AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-29, 14:51   Link #601
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
funny thing is nothing happened to zessica even after all that tesing with amata. i wonder what her type of guy is then.
Her actions were pretty clearly (even from the preview last episode) done wholly to tease/jelly Mikono, not Amata who was simply the tool (some rich irony there). I don't see how anyone (even shippers, and I ship Zess) would/could expect her to suddenly be crushing on some guy she's just met now, effectively for the first time, in person. The other girls and guys (Mikono and Amata and Kagura are a different thing all together that was forged through reincarnate/saving the day) have known each other (lusted after each other) for years so they're full of sexy/inappropriate thoughts. Zessica? She's only starting to get interested in Amata, more-so as a pilot, and she's shown interest in trying to help Mikono (so maybe she's crushing on Cayenne and is going about showing it in the most roundabout manner imaginable ).

That last bit in the () is a bit odd though. She'd have had to have known he had a sister, had waited untold amounts of time for said sister to conveniently drop into the school before making a move on said sister because she has a crush on said sister's brother but didn't do anything for X years before hand because she was waiting for said sister to appear... Try reading that run on without a headache.
Old 2012-01-29, 14:58   Link #602
kuromitsu

Daaamn, Sazanka hit the jackpot. XDDD

Also, I have a feeling Shinji01 is not going to like the developments in this episode. 8D;;; (Re: why romance is forbidden.)

Spoiler for ep 5:

Also, it appears that the "random animal that is definitely not a cat is being called a cat" is going to be a running gag.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-01-29 at 15:28.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 15:01   Link #603
mayumi

^ the thing is we don't know if zessica is not a reincarnated form of some one from the previous series or not. considering she also has inverted hair and eye color of mikono just like amata and kagura. in the ending she is shown right after the book opens(that rena carried which shows the past of apollonius and celiane) and the space right after her panel is empty with just a candle and it can be filled with someone later on.
i just hope she doesn't become scorpius or something

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-01-29 at 15:15.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 15:10   Link #604
kuromitsu

Quote:
^ the thing is we don't know if zessica is not a reincarnated form of some one from the previous series or not. considering she also has inverted hair and eye color of mikono just like amata and kagura. in the ending she is shown right after the book opens(that rena carried which shows the past of apollonius and celiane) i just hope she doesn't become scorpius or something
I'm pretty sure that if there's reincarnation going on here (which there must be, this being Aquarion and all) it'll be reincarnations of Apollonius, Celiane & Co., not any of the elements from the first series....

Regarding Zessica, it's early to tell but I wouldn't be surprised if she was the (or just "a") reincarnation of Celiane. Question is, are Mikono and Zessica two halves of Celiane's soul, or is there a plot twist somewhere? The girls' situation is less clear cut than that of the boys': Kagura is pretty obviously a riff on Apollo from Sousei -> therefore Apollonius, and Amata is the Solar Wings therefore also Apollonius. Mikono and Zessica, though... Mikono must be Celiane in some way, since Kagura smelled her, and only her. But he didn't even notice Zessica.
Old 2012-01-29, 15:13   Link #605
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
^ the thing is we don't know if zessica is not a reincarnated form of some one from the previous series or not. considering she also has inverted hair and eye color of mikono just like amata and kagura. in the ending she is shown right after the book opens(that rena carried which shows the past of apollonius and celiane) i just hope she doesn't become scorpius or something
The ED may hint she is Celiane. Impossible? Not really in Aquarion it was revealed Celiane's soul reincarnated in both Sirius and Silvia. Silvia having the happy part. Sirius with the negative emotions as the result of the horror what Celiane and Apollonius did to the world.

Going by Donar and his teammate the same thing could happen again.

In the OVA Reika joined Apollo and Silvia as restraint to their love. The reason is similar here as to why there is a group of three.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 15:20   Link #606
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
My memory is pretty fuzzy from the original series but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Zessica and Mikono are also a split reincarnation of Celiane (as opposed to Mikono and Cayenne who seem like the more obvious choice if we want to draw parallels). Something about Mikono's character drives me more towards her being the darker side of Celiane (Sirius) similar to how it seems like Amata and Kagura are the light and dark sides of Apollo respectively.

But I'm just guessing.

Spoiler for Picture food for thought and size:
Old 2012-01-29, 15:25   Link #607
kuromitsu

^But if Zessica is also Celiane, I wonder why Kagura didn't react to her at all. That's why I'm thinking there must be a plot twist somewhere.
Old 2012-01-29, 15:29   Link #608
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
^But if Zessica is also Celiane, I wonder why Kagura didn't react to her at all.
The same reason he didn't react to his own other half, you'd think he'd be able to smell himself? He's looking for something specific, and if he is the dark side of Apollonius then he may just be searching for his dance partner, the dark side of Celianne. (All of the current imagery of Mikono is in darkness through the series, with only Amata introducing any light. Her entire character design is dark, the premonitions are all dark (wedding dress is black).)

It could just be that Kagura and Mikono are the only real reincarnations and Amata/Zessica are something else entirely. Plot twist, go go.
Old 2012-01-29, 15:36   Link #609
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

But in the first series, Celiane split in two because her trauma, didn't she? After first series and OVAs, that should be resolved, and Celiane should be an only person again (Sirius issues were sort of resolved, I guess. And Silvia didn't have problems being droped from the trio). I'm not so sure about Apollonious / Apollo. He was split to begin with and I can see how he could have contradictory feelings from the first series (about the Futaba thing, for example. Leaving Silvia behind probably didn't make him feel very pleasant, too). But making him being split again would be horrible. I mean: poor Apollonious, he has a puzzle soul. I'm thinking that Touma, if he in fact died, has bonus points for this splitting soul thing.

I'm going to left it here. Dinner is calling and I'm a little lion right now
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 15:36   Link #610
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The same reason he didn't react to his own other half,
But he did - he immediately recognized the Solar Wings (which at this point must be Amata because Kagura didn't react to the mecha, plus you know, wings and whatnot).

Oh well, we'll see how things turn out. (I just hope whatever happens Amata will come out of it all right, I'm particularly fond of him.)
Old 2012-01-29, 15:40   Link #611
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
But in the first series, Celiane split in two because her trauma, didn't she? After first series and OVAs, that should be resolved, and Celiane should be an only person again (Sirius issues were sort of resolved, I guess. And Silvia didn't have problems being droped from the trio). I'm not so sure about Apollonious / Apollo. He was split to begin with and I can see how he could have contradictory feelings from the first series (about the Futaba thing, for example. Leaving Silvia behind probably didn't make him feel very pleasant, too). But making him being split again would be horrible. I mean: poor Apollonious, he has a puzzle soul. I'm thinking that Touma, if he in fact died, has bonus points for this splitting soul thing.

I'm going to left it here. Dinner is calling and I'm a little lion right now
They split for the lulz? I don't have an explanation for that, I'm just trying to explain what we've seen in the context of what we know.

Quote:
But he did - he immediately recognized the Solar Wings (which at this point must be Amata because Kagura didn't react to the mecha, plus you know, wings and whatnot).
I meant by smell (unless I'm forgetting something, but he only smelled Mikono and I'm thinking that he should have also smelled his other half and recognized it before seeing the wings). I'm sure he's seen the wings before to recognize them.

Unless the wings are from Mikono in some strange back-ass-wards way.
Old 2012-01-29, 16:03   Link #612
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Unless the wings are from Mikono in some strange back-ass-wards way.
I've got it!

Mikono has wings on her boots, right? Well, it must mean that... THE SOLAR WINGS SPLIT INTO TWO PARTS, ONE INTO MIKONO AND ONE INTO AMATA.

That, or Apollonius actually reincarnated into Amata and Mikono, and Kagura is really part of Touma, and he just goes after Mikono because whatever. XDDDD

Kawamori, eat your heart out.

Seriously, though, I'm waiting to find out how much Kagura knows. He clearly recognized the wings and reacted to Mikono, but he was pretty much "eh, whatever?" about everything else.
Old 2012-01-29, 16:05   Link #613
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Spoiler for Ep 5:

Ahem, while I am waiting for my raw to DL...

Obligatory Sazanka worshipping is obligatory.

Spoiler for SQUEAL-SQUEAL:

And before I forget, thank you Mix, now I can have screenshot of Andy's blushes for the love of God ^q^
Hahah...I was too, in the last episode. So I am with Sezanka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Spoiler for KYAAAAAAAAH OMG OMG OMG OMG--that sorta of thing :p :

I have to get me some coffee and get rid of my family so I can be one with this raw version.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 16:06   Link #614
Katapan
俺様祭り

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Obligatory Sazanka worshipping is obligatory.
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2012-01-29, 16:10   Link #615
stardrago

Well i am not sure if anyone had notice, but the preview for episode 6 seems to show Aquarion with having Vector Y as the head and with the background having the moon; as how Gepart is the succesor to Mars and EVOL to Solar, we will finally see the succesor for Luna; this one with a sword and shiled that might double as a bow.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 16:13   Link #616
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Spoiler for romance is forbidden:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
W Well, so are we, so that's perfectly OK! Now let the Pixiv flood comeeeeeee~ *off to build my Sazanka shrine meanwhile*
*helps building*
Old 2012-01-29, 16:36   Link #617
mayumi

I just dont want zessica to get screwed, that ring didnt even go off once for her. Not that her pairing has to be amata. Just interested to know who goes along with her in the ED since there is a gap right after hers.
Old 2012-01-29, 16:40   Link #618
kuromitsu

Quote:
I just dont want zessica to get screwed, that ring didnt even go off once for her. Not that her pairing has to be amata. Just interested to know who goes along with her in the ED since there is a gap right after hers.
I think the gap will be Mykage (it doesn't make sense that he's missing).
Old 2012-01-29, 16:44   Link #619
miketyson

Series vets, 2 questions / ideas. First: is it possible there's a connection between Mikono's lack of element ability (so far) and Zessica's lack of impure thoughts (so far)? Like a "Mikono has her heart, Zessica has her strength"-style split?

Second: I've seen a lot of speculation that Kagura's some kind of "fake Appolonius". What if it's like this: Amata and his older sister (the mystery woman from his flashbacks...) were each 1/2 reincarnations of Applonius, but then the bad guys took her away and somehow used her soul to make Kagura? Does that work within the series mythos.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 16:45   Link #620
mayumi

Quote:
I think the gap will be Mykage (it doesn't make sense that he's missing).
It would be hilarious if zessica is like female apollo.

Quote:
^But if Zessica is also Celiane, I wonder why Kagura didn't react to her at all. That's why I'm thinking there must be a plot twist somewhere.
Same reason apollo doesnt recignize sirius smell to be similar to silvia. Who knows.

Tags
comedy, science fiction