AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-13, 16:23   Link #541
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Not going to work on this at all...definitely not...
Don't be shy, give it a try!

It's not like it's a grimoire that would (rip) you apart... Probably.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-13 at 22:03. Reason: lol typo
Old 2012-08-13, 22:01   Link #542
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't be shy, give it a try!

It's not like it's a grimoire that would you apart... Probably.
Are you trying to kill me or are you killing me?
Old 2012-08-13, 22:33   Link #543
tsunade666

that's the cover for the author of IS's new work? I only see big boobs with pistol on her hand. Those booby girls doesn't even had the air of someone knew about gun. Civilians? and no I don't read the synopsis of it or summary given but the reviews that kuroishinigami. That I read.

Seriously its like he hits his ends wits with all his repetition on plot and try a new one but fails on it.
Old 2012-08-13, 22:37   Link #544
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
that's the cover for the author of IS's new work? I only see big boobs with pistol on her hand. Those booby girls doesn't even had the air of someone knew about gun. Civilians? and no I don't read the synopsis of it or summary given but the reviews that kuroishinigami. That I read.

Seriously its like he hits his ends wits with all his repetition on plot and try a new one but fails on it.
I've seen some of the illustrations, the red hair girl was firing a SAW light machine gun.

Yes, it's some kind of... Virtual Reality game? Augmented Reality maybe? Well it's a survival game... Probably.
Old 2012-09-04, 09:36   Link #545
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Before you ask- Yes, I have no idea what this is, But anything drawn by Noizi Ito is an automatic win

Old 2012-09-04, 09:57   Link #546
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

That's a catchy review title O_O. A novel's potential that surpass LN. The author is the same author who write the original Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, which means it's a light novel by a very renown novel author(he wrote lots of novel already, not to mention he also a play writer and an actor O_O).

BTW, Just picked up a new novel by the author of "Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan" tittled Crocro-clock(クロクロクロック). It has the same mysterious atmosphere for its character just like "Mii-maa", yet on the same time the story is not that heavy. Just the right amount of goodness for a light novel. For a very brief synopsis,

"6 people somehow end up with a gun bought from the same dealer(not all of them buy the gun, some of them accidentally pick it up). It turns out, the dealer make a mistake and one of the 6 gun is actually a model gun instead of real gun. Trapped in a situation where they might end up having to use their gun, who's the one who got the model gun."

From what I read so far(still very little), it's pretty entertaining, and highly recommended for people who like "Mii-ma" due to the similar writing style, but don't expect the character to be as broken as Mii-kun and Maa-chan, although one of the protagonist is a professional killer who has no qualm in killing other people in cold blood. From the volume numbering, it seems this will be a short series with only 6 volumes(not including side stories).
Old 2012-09-04, 18:20   Link #547
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
That's a catchy review title O_O. A novel's potential that surpass LN. The author is the same author who write the original Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, which means it's a light novel by a very renown novel author(he wrote lots of novel already, not to mention he also a play writer and an actor O_O).
I guess that means he's badass
Old 2012-09-04, 19:01   Link #548
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

More like a super well-known veteran with several best-seller. I wonder why he decide to write a light novel though. Maybe he wants to prove to those new writer that the limit of light novel media is far higher than what they do right now or something? :P
Old 2012-09-04, 19:08   Link #549
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well that will have to really depend on what Bianca will be about...
Old 2012-09-04, 19:58   Link #550
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
More like a super well-known veteran with several best-seller. I wonder why he decide to write a light novel though. Maybe he wants to prove to those new writer that the limit of light novel media is far higher than what they do right now or something? :P
Like I've said- badass

Plus they've paired him with Noizi Ito; her illustrations would definitely catch the otakus' attention, even if they're not a fan of adolescent girls leaping through space-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Is there a synopsis yet?
Old 2012-09-04, 20:40   Link #551
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
IMO, the novelist writing skill can make or break a story no matter how good/absurd the premise is. What I'm skeptical about though, is his usual more-heavy writing suit the light reading habit of ln reader or not(heavy as in, more exposition, less dialogue, less used kanji being used, more obscure vocab, etc.).

As for synopsis, I'll try to find one later at home. Not a fan of such perfect-in-public-with-dark-secret type of protagonist that much, but if the premise is interesting enough, I might give it a try considering I quite enjoy the original toki-kake(different story from the anime movie BTW, it's the story of the movie protagonist's aunt in her youth).

Edit : reading the review above, it seems bianca is indeed closer to your usual novel than a light novel. The review also said, there's actually no need for the illustration in the book to exist to call the book complete, just like Suzumiya Haruhi series. No synopsis on that review though except that Bianca is supposed to be the prettiest girl in her highschool.
Old 2012-09-05, 03:19   Link #552
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Kamachi Kazuma series release update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
Dengeki Bootleg was just sent out, so we have the full NT5 summary:

New Testament To Aru Majutsu no Index 5
November. The season for the giant cultural festival known as the Ichihanaransai has arrived.
At the same time, Kamijou Touma has finally returned to Academy City. After his Anti-Gremlin expedition caused by World War 3 in Russia, he has finally returned to his tender and peaceful everyday life with Index and Misaka Mikoto...or so Kamijou Touma optimistically hoped. With the appearance of an unexpected person, his hopes have vanished into thin air! Who is this ultimate rival that has appeared before him?
Hamazura runs around Academy City while acting as the guardian of Fremea who has a habit of getting herself lost, Accelerator is back to normal as he gets pissed at having to babysit Last Order, Level 5 Mugino Shizuri makes home cooked meals as part of her rehabilitation, and more. With Academy City as its stage, the New Testament series charges forward with a new development!

Also, in the November releases.

The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village 2
A Yuki Onna, a Succubus, and a Zashiki Warashi... Why are all these beautiful Youkai girls and women living in my house!? And another incident occurs!? The occult comedy round 2!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-09-05, 06:18   Link #553
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To round it all up, here are the rest of Dengeki Bunko's November titles:

(Looks like a new Shana S novel)

Quote:
電撃文庫

11/10発売

●灼眼のシャナ S III 【著:高橋弥七郎/絵:いとうのいぢ】
●トカゲの王 IV インビジブル・ライト 【著:入間人間/絵:ブリキ】
●インテリビレッジの座敷童 (2) 【著:鎌池和馬/絵:真早】
●彼女はつっこまれるのが好き! 8 【著:サイトーマサト/絵:魚】
●ねじ巻き精霊戦記 天鏡のアルデラミン II 【著:宇野朴人/絵:さんば挿】
●選ばれすぎしもの! 2 【著:峰守ひろかず/絵:京極しん】
●朝岡ひよりのドキドキカルテ 2 【著:時田 唯/絵:タケイオーキ】
●ライアー・ライセンス 3 【著:市原秋太/絵:モフ】
●ハレルヤ・ヴァンプ II 【著:山口幸三郎/絵:がおう】
●スクリューマン&フェアリーロリポップス 2 【著:物草純平/絵:皆村春樹】
●人形たちの夢 後篇 【著:水鏡希人/絵:文京竹見】
●ちびとも! その2 【著:中村 一/絵:color】
●野崎まど劇場 【著:野崎まど/絵:森井しづき】
●五線譜なんて飾りですっ! 【著:一色銀河/絵:wingheart】
●ラストセイバー 救世の後継 【著:兎月山羊/絵:荻pote】
●完璧なレベル99など存在しない 【著:周防ツカサ/絵:明坂いく】
Old 2012-09-05, 13:08   Link #554
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Like I've said- badass

Plus they've paired him with Noizi Ito; her illustrations would definitely catch the otakus' attention, even if they're not a fan of adolescent girls leaping through space-time

Is there a synopsis yet?
http://toro.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/magazin/1345561340/

There's the novel thread but it hasn't taken off yet....

Personally, I'll just wait for it to drop into Kino then go browse.
Old 2012-09-09, 21:13   Link #555
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A whole bunch of new titles out this week... The Ninja and Nun ones caught my attention

Quote:
きわめて忍極

著者/ 阿智太郎
イラスト/赤りんご

その巻物を読みし者、死あるのみ!
忍者少女と純朴少年の学園コメディ!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

忍者なんて、とっくの昔に絶滅している。それが世間の常識だろう。

だけどそれは違っていた。滅びてしまった流派も数多くあるが、幾つかの有力な流派は今も存続していたのだ。

そして、そんな忍者業界絶対の秘巻、『忍極之巻』をひょんなことから読んでしまった相沢カケル十六歳。彼の前に現れた美少女転校生が告げる。「ごめんなさい、相沢君。私はあなたをこのままにはしておけない」と!? カケルの恐怖と甘~い日々が今はじまる!?

Quote:
やがて魔剱のアリスベル

著者/ 赤松中学
イラスト/ 閏月戈

恋と闘争の日々が、今、始まる!!
モーレツなアクションファンタジー!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

──現代日本。社会の闇には『異能』と呼ばれる者たちが潜み、互いに超常の戦いを繰り広げていた。超能力者、魔法少女、先端科学を操る天才児――異能の少年少女を集め、秘密裡に隔離教育する高校、『居鳳高』。そこに自分の能力すら知らずに入学させられた静刃は、魔女クラスの優等生・黒髪ツインテールの美少女アリスベルと出会う。ケンカしながらも共闘し始めた2人は“恋心を喰い、異能の武器を産む”美人妖怪・貘との奇妙な三角関係に……。

Quote:
雪の翼のフリージア

著者/松山 剛
イラスト/ ヒラサト

雪のように白い《新たな翼》を手に入れ、
少女は再び大空を目指す──!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ここは翼をもつ人々が住まう世界。事故で翼を失った『飛翔士(ルーラー)』の少女・フリージアは、再び空を飛ぶために《義翼》職人・ガレットの元を訪れた。ガレットは、あくまで代替品の《義翼》で過酷な飛行レースに臨もうとするフリージアに呆れるが、彼女との間に『ある因縁』があったことを知り、力を貸すようになる。目標は飛翔士たちの最高峰『天覧飛翔会(グラン・ルーラ)』での優勝。果たして少女の信念は空を制することができるのか──。

Quote:
ペニンシュラの修羅

著者/吉田親司
イラスト/甘塩コメコ

隠居した英雄を呼び戻すために、
3人の“超問題児”たちが嫁に行く!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

隣国の侵攻を受け、危機に陥るペニンシュラ王領。国難を救うためにはかつて救国の英雄と謳われながらも陰謀により隠遁生活を余儀なくされた、イートン・アンシャル卿の力が必要不可欠だった。
 彼を担ぎ出すために白羽の矢が立てられたのは、修道院で暮らす3人のシスターたち。敬虔なる神の信徒でありながら自由奔放に生きる彼女たち“破戒修道尼僧”は、はたしてアンシャル卿を隠遁生活から連れ戻すことができるのか!?
Old 2012-09-09, 21:23   Link #556
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
That nun is looking pretty awesome in that pose. Hope it'll be worth it to check out.
Old 2012-09-09, 22:20   Link #557
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Out of curiosity, is 雪の翼のフリージア related to 雨の日のアイリス?
Old 2012-09-09, 22:49   Link #558
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Same author huh, but it seems the world setting is very different from the synopsis. Probably worth a try though considering how good ame no hi no iris was(translated in baka-tsuki under iris on a rainy day. A very recommended reading)
Old 2012-09-10, 02:13   Link #559
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Same author huh, but it seems the world setting is very different from the synopsis. Probably worth a try though considering how good ame no hi no iris was(translated in baka-tsuki under iris on a rainy day. A very recommended reading)
Intriguing. Worth a look then!

Has anyone read バタフライ×ブレイクダウン? I've checked around and it seems to have gotten mostly favorable reviews, and I'm curious if anyone here has read it.
Old 2012-09-10, 03:11   Link #560
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Out of curiosity, is 雪の翼のフリージア related to 雨の日のアイリス?
Eh? Same author...? This will be interesting then

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases