AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 41 33.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-05, 12:51   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Minori is broke...and probably a lot more than Kitamura over there

Though I am wondering when it is time for Ami to take to the spotlight again and show us all just exactly how much more mature she is compared to the others ^^'

For now...may Minori sort out her problems quickly...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-02-05, 13:23   Link #22
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I think some people are gonna be unpleasantly surprised when the motivations behind Ami's behavior show up. I mean... the hints the show's giving us... It's not like she's this saintly goddess of the just, you know? That's exactly what makes her so special.

Old 2009-02-05, 13:27   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Is that some hinting?

Well as long as it isn't "screaming and kicking" I can swallow most things

(And her a saint? Never saw that XD).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-02-05, 14:39   Link #24
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I kind of felt she acts more mature than she really honestly is. The mask slips every now and then. If she could quit being 'Ami-chan'. Easier said than done.

Interesting hints.
Old 2009-02-05, 18:29   Link #25
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I started watching the RAW, and when I realized there was a significant focus on Ami, I stopped. This is going to be good. Again. Haha.
Ah, episode is worth watching now.
Old 2009-02-05, 21:04   Link #26
typhonsentra

Heh, I like that CoalGuys admitted last week that they aren't going to rush translations out anymore since there's no competition.
Old 2009-02-05, 21:58   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Heh, I like that CoalGuys admitted last week that they aren't going to rush translations out anymore since there's no competition.
I think its kind of interesting they thought there was some kind of "competition" and that speed was the determining factor. Now will they go back and rework their translations in the earlier episodes?
Old 2009-02-06, 00:13   Link #28
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think its kind of interesting they thought there was some kind of "competition" and that speed was the determining factor. Now will they go back and rework their translations in the earlier episodes?

Minor translation issues < watching it sooner than later.

The one thing I tend to be impatient about (not so much publicly) is anime. I hate waiting, especially if I actually know what day to expect to see the episode. Thursday without Toradora! is just so empty. It's a good thing the Halo Wars demo was dropped on us today or I would've been so horribly bored.
Old 2009-02-06, 00:22   Link #29
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode, although there is some bitter part (for me at least), love relationship is so hard sometime.
Old 2009-02-06, 00:43   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

Minor translation issues < watching it sooner than later.

The one thing I tend to be impatient about (not so much publicly) is anime. I hate waiting, especially if I actually know what day to expect to see the episode. Thursday without Toradora! is just so empty. It's a good thing the Halo Wars demo was dropped on us today or I would've been so horribly bored.
Depends on what you call "minor" if major plot points are lost because of a mistranslation (not accusing coalguys of anything - but a translation heavily affects perception of events, one that misses an important nuance can leave a viewer wondering why X happened instead of Z a few episodes later).

Also... I don't know... be glad delays are the exception rather than the norm any more? That even a couple of years ago, it wasn't unusual to wait a week or even a month for an episode release? (or months/yrs if all the fansubbers doing a series imploded?).

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-02-06 at 01:20.
Old 2009-02-06, 04:14   Link #31
babbsagg

I'm somehow struggling with that star metaphor. What's it supposed to symbolize?
The TxR realtionship which M thinks she has "shattered" by allowing herself deepen her own relationship with R? Or M herself who was once compared to a sparkling sun? Im kinda lost there...

Last edited by babbsagg; 2009-02-06 at 05:43.
Old 2009-02-06, 04:45   Link #32
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I think some people are gonna be unpleasantly surprised when the motivations behind Ami's behavior show up. I mean... the hints the show's giving us... It's not like she's this saintly goddess of the just, you know? That's exactly what makes her so special.

And Just What do you think her true intentions are???
Old 2009-02-06, 04:56   Link #33
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfWorlds View Post
And Just What do you think her true intentions are???
I'm quite sure she, herself, is confused about them, mate. So, it's kinda difficult to guess - but I don't think she's entirely altruistic about everything.

Old 2009-02-06, 07:50   Link #34
RogerOsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbsagg View Post
I'm somehow struggling with that star metaphor. What's it supposed to symbolize?
The TxR realtionship which M thinks she has "shattered" by allowing herself deepen her own relationship with R? Or M herself who was once compared to a sparkling sun? Im kinda lost there...
Taiga's Star = Minorin's Friendship with Taiga
If she gets close with Ryuuji, will she lose Taiga forever? Ryuuji tries to help out, saying that "Everything can be fixed/Even if you two hit a rough patch, friendship will fix everything", but Minorin is far too afraid to open up to people to listen any further and just tries to run away from everything (as she can't quit pull off the genki behavior like she usually does instead). We'll see what happens when she can't run away any further next episode.
Old 2009-02-06, 08:03   Link #35
babbsagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerOsk View Post
Taiga's Star = Minorin's Friendship with Taiga
If she gets close with Ryuuji, will she lose Taiga forever? Ryuuji tries to help out, saying that "Everything can be fixed/Even if you two hit a rough patch, friendship will fix everything", but Minorin is far too afraid to open up to people to listen any further and just tries to run away from everything (as she can't quit pull off the genki behavior like she usually does instead). We'll see what happens when she can't run away any further next episode.
Thanks, kinda obvious when you think about it. Must be my lack of sleep >_<
Old 2009-02-06, 08:08   Link #36
wynaut
Photoshopper

wooo. this episode is perfect for me.. 10/10

i was shocked when ami told something to ryujii at the storeroom..

Spoiler for ami said to ryujii:

it kinda made me smile..this is going to be interesting!!!
Old 2009-02-06, 09:05   Link #37
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynaut View Post

I got the feeling he didn't really quite heard that last part inside your spoiler... but yeah, that was VERY interesting, IMHO.

Great episode, and the bar keeps getting raised higher. This series is mostly filled with great characterization (it goes almost without saying), but these latest episodes are making it hard to listen to most detractors, anyway. 10/10 from me.

Old 2009-02-06, 10:56   Link #38
Fran~
floating away...

Woot...

Chibi Taiga!! instant WIN!!
Amin went directly to Ryuuji's psyche.... that girl must be Freud's grandaughter
Minorin is FUBAR... as simple as that...
Ryuuji will need a Fashion Emergency ASAP...

Damn good episode... really... i could feel minorin's sadness, that was really emotional, another great work of Yui Horie-Sama...

Yuri-chan needs a Xmas hug =3
Old 2009-02-06, 11:18   Link #39
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynaut View Post
wooo. this episode is perfect for me.. 10/10

i was shocked when ami told something to ryujii at the storeroom..

Thanks for the info. I'm indebted.

She wants that to happen eh, somehow.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-02-06, 11:20   Link #40
mrmarvel90

For some reason i believe that the star at the top of the Christmas tree represented ryujii. Minorin is afraid of taking some precious away from taiga. Even though the star was fixed up it wasn't the same, minorin is scared to break something that once broken wont be able to be completely fixed again. Taiga holds ryujii precious regardless, it doesn't matter to minorin if taiga just likes ryujii or loves him. She just doesn't want to take something or someone, that special from her friend. Especially from someone like taiga who doesn't really have a lot to begin with, if you really think about it. Almost all of the changes and growing up taiga has done throughout the series(not counting her Christmas behavior) has been because of her time spent with ryujii. Minorin has realized this. I think the incident may have furthered minorin's thinking in this way reinforcing her sense of guilt. Also with the way Ami was speaking to ryujii, it almost felt as if she was giving up...cant wait to se what happens next
Closed Thread