AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-20, 02:21   Link #2001
Pika_power

We don't actually have any proof of the Lion-world being as Bern displays it. She shows the 'truth' of Ange's world, certainly, but when it comes to revealing Lion, she doesn't use any red. She just presents an illusion.
Old 2010-12-20, 02:40   Link #2002
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Then again, she doesn't prove Ange's truth in Red either.
Old 2010-12-20, 02:47   Link #2003
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

She was about to, though. I wonder if Bern's really that able to predict Ange's reaction that will cut off her speech?
Old 2010-12-20, 03:12   Link #2004
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Then again, she doesn't prove Ange's truth in Red either.
doesn't she say 'This is all truth--'sometime during the show.. I'm very sure of that

Not about lions world, but about ange's world. Also, there are several indicators to the truth in lions world too, i.e. lions gun wound, and the fact that will couldn't hurt bernkastel. I do suspect that some of it is made up, and it will be Bern's doom in the final game
Old 2010-12-20, 03:12   Link #2005
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
She was about to, though. I wonder if Bern's really that able to predict Ange's reaction that will cut off her speech?
Yep.

It's pretty clear that someone in Ange's situation would likely make some kind of interruption mid-sentence, even if it's only to try and deny it.

Moreover, "this is truth" is borrowing a bit more from the Colbert Lexicon than it is confirmation of any objective facts.
Old 2010-12-20, 03:18   Link #2006
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I certainly hope that whole Kyrie and Rudolf thing isn't going to be the final truth. It'll be ever so disappointing.
Old 2010-12-20, 03:34   Link #2007
Pika_power

Isn't that a proper truth? "This is all truth—"

What was the original Japanese of that line?
Old 2010-12-20, 03:36   Link #2008
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

But EP4 has already established that it's possible to lie in red if the sentence isn't finished.
Old 2010-12-20, 03:37   Link #2009
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Uh... it did?
Old 2010-12-20, 03:38   Link #2010
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
I certainly hope that whole Kyrie and Rudolf thing isn't going to be the final truth. It'll be ever so disappointing.
I absolutely doubt it will be. It is a possibility, and a damn likely one, according to Bern. And even if it isn't her, Kyrie's speculation indicates that if she and Rudolf hadn't orchestrated their plan, another one of the pairs of adults, or Rosa, would've.
So the heartless truth is that in all cases, one or two of the adults goes gold-crazy, kills somebody, on purpose or by accident, and everything goes to hell from there.
However, don't forget the heart. Battler seems damn set on showing a truth which isn't so heartless, and there's no way we've seen the last of Will and Lion. Bern may be offering no happy ending, but I doubt that'll sit well with those three.
And that's mostly the plot for Episode 8, if you ask me.
Old 2010-12-20, 03:39   Link #2011
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
doesn't she say 'This is all truth--'sometime during the show.. I'm very sure of that

Not about lions world, but about ange's world. Also, there are several indicators to the truth in lions world too, i.e. lions gun wound, and the fact that will couldn't hurt bernkastel. I do suspect that some of it is made up, and it will be Bern's doom in the final game
Yea, so? And it's cut off. We've already been shown that false things can be said in red so long as it's not completed; look at Battler at the end of EP4.

Ontop of that, the way the Japanese phrase was worded, it was basically set up so that if not interrupted, it could've possibly read "This is not really truth."

The best way to phrase it in English might be "This is all truth--for this specific gameboard."
Old 2010-12-20, 03:43   Link #2012
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Well, that adds more credibility to it, especially since in Japanese, the "not" is usually placed at the back of the sentence.

Quote:
Uh... it did?
Battler was able to say "Ushiromiya Asumu is the mother of Ushiromiya Battler" partially in red.
Old 2010-12-20, 03:47   Link #2013
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Yea, while I'm at it, the last Red Truth could be read as A happy ending will not be given, which has assloads of connotations.
Old 2010-12-20, 03:48   Link #2014
Pika_power

Quote:
But EP4 has already established that it's possible to lie in red if the sentence isn't finished.
I don't know about the original Japanese, but it appears only the truth can be spoken in red, no matter what. So indeed, It was from Ushiromiya that Battler was born. That's true. It couldn't be falsified into mentioning Asumu's name.

On the other hand, "This is all truth— NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" seems to be legitimate, at least for Ange's world.

EDIT: Disregard this post, as I now DO know about the original Japanese, thanks to a previous post.
Old 2010-12-20, 03:56   Link #2015
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

A happy ending will not be given. It has to be earned.
Old 2010-12-20, 04:00   Link #2016
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

One theory i have after reading ep.7 is that the many witches of theatergoing that Bern and Lambda talk about from time to time is actually a reference to those of the readers who just sit back and let others come up whit the answer for them, just enjoying the show whit as little interference as possible.
Old 2010-12-20, 04:08   Link #2017
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

So who are the people who actually try to interfere? Bern and Lambda? XD
Old 2010-12-20, 04:21   Link #2018
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
So who are the people who actually try to interfere? Bern and Lambda? XD
sounds possible, i also think its possible Will, and maybe even Ange falls in this category
Old 2010-12-20, 04:22   Link #2019
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

EP7's main story really made me think of Bern as Good All Along. Then the tea party crushed it all. D;
Old 2010-12-20, 04:26   Link #2020
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
EP7's main story really made me think of Bern as Good All Along. Then the tea party crushed it all. D;
i see that you have never watched movies/anime's where the bad guy play good to trick evryone including the addience youst to wrap it up by laughing at them.
Closed Thread