AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 20:15   Link #2201
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I'd say that 19 was abit shaky, But definately 20 is the one that really screws the pacing.
Ep.19 was only shaky due to the Order's quick switch, but even that was within reason. This episode just pulled shit out its ass in regards to C.C. and Marianne.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 20:27   Link #2202
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Ep.19 was only shaky due to the Order's quick switch, but even that was within reason. This episode just pulled shit out its ass in regards to C.C. and Marianne.
Which is why I did not call it outright and just said it was shaky. But it still holds that the pacing is weird, and I'd say 15 was a step or two better then 20 but still poor pacing in that they shoved it in our faces too quickly considering C.C is supposed to be a main character.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 20:54   Link #2203
Hasaki
Lelouch x CC

Send a message via AIM to Hasaki Send a message via MSN to Hasaki
I don't know, I didn't like a lot of the story. The introduction of Rolo and the summarized ending of Season 1, with Lelouch's capture etc came off as outlandish and bullshit to me when I first saw it. However, now that I've seen afterwards, I have come to accept that part of the plot. The same can also be said about somethings in recent episodes that right now, are "WTF!?" flags, but later on will be more palatable.
Hasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 22:05   Link #2204
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Don't worry I will not suicide myself if C.C dies
Tell Dann not to either.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:16   Link #2205
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Tell Dann not to either.
he's not that stupid you know XD
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 01:03   Link #2206
lovecakecookies

She's going to live, after thinking really hard about how this show has been rushing, I know she will live even if it doesn't make sense plot wise or whatever.. but how she comes out of it will be the question...
Old 2008-08-27, 02:04   Link #2207
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
I don't know if it really is a matter of expecting too much but rather looking at the events from a literary perspective. In a written work or movie or show you expect major plot points to be properly developed and the characters well defined. R2 while has been great in some respects is also very shaky in the recent episodes.
Except I am not going to be holding any anime series, no matter how good on the same level as something like good film or good literature. It just doesn't work like that. There are too many issues with anime that it can be looked at in such a light.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 02:53   Link #2208
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
C.C. will die, I'm sry
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 04:08   Link #2209
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
C.C. will die, I'm sry
You can be sorry day or night. You don't KNOW 100% that she will die. I know things are looking bad for her, but she obviously cares for Lelouch. I think that is part of the reason why she loves Cheese-kun so much. She will never turn on him.
Old 2008-08-27, 07:32   Link #2210
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
You can be sorry day or night. You don't KNOW 100% that she will die. I know things are looking bad for her, but she obviously cares for Lelouch. I think that is part of the reason why she loves Cheese-kun so much. She will never turn on him.
Talking about that, I don't remember it so, that's lelouch who gave a pizza to C.C. for the first time, or she liked pizza before her encounter?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 08:20   Link #2211
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Except I am not going to be holding any anime series, no matter how good on the same level as something like good film or good literature. It just doesn't work like that. There are too many issues with anime that it can be looked at in such a light.
I am just holding the story telling techniques to that standard. But I am not looking at it in the same light either. Throughout the series you can't deny that there are some pacing weirdness that happens, like they'd shove alot of things at you, then the pace slows down somewhat only to have another episode like that. Obviously it is easier to plan in a movie or book rather then a show that comes out every week, little flaws you can forgive as it happens but not when it is so blatant. I am not saying Code Geass is bad, just that there is alot of room for improvement.
Old 2008-08-27, 09:18   Link #2212
Orga777

Quote:
I am just holding the story telling techniques to that standard. But I am not looking at it in the same light either. Throughout the series you can't deny that there are some pacing weirdness that happens, like they'd shove alot of things at you, then the pace slows down somewhat only to have another episode like that. Obviously it is easier to plan in a movie or book rather then a show that comes out every week, little flaws you can forgive as it happens but not when it is so blatant. I am not saying Code Geass is bad, just that there is alot of room for improvement.
You see, I haven't seen ANY anime that hasn't had the same issues. So I have come to accept the odd pacing issues as more of a trait tributed to anime than a fault. It happens in great animes all the time. Look at Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun for good examples. Can there be improvement? Sure. But the same can be said about everything. So it doesn't bother me. As long as the episode flow goes well, I will not have a problem with it.
Old 2008-08-27, 09:19   Link #2213
Var
Banned

Quote:
You see, I haven't seen ANY anime that hasn't had the same issues. So I have come to accept the odd pacing issues as more of a trait tributed to anime than a fault. It happens in great animes all the time. Look at Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun for good examples. Can there be improvement? Sure. But the same can be said about everything. So it doesn't bother me. As long as the episode flow goes well, I will not have a problem with it.
Go watch Monster. That's really all I have to say.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 10:50   Link #2214
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
And I'd say the same for any anime that has such problem. As I said, Code Geass is not alone in that respect but they are especially bad when say compared to Crest of the Stars. If the pacing issue is so apparent like last episode or in fifteen then it is a fault. Just because others have the same problem does not mean it is not a problem.
Old 2008-08-27, 11:16   Link #2215
Orga777

Quote:
And I'd say the same for any anime that has such problem. As I said, Code Geass is not alone in that respect but they are especially bad when say compared to Crest of the Stars. If the pacing issue is so apparent like last episode or in fifteen then it is a fault. Just because others have the same problem does not mean it is not a problem.
The only problem with some of the pacing is the rush to get everything in to fit the episode. I have seen that too many times in anime that I hardly notice anymore. It honestly doesn't bother me. As long as the flow of that one episode is not effected, then I don't see the issue. And the flow, while a little rushed, was never broken.
Old 2008-08-27, 13:38   Link #2216
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
C.C. will die, I'm sry
Really I thought it was kallen
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:42   Link #2217
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
she will too
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:50   Link #2218
sparkle_14310
Black King x Red Queen

Quote:
C.C. will die, I'm sry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Really I thought it was kallen
What I don't want either of them too die. We just got Kallen back on the battlefield and C.C finally got her memory back why do they have to die.
sparkle_14310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:52   Link #2219
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle_14310 View Post
What I don't want either of them too die. We just got Kallen back on the battlefield and C.C finally got her memory back why do they have to die.
because everyone has to die eventually unless your an immortal, but even then they have the freya to solve that now.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:53   Link #2220
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle_14310 View Post
bcuz lulu is gay and the end can only be suza x lulu

edit: aww wita is fasta

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote