AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-08-30, 10:37   Link #201
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
When he said 'time travel', that brought the following concept immediately to my mind: take Valkyria Chronicles and Red Alert; stir well...
What about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare crossover Valkyria Chronicles. Great decision or bad mistake ?
Old 2009-08-30, 13:40   Link #202
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
What about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare crossover Valkyria Chronicles. Great decision or bad mistake ?
It would be interesting. I want to find out how Selvaria, Alicia, and other Valkyur stack up against ballistic missles, laser guided bombs, etc.
D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 13:47   Link #203
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Good idea since the VC SelvaraixWelkin fanfic that i'm been working on has an army of special Forces units similar from the COD: MW lead by Selvaria.
Old 2009-08-30, 13:48   Link #204
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
It all really depends on how you execute that idea and how it's presented, especially if it's a hard crossover to do. Assuming that it's done well, it can easily evolve into some sort of kickass/badass story that a lot of people would enjoy a lot. If not...then it becomes a really bad flop :/
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 13:54   Link #205
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Starting at page 3 of this very thread, there's some musings about a version of the VC universe with a current-day/near-future tech level; it's not, conceptually, a bad idea. Also to be found in that vicinity is a brief conversation about the story possibilities made possible by the similarity between ragnite and a certain nonterrestrial, crystalline material.
Using the CoD:MW storyline itself in VC, since you bring it up, is also theoretically possible. By all means, do share with us what you're thinking.
To clarify what I mean by taking VC and stirring well with Red Alert: an actual crossover is within the bounds of plausibility, given what chronospheres do to the space-time fabric; what also comes to mind, though, is applying the basic premise to the VC universe itself. Imagine, if you will, a scenario where the war goes poorly for Gallia - poorly enough that some folks are desperate enough to prevail upon Alicia to jump back in time (via use of a Valkyr artifact) and eliminate Maximillian before he launches the invasion. In that, the gambit works... a pity its authours - like Einstein in the RA universe - didn't consider the possible unintended consequences.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 19:25   Link #206
Neovoid

I was also thinking a similar concept, except instead of "Time Travel" its "Dimension Travel" instead.

Spoiler for Game:

Another thing I've been trying to do is to do a proper crossover between VC and Gundam 00 S1. I've come up with two ideas:

Spoiler for Gundam 00:
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 22:04   Link #207
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
I was also thinking a similar concept, except instead of "Time Travel" its "Dimension Travel" instead.

Spoiler for Game:
After watching the videos of Wolfenstein on youtube, this idea would be special.

If this has to come to life one day, I would sure read that and see what kind of Pandora's box would be opened with your imagination.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 05:08   Link #208
Neovoid

A friend thought of a Wolfenstein and VC crossover that doesn't evolve dimension travel between our world and Europa:

Spoiler for Wolfenstein:
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 18:58   Link #209
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I guess I had to thank my initial time travel idea for that.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 14:21   Link #210
Highman

Quote:
Starting at page 3 of this very thread, there's some musings about a version of the VC universe with a current-day/near-future tech level; it's not, conceptually, a bad idea. Also to be found in that vicinity is a brief conversation about the story possibilities made possible by the similarity between ragnite and a certain nonterrestrial, crystalline material.
Using the CoD:MW storyline itself in VC, since you bring it up, is also theoretically possible. By all means, do share with us what you're thinking.
To clarify what I mean by taking VC and stirring well with Red Alert: an actual crossover is within the bounds of plausibility, given what chronospheres do to the space-time fabric; what also comes to mind, though, is applying the basic premise to the VC universe itself. Imagine, if you will, a scenario where the war goes poorly for Gallia - poorly enough that some folks are desperate enough to prevail upon Alicia to jump back in time (via use of a Valkyr artifact) and eliminate Maximillian before he launches the invasion. In that, the gambit works... a pity its authours - like Einstein in the RA universe - didn't consider the possible unintended consequences.
Spoiler for Revealing fanfiction story:

I'll have part two later on!
Old 2009-09-01, 16:23   Link #211
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
-details redacted-
Interesting.
The backdrop there puts me in mind of EndWar... ironic, given that (as I've noted before) said game's handling of units - in terms of upgrades and persistence - is very similar to VC itself.
You also have some openings there, should you decide to exploit them, for Highlander nods.
Old 2009-09-01, 16:42   Link #212
Highman

Quote:
Interesting.
The backdrop there puts me in mind of EndWar... ironic, given that (as I've noted before) said game's handling of units - in terms of upgrades and persistence - is very similar to VC itself.
You also have some openings there, should you decide to exploit them, for Highlander nods.
Already I haven't watched the anime nor the game but possibly I believe that Valkyries are immortal, this not AU or anything skirmish about already I want to see how what the Valkyries contain in the present and future, I am thinking to start this fanfic by the end of the week. So I have alot hands full unless you can help me.
Old 2009-09-01, 22:58   Link #213
Runty

Anyone here remember how I once pitched out a small idea for a Valkyria Chronicles/Code Geass crossover? Well, I was watching a bit of GITS:SAC, and I came up with a few ideas.

Understand, however, that I'm not writing the story right now. At least, not until I finish my Lone Wulf one.
Spoiler for Code Valkyria:
So far, that's the idea I've got. Nothing's final, but I'm just tossing it out there.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 10:12   Link #214
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Oh boy, I wonder what Lelouch and Milly would say if they meet Max and Selvaria.

As for Faldio and Suzaku....

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-09-02 at 10:23.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 18:06   Link #215
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
This thread got me onto this site.

What about this...

Spoiler for Incoming:

Both nations have a "bad" side. Grey and Gray morality galore.

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2009-09-10 at 16:39.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 06:40   Link #216
MagicHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Spoiler for Map of Europa:

Use this for those who want to be accurate with Europan geography.
You sir, are awesome. Don't suppose anyone has a map of Gallia?

Thinking of doing a Maximilian and Selvaria fic, taking the war from the Imperial side.

Spoiler for story idea's:
MagicHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 15:49   Link #217
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStormtrooper View Post
What about this...

-idea redacted-

Both nations have a "bad" side. Grey and Gray morality galore.
Oh yes they do, discounting any external interference. Would I be correct in guessing that you've seen some of my musings in this vein earlier in the thread? Let's have a look at the highlight reel...
  • sheer knavery (a certain Gallian minister);
  • ego-fueled idiocy (corpulent Gallian army officer who would be at home in the Federal forces in various Mobile Suit Gundam incarnations) and;
  • 'black' R&D programs (Selvaria had been part of one, IIRC... and if there's one such program, others - not all of them Imperial - are likely to exist)

Anyways, welcome aboard; enjoy your stay and all that.
Old 2009-10-01, 17:57   Link #218
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Oh yes they do, discounting any external interference. Would I be correct in guessing that you've seen some of my musings in this vein earlier in the thread? Let's have a look at the highlight reel...
  • sheer knavery (a certain Gallian minister);
  • ego-fueled idiocy (corpulent Gallian army officer who would be at home in the Federal forces in various Mobile Suit Gundam incarnations) and;
  • 'black' R&D programs (Selvaria had been part of one, IIRC... and if there's one such program, others - not all of them Imperial - are likely to exist)

Anyways, welcome aboard; enjoy your stay and all that.
Thanks. This site is aiding me in my piecemeal knowledge of the VC Goings-On, which should be filled in by next year at some point.

I will delve a little deeper into Militaria and Staviania.

Spoiler for This should look a bit like "Red Alert:

How well would that work?

And on a less serious note, what about a VC/Battlefield Heroes cross?

EDIT:

Here's something I wrote. VC/Our WWII. FF.net's "short" two-day period has yet to expire.

Spoiler for Three pages long in Word.:

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2009-10-06 at 15:37.
Old 2009-10-06, 15:40   Link #219
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Shameless bump. I dispise doing this, but, well, erm... Yeah.

Please give a response to Battlefield Gallia
Old 2009-10-08, 00:12   Link #220
Runty

Oi... university work is a painintheass. But I've finally finished my seventh chapter for Lone Wulf.

Here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5060248/...cles_Lone_Wulf

Enjoy and leave reviews.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction