AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-11, 09:28   Link #321
Sunder the Gold

It's still not "forcing". It's "enticing", "advertising", or "appealing".

It wouldn't come close to "forcing" unless I copy-and-pasted the post into every single active thread and PMed it to every active poster.

Building a birdhouse doesn't force the birds to come. The ones who are interested see it and come, and the ones who aren't ignore it. It's just putting the option out there for people to see and respond to.
Old 2011-09-18, 20:22   Link #322
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

In actual conversation, this'd be called attempted railroading - you have a single point of interest that you want to talk about, and you're attempting to steer the conversation to that point, while other persons are not interested.

So, no, you're not literally forcing people to a discussion on Yuuno, but you're trying to force the flow of discussion towards your speculations on Yuuno.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-09-18, 23:31   Link #323
Sunder the Gold

I've done nothing of the sort.

You could only claim that I railroaded conversation in the generic Theories and Speculation thread in someone else had started a conversation on a different topic, and if I only responded to their post in such a way as to steer the conversation back to the Scrya.

So far, NO ONE has posted in that thread except to voluntarily carry on the conversation with me. Even if I were inclined to railroad, I haven't even had the opportunity. So your claim is baseless.

Heck, I haven't even bothered to continue posting new material on the matter on the Scrya Clan. Because I totally have more things to say and speculate about them and Yuuno.

Why haven't I done that? Because I patiently waited for responses. I want responses, and simply flooding the thread with ALL of my thoughts is not going to inspire people to read them. Small doses.

You might be able to make claims of rail-roading in other threads, HAD I take the same post from the Speculation thread and pasted it into them. Which I explicitly did NOT.

All I did was post advertisements. Advertisements I have NOT reposted, even when they fell pages behind without response. These were mild blips; off-topic, but easily ignored.

I only once alluded to my Scrya topic in a later post of ONE of those threads. And the mention was an after-thought to another, completely On-Topic post.

Further, my proposal here was for the creation of a seperate thread dedicated to my chosen conversation topic. The primary purpose of which would be to attract the attention of anyone interested.

The second purpose of which would be not needing to post advertisements in other threads or needing to debate the conversation matter in the generic Theories and Speculation thread.

Which would have been the very OPPOSITE of rail-roading a conversation, since having the thread would mean that anyone NOT interested in the subject matter would NEVER have to read it.

Maybe it's just a persecution complex, but why is it that some people seem out to make me look like a villain here?

So what if I have an agenda? Who doesn't? Everyone who enters a theory-debate has a pet idea they're trying to push, using the facts to convince other people to accept it. Only MY agenda has not led to three-page long debates or fights. Or monologues.

So what if I used attention-gathering techniques? I've been moderate and polite about it. Even now, the only reason I'm posting on this thread again is to protest people making baseless accusations about my actions.

I haven't tried even once more to argue for Scrya Clan Discussion thread (excepting perhaps this post). I was content to let the matter die, because I couldn't offer strong enough reasons to go forward with it.

I still don't have good enough reasons for that thread's creation. Which is why I'm not asking.

I'll just continue waiting for responses in the generic speculation thread. If none happen, and the mood strikes me again, I'll go ahead and post more of my Scrya Clan thoughts.

But you'll not see me railroading. Because I won't.
Old 2011-09-19, 02:48   Link #324
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I don't know about "railroading", but I'd sure appreciate if people would stop derailing this thread. It's supposed to be a thread to request new thread topics and perhaps to discuss the merits of those requests. We don't need to discuss the motivations of the people making the requests as well.

Let's keep this thread on-topic.
Old 2011-11-14, 14:25   Link #325
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given the latest discussion on the image thread, perhaps it'd be beneficial to create a kind of crossover discussion thread for Nanoha? Something that discuss odd-ball crossover subject, like the current one of Nanoha characters as Fate/stay night Servants. This kind of thing happens pretty often in the image and fanfiction threads, but not everyone wants to make a fanfiction out of such conversations, so I don't think it'd hurt to have its own thread.
Old 2011-11-14, 19:03   Link #326
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Bah, the FSN debate will die out in a couple more posts. And since they usually start in the image thread because of images posted there... well, I don't see a new thread helping stem the debates in the image thread. Creating another thread would kill the debates though. Many debates have been killed by the words "take it to [insert thread] please."

But that'd still make the crossover thread rather useless on its own merrit.
Old 2011-11-14, 22:59   Link #327
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Bah, the FSN debate will die out in a couple more posts. And since they usually start in the image thread because of images posted there... well, I don't see a new thread helping stem the debates in the image thread. Creating another thread would kill the debates though. Many debates have been killed by the words "take it to [insert thread] please."

But that'd still make the crossover thread rather useless on its own merrit.
Plus I'd be the only one posting.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2011-11-14, 23:06   Link #328
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I like the idea, tough, Nanoha is a very crossover-able series at least it will generate fun ideas and discussions(there's a LOT to discuss in that regard xD).

So, thumbs up on RD's idea.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-15, 20:02   Link #329
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Well, I think a crossover-dedicated thread would be nice. There're a few ideas I've seen around.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-11-22, 21:27   Link #330
Sunder the Gold

A Naruto/Nanoha fic got me thinking about what Devices the Naruto characters would be most suited for.

Naruto himself needs a Unison Device, because he's basically a melee-focused Hayate. WAY too much power for his own good, and in desperate need of help to make proper use of it.

A crossover thread would be a nice place to talk about stuff like that.
Old 2011-11-22, 21:56   Link #331
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Okay, I do think that it has merit and all I need is a suitable opening post.
Old 2011-11-22, 22:40   Link #332
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Nanoha Crossover thread.

This thread is meant to discuss the merits of crossing over various series with Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of doing the crossover(s) in question.

As for fanfiction and fanart, we can do what's been done with the OCT (Original Character Topic) and cross-post them.

Enjoy and have fun.

Old 2011-11-23, 23:43   Link #333
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Thread created and posts moved.
Old 2011-12-11, 20:57   Link #334
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Double post!

Nanoha Franchise General Discussion Thread created and the posts here moved into it.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:38   Link #335
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

I just wonder...

With the opening of the 'General Discussion Thread'...

What's the point of the Q&A, Theories and Speculation and Magic and Technology threads as the General Discussion Thread covers all three at once.

Old 2011-12-15, 14:49   Link #336
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I would think that those will still be for specific questions that won't get lost in the ongoing discussion in the general thread.
Old 2011-12-20, 21:36   Link #337
mllhild
Nanoha fanatic

Location: lost somewhere inside the stories created by my mind
Is there a doujin thread since I have seen a fanfiction tread? Because I got lost somewhere on the way and now I don't even know where to start. I know the nanofate page but it is only nanofate and even so it already has around 50 doujins. Of course there are also the H-Doujins which are even harder to keep a track on since they are totally scattered among the web.
Old 2011-12-20, 21:48   Link #338
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The image thread talk about doujins sometimes but it's not the main topic there so i really don't know about a specific section of the forum to talk about it. you can ask on that thread i guess xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-15, 08:51   Link #339
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's has been released. Can we get a thread discussing the movie, that would obviously contain spoilers? Like we did for the first movie?

Perhaps with a poll of how good people thought it was, like this thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90525
Old 2012-07-15, 09:39   Link #340
Sunder the Gold

Not to be contrary, but to be curious:

Why not simply have people post in the thread for the first movie?

Or even re-title the speculation thread for the new movie, and have people continue to post in that one?
Closed Thread