AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-01, 11:41   Link #521
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanca View Post
L Elf head-to-toe analysis. Look at how he really fancy Shoko's cooking. He'll likely also go to Earth in 2nd cour so he'll probably has withdrawal syndrome for not eat her cuisine for some time. Pity him LOL.

That tart evidence. .. XD Shoko makes a good housewife. Can't blame him since he is really well-fed in JIOR though, he was also properly nourished back in Dorssia, but it's just that L Elf's simply pampered with Shoko's exotic cooking compared to mainly tastless food and daily servings of eggs that await him in Dorssia.

As the saying goes, "A way to man's heart is through his stomach."
Old 2013-10-03, 00:33   Link #522
Destined_Fate

I can see Shoko giving him food without him asking for it and him pretending he didn't want itbut will eat it anyway.

Like L-Elf about to go reveal or a plan or make an announcement and her force feeding him first so he keeps his energy. Or her feeding him before they go to events with him being her super soldier bodyguard and second.
Old 2013-10-03, 00:57   Link #523
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I can see Shoko giving him food without him asking for it and him pretending he didn't want itbut will eat it anyway.

Like L-Elf about to go reveal or a plan or make an announcement and her force feeding him first so he keeps his energy. Or her feeding him before they go to events with him being her super soldier bodyguard and second.
It would be so much of a surprise if L Elf were to pull a feigning protest over Shoko's attempts of feeding him with her hands.
Old 2013-10-03, 12:14   Link #524
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
It would be so much of a surprise if L Elf were to pull a feigning protest over Shoko's attempts of feeding him with her hands.
Hasn't he done that already in episode 9 when she came in with that jelly snack and he was like "taste doesn't matter, nutrition is more important." and she just shoves it in his mouth lol and he had that "damnit this is good" look on his face, ahhh it was adorable

We better see more Shoko x L-Elf x Food moments. She needs to keep him fed and healthy aha
Old 2013-10-03, 23:51   Link #525
Destined_Fate

L-Elf is passive Tsundere.

He wants her food and enjoys eating her food but he will never admit it and will deny it if she offers it because he wants her to feed him personally "against" his will as he doesn't even try to stop her.
Old 2013-10-04, 08:51   Link #526
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
We better see more Shoko x L-Elf x Food moments. She needs to keep him fed and healthy aha
I can tell Shoko silently going to the kitchen like a ninja while L Elf watches her surreptitiously as she starts throwing some ingredients in a pan or what. Okay, it's cooking time. Shoko won't have much spare time to do some cooking because she will be occupied with her position most in the government as prime minister. Oh well, she has her ways, also L Elf won't allow such talent to go to waste. Besides, he fancies her--I mean--L Elf loves Shoko's cooking.

L Elf, How does Shoko taste. . . wait! I mean, yeah! lol XD I wonder how her food turns out palatable despite its distasteful appearance?
Old 2013-10-04, 10:54   Link #527
Divino

It looks like not everybody can eat Shoko's cooking:

Spoiler for concept art:
Old 2013-10-04, 14:12   Link #528
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

^maybe it's not hers or I am just wrong.

Looks she's just about to start.
Old 2013-10-04, 14:37   Link #529
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
^maybe it's not hers or I am just wrong.

Looks she's just about to start.
Spoiler for I think:

Last edited by Divino; 2013-10-04 at 14:49.
Old 2013-10-04, 19:56   Link #530
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Spoiler for I think:

Thanks. Magic cooking and long hair, can't wait to know a bit of her past. Few days more before KV airs.
Old 2013-10-04, 20:50   Link #531
~BC~

It might just be that Haruto doesn't have a taste for whatever it is Shoko cooked. It happens even to the best of chefs. The guy beside him (Kyuuma?) seems fine with it.
Old 2013-10-04, 21:15   Link #532
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
It might just be that Haruto doesn't have a taste for whatever it is Shoko cooked. It happens even to the best of chefs. The guy beside him (Kyuuma?) seems fine with it.
Look at his face closely. He really isn't.

Spoiler for sort of unrelated:
Old 2013-10-05, 11:47   Link #533
Destined_Fate

Yes, Brock is merely being considerate and hiding his disgust as he doesn't want to her Shoko's feelings.
Old 2013-10-05, 14:36   Link #534
vanca

Found this

Why I find it's interesting and post it here? LOL as you can see, this article is supposed to be Kimura Ryohei (L Elf's VA) interview and he mentioned Shoko's name several times. There's so little info about Shoko in 2nd cour so I just try to dig for any new tidbits. I was so curious at first because I thought this is real character interview, so I thought finally we can hear directly from L Elf about his opinion of Shoko. Then I realized it's just the VA so I was a bit disappointed. Well it's already known that he fancies L Elf's interactions with Shoko so no wonder of his mention. I'm still interested to know what he says in case there's some hints but sadly many of the letters are too blurred to read. The characters he mentioned most is Haruto, Shoko. Then A Drei, then Lise.

Last edited by vanca; 2013-10-13 at 07:18.
Old 2013-10-05, 14:43   Link #535
Fjoergyn

I have an intuition that we are going to surprise us with the love interest of L-11
Old 2013-10-05, 15:23   Link #536
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I wouldn't be surprised. They have to resolve the Shoko/Haruto/Saki situation. Then if they choose to actually pair up L-Elf and Shoko they have to resolve his situation Lise. Plus building romantic feelings between the two.
Old 2013-10-05, 15:46   Link #537
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I wouldn't be surprised. They have to resolve the Shoko/Haruto/Saki situation. Then if they choose to actually pair up L-Elf and Shoko they have to resolve his situation Lise. Plus building romantic feelings between the two.
Haruto is the first love of Shoko, I think that's not something that can be easily damaged. It is unclear whether Haruto and Saki will have a relationship, everything is confusing.

It is illusory to imagine something between L-11 and Shoko, because I feel that she will not receive adequate attention in the coming season. Maybe I'm wrong, but it is better to wait
Old 2013-10-05, 15:52   Link #538
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Haruto is the first love of Shoko, I think that's not something that can be easily damaged. It is unclear whether Haruto and Saki will have a relationship, everything is confusing.

It is illusory to imagine something between L-11 and Shoko, because I feel that she will not receive adequate attention in the coming season. Maybe I'm wrong, but it is better to wait
The fact she hasn't been as heavily featured in the previews compared to Haruto, L-Elf and Saki could possibly mean they're planning something big with her character or like you said, she may not get as much attention.

Like you said better to wait and see.
Old 2013-10-05, 17:58   Link #539
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post

I have this feeling that VVV wouldn't go with the "Childhood friend" route. Which I'm glad for.

Idk why Japanese anime/manga culture love the childhood friend ending so much, IRL, I or any other person wouldn't go with a girl just because shes my childhood friend. Most people tend to date strangers over their childhood friend.

Also, most people also don't end up with their first love, a first love is always broken in most scenarios.

So if Sunrise does go with the childhood friend route, I'll be severely disappointed. Considering all the randomness that VVV has thrown our way, I don't think that they'll go with something so obvious as HaruShoko or LisoElf.

Those are the obvious pairs, I'd say go with the less obvious pairs. *crosses fingers*
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-05, 18:56   Link #540
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I have this feeling that VVV wouldn't go with the "Childhood friend" route. Which I'm glad for.

Idk why Japanese anime/manga culture love the childhood friend ending so much, IRL, I or any other person wouldn't go with a girl just because shes my childhood friend. Most people tend to date strangers over their childhood friend.

Also, most people also don't end up with their first love, a first love is always broken in most scenarios.

So if Sunrise does go with the childhood friend route, I'll be severely disappointed. Considering all the randomness that VVV has thrown our way, I don't think that they'll go with something so obvious as HaruShoko or LisoElf.

Those are the obvious pairs, I'd say go with the less obvious pairs. *crosses fingers*
Is quiet the opposite actually. In most anime/manga the childhood friend in a love triangle rarely wins.
I think is a little unfair to compare haruto/shoko to l-elf/liso since Haruto and Shoko have known other for a long time and know each other quiet well and their love for each other is mutual. While L-Elf only met Liso for like a few minutes when he was younger and has not seen her ever since, so whatever feelings he might have for her are all based on delusions on his mind from one act of kindness that happened a long time ago. We dont know Liso's stand on this either. We dont know if she is still the same way as she was back then (she has been locked for a while now and 10 years is a long time). For all we know she might not even remember who L-Elf is by now.
I do agree that first loves never work out whether is in IRL or in anime. And I feel like Valvrave is not going to make an exception on that.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters