AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 77 49.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 33.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.64%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-27, 10:43   Link #41
jenthehen

What the heck ... I always watch Clannad: After Story on Fridays subbed on Megavideo ... WHERE IS IT?!?!

Where do you guys find this? It died from crunchyroll, veoh, and youtube D: ... where can I download this?
Old 2009-02-27, 10:44   Link #42
Nikkan

Very nice episode If I was Fuuko I would do the same thing to Ushio Soo cute..

Just 2 more episodes to go I'll prepare with Ben&Jerrys for next week and get ready to cry alot
Old 2009-02-27, 10:48   Link #43
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Where do you guys find this? It died from crunchyroll, veoh, and youtube D: ... where can I download this?
There's this site called www.animesuki.com which hosts anime torrents. Maybe they can help you.
Old 2009-02-27, 10:54   Link #44
jenthehen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
There's this site called www.animesuki.com which hosts anime torrents. Maybe they can help you.
Thank you
Old 2009-02-27, 11:41   Link #45
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 20 article is up:

[RIUVA] CLANNAD ~After Story~, Episode 20

It was a short foray back into the CLANNAD of Season 1. However, it was an idyllic moment that could not last. 8/10.
Old 2009-02-27, 12:31   Link #46
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Nooooooooo... A'suki doesn't host them; it signposts them. ;)

--Ian.
Old 2009-02-27, 12:32   Link #47
RandomFlameStrike

Oh wow that was halarious. I loved the Fuuko and Tomoya antics. The trousers part was especially funny since it demonstrated her odd thought processess. Also teach Kyou was a nice touch.

As for Nagisa's illness, I believe she was never diagonosed with a "chronic something". She just had a weak immume system and was prone to catching bad colds/fevers. Basically she just randomly got sick a lot.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-02-27 at 12:44. Reason: spoiled removed
Old 2009-02-27, 12:37   Link #48
Proto

Quote:
Nooooooooo... A'suki doesn't host them; it signposts them.
I'm in despair since my sarcasm was lost on everyone, so whatever :'(
Old 2009-02-27, 12:40   Link #49
Knight
Eternal Love

Is the first insert song an anime original? I don't remember it from the visual novel.
Old 2009-02-27, 12:45   Link #50
Proto

Quote:
Is the first insert song an anime original? I don't remember it from the visual novel.
Track title: "Ushio" (汐), from the Sorarado append album. It is also the vocal version of the music that plays during the sponsors thank you scene, which is also the music that played on the game's title scene.
Old 2009-02-27, 13:12   Link #51
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
The dango daikazoku song was well placed I really enjoyed this episode however somethings were missing. I'm hoping they leave them in >.> Niceto notice some dropped hints from Fuko about after. I'm guessing it is a bit more norml to have kids run off alone there than here considering it is safer in Japan than say my neighbourhood.
Old 2009-02-27, 14:22   Link #52
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

KYOU RETURNS! Tying her long hair into a ponytail just makes her prettier.

And how Botan's grown, into excellent "nabe / hot-pot" ingredient, as Ushio would call him.

Tomoya's conversation with Kyou after so many years feels surreal. I can understand that feeling a bit, when you meet your old classmates who you used to fool around regularly, now we're speaking to each other as mature grown-ups, and looking back in the past with nostalgia.

Two great insert songs, the first one a vocal remix of the "Ushio" track (variation of the track you hear in the menu screen for the game, or during the announcement of sponsors for the anime), the second is of course Dango Daikazoku.

FUUKO RETURNS! Part 2

Fuuko absolutely steals the show, and she still hasn't lost the ability to make a great combo with Tomoya.

So many Fuuko goodness, including:

- Sanae's Starfish bread. Ushio must have inherited her resistance to those bread from her grandmother.

- Fuuko the "alien". Though Fuuko's warped-up logic led her to believe she's in the Planet of the Dangos.

- Nuclear tight-overalls. Enough said.

- Fuuko openly and shamelessly flirting with Tomoya. Even Kyou has the decency not to do that to avoid hurting Tomoya's feelings, but Fuuko's so eccentric she could practically get away with it.

As though pre-programmed, Ushio seems to have an affinity for Akio's "special place" which has now been converted into the hospital. Amazed a 5-year-old girl like her can wander alone without anyone noticing, even more amazed Tomoya didn't get arrested for gross negligence, leaving a child alone in her home. Anyway, I think I'll suspend my cynicism for the sake of artistic license. Good thing Ushio's a very good girl.

A very warm episode, however, that warmness is soon cruelly taken away at the end. Typical Key emotional tactic, but it works.
Old 2009-02-27, 15:07   Link #53
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Dango Daikazoku was beautifully painful. Its already got me near the cry button, but to add the "could have been" Nagisa to it just pushes the button faster than Fuuko can launch nuclear warheads. It was probably a good thing to have Fuuko right after that...the humor helped even with Tomoya's rememberances and "could haves" (or perhaps "should haves").

My thoughts on the end credits would have been that they intended this for the DVDs where you really wouldn't see the credits until the final episode (or at least the end of the disk)...but the way episode 17's credits were done...sort of changes that view. One wonders what they are planning.
Old 2009-02-27, 15:39   Link #54
Viters
Hellsing Agent

That was very nice and not so sad episode...

[snip]

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-02-27 at 15:56. Reason: no spoilers!
Old 2009-02-27, 16:01   Link #55
Divini
Senpai!

"Cute Ushio ate a cute bread, and the cuteness squared in power!"

Ahahaha!

But...

Looking at the final scene... oh no no no! Not her too! I don't know how much more my heart can take...
Old 2009-02-27, 16:45   Link #56
Tiran86

I'm really hoping she's just got a fever and doesn't have Nagisa's illness. The episode title for next episode doesn't bode well for that though.
Old 2009-02-27, 16:49   Link #57
cbatty
Such is liff

Ahhh what a splendidly happy change of pace. Lot's of light hearted moments in this episode, even some manly tears at some points, especially in the scene where Tomoya dreams of Nagisa and when Tomoya is telling Fuuku-chan about her. I guess that I am still mourning Nagisa's passing.

It is a shame that Fuuku or Tomoya don't remember their time together in High School. That said, if they did then the reminiscing about Nagasi would not have worked as well as it did.

Botan is huge - it is hard to think of him as the cute little ball of pig that he was in the first series. The Tomoya - Kyou - Ushio interactions were great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
As though pre-programmed, Ushio seems to have an affinity for Akio's "special place" which has now been converted into the hospital. Amazed a 5-year-old girl like her can wander alone without anyone noticing, even more amazed Tomoya didn't get arrested for gross negligence, leaving a child alone in her home. Anyway, I think I'll suspend my cynicism for the sake of artistic license. Good thing Ushio's a very good girl.

A very warm episode, however, that warmness is soon cruelly taken away at the end. Typical Key emotional tactic, but it works.

Yeah I don't think that Tomoya will be leaving Ushio alone again after what happened at the end of the episode.

So is there a consensus about how many episodes there are left?
Old 2009-02-27, 16:59   Link #58
Proto

There is, but we can't answer that question in this thread. Redirect your question to the Q&A thread and you'll get your answer
Old 2009-02-27, 16:59   Link #59
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Man, are they're gonna break our hearts again? If this is going the way of the game, the story better end with collecting all of them light orbs and getting the satisfactory results out of that.
Old 2009-02-27, 17:19   Link #60
Justin Kim
*Artist

Nuh-oh no way, that did not just happen. I was watching it towards the end all happy and gleeful, and then reality struck me again. Tomoya better get his act together, and not chicken out on this one again due to his parental remniscing about Nagisa.
Closed Thread