AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2005-12-19, 11:14   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Lightbulb AnimeSuki Mascot Design Contest

Spoiler for Details:
Spoiler for Brief:
Spoiler for Rules:
Spoiler for Prizes:
What happens next?
Firstly, fear not: I have all the entries that were submitted on time. I probably won't be posting them here just yet though.

With regard to the two late entries; I'll give you a little while to PM them to me.

Old 2005-12-19, 20:10   Link #2
darthfurby

Yaaay the forums are back! My design got bitchslapped by the deadline, but here it is anyway:

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/283281

My poor design. May it make a deadline in the mascot afterlife. Funeral services are tomorrow.
darthfurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 11:47   Link #3
e_blu

suki-suki!

I posted this right before the forum crashed the 2nd time...^^;;;
so here it is!

I didn't do as much as I wanted to... I wanted to make more costumes for her... and more expressions... T_T But final exam is not permitting... T_T

Well, enjoy anyway! She's fun! X3 You can play paper doll with her!

e_blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 21:35   Link #4
Dreamy Kid2

hi just in case you guys lost it, here is my aki-neko mascot for the contest submission

animated avatar :

Full-sized illustration :

Another sample such as : Banner, another rendering of character ( in different pose or costume ), mascot for merchandise ( printed on tshirt, cap, mug ) are available upon request. cheers
Dreamy Kid2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 21:38   Link #5
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Thanks, but we didn't lose anything that was correctly posted by the close date.
(Which includes your entry)
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 21:44   Link #6
Dreamy Kid2

ups sorry about that nightwish, i guess i was just a bit worried
Dreamy Kid2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 19:05   Link #7
1337_493n7

Yay! You guys kick butt!!!
1337_493n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 00:53   Link #8
merln
HRH

Sadly missed the deadline for this contest... I was wondering---when will the next one be? Any rough timeline/date? Because I don't want to miss it!

Merln
merln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 18:16   Link #9
fishcraft

man what happen is the contest still on?
fishcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 18:39   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcraft
man what happen is the contest still on?
Yes. We're currently deliberating.

* NoSanninWa makes a mental note to cut another few entries from the running tonight.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 14:21   Link #11
1337_493n7

Would it be possible to put up the top 10 or 5 or so, and have the people from the forums give feedback? The desision would still be up to staff, but you could also get an idea of what everyone else thinks is suitable as well, If that makes any sence at all.

Also those that are close could produce further renderings to get more of an idea as well.
Old 2006-01-21, 02:27   Link #12
fishcraft

man i posted my project so long time ago and from that time they said will lets us know when they got decision.
man and they have been selecting those project of ours for so long never even get any answer what the heck and soon will be chinese year =.=ll man

oo0oo -.-" oo0oo
Old 2006-01-21, 02:28   Link #13
fishcraft

anyway i know that i'm going to lost just wanna see the top 3 winners haiz haiz
Old 2006-01-23, 20:00   Link #14
e_blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_493n7
Would it be possible to put up the top 10 or 5 or so, and have the people from the forums give feedback? The desision would still be up to staff, but you could also get an idea of what everyone else thinks is suitable as well, If that makes any sence at all.

Also those that are close could produce further renderings to get more of an idea as well.
that's a good idea...
off course it all depends on the admins!^^

it HAS been quite a while, isn't it....
e_blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 17:27   Link #15
Shiroi Kaze

Well besides making additional artwork, it would let the dozens of people that didn't make it into the top 5/10 know that they don't have to keep checking this thread for another couple months....
Shiroi Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 12:44   Link #16
1337_493n7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Kaze
Well besides making additional artwork, it would let the dozens of people that didn't make it into the top 5/10 know that they don't have to keep checking this thread for another couple months....
agreed on both parts
Old 2006-01-27, 13:36   Link #17
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Exclamation

Firstly please don't post in the missing registration thread except to let us know you've re-registered. It just makes more work and slows the process down while we check each post to make sure the person wasn't trying to tell us they entered and had to re-register.

Secondly:
Quote:
... it would let the dozens of people that didn't make it into the top 5/10 know that they don't have to keep checking this thread...
People don't need to keep checking that thread (or this one); a new one will be created announcing the winners once they've been notified and the front page of the main site will be updated to reflect this. If you use the site (which we assume those who entered do) you'll know if you've won without much effort on your part.

We'll make the announcement when we've come to a final decision and not before -- we're not looking for a public vote and we're not presenting each round of our discussions for public approval. We do want the staff to unanimously agree that the entry selected is perfect however and this cannot be rushed. The process wasn't helped by the down time, people not re-registering quickly and the fact the staff don't have an infinite supply of free time. We ask that you just be a little more patient...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 13:50   Link #18
1337_493n7

Sorry! I wan't trying to be rude.

I guess I'm excited/anxious, even if (and I probably won't) win.

But you're right, you should take your time to make sure you've got the best!
Old 2006-02-01, 17:56   Link #19
Shiroi Kaze

Sorry if I'm coming over cynical... it's just I've seen this kind of thing happen in the past. You get a contest with so many great entries and no clear winner that it lands up a winner never gets announced... this happened to all who entered Mark Brooks' design a Capcom character contest on Drawstick... three years and still no winner announced.

Of course I'm not accusing you guys of being like Mark Brooks... I mean he did have the excuse of being hired to draw Spider-man... just don't leave us high and dry on this one.
Shiroi Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 11:51   Link #20
NinjaServ

Quote:
Sorry if I'm coming over cynical... it's just I've seen this kind of thing happen in the past. You get a contest with so many great entries and no clear winner that it lands up a winner never gets announced... this happened to all who entered Mark Brooks' design a Capcom character contest on Drawstick... three years and still no winner announced.

Of course I'm not accusing you guys of being like Mark Brooks... I mean he did have the excuse of being hired to draw Spider-man... just don't leave us high and dry on this one.
I would have to agree, It's like two months past due now....I mean...if the missing entries were the winner....announce it and they might message you...
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote