime (if they wanted to). I just love that she's changed so much, originally i preferred ryuu X taiga...but now i feel ryuu X ami is much better
It's not just that... they have 25 episodes total, see? Over half of them have been devoted to setting up Ryuuji's attraction to Minorin and strong devotion to Taiga... judging by current trends, they'll continue to do so.

As I have said before, it'd be nice, but I don't see it in this anime.
Old 2009-01-11, 19:21   Link #113
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
It's not just that... they have 25 episodes total, see? Over half of them have been devoted to setting up Ryuuji's attraction to Minorin and strong devotion to Taiga... judging by current trends, they'll continue to do so.

As I have said before, it'd be nice, but I don't see it in this anime.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i guess that's a good point, man that felt like a sucker punch...i can still hope though...or i'll just tell myself thats how it ended up
Old 2009-01-11, 19:58   Link #114
typhonsentra

I think it'd be easier for it to happen then you'd think, but it would require Ami to take the initiative. She tried a few times at the beach but hasn't done anything since.
Old 2009-01-11, 20:23   Link #115
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I think it'd be easier for it to happen then you'd think, but it would require Ami to take the initiative. She tried a few times at the beach but hasn't done anything since.
Which she probably won't do, given that she knows about Ryuuji's crush.

I keep thinking that she'd like for Ryuuji to take the initiative. But knows that he won't.
Old 2009-01-11, 20:58   Link #116
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Which she probably won't do, given that she knows about Ryuuji's crush.

I keep thinking that she'd like for Ryuuji to take the initiative. But knows that he won't.
That's what i thought at first, but seeing this episode makes me feel like she'll start trying harder (with the whole im going to stay here mom thing)

oh well, i'm not going to give up.
Old 2009-01-11, 21:57   Link #117
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-11, 22:07   Link #118
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Well first off RyuujixAmi 4EVA

In this ep does Ryuuji look more solid (muscles) to you guys?

it looks to me like he went from scrawny to solid.....
Old 2009-01-11, 22:49   Link #119
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
Well first off RyuujixAmi 4EVA

In this ep does Ryuuji look more solid (muscles) to you guys?

it looks to me like he went from scrawny to solid.....
the animation seems a bit different...oh well

p.s. - this is off topic, but how do you pronounce "Giant" in japanese? Like can you sound it out phonetically for me? like if i wanted to know the word baka...u would write

"Baahkaah"
Old 2009-01-11, 23:21   Link #120
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Ja-yan-to would be how it will be pronounced in Japanese.

I don't think Ami is hated by the majority. If anything, she's the most liked among the women of Toradora.
Closed Thread