AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-16, 08:42   Link #121
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Awww. Koshi is sad. No more Shirase Akira? Maybe they should make a manga or something for it instead. =( It'd be such a shame for it to just end like that. It was such a cool series~
Old 2004-07-16, 12:44   Link #122
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, I don't know how much of an impact it would have, but maybe if we wrote the studios a letter asking them to continue the series, they might. Cause if they know fans are going to want to see a second season they can show that to potential sponsors and the chances of a 2nd season go up all that much more. Also, it will depend on how well the dvd's sell in Japan and how well they sell stateside.

But definately writing letters to them would be a big boost to getting this to come out for a 2nd season. We'll just need to tell them to make it full 30 minute shows.
Old 2004-07-16, 17:23   Link #123
Anlushac11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
One thing has bugged me since I watched this series. What was the deal with the little boy crying in the phone booth?
I will have to go back and watch the show to be sure but I think that was a flashback to a childhood incident the recurring character Akizuki Takashi had. Im not sure what it relates to, being left alone or abandoned but the flashback seems to affect his decisions.

I want to see more Yoriko and the blonde from ep 15.
Old 2004-09-24, 19:03   Link #124
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
I liked BPS too.

it appears S2 won't be starting for the Fall Season either...and i doubt the january season. Maybe next spring. HOPEFULLY. and BPS S1 aired on like 4 different channels, so it can't have been a lack of broadcaster.

If i ever win the lottery, i will open a USA anime company, and liscenced BPS, alongside the yuusha series (like GaoGaiGar), Shinkon Gattai Godannar, Kamikaze Kaitoy Jeanne, and Full moon wo Sagashite.
Old 2004-09-25, 10:11   Link #125
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Gods does this anime SUCK!!!

But i found it funny at times, especialy getting nabbed in all those compromising positions. I relised once i stoped trying to makes sense of the show it made sense heheh. The other thing i think is wrong with it is the same thing Wind had, each episode is only 10 minutes or so long, so you just get into it when it ends.

I'll probably get any future episodes, just to see what the hell happens, and what other positions he gets caught in hehehe
Old 2005-01-04, 03:48   Link #126
Fronzel
Schmuck

I'm a bit late on this one, aren't I? Oh, well. Just watched it, and it was quite good. Here's hoping this isn't one of those shows that meets its end before it really got to go anywhere.
Old 2005-01-04, 04:35   Link #127
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

BPS was only good for 2 things to me: Shirase as a super geek with dinosaur age PC's and Yoriko Yunoki [Orikasa Fumiko going full out to steal the show as the loli genius with a maneater/yuri switch ].

Oh, and having one of the most head sticky and catchy ED themes for 2003
Old 2005-01-04, 13:01   Link #128
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I LOVED BPS!
To watch you must be in computers as most of the tech terms are very boring.

But if you can follow all the stuff he does it's a fun riot. Also the girl in Episode 5 reminds me of Lisa in Girls Bravo.

Too bad this is a Doshinji (did I spell that right?) and will probably never finish. But then look at Tsukihime, that was a fan comic that became a kickass anime.
Old 2005-01-04, 20:31   Link #129
Archaic

....now just how exactly is this a doujinshi? Oo;; I don't know if the Shirase manga, if there was one, started like that or not, but the anime certainly isn't a "doujin anime" or anything along those lines.
Old 2005-01-04, 20:34   Link #130
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Right at the beginning of Episode 1....it says something like 'this was done by a group of independent animators. Please show much love so we can get enough funds to make another'. (I paraphrased it...I can't remember , it was a lot of text).

That's where I thought it was a doujinshi.
Old 2005-01-04, 20:58   Link #131
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, even if they were independent animators, they'd still need a sponsor. Because you don't get airtime on any network unless you have one or you've got a bloody huge bankroll to back you up, because it ain't cheap getting your show on TV, especially prime time.
Old 2005-01-05, 02:54   Link #132
Fronzel
Schmuck

More Johnny-come-lately discussion! In episode 4 part 2, when Shirase and Misao were alone together, the lights flickered, meaning the implausible Horny Maker (TM) was activated, and this made Misao act funny and clingly, but then why did it make Shirase less lolicon then ever before? He's got Misao cuddled in his crotch, and he's all like "Are you sick? Should I get your Mom?"

It worked when he was in the elevator with Sae-sensei.

On a more general note, the comedy style of this show is fairly unique, it would be a terrible shame if it's never picked up again. I mean, even all the loli fanservice doesn't seem whorish or anything.
Old 2005-01-05, 04:05   Link #133
Korb
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
In episode 4 part 2, when Shirase and Misao were alone together, the lights flickered, meaning the implausible Horny Maker (TM) was activated, and this made Misao act funny and clingly, but then why did it make Shirase less lolicon then ever before?
Well, Shirase is a rational adult above all else. He knows that taking advantage of Misao would be wrong, especially when she's acting oddly, and would almost certainly make him somebody's girlfriend in prison. While he certainly displays very obvious lolicon tendancies during the series, he never attempts to commit any crimes when the opportunities present themselves. Always a pervert, never a statutory-rapist. I'm sure that aside from what we see in the series, he's had plenty of opportunities in the past considering he's lived near Misao for the last few years I think, though his attraction to her is probably more recent due to her entering adolescence.

On the other hand, he may simply not have enough time to do anything in the first place since usually somebody catches him with his face in Pantsu-land pretty quickly once he gets there. :P
Old 2005-01-05, 04:30   Link #134
Archaic

It would seem this about confirms it. No chance of a continuation from the looks of it. A pity.

http://www.anime-int.com/works/bps/tv1/index.html

Quote:
プレゼントのお知らせ---
「はい、おしまい。」
Old 2005-01-05, 11:12   Link #135
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korb
I am Korb.
Yeah, but it seemed like he didn't feel anything in the first place, rather then thinking better of it and restraining himself. He got a litttle antsy with Sea-sensei, after all, and I don't think he wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
It would seem this about confirms it. No chance of a continuation from the looks of it. A pity.

http://www.anime-int.com/works/bps/tv1/index.html
That's horrible, apparently(can't read). Put this one next to Phantom Quest Corp. in the "shouldn't have died" file.
Old 2005-01-05, 12:15   Link #136
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

It's actually pretty short. I pushed it through babelfish and got this.

News of present ---
"To be, end. "

So I guess no more eh ?

I wanted to see more comedy between Sae-Sensei and the Blonde girl.
Old 2005-01-05, 12:33   Link #137
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

No more BPS? That's sad. I love BPS. I was looking forward to see more of it too. ;_;

Grifis
Old 2006-07-18, 04:05   Link #138
Meico

OK, a couple of things. The child in the phonebooth is the person who is hireing BPS's feelings about not being able to tell anyone about the 'injustice' he was seeing.

AND SECOND. I am a hardware hacker (yes, there are many different classes of hackers). I loved every time he started doing anything techinical. The way they completely respect computer hackers. I use almost all old hardware when I work. I would take a pentium 3 over anything I could get these days. I have seen a well wrighten C program ( an old computer language ) on a pentium 2 computer beat the hell out of a java ( one of the newest and popular programming language ) program running on an amd64 machine. There is a demand for anime like this out there. I cant believe that im the only one out there that really craves a good computer related anime. The only ones that I can even think of is Chobits ( Ok, good consecpt but a little too short on the design) Hand Maid May ( I actually really liked this one, Most of all I liked that the guy was soo decidecated to his work) and A.I. Love You ( Good from the programming perspective, but I didnt like the OH MY LIGHTENING HIT MY COMPUTER AND NOW I HAVE A GIRL FRIEND, LALALA). Does anyone know of any other good computer anime?
Old 2006-07-18, 10:34   Link #139
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meico
I am a hardware hacker
And a thread necromancer.
Old 2006-08-18, 01:40   Link #140
yamakazy

damn they should carry on making episode for that, it was one of the best
Closed Thread