AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-02, 23:48   Link #81
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
I kind of remember that he turned his head away while saying that, and said it, and then some kind of comedy part started.
He wasn't really turned to look at her at all, more like a glancing-look. The comedy scene was where Renji showed up and Ichigo tossed Rukia at Renji football-style.
Old 2006-03-03, 00:37   Link #82
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

I think Kenpachi and Unohana would make a good couple. Look at link.
http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures.php?pid=342231
Old 2006-03-03, 15:39   Link #83
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
I just rewatched it. We're not at love yet, but we are getting there. I'm not saying one will definitely happen over the other, I'm just saying which I prefer and supporting that idea.

What, you're saying Ichigo would lie about something so serious with a straight face? I think you're thinking of a different Ichigo. Ichigo is nothing if not honest (unless he has to lie for the better good or to help someone of course). At the very least, he'd blush and stutter over his words as he frantically tried to deny the idea.
Heh, you have a point there...

I dunno....he sorta seemed to miss her in ep 63, though didn't he? And those flashbacks...wow they did that scene so much that I got annoyed with it...
Old 2006-03-03, 16:32   Link #84
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
Heh, you have a point there...

I dunno....he sorta seemed to miss her in ep 63, though didn't he? And those flashbacks...wow they did that scene so much that I got annoyed with it...
Which gives you the slight hint.
Old 2006-03-04, 18:50   Link #85
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Indeed it does!
Old 2006-03-04, 21:17   Link #86
Mousuke

Browsing through this thread, I have come to two conclusions:

1. This Rukia/Ichigo/Orihime triangle debate is ruthless XD
2. When people are bias to a certain pairing, they will interpret actions of those characters as "proof" that the pairing is canon and disregard actions that support alternative pairings as irrelevant.

That said, here's my beef:

My favorite favorite favorite pairings are Ichigo/Rukia and Gin/Rangiku.

Few people seem to care about Gin/Rangiku, which surprises me because I think it's pretty cool. And sad. They definitely have some sort of depressing bittersweet backstory going on between them, and will likely have a depressing bittersweet end/conclusion. Since nobody really cares about this pairing but me, I'll just move on. *sniff sniff*

Then there's Ichigo/Rukia, which I suppose belongs here because the Ichigo pairings always call forth the debate whores. So yes, I love Ichigo/Rukia and yes, I think it's canon. The entire show pretty much exists because Ichigo and Rukia met, and the entire first episode is devoted to their meeting. Then the entire Soul Society arc exists because of Rukia and Ichigo's determination to save her, and now the current manga arc is sort of reversed, all about Ichigo's angst and desire and I'm sure that Rukia will come into play like she always does.

I won't be a noob and claim that Ichigo loves her or visa versa, but they have a strong connection that I tend to think of as more than friends but less than something romantic. Yes, Ichigo is also close to Chado and Ishida, but his connection with Rukia is something different than his connections with those two. They support each other, they look out for each other, they depend on each other, they trust each other, they stick their necks out for each other. Even in the pre-Soul Society miniarc I found it extremely generous of Ichigo to share his room with her. Again, I'm not saying that any of this is out of "love" because the connotations for that are different, but it's a different sort of "caring" than, say, Ichigo letting Chado stay at his house for a few weeks.

That, and Ichigo and Rukia have this wicked chemistry I haven't seen him have with any other female character. He's open and completely comfortable with her, and it's been proven that she's the only one who could end his self-pity and get his rear in gear (even Orihime acknowledged this). Again, not something out of "love", but a connection stronger and different than one Ichigo's had with other girls. (I'm emphasizing this so much because I HATE it when people put words in my mouth. ^_^) Their interaction has many layers; they're friends, co-workers, partners, and supporting guidance. Their connection is one of the most complicated in the entire series.

So, I suppose you want to hear why I'm not Ichigo/Orihime, huh? First, let me say that I don't hate Orihime--actually, I've come to like her for who she is. She's a kind hearted, gentle, soft spoken character who provides a nice contrast to the brash ones like Ikkaku (bless you, Ikkaku ^_^) I think she's one of those overlooked characters just because she's not built for combat, kind of like Hanatarou, who never fought but played a hell of a huge role leading Ichigo through the labyrinth of Soul Society. I like Orihime, just not with Ichigo.

I've yet to really see anything that solidifies Ichigo/Orihime as something other than one-sided. Yes, Orihime cares for him and even says that she "loves" him. She has a crush on him. She admires him. But Ichigo doesn't reciprocate this. I haven't really seen them seriously connect on any level--actually, he seems rather formal with her, calling her by last name and acting polite. He doesn't really joke with her or tease her. I think Orihime's crush on Ichigo is going to be her motivation, like her admiration for him will propel her to become stronger/more useful/more important, but ultimately I see her getting together with Ishida, a nice pairing that I've come to like a lot.

So...Ichigo/Rukia for me!
Old 2006-03-04, 21:41   Link #87
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

I would think that Ichigo takes Orihime as a responsiblity. Reffering to the episodes of her brother coming back as a hollow.
Old 2006-03-04, 22:10   Link #88
Erised

Renji/Rukia
Hitsugaya/Hinamori
They're very cute together

OffTopic:
1st post on this forum.Welcome to the forum meee! xD ^^
Old 2006-03-05, 10:37   Link #89
asam_laksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
I would think that Ichigo takes Orihime as a responsiblity. Reffering to the episodes of her brother coming back as a hollow.
HALLELUJAH!!!

Then I hope Ichigo wouldn't object at all giving Orihime freely to Hitsugaya Toshirou.

I think Hitsugaya Toshirou deserves to have Orihime more than Ichigo.
  1. He likes to frown, but deep inside he's very kind-hearted. Orihime crushes such guy.
  2. He protects the people he like very much fiercely. ('Hurt her and I will kill you')
  3. While he protects the person he love/like, he gives the free liberty for them to act freely without stopping them.
  4. He has a great deal of self-confidence over himself (which Ichigo does not at the moment)....so Orihime wouldn't fret herself over him.
  5. Orihime is the kind of girl that respects a lot. She wouldn't poke Hitsugaya down, by calling him shorty or the name he doesn't like. And I don't think Hitsugaya, once he know Orihime very well, would want to refuse to eat Orihime's weird food, scold her for being ditzy / wild. Nope, I have a feeling that Hitsugaya would swallow himself first than to hurt Orihime intentionally.
  6. Orihime calls Hitsugaya Toshirou as Toshirou-kun. That means she finds herself much more comfortable being with Toshirou than with Ichigo.
  7. Hitsugaya is the child prodigy. Even if Orihime is unable to use zanpakutou, Hitsugaya would be able to train her in the ways of demon arts. That would make them much more closer.
  8. Hitsugaya is extra sensitive to his enviroments. He would be able to pick up the vibes just like how Orihime is able to pick his. And in his gruff and scold manner (which Orihime seems to understand why and likes very much), Hitsugaya would MAKE AN EFFORT TO CHEER HER UP. (I don't see Ichigo trying to cheer Orihime up)
  9. And knowing Hitsugaya, he wouldn't allow Orihime to self-sacrifice herself to the extend of her life. He would always think about his precious people all the time.
  10. Hitsugaya is THE CAPTAIN. Ichigo?? Just a substitute shinigami with an embarrassing hollow trying to eat him from inside. I think Orihime is much more SAFER BEING WITH HITSUGAYA than with Ichigo.
Yep, I think Orihime would definitely be much happier with Hitsugaya than with Ichigo. And Hitsugaya is worth more than ten Ichigo to Orihime.

Bah, Ichigo with Rukia.....yeah like married old couple. So what?? If they are going to beat and insult each other almost every day, I think their lives would be interestingly short

It won't happen OrihimexHitsugaya?? Right now, Hitsugaya is living under her roof. It's bound to happen. And when that happens, I hope Ichigo would relinquish his responsibility to protect Orihime to Hitsugaya.
Old 2006-03-05, 18:17   Link #90
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

A little , but I just wanted to say what I think about IchigoxOrihime in relation to the first arc of the fillers:

A guy who cares a lot about the people around him, and especially about those who have hepled him, isn't concerened when his friend is captured by the enemy? That just didn't make any sense to me. >.> I blame it on the anime staff for doing Ichigo's reaction wrong. Whether or not Ichigo likes Orihime, it goes without saying that Ichigo would not be taking it very lightly at all if any of his friends were captured by an unknown enemy.
Old 2006-03-05, 19:13   Link #91
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
A little , but I just wanted to say what I think about IchigoxOrihime in relation to the first arc of the fillers:

A guy who cares a lot about the people around him, and especially about those who have hepled him, isn't concerened when his friend is captured by the enemy? That just didn't make any sense to me. >.> I blame it on the anime staff for doing Ichigo's reaction wrong. Whether or not Ichigo likes Orihime, it goes without saying that Ichigo would not be taking it very lightly at all if any of his friends were captured by an unknown enemy.

Thats when the comparison of Rukai about to be executed, in soul society, and Orihime being kidnapped by unknown people, and ichigo is taking it like a joke, come into place. Then again it was fillers after all.
Old 2006-04-06, 07:40   Link #92
Sweet_Chinkz

My thoughts on possible pairings:

Ichigo x Rukia: They have a big possibly of getting together in the future, as they are first male and female lead in Bleach. I mean Ichigo went all the way to SS to save her didn’t he?

Renji x Rukia: I think Renji cares for Rukia very much since they grew up and joined Death God School together. But I don’t see these two getting together (they would make a cute couple though), even though a lot of people out there are fans of this possible pairing. I see it as Renji likes Rukia but I don’t see Rukia returning it back as there’s also Ichigo in the picture. It will prob end up in a love triangle between Ichigo x Rukia x Renji.

Ichigo x Inoue: Ah I don’t see these two pairing up either. Its very much one sided that Inoue obviously has a crush on Ichigo but nothing more will come off it. She prob knows that she and Ichigo can never hook up as there’s obviously Rukia in the picture. Remember when she asked Rukia if she was going out with Ichigo when they were in school in the real world? She didn’t look at all jealous when she asked, so she prob knows its only a crush that will go nowhere.

Ishida x Inoue: I would like these two to get together, I wouldn’t really mind cos you can see that Ishida has a lil crush on her. Like everytime he blushes after she thanks or compliments him. Haha.

Ishida x Nemu: I would love these two get together somehow. I just love the way they met. I don’t know why there aren’t more people mentioning these two as their favourite or possible pairing. I mean they would so suit each other in terms of looks and personality. I mean they are both quiet and in some sense secretive. If only they can somehow pair up in the future, but some1 did point out that it could be a challenge as Ishida is a Quincy and Nemu is a Death God who is the daughter to Mayuri who prob killed Ishida’s grandfather in one of his twisted experiments. But fingers crossed for them… =)

Hitsugaya x Hinamori: Oh my gosh! This is ultimate favourite couple! It’s so plain to see that Hitsu likes Hinamori very much. The lengths he went to to protect her is so heartwarming. Like the way he went to Ichimaru first and when Hina showed up and he told her to step back so he can defeat Ichimaru for her, ah that was so sweet. He’s so so so cute and would seriously match with Hina. I mean he’s always trying to protect her, and the way he’s ready to kill any1 that even hurts her is so sweet. I swear they have to pair up in the future, if they don’t I would be so disappointed man. No not just me but a whole load of people will be very disappointed.

Hitsugaya x Matsumoto: Ah this pairing will never happen, as I believe Hitsu likes Hinamori a lot and prob for a very long time as well. While Hitsu likes Hina, Matsumoto seems to like Ichimaru even though she prob knows she shouldn’t, but they do have a deep history together that we don’t really know about apart from the fact that he did save her from starvation. Anyways back to Hitsu and Matsu, I just truly believe they have an exceptionally good Captain and Vice Captain relationship where they fully trust and respect each other. And while Matsu is so so lazy at her job, Hitsu tolerates it which shows what a good Captain he is. Plus the age difference between the two is a big issue. He’s still a kid while Matsu is a fully erm… developed. Haha. He’s much more suited to Hina where the age difference looks like its only prob a yr or two.
Old 2006-04-06, 23:38   Link #93
bubblleboi

my favorite is ichigo + rukia

and hitsuyaga + hinamori
Old 2006-04-07, 01:39   Link #94
ChoboChan

Tatsuki/Orihime is my OTP. ^^

Soi fong/Yoruichi come in second. >_>;
Old 2006-04-07, 10:18   Link #95
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblleboi
my favorite is ichigo + rukia

and hitsuyaga + hinamori
i think that it would be really close to incest, they are like brother and sister.
LoL

Who would renji be good with?

Maybe Matsumoto?
Old 2006-04-07, 11:48   Link #96
Rurik
Golden

I think the best couples I’m seen so far are this one:

Ichigo and Rukia, this has being one of the most beautiful pairing I'm seen in Anime, really, One of the reasons I follow the series, is to see this interesting pairing, A Human, and a Soul. And Im lloking foward that they end up together.

Orihime and Ishida, Their Interaction during the Soul Society arc, gave me the impression that something was born between this two

Hitsugaya and Rangiku…ohhh yeah I can se that happening, but I would not like to see Hitsu-sama going again for Hinamori, I really did not liked how she treated Hitsu, it was your normal girl Blinded by crush behavior, and Hitsu really was devastated by this,, I think his behavior towards Hinamori after the battle in SS ended (the scene in the Hospital with Unahana) it is what she deserves from Hitsu. I wouldn’t forgive her.

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2006-04-07, 12:51   Link #97
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I'd still like to see Aizen x Hinamori. Worth it solely because of Hinamori's cute Aizenmode.

And it's possible if you consider the chance that his Zanpakuto might be the one behind it all, controlling Aizen's mind(which would lead to a cool "Team Ichigo vs the Zanpakuto incarnations" arc after the current manga arc. *dreams*
Old 2006-04-09, 07:58   Link #98
asam_laksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
I'd still like to see Aizen x Hinamori. Worth it solely because of Hinamori's cute Aizenmode.

And it's possible if you consider the chance that his Zanpakuto might be the one behind it all, controlling Aizen's mind(which would lead to a cool "Team Ichigo vs the Zanpakuto incarnations" arc after the current manga arc. *dreams*
I am all for AizenxHinamori!! I think Hinamori really loves Aizen more than she loves Hitsugaya.
Old 2006-04-09, 16:54   Link #99
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa
I am all for AizenxHinamori!! I think Hinamori really loves Aizen more than she loves Hitsugaya.
Mmmmmmmm, I believe it's more a high level of admiration than love. As someone once said in anime, having a crush and being in love are two different things.

And of course, being realistic: it's just not gonna happen. Unless Aizen goes amnesia on us and Hinamori ends up taking care of him as he recovers.
Old 2006-04-09, 18:58   Link #100
shikamarufoo

IchigoxOrihime
RenjixRukia
HitsugayaxHinamori

also liked this one, though not as a bf/gf couple, just a funny "pair"
KenpachixYachiru (that's the little girl with the pink hair right)
Closed Thread