AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 10 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 21.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 29.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-03, 11:30   Link #41
Nosauz

The best thing from the arc is the sarcastic narrator, it's almost a call me ishmael type thing which is why I seemed to be so drawn to it.
Old 2010-09-03, 12:31   Link #42
Itlandm
Porcupine

Now Junichi reminds me of those guys who stay at a low managerial job so they can sexually harass the new employees who are too nervous to protest. I cannot imagine how he can possibly recover his respect after this. Even though they seem to think it will all be alright when they reveal that Sae actually enjoys being the bottom, it is clear that Junichi did all this without knowing that. So he is really a bad pervert after all, when the woman does not have the strength (Kaoru) or social status (Haruka) to resist him.

There was plenty of humor in this episode, I particularly enjoyed the talking vending machines. But the behavior of the male protagonist left the whole thing with a bad aftertaste.
Old 2010-09-03, 12:35   Link #43
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just give Junichi the benefit of the doubt that, at least for this arc, he's far too stupid and/or hypnotized by Sae's chest to realize that he's acting like a dirty old man. What astounds me is that Sae doesn't have the sense to even have the least bit of suspicion as to why her "training" is what it is, even if Junichi does have the best intentions at heart.
Old 2010-09-03, 12:39   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I knew you'd love it
That was a fun scene.
Sure was. They have those kind of spars here where fish eat the dead skin of your feet. I better go more often and see if i can come across a girl who'll react the way Sae did.
Old 2010-09-03, 13:51   Link #45
Nerroth
NePoi!

After watching the subbed version of the ep, I'm pretty sure that Sae was quite into things throughout; more so than he is (since I'm fairly sure she knows her own feelings towards him more than he does towards her).

Although, I'd be worried about the prospect of her falling for any person who shows a degree of supportiveness towards her; in other timelines, I'd hope she'd find someone who would deserve her affection for their own sake, not simply because they approached her first (for whatever reason).

I was hoping Haruka would have a chance to use the 'Myaa' line when she glomped Miya for reals, though.
Old 2010-09-03, 13:58   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I was hoping Haruka would have a chance to use the 'Myaa' line when she glomped Miya for reals, though.
Well Haruka isn't really meant to know Miya's name, so..
Old 2010-09-03, 13:59   Link #47
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I just give Junichi the benefit of the doubt that, at least for this arc, he's far too stupid and/or hypnotized by Sae's chest to realize that he's acting like a dirty old man. What astounds me is that Sae doesn't have the sense to even have the least bit of suspicion as to why her "training" is what it is, even if Junichi does have the best intentions at heart.
This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
After watching the subbed version of the ep, I'm pretty sure that Sae was quite into things throughout; more so than he is (since I'm fairly sure she knows her own feelings towards him more than he does towards her).
I think Sae has a good handle on things. She doesn't seem like a stupid girl, just incredibly shy. She goes along with his stupid training so she could spend with him - otherwise she would not be able to.

He's the stupid one with his training. I sometimes think it would be better if they just made him a pervert, admitting he knows what he is doing instead of coming off like a moron all the time. But if they did that, then the times when he gets serious wouldn't work so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sure was. They have those kind of spars here where fish eat the dead skin of your feet. I better go more often and see if i can come across a girl who'll react the way Sae did.
And you'd propose to her on the spot too. Be careful with your towel if you kneel down.
Old 2010-09-03, 16:08   Link #48
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
The narrator got to me in this episode a bit, last episode he didn't and I found him funny but it killed the mood in a lot of points. D : The bikini DID look like lingerie a lot more than a bikini, I was like whaaaat?
Of course, the whole episode was pretty cute. I guess I just really like and can relate to Sae's personality. It wasn't as great as the previous ep, nowhere near imo. D : I give it a 7.5/10. It was still a nice episode, though, seeing Sae getting more courage. I think Junichi is a bit too perverted though, seriously. I loved the vending machines though, too!
Also I went "what the--" when Haruka showed up. They really feel a need to just make random cameos D; Her's was too random imo, it came out of nowhere. It was kinda funny though.
Excited for next week's ep. o :
Old 2010-09-03, 20:05   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn the narrator is still there....At least the scene freezes so it's possible to skip over him.

Nice attack on Miya by Haruka though.

Things are moving along for Junichi and Sae. Guess Junichi's odd thinking this time around was the clothing change. What a guy to come up with something like that for "training" .
Old 2010-09-03, 21:18   Link #50
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

And you'd think he'd ask Kaoru for a uniform for her to practice changing into, right?

Not that I'm complaining or anything...swimsuit and bloomers were win.
Old 2010-09-03, 22:08   Link #51
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Episode 10 is full of win!

Lots of epic Sae moments, like the dress up in PE suit+bloomer and swimsuit, the slip out and breast fondling, Sae in bikini, how Sae looks during hot sex etc.
The "imagining people as vending machines" bit was pretty funny too.

Many very good Miya moments as well, especially where she checks out Sae's breasts... After she saw her brother doing it, she obviously couldn't resist anymore to try them out as well
<-- took the opportunity to make myself an avatar off that scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Instead you got some nice ecchi in a female orgasmic form. Do wonder if the people who made this episode wanted to show us Sae during intercourse in a indirect way maybe? Anyone else think of that?
Sure
Junichi also had very slippery phantasies... so much even that his brain shorted out and he swooned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Why am I the only who thinks it's 10/10....well for ecchi it is...HA!
You're not alone - the episode deserves a 10, especially for the ecchi stuff
Old 2010-09-03, 22:16   Link #52
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
And yeah, Sae sure was sexualized in this ep. She strikes me as the kind of girl you can manipulate into doing anything you want... Junichi is taking advantage of it, even if he doesn't have bad intentions. Is it just me or is he even dumber in this arc? Seems like Sae fried quite a few of his brain cells.
Of course, Moe overdose can kill people, Junichi already showing early symptoms, blood loss and brain leakage the ecchi factor only worsens the effects.
Sai is pure win.
Old 2010-09-03, 22:34   Link #53
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh00 View Post
Of course, Moe overdose can kill people, Junichi already showing early symptoms, blood loss and brain leakage the ecchi factor only worsens the effects.
Sae is pure win.
When he heard her moaning lusciously during the fish scene, that already overloaded his brain... guess that was simply too much for him after he already saw her in some hot outfits and even got a good feel of her breasts
Old 2010-09-04, 01:15   Link #54
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
This show is turning into a comedy. Not that I mind, this makes an arc that I thought would be boring rather entertaining. Some scenes were so absurdly hilarious, like the vending machines ladies one
I had to pause that scene cause I was literally rofling at that scene. Scenes like that and Miya are making this arc enjoyable in Comedy way.

Aside from Comedy though I am enjoy Sae's Arc pretty well so far and I agree with others that she knows what's she doing in this silly training is to spent more time with him.
MAL
Old 2010-09-04, 01:27   Link #55
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Sure
Junichi also had very slippery phantasies... so much even that his brain shorted out and he swooned
Yeah, but I still think he should have let the blood get out his nose instead of over cooking his brain with that boiling blood of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
You're not alone - the episode deserves a 10, especially for the ecchi stuff
I was alone but now it's good some are with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I had to pause that scene cause I was literally rofling at that scene. Scenes like that and Miya are making this arc enjoyable in Comedy way.
YES! YES! YES! I also had the same problem with the ROFL! Glad you too had the best laugh at that part.
Old 2010-09-04, 02:10   Link #56
Wrath88
Kissing...

Lol, talking vending machines. But the later part of the episode was a little uncomfortable to watch.
Old 2010-09-04, 04:14   Link #57
wingman32x

This was an okay episode. Sae looked killer in that bikini. Didn't know she looked that good. The talking vending machines scene was awesome. Miya was entertaining. I love how she always has meat buns on her mind. She used meat buns as a reference point to how big Sae's boobs were. The narrator was kind of unfunny, but at least he doesn't talk over the characters like a certain other narrator. The footbath scene was pretty funny, with Junichi passing out lol. Overall, a fanservicey episode. I give it a 7/10.

One thing I'm kind of ticked about is how little they show Ai compared to the other non-active girls. And when she does show up, it's her usual 10 second cameo that's over right after it starts. With Sae's arc, I thought we would get to see more of her since they're supposed to be friends, but it's all Miya so far. Anyway, that's enough venting. I know her arc is only 3 weeks away, but I would like to see her a bit more .
Old 2010-09-04, 08:31   Link #58
matteas
Member Member

I'm taking back everything I've said before. This arc has turned out to be not only bearable but also quite enjoyable. However, not as a romantic arc, but as a pure laughing matter. The very start of this episode where Sae talks to the vending machine left me speechless and only after a while was I able to burst out laughing. Thinking of people as vending machines was very funny, too. And I thought to have seen everything when Mio in K-ON thought of the audience as potatoes.

The breast fondling scene and particularly its consequent scene was a win. That expression of Miya's was simply priceless. I wouldn't want to rile her up like that.

Morishima-senpa~i!! Brilliant! Every random scene with Morishima-senpai is just so lovely. I wouldn't mind becoming her assault target.

Sae looked damn sexy in those bikinis. I guess they decided to come out with a front attack in Sae's arc to make up for her lack of individual extravagance. Well, I'm not saying that talking to vending machines is something ordinary, hell not. But the erotic picture of Sae makes a great contrast to her shy personality.

Am I the only one who thinks that Sae knows very well that Junichi's training is just sexual abuse, which might not be of any help for her? Actually, I suppose that Sae enjoys those odd activities with sexual note, and that she plays around with him in her own passive way. After all, it was clearly expressed at the end of the episode that she harbors some feelings for Junichi.

By the way, did anyone else think that the monster in Junichi's delusion, who dragged Sae away, was Junichi's vision of Miya? She might have assumed a devil face after seeing Junichi staring at moaning Sae, and she decided to tug her to safety out of Junichi's reach.

Last edited by matteas; 2010-09-04 at 08:49.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:26   Link #59
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

While i found the narrator rather amusing the first time around and didn't think much of him past that, after watching this ep it is dawning on me why they deemed it needed to have him in here - to help offset the fact this arc is bordering on sexual harassment and Junichi basically taking advantage of a shy and insecure girl at times by injecting some "outside humor" in to it, with it being funny being secondary to providing these interventions in the first place.

Seriously, my opinion of Junichi is at a all-time low, and that is putting it mildly. Extremely frustrated is how i felt for the most of this episode, watching him spew random nonsense he has put zero thought in and comes up with on the fly under the pretense of "training", because he has finally found someone who takes it for granted (Or rather ignores it not making sense because she, by some astronomical chance, likes being around this fellow) thus allowing himself feel superior. Seriously, the guy is in love with the sound of himself talking high and mighty too much.

While it was obvious since the start that this guy's a pervert, the issue wasn't nearly this bad in Haruka's arc (where he basically was the puppy begging for attention), nor in Kaoru's arc (where she could easily "trade punches" with him so to speak). Here, it is coming out full force, and it really seems to me Sae's arc is bringing out the worst in Junichi. Considering this is all supposed to be a setup for the eventual romance, i can't say it is working for me, because the only feeling i get is that he shouldn't be allowed to touch her even with a ten feet pole.

I would probably find it highly amusing if Sae's apparently "protective papa" would find out what Junichi has been up to and have Junichi receive some outside input on his "training".
Old 2010-09-04, 20:27   Link #60
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
While i found the narrator rather amusing the first time around and didn't think much of him past that, after watching this ep it is dawning on me why they deemed it needed to have him in here - to help offset the fact this arc is bordering on sexual harassment and Junichi basically taking advantage of a shy and insecure girl at times by injecting some "outside humor" in to it, with it being funny being secondary to providing these interventions in the first place.

Seriously, my opinion of Junichi is at a all-time low, and that is putting it mildly. Extremely frustrated is how i felt for the most of this episode, watching him spew random nonsense he has put zero thought in and comes up with on the fly under the pretense of "training", because he has finally found someone who takes it for granted (Or rather ignores it not making sense because she, by some astronomical chance, likes being around this fellow) thus allowing himself feel superior. Seriously, the guy is in love with the sound of himself talking high and mighty too much.

While it was obvious since the start that this guy's a pervert, the issue wasn't nearly this bad in Haruka's arc (where he basically was the puppy begging for attention), nor in Kaoru's arc (where she could easily "trade punches" with him so to speak). Here, it is coming out full force, and it really seems to me Sae's arc is bringing out the worst in Junichi. Considering this is all supposed to be a setup for the eventual romance, i can't say it is working for me, because the only feeling i get is that he shouldn't be allowed to touch her even with a ten feet pole.

I would probably find it highly amusing if Sae's apparently "protective papa" would find out what Junichi has been up to and have Junichi receive some outside input on his "training".
Now that you put it that way.. I have found it strange that Junichi is making all these strange moves, and they compare to something like perversion. As well as the situatinons in Haruka's and Kaoru's Arcs. So basically what were seeing in a standard "Teacher taking control of the Student" so Junichi can basically do whatever he likes and calls it "Training"... Hmm very perverted indeed, now my thoughts of Junichi are getting rather low..
Closed Thread