AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-07-13, 23:19   Link #1
jedinat

Become hooked on audiobooks?

I've been recently stuck painting the house and in other menial labors, and have thus resorted to listening to audiobooks and dramas to keep my sanity. Yet I now am finding myself listening to particularly decent books when going to the store, walking around the house, and even laying on the bed... even when I can quite easily and more quickly read the book myself, I am not. Have I become lazy? lol. I've been a rather avid read for as long as I can remember, yet this new trend on my part is worrying me.

What say you? lol
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 00:56   Link #2
Theowne
耳をすませば

I listen to audiobooks on my commute to and from my university. However, as delightful as some of the readers can be (on Audible, at least), I would never, ever pick audiobook listening over reading on paper, just because it's a huge waste of time. It takes far longer to finish a single book by listening to it. So I usually just keep an audiobook on my iPod handy for those situations where I can't have a real book with me.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 01:31   Link #3
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

I've got a friend who loves audio books. I personally find that I have trouble paying attention to them though. I have to have the books in my hand for me to really focus. But to answer your question I wouldn't call it lazyness, bu my multitasking skills have never been any good.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 05:25   Link #4
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I love them... ever since "I am America and so can You!" ... I've also heard (not read but heard) "The art of War" and "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho ... I hear them when I go to bed... I have several in my Amazon wishlist
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 05:34   Link #5
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I can appreciate audiobooks, but I prefer to read the words myself because it gives me much more room to use my own imagination of the environment, the characters and their surroundings. I have much more freedom to interpret the characters myself. Sure, listening to an audio-book while commuting or doing chores would be fun, but I wouldn't do it before having read the actual book myself first.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 05:34   Link #6
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I used to LOVE them when I was a kid. Now I listen more to podcasts, but I'll probably pick up a few because of the nostalgia. <3
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 08:55   Link #7
Amon81

I listen to them all the time at work. I work nights and nobody minds me having my headphones in. Its a fantastic way to pass the time in a dull job.
Amon81 is offline   Reply With Quote