AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 50 46.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-20, 00:28   Link #101
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
It can't be the library teacher; he has no real connection to Class 3-3, which is why he took that job in the first place. He's basically the safest character (unless he dies in something that takes out Asthma Kid).
Old 2012-03-20, 00:29   Link #102
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giriath View Post
Still hoping asthma boy or the library teacher is the Another, making for a nice troll away from all the action. Wouldn't it be hilarious if everyone kills each other or burns in the fire, asthma boy asphyxiates in the backseat and the librarian drives into the sunset with a smile?
That would be a cheat to the audience; everyone going around in a wild goose chase just to tell them at the end that the objective was always there right in front of their noses, and everyone was just too stupid to notice it.

In the previous episode, Misaki replied to Kouichi's question that the Another is with everyone else at the Inn.
Old 2012-03-20, 00:35   Link #103
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

This ep was downright bloody chaotic. I don't mind too much how the creators decided to do a battle royale for this ep but including that old lady killer was really unnecessary. Her presence detracted from the real focus of the episode. So it looks like the more popular Another candidates that were suggested so far were proven false. Now I'm really interested to know who the extra student really is.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-03-20, 00:40   Link #104
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You know if all those people dying when trying to murder Mei were an actual power, she'd be practically the world's deadliest person
QFT. This episode is also almost like Carrie, except in some ways it's in reverse... and the episode should be renamed as Episode 11: F*ckup.

Spoiler for Anticipating Armageddon...:

Spoiler for What a smarting headache...:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-20 at 01:14.
Old 2012-03-20, 00:45   Link #105
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Lol, I have trouble taking this episode seriously with everyone getting into a lol-Higurashi face time. But they sure had a blast. It's almost like they knew the anime wasn't gonna sell well, so rage quit?

But poor Akazawa, you too as well? I guess it was too chaotic, but Mei doesn't know what to do at times. At least they looked cute running around from the craizes, making for some entertaining popcorn horror movie moments.

Bouncing off, spilling blood, lalallallala. 7/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-20, 00:50   Link #106
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Well, maybe it's because I haven't seen Higurashi, but damn, those were some of the creepiest slasher smiles I've seen on either side of the Pacific.
Spoiler for another 11:
Just because it's been done a lot doesn't mean it's no longer scary.
Old 2012-03-20, 01:01   Link #107
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Guys, guys. No matter what we really shouldn't make fun of how someone died

On second thought

Girl, you are doing it wrong

Misaki Mei : "This shit is so crazy to watch even with just one eye."
America: 10
France: 10
Japan: 10
China: 10
Russia: 10
Hungary: 10

And Another wins the gold medal~zona!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-03-20, 01:03   Link #108
EroKing

Oh hey, look at the preview. This anime is so awesome we see Izumi and Mei rolling down the stairs on the floor
Old 2012-03-20, 02:21   Link #109
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Why the comparison? Since both materials are adapted into two different media.
eh because one adapts the other? One borrowed its very premise, plot and story from the other? Because they both tell arguably a similar tale?

What's wrong with comparing things anyway? Forget materials that bear the same name. I do absolutely no harm in comparing this episode of Another with cheap B-class horror movies. Or some badly written fanfiction. Comparison is just that. Taking two materials and seeing one through the other's filter. Nothing wrong whatsoever with doing that.
Old 2012-03-20, 02:36   Link #110
Unknown Soldier
:D

I can't wait to read the manga after this show is over and see how the ending was originally handled. Because THIS SHIT CRAY in this episode, wow.
Old 2012-03-20, 02:42   Link #111
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I can't wait to read the manga after this show is over and see how the ending was originally handled. Because THIS SHIT CRAY in this episode, wow.
Actually the manga's version of the finale differs even more from the source material than the anime does. I have to say I like the manga's version of events least because it came down to pure chance, while the anime at least retained the notion of things having consequences. The manga's finale basically came out of nowhere.
Old 2012-03-20, 02:47   Link #112
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I thought I was the only one who thought that the girl that fell from the window was funny.

Spoiler for pic:

I mean come on, who falls and gets that position. XD

Old 2012-03-20, 02:48   Link #113
Unknown Soldier

So neither the manga nor the anime are actually following the novel at this point?

I'm not really very happy about that.
Old 2012-03-20, 03:03   Link #114
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
So neither the manga nor the anime are actually following the novel at this point?

I'm not really very happy about that.
Both the manga and the anime do follow the novel's plot and basic structure, but they do take some liberty in how certain events unfold and how that connects into other events. It's not like you are presented with a completely different story, the differences are rather small when considering their impact on the events. It is not at all like usually in adaptations where there is a point when the plots completely seperate from each other.
The only thing that would actually warrant reading the novel after having seen the anime would either be being a huge fan of the story or to get some additional information that was cut out of the anime for length.

The manga...well it does it's job I suppose. In the end everybody has to decide on his own...I like the art of the manga better than Noizy Ito's designs for the anime, but the anime generally had a much more even pacing.
Old 2012-03-20, 03:15   Link #115
Unknown Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
The manga...well it does it's job I suppose. In the end everybody has to decide on his own...I like the art of the manga better than Noizy Ito's designs for the anime, but the anime generally had a much more even pacing.
I've read the first 2 chapters of the manga, and while Mei was hawt in the manga, her cuteness is quite literally a miracle of the universe itself in the anime. Honestly now that I've gotten used to over-9000-cuteness Mei in the anime, I'm not sure how I'll readjust to the manga where she's merely hawt.
Old 2012-03-20, 04:09   Link #116
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
I've read the first 2 chapters of the manga, and while Mei was hawt in the manga, her cuteness is quite literally a miracle of the universe itself in the anime. Honestly now that I've gotten used to over-9000-cuteness Mei in the anime, I'm not sure how I'll readjust to the manga where she's merely hawt.
And there was a girl who looked exactly like her except without the eyepatch.
Old 2012-03-20, 04:18   Link #117
sa547
*Author

Noticed the poll; it's probably the first time that all the score slots have been selected.

Found this:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-20 at 04:42.
Old 2012-03-20, 04:31   Link #118
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I thought I was the only one who thought that the girl that fell from the window was funny.

I mean come on, who falls and gets that position. XD
When I watched this scene, I was like .

Of all positions, it had to be that 'bridge' yoga pose.
Old 2012-03-20, 04:56   Link #119
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I ... I... I don't even. Am I still watching another, or did I accidently turn on Higurashi or Battle Royale lol.

How to start describing this ep. Well for one it was very entertaining, albeit very over the top in what I thought was originally a rather, reserved, subtle series for the most part (minus some cheesy BGM here and there). Then all of a sudden, dem yanderes faces started popping up everywhere with some of the most horrific deaths that puts that umbrella one from episode 3 to shame. And to be frank and excuse my lack of manners but they were unintentionally hilarious.

Killer granny? LOL. Guy who got staked a bazillion times in the face as if I was suddenly watching Chaos;Head. LOL. Dat Neck dislocation. LOL. Dat Telephone cable strangulation. LOL. Dat MC knee to a girl's "lower region" because she was trying to stab Mei. LOL. This is some quality unintentional comedy. It's "so bad it's good".

Unfortunately, when it comes to the crunch to assess it from a "serious business" mode, this was a rather bad episode. Not sure it was due the source material being like this or if PA decided to go into anime original territory, but it most definitely felt off from the rest of the series.

7/10 for the lulz factor.
Old 2012-03-20, 05:29   Link #120
SidVicious
Anime addict

Just a guess...

Spoiler for Ep. 11: