AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-09, 19:17   Link #17341
Eratas123

@ Senpai - What height would this be? Laura's not exactly the tallest heroine

Side note - Does not angsting/rarely angsting no matter how bad your past is seem okay or too unrealistic to be used?

Side note 2 - He gets absolutely snarky when people use a freudian excuse or state that they had good intentions. He really hates freudian excuses.

@ Scene - Tabane's fault for the Gospel going. Does Yoshi ever find out?
Old 2012-01-09, 19:26   Link #17342
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - What height would this be? Laura's not exactly the tallest heroine
Laura would still pass (she's at least 140 cm tall, my estimation is about 145-150 cm), her child on the other hand...

(usually the limit is 120 cm, average 12 years old in Japan are 130-140 cm)

Quote:
Side note - Does not angsting/rarely angsting no matter how bad your past is seem okay or too unrealistic to be used?
In Irish' case no, because he IS emotionally numb (except for anger issue, like Laura), not angsting because he simply doesn't know how to (similar to Laura, again)

Quote:
Side note 2 - He gets absolutely snarky when people use a freudian excuse or state that they had good intentions. He really hates freudian excuses.
Use it as both merits and flaws of his character. In case of merits, that means he's still a human with optimistic POV, as flaw, he is ignorant abut anyone's reasoning (but really, what people don't have reason in reality?).

Quote:
@ Scene - Tabane's fault for the Gospel going. Does Yoshi ever find out?
Maybe later, maybe. Thankfully Iori's existence means Gospel can be resurrected unlike in Canon.
Old 2012-01-09, 19:29   Link #17343
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I hear Gattai. You guys must be waiting for [SHOOTiNG ST@RS: Super Valkyrie].

"VALKYRIA FORMATION!!"

Old 2012-01-09, 19:32   Link #17344
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Would people not wonder if they ask if Celeste (Laura's kid) is her sister and she replies that she's her daughter?

Side note - Doesn't that mean he'll start amgsting once he gets more emotions back? I dom't wanna make him emo

Side note 2 - His mindset is that your past shouldn't make you do these things. If you murder someone, prepare to own up to it rather than use some flimsy excuse like you were abused as a child. Actions speak louder than words or justifications.

Scene - Gospel's a gamebreaker How are you gonna balance that thing?

@ Meistah - I am!
Old 2012-01-09, 19:43   Link #17345
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Would people not wonder if they ask if Celeste (Laura's kid) is her sister and she replies that she's her daughter?
They will be stunned in response...

Quote:
Side note - Doesn't that mean he'll start amgsting once he gets more emotions back? I dom't wanna make him emo
No, please don't do that.

Quote:
Side note 2 - His mindset is that your past shouldn't make you do these things. If you murder someone, prepare to own up to it rather than use some flimsy excuse like you were abused as a child. Actions speak louder than words or justifications.
Once again it has merits and flaws.

Quote:
Scene - Gospel's a gamebreaker How are you gonna balance that thing?
Game breaker because it was compared to first year students with incomplete units.

In the novel, Gospel SEEMS to be at least 120-30% in all category... except melee maybe? It has superb offensive, mobility, and defensive properties, not to mention stealth.

In mine, there's additional bits about Ichika and Houki's lack of hypersonic combat training (a whole new different level of combat) and their combat knowledge and experience are damn nil. Indicated when Houki identified Gospel's maneuver as BEYOND third year's capability. This is because Gospel controlled by AI (Natasha likely able to perform the same).

Of course, following the rule about being recruited to the party, resurrected Gospel would be weaker than some of the Canon cast unit (in this case, ByakuShiki and AkaTsubaki) since it's literally has to restart from level 10 (based on what can be salvaged). So, it's up to Natasha's technique.

Quote:
@ Meistah - I am!
Me too.
Old 2012-01-09, 19:46   Link #17346
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Any idea of ISA's reaction? Students might go ballistic.

Side note - Then how do I balance it?

Side note 2 - Does Natasha keep riding it? I'd imagine she might be a bit hesitant about riding it again. By the way, does Natasha kissing Ichika still happen?
Old 2012-01-09, 20:00   Link #17347
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Any idea of ISA's reaction? Students might go ballistic.
What do you mean?

Quote:
Side note - Then how do I balance it?
If it's about Irish, simply have character from both side react. For example, Kyuukai, Chifuyu and Tabane act based on reasoning and logic, Ichika based on compassion and don't care about past etc.

Quote:
Side note 2 - Does Natasha keep riding it? I'd imagine she might be a bit hesitant about riding it again. By the way, does Natasha kissing Ichika still happen?
Nah, she's looking at Gospel as if it's her own brother/child, and saddened that Gospel 'can't fly anymore' and has to be sealed.

In Canon, not because it was damaged, but U.S. government are paranoid (besides from technical standpoint, Gospel is still the strongest I.S.)

-------------------------------------------
"Mn, that kid entered that battle it didn't want to take part in to protect me. Forcing itself into second phase and cutting off the Core Network...that kid sacrificed her world for me."

Natasha continued on, and the carefree tone of hers is no longer present. Right now, she's giving off a vicious presence.

"So I won't forgive her! The one who took that kid's decision making ability! Making it as the enemy of all IS—I must find that person and make her pay!"

Even though the core wasn't damaged, because of the rampancy, the [Gospel] was ordered to be frozen at dawn this morning.
--------------------------------------------

Natasha still Kiss Ichika, but seeing that she quickly hook Josh away, the Harem dismiss it being 'American culture' (i.e. kissing someone in the cheek means friendship/familial expression and gratitude), they still felt some envy about it however.
Old 2012-01-09, 20:05   Link #17348
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I'm assuming the students aren't gonna be happy when they find out the kids are Ichika's and *Insert Heroine here*.

Side note - I meant balancing getting both emotions and not being emo. If he gets more emotional yet keeps ignoring his past it'll look like an asspull.

Side note 2 - Why does she suffer redemption demotion? She was never evil in the first place and the Gospel going berserk was never her fault.

Side note 3 - How come bad guys who do a heel face turn tend to get demotions? I even did this by accident when Irish does his first one to help Joshua
Old 2012-01-09, 20:21   Link #17349
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - I'm assuming the students aren't gonna be happy when they find out the kids are Ichika's and *Insert Heroine here*.
I have no idea... sorry

Quote:
Side note - I meant balancing getting both emotions and not being emo. If he gets more emotional yet keeps ignoring his past it'll look like an asspull.
Have his lack of reasoning bites him back, for example, his debate with Kyuukai can be close to insane troll logic sometimes (being opposite end of spectrum). Also, because his lack of his reasoning, meeting people in the past (enemies and allies alike) made him somewhat illogical.

Quote:
Side note 2 - Why does she suffer redemption demotion? She was never evil in the first place and the Gospel going berserk was never her fault.
Yeah true, but you mind having Natasha and Gospel at full capacity EARLIER IN THE STORY? Tatenashi will eat her shoe. Of course for final battle Gospel and ShiroKishi would have to be at full capacity anyway.

(then again the level of threat they faced is vastly different... the antagonist are drinking awesome juice as well, such as Autumn for example, I'm kind of afraid of fan backlash here... )

Quote:
Side note 3 - How come bad guys who do a heel face turn tend to get demotions? I even did this by accident when Irish does his first one to help Joshua
See my reason above, Natasha + Gospel simply one hell of an enemy... her trouncing bad guy soundly would be anticlimatic. (though understandable)
Old 2012-01-09, 20:27   Link #17350
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Honestly, Gospel doesn't seem that strong. Ichika was able to take it out via one shot of the Setsura cannon, after all.

Side note - Irish seems to get stupider post heel-face turn He loses most of his fighting capability for a few weeks due to his injuries and doesn't seem to think antagonizing the person holding his leash might be a bad idea.
Old 2012-01-09, 20:34   Link #17351
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Honestly, Gospel doesn't seem that strong. Ichika was able to take it out via one shot of the Setsura cannon, after all.
Because ByakuShiki Setsura has better spec than you shake a wrench at. It is FASTER than Akatsubaki in raw speed (able to outrun Gospel like it's super mobility is nothing) and other perks such as cannon and energy-nullifier shield.

Seriously, Ichika's defeat at Rin's hand in V5 is... dumb. Not because he's defeated but HOW he is defeated is seriously dumb. Ichika grabbed Idiot ball again not realizing his I.S. eats energy faster than before.

Quote:
Side note - Irish seems to get stupider post heel-face turn He loses most of his fighting capability for a few weeks due to his injuries and doesn't seem to think antagonizing the person holding his leash might be a bad idea.
Really? His being weaker understandable, and being dumb... it's a case of a fish out of his water.
Old 2012-01-09, 20:43   Link #17352
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So how does Ichika not become a gamebreaker in Sacred twins? He's jot dumb like he is in canon.

Side note - Okay, the injuries are justifiable, but antagonizing the person who carries the remote for your cuffs? Most people either try to not antagonize them or get them to trust them so they can make it easier to do a face-heel turn. Openly saying you don't trust them is just plain dumb. Also, I called it demotion since he jumped on Ichika's IS and stabbed it and managed to beat Kyuukai, but he can't even fight Rin properly come the shift.
Old 2012-01-09, 20:52   Link #17353
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - So how does Ichika not become a gamebreaker in Sacred twins? He's jot dumb like he is in canon.
Everyone else are just as competent, and in a restricted place like an arena, ByakuShiki can't use the 'raw speed' advantage. (all fight is restricted to below Mach 2, hence inability to outrun missile unlike in real time combat)

Rin are more skilled than him in terms of applying maneuvers and strategy (because her machine, unlike Gospel, is not putting emphasis on speed).

Her upgrade pack added to already good defensive and counteroffensive capability. Rin ALSO knew almost all of Ichika's maneuver, and how to counter them. Well, the same goes to Ichika (who study a lot in the summer vacation when Rin wasn't with him), their fight would be close and epic.

(Awesome juice ahoy )

Quote:
Side note - Okay, the injuries are justifiable, but antagonizing the person who carries the remote for your cuffs? Most people either try to not antagonize them or get them to trust them so they can make it easier to do a face-heel turn. Openly saying you don't trust them is just plain dumb. Also, I called it demotion since he jumped on Ichika's IS and stabbed it and managed to beat Kyuukai, but he can't even fight Rin properly come the shift.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:03   Link #17354
Eratas123

@ Senpai - What about the final battle? Isn't that an open area?

Side note - It feels like Irish lost 30 levels after demotion
Old 2012-01-09, 21:05   Link #17355
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - What about the final battle? Isn't that an open area?
Yes, the fight against Madoka too.

Quote:
Side note - It feels like Irish lost 30 levels after demotion
Hmm....
Old 2012-01-09, 21:07   Link #17356
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So how does it not turn into a one-sided match? Ichika's opponent would have to be mad powerful

Side note - Note the draft where he got the tar kicked out of him by Arachne while she barely got a scratch.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:13   Link #17357
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - So how does it not turn into a one-sided match? Ichika's opponent would have to be mad powerful
In case of Madoka, because she's walking 'Anti-Ichika-nii' at the time. Ichika being Ichika, he just doing in the science in a verse where robots violate physics, and win.

As for final battleground, haven't think of that, I imagine it's a big war involves a lot of characters similar to Gundam.

Quote:
Side note - Note the draft where he got the tar kicked out of him by Arachne while she barely got a scratch.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:22   Link #17358
Eratas123

@ Senpai - What do you mean Anti-Ichika-nii?

Side note - How do i avoid demotion?
Old 2012-01-09, 21:32   Link #17359
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - What do you mean Anti-Ichika-nii?
Madoka has not only offensive but defensive funnel... with anti-beam coat and energy barrier, her rifle can use both solid and energy ammo, which means Reiryaku Byakuya isn't going to do jack. Her mobility is not something to be spit off, better than even Blue Tears. Oh, and still capable in close combat, unlike the predecessor.

Yes, very gramebreaker, less than Gospel though (Hwever Gospel has the same crippling Weakness like BT, lacking melee capability and solid weapon, Silent Zephyr not)

Quote:
Side note - How do i avoid demotion?
I don't know, really. I myself did just that.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:35   Link #17360
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Does Madoka ever get offers to be a rep candidate?

Side note - This is hard Tatenashi remains a gamebreaker in Shadow as well

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest