Old 2011-01-16, 19:43   Link #2441
Alchemist007
*Author

If the Pats pull this off...

ed: nvm, lulz.
Old 2011-01-16, 19:44   Link #2442
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

24 seconds left and 0 time outs. Kidding me?

Edit: and it's over. One and done. Way to waste a wonderful season, Pats.
Old 2011-01-16, 19:45   Link #2443
Alchemist007
*Author

And more 'unsportsman-like conduct' eat it refs lol.
Old 2011-01-16, 19:47   Link #2444
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Please don't let this be a Jets/Bears Super Bowl. Pleeeaaaseee!

Go Green Bay!
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 19:47   Link #2445
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Jets vs Steelers and Packers vs. Bears. 3 defense heavy teams and a huge arm of Rodgers.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 19:52   Link #2446
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

New England and Atlanta both smashed out of the playoffs...I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sorry, Dilla, but I've been wanting that Jets-Bears Superbowl for months - and it may happen yet.
Old 2011-01-16, 19:57   Link #2447
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

As embarrassed as I am by my patriots play today, if I was a jets fan I'd be embarrassed just as much by how unprofessional my team is. Trash talk is fine in my book but the Jets were fuckin gratuitous tonight. If I was commissioner I'd fine the whole team just for acting like n00bs who'd never won a big game before.

nerdrage.
nerdrage.
nerdrage.
Old 2011-01-16, 20:02   Link #2448
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Love the jets!!! You saw how Bralen Ewards was flippin' while the other jet players came flying on the field with arms waving like Jets? Haha that was hilarious, I kept rewinding it xD!!! Oh so great to see this simplistic dink and dunk offense become absolutely EXPOSED...Randy Moss go ahead and smile, you deserve it^^!!

Aw I feel so energized about the Superbowl now that that I don't have to watch the Hatriot offense, whew!

Jets-Packers, let's do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPPB
if I was a jets fan I'd be embarrassed just as much by how unprofessional my team is
R u serious? Any Jetfan will fap on those things forever...
Old 2011-01-16, 20:37   Link #2449
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well the Troll Bowl ain't happening with the Seahawks out, so I'll move my chips over to Da Burrs.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2011-01-16 at 22:27.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 20:42   Link #2450
Prodigy
Heartless

No respect for them Steelers eh? I say Packers over Steelers. This is GB's year.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 20:48   Link #2451
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Ugh. To see the #1 and #2 offenses (Pats and Eagles) go one and done...god damn it...I so wanted to see Pats/Eagles this year just to have a shootout of a lifetime between Vick and Brady. But yeah...5 sacks for 40 yards lost @ Pats: yeah, that'll lose you the game. On one sack though, Brady almost evaded the guy and just rolled over and fell down. That made me groan. If that was Vick, he woulda gone "lulz, j00k'd, n00b" and pulled off a 15 yard run.

Argh. Overall though, I'm hoping GB takes it now, since I'm no fan of Da Bearz, the jets are as bad mannered as they come, and no way would I like it if Rapistberger pulled a Karma Houdini.

*sigh*

Sucks that I have to wind up rooting for the team that beat the Eagles, but I'm not liking Da Bearz, and both AFC teams remaining now make my stomach turn.
Old 2011-01-16, 20:57   Link #2452
solomon

Ultimate Troll if dem Jetz go and break the Steel Curtain in the Ketchup Bottle.

As for the oldest rivalry in the NFL....PACK PACK PACK.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 21:01   Link #2453
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I've always liked Rodgers after all that bullshit he had to put up with after he fell all the way down to the Packers(23rd pick) when the Niners picked Alex Smith over him in the 2005 Draft. Not to mention having Favre give him the cold shoulder for two years and having fans put him down after he went 6-10 his first year starting. Some Packer 'fans' were still putting him down when he got his concussion a couple of months ago too.

I would have said 'fuck it' and demanded a trade long before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Ultimate Troll if dem Jetz go and break the Steel Curtain in the Ketchup Bottle.
Not really. Remember, the Jets beat the Steelers at Heinz Field last month, so if they do it again, I won't be surprised. The Ultimate Troll was Seattle.

If the Packers can force a Cutler turnover early, it's going to be a long day for the Bears (which is what I'm looking for). When Cutler throws one interception, he'll usually throw like two or three more lol. And I'm only not buying that 'Bears are the better team because they only lost by one score at Lambeau despite already being locked in' argument that sportscasters are throwing around. The Bears clearly didn't want the Packers in the Playoffs for good reason, they didn't half-ass that game.

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-01-16 at 21:12.
Old 2011-01-16, 21:07   Link #2454
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
As embarrassed as I am by my patriots play today, if I was a jets fan I'd be embarrassed just as much by how unprofessional my team is. Trash talk is fine in my book but the Jets were fuckin gratuitous tonight. If I was commissioner I'd fine the whole team just for acting like n00bs who'd never won a big game before.
Yea that really got me burning up as well. Just a gross display of sportsmanship after that one TD, and after all the trash talking to. Really don't have much respect for those Jets players (then again I didn't before this game).

With that said I was all fine with the end game celebration. Just keep the excessive stuff for after the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Love the jets!!! You saw how Bralen Ewards was flippin' while the other jet players came flying on the field with arms waving like Jets?
Gotta love that, it was like a circus out there. I half expected some guys on trapeze to come flying down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Sucks that I have to wind up rooting for the team that beat the Eagles, but I'm not liking Da Bearz, and both AFC teams remaining now make my stomach turn.
I'm in the same boat. Not liking any of the AFC teams. I've got respect for the Steelers outside big ben, but they're not a team I feel estatic about enough to root for; they're the better choice against the Jets for me though.

So at this point hoping for a Steelers/Packers bowl. Packers all the way.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 21:33   Link #2455
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Did anyone see the Bart Scott interview after the game? Seriously. . .

I just realized, if the Jets/Bears advance, the two weeks before the Super Bowl will give journalists plenty of overtime. Jesus, those two teams talk a lot of shit.

Also, if the Jets/Packers advance, it would be the first time two #6 seeds go to represent their respective conferences in the Super Bowl. Recently it feels like the bye week has been just as much a disadvantage as opposed to the advantage it's supposed to give.
Old 2011-01-16, 21:57   Link #2456
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Shonn Green going to sleep on the ball, LOL forgot about how funny that was...I love no holds barred football, like it yousta be before the mediakick took over everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Did anyone see the Bart Scott interview after the game? Seriously. . .
Epic! It was so epic! (The one with Sal Pal Antonino on ESPN)...Bart Scott had me rolling, it was great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHToki
Yea that really got me burning up as well. Just a gross display of sportsmanship after that one TD, and after all the trash talking to. Really don't have much respect for those Jets players (then again I didn't before this game).

Just keep the excessive stuff for after the game.
Football, sports, is a game of passion, heroes, villains...The Patriots are the team of fake automatons, and the ultimate fake automaton Bill Belichick is their coach...I love teams with outlandish personalities and colorful characters...That's more old school NFL than many people know of...It injects an extra layer into the ball game...

Wes Welker getting benched for the feet stuff? BB has as big an ego as anything Rex Ryan does...He costs his team on offense early because of some tongue and cheek comments that lacked vitriol? It's all about his way over the normal passion of players...No players, I don't care who you are want to hear another team keep constantly talking jack about you all week and you can't even have a normal human emotion to react? I don't know how many people in this thread have played a decent amount of ball, but if you have you'd know how hard it is not to ever respond when your manhood is being challenged...That bull$hit gets Welker benched? Rex's players play free and spirited...

What we saw from the jets is passion, emotion and some good ol fashion hatred of a division rival and it spurred them all...All that handing it to the ref $hit and geewilickers after a TD, yall don't understand the rawness of ballers, I assume Dilla knows what a baller is though^^...
Old 2011-01-16, 22:08   Link #2457
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Here it is.

Yeah, Steve Smith used to have DeAngelo Hall foaming at the mouth with all the trash talk. I remember Hall gave the Panthers like 45 yards of unsportsmanlike penalties on one drive because Smitty was running his mouth and Hall was retaliating physically in front of refs like a dumbass. It was hilarious.

And I won't even say anything about the 2005 Steve Smith. . .

Edit: ChainLegacy and JustinStrife? Where y'all at?

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-01-16 at 22:58.
Old 2011-01-16, 22:42   Link #2458
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so yea i guess being no.1 rank don't matter cause really yea pats & falcons have total choke out on it.

(& i guess this pic was right whole time http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_spor...IIkZEDG8BbpHAR to prove jets are jedi & pats are sith & boom goes pats death star)

& next week we jets vs steelers & packs vs bears
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 00:04   Link #2459
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Here it is.

Yeah, Steve Smith used to have DeAngelo Hall foaming at the mouth with all the trash talk. I remember Hall gave the Panthers like 45 yards of unsportsmanlike penalties on one drive because Smitty was running his mouth and Hall was retaliating physically in front of refs like a dumbass. It was hilarious.

And I won't even say anything about the 2005 Steve Smith. . .

Edit: ChainLegacy and JustinStrife? Where y'all at?
The New York Jets are the "New America's Team" of the truth. They bring their A game and the kitchen sink with them. If they win the Super Bowl, I'm sure they'll have all ESPN analysts and Roger Goodell's head in a platter but I hope James Harrison will get to him first.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 00:13   Link #2460
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

I have high hopes for the Jets in the future, they have been so-so team ever since Namath retired (long freakin time ago). Even the fact that they killed the Patriots is perfect, if they go on to win the super bowl...

Thats two major upsets by the Jets in the playoffs-the colts and patriots. Now, if they can best Pittsburg...

Tags
american football, sports