AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-18, 18:16   Link #661
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
aigomorla@ I don't think so. We see some effect from that. But if you want think this is ok we will find the true sooner or later.
im not going to argue that im correct... i said theory..

its just he always has a glove on.
We never hear anyone talk about that tattoo.
Im even pretty sure none of the girls realize he has dual spirits.

Its just a little funny if u ask me.
I would at least say Elli should be curious why he has a glove on all the time.
I would also expect to see Est making comments on Kamito to discard that usless tattoo.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 18:19   Link #662
Soji

aigomorla@ I would agree with you about this if....
1 the girls don't seem so bright at time XD( or care with thing like this...come on they see his dance and they are in deny....if you know what i mean).
2 We see the effect from the second mark/contract in vol 1 (i say only vol 1 because we don't see the other vol for now.).
So no...i'm pretty sure that the contract was always there.

Also from what the girls know he use a glove for his style or for hide some kind of wound . So i think is not soo strange that none of the girls ask him about this.(the glove).
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 18:28   Link #663
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

The kiss ranking as of the end of volume 5 is:
Restia: 2+ (2 in the novel and definitely a ton more in his flashbacks)
Est: 2
Claire: 1
Fiana: 0.5. (she's pecked him on the cheek a bunch of times)
Linslet/Elis = 0

Restia is clearly the main heroine! Im not biased at all!

At the end of volume 4, Kamito is imprinted with a seal of darkness by the fake Ren Ashbell. The purpose was to force open Kamito's closed gate to astral zero. I suspect this was closed because of his messed up contract with Restia, but the book doesn't really explain. Anyway, Kamito's gate is opened, but the seal is killing him. As he is dying, est throws herself into the seal to suppress it. However, since Kamito's gate is now open, she is able to connect with Terminus Est, the real self she left behind when Kamito botched the contract in volume 1. Terminus Est reveals to Est that she is not a holy sword but a cursed sword. She appears to be holy because she can remove just about any curse. However, she actually absorbs it and curses her owner over time. Her one and only previous owner, Alesia was turned into a crystal by Est because of this. Est realizes this and rejects Kamito and runs away.

For most of volume 5, Kamito has no weapon. He regains Est as he is dying in a pool of his own blood (something that happens way too often). While he is unconscious, he convinces Est that he is ok with dying because of her. And somewhat forcibly kisses her to reform the contract. He yanks her out of her depression, and makes her his sword again.

That's a semi brief summary. If I wrote anymore, I'd be summarizing volume 5 haha.

@Azzisb I'm a little confused about your question. Fiana isn't looking for an artifact in volume 2. Also what witch are you talking about?

As for why she is discriminated against, 3 years before volume 1, Fiana was number 2 behind Claire's older sister in line for succession to become the priestess of the fire elemental lord. However, Claire's sister betrays the fire lord, for reasons that are still unknown, and Fiana confronts her. Fiana and Claire's sister were best friends, so she was extremely traumatized by Claire's sister's overwhelming strength when she annihilates Georgios in 1 attack. After that, Claire had a deep fear of spirits. Thus she loses her ability to summon and her place as a priestess. As a result, she is also disowned by the royal family, and she no longer exists in their eyes.

Basically she list her powers, and everyone abandoned her.

Ren Ashbell isn't really related. She runs into the forest in Astral Zero to escape her depression, but gets attacked by some random spirit while she has no powers. Kamito saves her while he is not cross dressing and she figured out his secret. She falls in live at first sight, and they promise to meet again, but he disappears after the Blade Dance. Do she's spent the last 3 years looking for him, to get over her despair of losing her powers.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 18:33   Link #664
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Was he sad that Est left him, reminding him of how restia left him?
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 18:43   Link #665
@GEMC

Lol cant wait to see kamito reaction after he see fiana in volume 2
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 19:38   Link #666
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Was he sad that Est left him, reminding him of how restia left him?
No. He wasn't that sad. The novel actually explicitly stated that when he lost Restia he was extremely sad. He was in despair. But this time, he was sad, but not to the same degree because he now has his harem *cough* I mean team mates to support him. The girls put on all sorts of ridiculous things to cheer him up including the whole bunny, cat, and dog suit thing you see in color illustrations in volume 5.

Holy smokes that's a lot of questions. Let me try and answer a few at a time. Btw, what volume is the Chinese up to?

As far as I know, Restia's mark has never disappeared. If it doesn't show up in the illustration, that is the artists mistake. This happens a lot in light novels, so the art cannot be relied upon for hints. The seal is the reason why Restia always knows where Kamito is, which leads to most of the events in volume 5 and 6.

As for Restia, she is an extremely possessive type. In volume 5, she offers herself to Kamito. In fact she calls out to him using the seal. But the condition is that he must abandon Est. she is extremely jealous that he is using another spirit.

Old 2012-04-18, 19:46   Link #667
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
No. He wasn't that sad. The novel actually explicitly stated that when he lost Restia he was extremely sad. He was in despair. But this time, he was sad, but not to the same degree because he now has his harem *cough* I mean team mates to support him. The girls put on all sorts of ridiculous things to cheer him up including the whole bunny, cat, and dog suit thing you see in color illustrations in volume 5.
Tht's something to look forward to...but I'm thinking he does go looking for her, right?
Old 2012-04-18, 19:48   Link #668
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I forgot, is Restia a sword spirit as well?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 19:50   Link #669
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
He yanks her out of her depression, and makes her his sword again.
is she unlocked?
Or is she still locked?

And he needs to absorb curses to retain them?
What if he just destroys them. LOL...
Old 2012-04-18, 20:02   Link #670
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I forgot, is Restia a sword spirit as well?
Yes she was kamito's first...in many ways
Old 2012-04-18, 20:06   Link #671
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Est is still locked. the current est is almost completely seperate from the original.

There are no signs of Est's curse yet. The reason is because the timespan of the novel is only 2 months thus far. Volume 4-6 take place over about 5 days.

Est killed Alesia over several years.

No, est doesn't destroy curses she merely absorbs them. She just looks like she destroying curses. Right now the only people who can dispel curses are Fianna and Reiha.

Old 2012-04-18, 20:14   Link #672
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

huh... so im lost..

Est is a separate conscience from Terminus Est.
In Vol.1 he contracted with Terminus Est, but something got screwed and he ended up with Est.
In vol.5 he force contracts regular Est and not Terminus Est?
Old 2012-04-18, 20:33   Link #673
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

In volume 1, he attempts to contract Terminus Est and succeeds partially. He gets the seal but can't open the gate to summon Terminus Est over like he should have. When he does summon Terminus Est, interference from Restia's contract causes the gate to shut prematurely creating Est who has 1/10 the power of the original and leaving Terminus Est somewhere in Astral Zero.

In volume 5, Est returns to Terminus Est but rejects reunification. Terminus Est laments Est's sense of self and gives Est all of its memories to try and convince her. Est goes into isolation, but Kamito yanks her out.

Terminus Est is still floating around in Astral Zero somewhere. Est is still seperate. Reunification will probably happen eventually. Restia is as powerful if not more powerful than Terminus Est. if he is to dual wield them, I suspect Est will need everything back.

Old 2012-04-18, 20:44   Link #674
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Est is still locked. the current est is almost completely seperate from the original.

There are no signs of Est's curse yet. The reason is because the timespan of the novel is only 2 months thus far. Volume 4-6 take place over about 5 days.

Est killed Alesia over several years.

No, est doesn't destroy curses she merely absorbs them. She just looks like she destroying curses. Right now the only people who can dispel curses are Fianna and Reiha.
Does he ask either of them for help(who is Reiha again??) when he finds out about the curse??
Old 2012-04-18, 21:02   Link #675
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

So in short... Terminus Est and Est are different people.
Is Terminus Est an older form of Est? Or is she the exact same loli?

And how did Est learn to be so Ero if she only had 1 master.
Was her previous master that ero?
Old 2012-04-18, 22:49   Link #676
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I am wondering since both Est and R(Est)ia are both sword spirits, I wonder if they are connected. Much like possible sisters.

Urgh, more FSN reference with Kanshou and Bakuya, maybe Est and Restia serve as the "yin" and "yang", both opposites. I don't think it's a coincidence that Est is mostly completely white while Restia is mostly black attire, maybe symbolism of some kind.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 23:01   Link #677
Richocet
Lover of Purity

^Well from what I rem, Terminus Est is the sword which defeated the devil king, who used Restia to try to kill the SK's(memory is a bit sketchy so I might be wrong)
Old 2012-04-19, 03:52   Link #678
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
So in short... Terminus Est and Est are different people.
Is Terminus Est an older form of Est? Or is she the exact same loli?

And how did Est learn to be so Ero if she only had 1 master.
Was her previous master that ero?
Terminus Est is a kuudere. Est is a mischievous, fun loving girl.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 05:15   Link #679
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
oh man... were gonna slaughter you with questions.

How about spoiling us on what your favorate moments were for both Est and Fiana.

Why did Restia leave Kamito?
Was there a reason why she left?
And was there never a tattoo on his left hand? Because that picture shows no tattoo.
Was he wearing a glove for the hell of it?

Why did Restia leave Kamito 3 years ago? Unexplained. There's something about how she was torn apart after Kamito made that ridiculous wish of wanting to kill all the elemental lords. She definitely left unwillingly, but how she left or what happened exactly is probably going to be explained in volume 7. I mean it's about Ren Ashbell and all.

Afterwards, Restia has been following some ridiculous misguided instructions to awaken Kamito as the Dark Elemental Lord. The books all hint that this person is a female. Originally, we all thought that this was the fake Ren Ashbell, but as it turns out she's only working with her, not for her. I'm more than willing to bet that this all ties together and Restia is working for none other than Claire's missing older sister. This is all speculation on my part though, but there are some hints.

Was there never a tattoo on his left hand?

There has always been a tattoo on Kamito's left hand, ever since he released Restia from her seal in the instructional facility. If it's not in the drawings, that is a mistake by the artist.

The seal is never stated to have disappeared even after Restia's apparent death in volume 6, so I assume it's still there even now.

Wearing a glove for the hell of it? It sure seems so. He wears it because he wanted to conceal the fact that he was a male spirit contract, though at this point it is completely irrelevant, since everyone already knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
aigomorla@ I thought was clear that Restia contract was still there. Just in a limbo like state. He try to summon her but she don't come from what i know. so no, the mark would be still there and that why kamito use the leather glove. Also we really don't know how much deeper relationship really was. We read something from Kamito thought and from some spoiler but we don't really know much about that.(for now) and that's why I'm soo damn curios to know more about their past.

KiRa08o2@ Yeah
Spoiler for spoiler:
Volume 6 just about explains everything we need to know about Restia and Kamito's relationship. Though that volume looks like it won't be in English for a long time. I wonder if it's in Chinese already?

I'm almost certain the author is going to bring Restia over to Kamito side. It just doesn't seem right for a character to die in a harem, love comedy, romance novel such as this. Also, to be very honest, the author isn't the greatest at dropping hints without it being the most obvious thing in the world. Volume 6 drops these ridiculous hints:

1. Kamito gets his right hand caught in a trap. He switches hands and stabs the enemy with Est in his left hand while exclaiming, "Sorry, but I'm ambidextrous." in what the equivalent of bolded caps in Japanese.

2. Kamito regains 1 technique employed by Ren Ashbell. The Rekka Rasen kenbu is explained to be a technique for a dual wielder as he uses it. But he can adapt it to be used with 1 weapon.

So... Kamito is probably going to be a dual wielder, but who's he going to wield? It better be Restia...

Last edited by Sylphic; 2012-04-19 at 05:35.
Old 2012-04-19, 05:22   Link #680
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I am wondering since both Est and R(Est)ia are both sword spirits, I wonder if they are connected. Much like possible sisters.

Urgh, more FSN reference with Kanshou and Bakuya, maybe Est and Restia serve as the "yin" and "yang", both opposites. I don't think it's a coincidence that Est is mostly completely white while Restia is mostly black attire, maybe symbolism of some kind.
I don't really remember how to translate the exact terms, but Est is a "Divine/Holy/Something-like-that spirit" while Restia is a Dark spirit.

...mostly black attire...gothic Lolita?

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap